Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay (631 Views)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon / Pastor Shaves A Lady, Removes Her Panties During Deliverance In Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by TheSaxophonist: 6:55am On Dec 30, 2018
Apple has removed a Christian ministry’s app from its store after LGBT supporters said the app was “dangerous” and “bigoted.”

Living Hope Ministries created the app about three years ago.

The gay rights group, Truth Wins Out, however, filed a petition at Change.org saying the app was “hateful.”

“The app falsely portrays being gay as an ‘addiction’, ‘sickness’, and ‘sin,'” the petition said.

After the decision, Truth Wins Out executive director Wayne Besen said Apple did “the right thing.”

“We thank Apple for exemplifying corporate responsibility and taking swift action to remove a dangerous app that stigmatizes and demeans LGBT people,” he said.

Ricky Chalette, executive director of Living Hope Ministries, however, says the ministry is “saddened” about the decision to remove the app.

“Regardless of their decision we will continue to make the app and our services available to those who seek them,” he said.

“We are a ministry that for nearly 30 years has helped individuals resolve their feelings they deem incongruent with their faith,” he said. “We help people deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ through Bible study and accountability. We walk with them to align their lives with the teachings of Jesus Christ.

more:
https://insiderpostonline./2018/12/30/apple-removes-christian-app-for-being-anti-gay/

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by luckyz4rea(m): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2018
When a door closes, another opens and even better one
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Gullah: 7:09am On Dec 30, 2018
The spirit of the Antichrist is ruling this world but I wouldn't be bothered if I was them because we are on the Lord's side, our victory is certain

1 Like

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2018
The App is a christian app, for Christians.

How does it affect the LGBT, are they Christians?
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by EVarn(m): 8:35am On Dec 30, 2018
kennygee:
The App is a christian app, for Christians.

How does it affect the LGBT, are they Christians?
Well then the Christian app should have focused on its Christian stuff instead of denigrating the LGBTI community. If they never mentioned the LGBTIs, those ones wouldn't have sued.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by EVarn(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2018
Gullah:
The spirit of the Antichrist is ruling this world but I wouldn't be bothered if I was them because we are on the Lord's side, our victory is certain
Antichrist ko, Unclechrist ni, how does LGBTI correspond with some phantom antichrist?.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Seun(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2018
Gullah:
Why would God allow the spirit of the Antichrist to rule his creation? This is like allowing Shekau to be the president of Nigeria. It seems like a very bad decision to me. What am I not understanding?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Austine567(m): 9:05am On Dec 30, 2018
abeg,what's the full meaning of LGBT?
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by TheSaxophonist: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2018
Seun:
Why would God allow the spirit of the Antichrist to rule his creation? This is like allowing Shekau to be the president of Nigeria. It seems like a very bad decision to me. What am I not understanding?
grin grin
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by TheSaxophonist: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2018
Austine567:
An initialism which stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by alfaman3: 10:29am On Dec 30, 2018
Austine567:

Low Gravity Bionic Termites.
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by LordReed(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2018
alfaman3:

Low Gravity Bionic Termites.

I would totally watch a movie with that title.
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2018
Remove it let's see what the useless God will do grin
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by tstx(m): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2018
Good... Its High time people learnt to be tolerant.
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by tstx(m): 11:17am On Dec 30, 2018
Seun:

My dear Christianity get so many questions than answers

1 Like

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2018
Seun:
The antichrist must rule because the sheep as to be separated from the goat.
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by truefact: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
asuustrike1:

The antichrist must rule because the sheep as to be separated from the goat.
Then, why do hypocritical Christians complain when it is evident that the Antichrist must rule. This same Christians sing, dance and party with worldly music and things, move with evil and diabolical polictians, and do all the bad things that worldly people do, yet shout here and there about Antichrist... Everybody is an Antichrist for hypocritical Christians, even the Pope who is epitome of Christianity... Most Christians are simply deranged
Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
truefact:

Then, why do hypocritical Christians complain when it is evident that the Antichrist must rule. This same Christians sing, dance and party with worldly music and things, move with evil and diabolical polictians, and do all the bad things that worldly people do, yet shout here and there about Antichrist... Everybody is an Antichrist for hypocritical Christians, even the Pope who is epitome of Christianity... Most Christians are simply deranged
Let's set the record straight. A Christian is different from a church goer. What makes a person a Christian is living a life pleasing to God not man. A Christian is a person that is different from the world. Hence your assertion about Christians are wrong as those are church goers

1 Like

Re: Apple Removes Christian App For Being Anti-gay by awesomeJ(m): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2019
Seun:
Everything. That's what you're not understanding.

(1) (Reply)

God Always Answer Me When I Pray For People Because I..... / Couple Ties The Knot Before 40 Naked Guests (+18 Photos) / I Bought Her Another Subscription, But I'm Thinking Of Breaking Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.