Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat (3274 Views)

Lagos APC Announces Femi Hamzat As Jide Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate / "Kwankwaso Behind Video Of Governor Ganduje Receiving $5m Bribe" - CSOs / Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Was Caught Receiving $5m Bribe - Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by midolian(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2018
The running mate to the All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in Lagos State, Obafemi Hamzat, has alleged that he rejected a $5million bribe from former President Goodluck Jonathan during the 2015 elections.

He explained that he refused the money because he was thinking about the future and never wanted to tarnish his image.

Hamzat spoke at the launch of Sanwo-Olu and Hamzat Advocates at Fidimaye Hall, Oko-Oba, Abule-Egba, Lagos, over the weekend.

According to the former Commissioner for Works in the state, in 2014, “I contested with the current Governor, Akinwumi Ambode for the Governorship ticket of the party and as we all know how it went, the then President Goodluck Jonathan offered me bribe of $5miillion and I refused it.

“Some of you here are my witness, I mean some of you that were sent, are here to testify. I refused because I was thinking about the future and I don’t want to spoil my name. Let us remain calm, our turn will come.

“Our work as Nigerians is simple and our campaign will be very easy because PDP destroyed this country for 16 years. They spent N1.7trillion on power for 16 years and they were unable to give the country just 2,950 megawatts.

“In the last three years, I worked as a Special Adviser Technical to the Minister for Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, we travelled round the 36 states by road, the opposition party has spoiled this country because since 1999 to 2015, federal government did not finish any road project except the Lagos- Abeokuta road.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/12/30/rejected-goodluck-jonathans-5m-bribe-sanwo-olus-running-mate-hamzat/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by helinues: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2018
Capital letter L

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by midolian(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2018
If Jonathan had won 2015 elections, Nigeria by now will be so bad that Sudan will be giving us financial aid

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by amaniro: 8:20am On Dec 30, 2018
Nigerian Politicians keep toiling and toiling with the past. Why can't you move forward?! this blame game has to stop 2019.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by amaniro: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2018
And if Buhari wins 2019,We will be worst than Afghanistan.

midolian:
If Jonathan had won 2015 elections, Nigeria by now will be so bad that Sudan will be giving us financial aid

21 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by midolian(m): 8:23am On Dec 30, 2018
amaniro:
And if Buhari wins 2019,We will be worst than Afghanistan.

If that will make your likes leave this country for good..

It's LL be fine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by amaniro: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2018
midolian:

If that will make your likes leave this country for good..
It's LL be fine

Happy new year in Addy.
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by Blakjewelry(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2018
the guy don forget say the mentioned of gej no dey sell market again. who know this guy outside Lagos before now?

9 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by oluwatosink: 8:29am On Dec 30, 2018
Pdp/Atiku are destroyers..
Jonathan is a thief. angry
The one wey dey do this country don do..
Haha.
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by midolian(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2018
amaniro:

Happy new year in Addy.

I wish you the same
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by netpro(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2018
To call Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki and PDP corrupt is a gross Understatement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by sholatech(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2018
Why is it that APC guys only attack PDP when campaigning instead of listing their own achievements?

And they usually lie..

I like Hamzat, but why lie that PDP did not complete any road in 16 years? Within middle belt Nigeria alone I know at least 3 Federal roads started and completed by them.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by Uyiii: 8:52am On Dec 30, 2018
midolian:
I'm very glad buhari won actually, because if the reverse was the case, we would have been thinking Nigeria will be like Canada by now.

but you can see your life in 3D now, no matter how much of a zombie you're, I know your conscience is disappointed in you.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by Ruddyman(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2018
Leave GEJ alone

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by IMASTEX: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2018
Answer: Because he didn't give you. Simple!

At this point, Nigerians are not interested in what was wrongly done. Tell us how you intend to fix things.

"A child that blames his poverty on his father's inability to leave him a good fortune is certainly a bigger failure than his father"

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by RealEstateTek: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by NwaOhafia: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2018
This guy have been a noisemaker lately

Oga You try .....

Next

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by easynetsms(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2018
The way dis people mention this money , u will know that our politicians have finished us

Check my signature for legit internet data.. Very cheap
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2018
GEJ, the Bayelsan � cowboy
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by deafeyez: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2018
Why APC keep on revolving on 16 years of miss rule.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by brainworkng: 9:02am On Dec 30, 2018
APC should be careful of Hamzat o? If not he will be worse than Ambode...Guber running mate already running his mouth more than the Guber himself. Sanwolu should watch his back o

3 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by martineverest(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2018
liar.... Nigerian politician will reject that kind of money?

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by chrischukszy01(m): 9:03am On Dec 30, 2018
The only way for u to be relevant is by bringing in #GEJ into ur campaign.
Oga tell d masses ur plans to better their life and leave GEJ alone.
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by XaviDayo(m): 9:03am On Dec 30, 2018
Thunder strike you there. Furkin liar

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by johnabel123: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by akdjr(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2018
It is true Jonathan woo him then believing he's aggrieved since he was denied governorship ticket just like as they are secretly wooing Ambode to come and contest under PDP.
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2018
all apc knows how to do best is to blame..no single achievement to boast about.
rubbish.
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by solajacobs(m): 9:05am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by arabbunkum: 9:05am On Dec 30, 2018
Story by the moon light. Psychiatric patient as a gubernatorial candidate? Only in Lagos!

Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by HolyTitus(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2018
Cho!
Re: Why I Rejected Goodluck Jonathan’s $5m Bribe – Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate, Hamzat by juniorstar(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2018
If u know dat d govt was so bad why promise to fix it. aAter getting d mandate the only thing we keep hearing is d economy was already in a state of mess and wailing for the past 16 yrs!

(1) (2)

2019 ELECTION What The Lord Told Me – Apostle Johnson Suleman / African Genocides: Heartbreaking Fulani Attacks In Mali & Burkina-faso Today / Proof That INEC Did Not Use Server For Result Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.