Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War (962 Views)

Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG / Nigerian Military Responsible For ABSU Students Kidnapping - Mazi Nnamdi Kanu / Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
Tobi Soniyi

Massive corruption among top military chiefs appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari is the reason Nigeria is losing the war against Boko Haram, the Defense and Foreign Affairs has revealed in its Special Analysis released on December 28.

The Defense and Foreign Affairs reports are published by the International Strategic Studies Association (ISSA) based in the United States of America. ISSA is a Washington-based non-governmental organisation with a worldwide membership of professionals involved in national and international security and strategic policy.

The association, in 1998, took over publication of the Defense and Foreign Affairs publishing and information group, which began in 1972, providing strategic information and analysis to governments worldwide. It also incorporates the Global Information System (GIS), an encrypted on-line intelligence service for governments.

President of ISSA, Gregory Copley, told THISDAY yesterday night that their analyses were not released to the public but to governments the organisation had affiliation with. Investigation shows that not less than 160 countries have some form of affiliation to the organisation’s reports.

Asked specifically if the organisation had any affiliation with Nigeria, Coley, replied, “All I can say is that our report go to all countries we have some form of affiliation with. I will not comment on specific cases.”

“The commission, investigating defense procurement from 2007 onwards, made significant strides which were initially accepted by the Buhari government, until the scope of the inquiry went beyond the period relating to the former government of Pres. Goodluck Jonathan, and began to show corruption patterns extending into officers still serving under President Buhari.”

The report stated that the death of a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal (rtd.) Alex Sabundu Badeh (who became Chief of Defence Staff), and that of a former Chief of Administration of the Nigerian Army, Major General Idris Alkali, on September 3, 2018 were not a mere coincidence .

It said, “Given the upsurge in momentum by ‘the highest levels of government’ to stop the findings becoming public from the corruption commission on defense procurement, it is plausible that the attribution of a criminal ‘kidnapping-attempt-gone-wrong’ against the Air Chief Marshal was a convenient excuse to ensure that the victim — Badeh — could not divulge in court the pattern and details of corruption which has grown even more rampant in the current generation of defense leadership.

“On September 3, 2018, the retired Chief of Administration of the Nigerian Army, Maj.-Gen. Idris Alkali, was also killed, ostensibly by a gang of youthful protestors who set up a roadblock near Jos, the capital of Plateau State. His body was discovered on October 31, 2018. And his death was blamed on ‘an irate mob’, who were protesting in the Du-ra-Du community against the September 2, 2018, killing of 11 members of their own community.”

The report further stated, “No significant economic or political progress can be achieved in Nigeria until the issue of the Boko Haram insurgency is resolved. Other insurgencies are also expected to emerge, or re-emerge, particularly in the Niger Delta. And while other pending internal security issues are important, it is on the BH issue that the prestige, credibility, and reliability of Nigeria is assessed by the international community. Thus, all questions of the viability of Nigeria as a candidate for inward foreign direct investment (FDI) and international cooperation are dependent on a resolution of the BH issues.

“Domestically, resolution of the BH issue is a pre-requisite to enabling issues of intra-Nigerian regional equity imbalances to be addressed. Moreover, the credibility of the Federal Government as an arbiter of justice is assessed by the domestic electorate and the world community.”

However, the Nigerian Armed Forces have consistently denied any allegation of corruption against the leadership. They have also stated and demonstrated the fact that they are capable of not only stopping the insurgents but rooting them out of the country.

Two days ago, army spokesman, Brig. General Sani Kukasheka Usman, said the nation’s military repelled an attack by the insurgents in Baga, Boro State. According to him, the insurgents on Wednesday, December 26 attacked the 7 Brigade of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), based in Baga, Borno State, about 7pm.

A statement issued by Usman read, “The troops along with their Nigerian Navy counterparts put up a very determined fight to repel the attack throughout the night, while Sector 3 Operation LAFIYA DOLE sent in reinforcement who are in hot pursuit of the terrorists.

“Similarly, a Search and Rescue team has been constituted.

“The Nigerian Air Force component has also been mobilised and are engaging the fleeing terrorists. Unfortunately, a naval personnel was killed in action. So far, no further details of casualties yet as efforts are ongoing to clear the terrorists hiding in Baga and environs.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/12/30/report-corruption-in-military-responsible-for-faltering-bharam-war/?amp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by qwertyboss(m): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
everywhere corruption

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Na only God go deliver us for this country. The more things change, the more useless they become.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
As a retired commander in the military, Buhari should have done better, but alas he is busy fighting kworuption while Boko Haram keeps killing people in the north.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Redoil: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
When are we going to get it right in this our country nigeria
Funy people playing calocalo with peoples lives.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
Redoil:
Funy people playing calocalo with peoples lives.

Very pathetic! Military personnel are dying like goats; lots of cover up. You get to know about death of relatives in military when messages for burial ceremony are sent.
It may look far, God will certainly fight for us.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Feraz(m): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omooba77:

Very pathetic! Military personnel are dying like goats; lots of cover up. You get to know about death of relatives in military when messages for burial ceremony are sent.
I can understand why the govt is seriously trying to cover it up. My grouse is with the media houses. What happened to the investigative journalism Channels TV once practiced? That piece they did on the Police College at Ikeja during GEJ's regime is still fresh in my memory. Why were those who were so loud then suddenly quiet?

Omooba77:
Tobi Soniyi

Massive corruption among top military chiefs appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari is the reason Nigeria is losing the war against Boko Haram, the Defense and Foreign Affairs has revealed in its Special Analysis released on December 28.

The Defense and Foreign Affairs reports are published by the International Strategic Studies Association (ISSA) based in the United States of America. ISSA is a Washington-based non-governmental organisation with a worldwide membership of professionals involved in national and international security and strategic policy.

The association, in 1998, took over publication of the Defense and Foreign Affairs publishing and information group, which began in 1972, providing strategic information and analysis to governments worldwide. It also incorporates the Global Information System (GIS), an encrypted on-line intelligence service for governments.

President of ISSA, Gregory Copley, told THISDAY yesterday night that their analyses were not released to the public but to governments the organisation had affiliation with. Investigation shows that not less than 160 countries have some form of affiliation to the organisation’s reports.

Asked specifically if the organisation had any affiliation with Nigeria, Coley, replied, “All I can say is that our report go to all countries we have some form of affiliation with. I will not comment on specific cases.”

“The commission, investigating defense procurement from 2007 onwards, made significant strides which were initially accepted by the Buhari government, until the scope of the inquiry went beyond the period relating to the former government of Pres. Goodluck Jonathan, and began to show corruption patterns extending into officers still serving under President Buhari.”

The report stated that the death of a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal (rtd.) Alex Sabundu Badeh (who became Chief of Defence Staff), and that of a former Chief of Administration of the Nigerian Army, Major General Idris Alkali, on September 3, 2018 were not a mere coincidence .

The period where the present min. of interior held sway right? Do you still wonder why they refused going beyond that time?

Another who bought properties in Dubai with his supposed savings bah?

Of course, many Nigerians are aware that Badeh's assassination was political.

CC: Doctokwus

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
Feraz:

The period where the present min. of interior held sway right? Do you still wonder why they refused going beyond that time?

Of course, many Nigerians are aware that Badeh's assassination were political.

He de rear snakes and na delicious meal of one mod!

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Metuh: 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
Buhari and his baggage of corruption. grin

Mr Integrithief haha haha, I laugh in Zombie language. grin

4 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
Metuh:
Buhari and his baggage of corruption. grin

Mr Integrithief haha haha, I laugh in Zombie language. grin
The Truth is that something is wrong somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by ojun50(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
What happened to the investigative journalism Channels TV once practiced?

Buhari/Apc brought Channels TV that why thy will nt do any investigative journalism till buhari leave office

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Racoon(m): 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
This was when Danbazzau, Buratai, Air Commodre Umar that was alleged to be housing EFCC chair were implicated.https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/arms-probe-presidency-doctored-report-to-shield-dambazau-buratai-says-junaid-mohammed/amp

Well that is how Buhari fight corruption-always protecting his own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Gandollar(f): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
ojun50:
What happened to the investigative journalism Channels TV once practiced?

Buhari/Apc brought Channels TV that why thy will nt do any investigative journalism till buhari leave office
Freedom of speech died with the last administration. If any media house do any how, APC will make sure it's their last broadcast. You go to court, they won't even respect court orders.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Gandollar(f): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Remimadrid:
As a retired commander in the military, Buhari should have done better, but alas he is busy fighting kworuption while Boko Haram keeps killing people in the north.
buhari is an obsolete retired military commander. To make it worse, he's remote controlled by two equally obsolete friends of his.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gandollar:
Freedom of speech died with the last administration. If any media house do any how, APC will make sure it's their last broadcast. You go to court, they won't even respect court orders.

We will overcome; censorship everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
Feraz:
I can understand why the govt is seriously trying to cover it up. My grouse is with the media houses. What happened to the investigative journalism Channels TV once practiced? That piece they did on the Police College at Ikeja during GEJ's regime is still fresh in my memory. Why were those who were so loud then suddenly quiet?

Our media has been gagged, no FOS again. This is just the plain Truth.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by doctokwus: 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
Feraz:

This is the most corrupt government that ever ruled us.All these revelations are no surprise to discerning observers of this government.Right from Buhari to his military chiefs and other appointees,all are a bunch of lying,fraudulent,parochial,nepotic bunch.
If Nigerians regain their commonsenses and vote out this government,the kind of revelations about the fraudulent deeds carried out by the government would make corpses turn in their graves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by doctokwus: 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omooba77:

The Great one himself must be tired of fighting for us.
How can he fight for a people that are ruled by a man so incompetent,aged,nepotic,overseeing suffering and bloodshed round the country,and yet he still has people rooting for a second term for him!
He divinely helped us get rid of Abacha,when some i diots were adopting him up and down.During Buhari's first stint as military HOS,he also helped get him out,within just 18months when He saw the danger his continued rule would portend.
This is a man that executed some people for cocaine trafficking,not murder o,despite the fact that they even committed the offence before the enactment of the capital punishment for drug trafficking!So they were basically executed retroactively!!
Since some people are hellbent on destroying what remains of Nigeria,if Buhari is returned,as they so wish,its up to the general populace to take the gauntlet and vote him out or suffer the dire consequences.God cannot be coming to our rescue everytime because he didn't give us commonsense for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
doctokwus:

The Great one himself must be tired of fighting for us.
How can he fight for a people that are ruled by a man so incompetent,aged,nepotic,overseeing suffering and bloodshed round the country,and yet he still has people rooting for a second term for him!
He divinely helped us get rid of Abacha,when some i diots were adopting him up and down.During Buhari's first stint as military HOS,he also helped get him out,within just 18months when He saw the danger his continued rule would portend.
This is a man that executed some people for cocaine trafficking,not murder o,despite the fact that they even committed the offence before the enactment of the capital punishment for drug trafficking!So they were basically executed retroactively!!
Since some people are hellbent on destroying what remains of Nigeria,if Buhari is returned,as they so wish,its up to the general populace to take the gauntlet and vote him out or suffer the dire consequences.God cannot be coming to our rescue everytime because he didn't give us commonsense for nothing.

Only few people like you are reasoning this way; some people because of ego and party affiliation still want this administration to continue when it is obvious nothing is working.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by bantudra: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
i dont believe anything any white says........

those morafvckers stole my cigarette maschine in europe....

am very pissed right now.... angry angry
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by ChimaAgbalajob: 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
So what happened to the $1 billion dollars Buhari stole from ECA claiming to buy arms with it?

Buhari is a BIG SCAM!
A Shameless LIAR!

Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by bantudra: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:
So what happened to the $1 billion dollars Buhari stole from ECA claiming to buy arms with it?

Buhari is a BIG SCAM!
A Shameless LIAR!

you are a ineffectual moroon....
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
bantudra:
i dont believe anything any white says........

those morafvckers stole my cigarette maschine in europe....

am very pissed right now.... angry angry

What is this? We are talking of serious matter
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by bantudra: 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omooba77:

What is this? We are talking of serious matter

abegi....

my matter is serious too...they stole my maschine....dammit... angry angry

your soooo holy people stole my maschine....!!!!... angry angry

your white jeeeeesus christ stole my maschine....!!!!.... angry angry
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by bantudra: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
sheisse...
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by olucephas(m): 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
I thought as much...

Bosses, I need job or anything that will earn me money ( legit ooo) .Schools are currently on strike and besides I'm a fresher. I stay in Lagos, Alimosho LG. You can get to me via 08085045892
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
bantudra:

abegi....

Tele lala and stop derailing
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by bantudra: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omooba77:

Tele lala and stop derailing

derailin what....??...lies from white people....??

i cant even take this news serious sef....

coming from the same people that said nigeria will disintegrate years ago....??...

comman....!!...give me a break....its your business to listen to those loosers not mine....

stop mentionin me and i will not comment on this thread no more....its borin to me....
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by ChimaAgbalajob: 3:55am On Dec 31, 2018
bantudra:

abegi....

The current regime is just robbing Nigeria to death and using propaganda and deceit to deflect attention from the monumental theft going on right now in Buhari's regime.
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2018
bantudra:

derailin what....??...lies from white people....??

i cant even take this news serious sef....

coming from the same people that said nigeria will disintegrate years ago....??...

comman....!!...give me a break....its your business to listen to those loosers not mine....

stop mentionin me and i will not comment on this thread no more....its borin to me....

Hmmmm;;if after 3 1/2 years no solution is on site what do you expect.
You called this lie?
Anyway, I pray Nigeria problems end as we mark the end of 2018 in Jesus name.
Re: Report: Corruption In Military Responsible For Faltering B’haram War by Omooba77: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2018
Are we really fighting corruption in this nation? Sometimes I laugh at our hypocrisy.

(1) (Reply)

What's Ur Favorite Igbo Title Name For Buhari / BREAKING: Rivers APC: Supreme Court Affirms Judgement Of Lower Court NEWS / US Warns again :Those Who Interfere In Nigeria’s Election Must Answer For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.