Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG (22406 Views)

Governor Zulum Tells Remi Tinubu He Will Deliver Borno To Tinubu / Deploy Dissolved SARS To Borno - Zulum Tells FG / Boko Haram: I Can’t Be Silent, Zulum Tells APC Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by ogododo: 11:12am On Feb 29
Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno has urged the Federal Government to reconsider its decision to merge Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB) with the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) given the gap in Western education, which is worsened by the effect of the decade of Boko Haram devastation in Borno and other neighbouring states.

It should be recalled that the Orosanye Committee report adopted by the federal government seeks to merge or scrap several institutions with duplicating functions as a means of cutting costs in governance.

In an early morning address to newsmen while distributing palliatives to 100,000 households in Maiduguri, Zulum said that Boko Haram insurgents have achieved their objectives if the university is scrapped.

Therefore, we appeal to Mr President to look into this issue so that the Army University Biu would remain a university.

If this is not possible, maybe they don’t want to create another army university. We appeal to the President to allow the Federal Ministry of Education to take over the Army University to become a conventional university. This is also something we shall plead with the FG.

“If it’s possible, they should allow it as an Army university because of the importance of education in this part of the country, where Boko Haram is saying that education is forbidden. And I think that by allowing this Army university to be scrapped, they might have achieved one or two of their objectives,” he said.

The governor noted that, for over a decade, Borno State has been facing a serious crisis that has denied many children access to education. “Therefore, this university is very important to not only the people of Borno State but our neighbouring states,” he said.

Zulum, who agreed with the federal government on its quest to reposition the system to reflect current realities, said the quantum of students absorbed by the institution is something to be considered.

Similarly, the governor made a case for the National Centre for Agriculture Mechanisation, Ilorin.

He said that at this material time, when the federal government is looking towards promoting food security through sustainable agriculture, the centre is very important.

“This is the only mechanisation outfit in Nigeria that is saddled with the responsibility of agricultural tools.

“I believe a technical committee would be set up, and we shall recommend to the presidency reviewing some of the decisions with a view to adding value to what he has done.

“By and large, I have to commend the initiative, and we are behind the initiative,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/merging-army-university-nda-will-give-bharam-upper-hand-zulum-tells-fg/#google_vignette

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Paraman: 11:15am On Feb 29
It was buratai who wasted money in creating this university. The borno state government should take over the university if they don't want it close down.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by chiiraq802(m): 11:18am On Feb 29
With or without merging Boko Boys still have the upper hands.

#Finished Country.

40 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Nbote(m): 11:21am On Feb 29
Lol... These people can never seize to amaze anyone. This Zulum is a definition of stomach infrastructure personified. Instead of investing state money in projects that will improve the state and the lives of its citizens, he shares cash and items which the people sees as priority and will sing his praises to the high heavens

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by pharmagba: 11:31am On Feb 29
Paraman:
It was buratai who wasted money in creating this university. The borno state government should take over the university if they don't want it close down.
Spot on!

The Army have no business setting up university in Biu.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by triple996(m): 11:35am On Feb 29
does tinubu know what he is doing??
Is this really a good move ??
How many universities have he merged in the west??

Removing subsidy at a time of suffering,
Moving all important parastatals from d capital to lagos,
Destroying market control,
Destroying the naira/doller exchange
Worsening insecurity,
Hunger due to difficulty in the agricultural sector ,
Closure of multiple companies due to high cost of operations with zero profits

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Paraman: 11:41am On Feb 29
uba1991:
the way some of you think I don't know if you have anything in that skull.
So the university is now a waste of money.
I am not surprised to see how dumb is Tinubu.
Imagine if Tinubu wake up tomorrow and appoint this fool as an adviser just because he is a Yoruba man, is this the kind of advice he give the drug Barron?
The way lowlifes like you throw insult online is disgusting. The internet they cause shit gan... aje!!

What business do the army have creating a university? Your answer will show who does not have a brain in his skull between you and I.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by CaptainStephen(m): 12:03pm On Feb 29
Merging both doesn't make any sense.
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by bjdon: 12:07pm On Feb 29
What the heck is Army university? Total nonsense. We already have NDA There is no need for another degree level military institution. The next thing you will start having 'Army universities' all over the country. It should never had been set up in the first place and the govt is totally right to scrap it.
Zulum should focus on primary and secondary education in his state

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by LordIsaac(m): 12:11pm On Feb 29
Yet another cry from the North! Only the Jagaban can pull this off and survive…

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by kokoA(m): 12:26pm On Feb 29
What's the need for army university in the first place?

17 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Pergie001: 12:37pm On Feb 29
Peter Obi Ikpeaze Ugwuayi n other criminals governor no share pass that ?!

Nbote:
Lol... These people can never seize to amaze anyone. This Zulum is a definition of stomach infrastructure personified. Instead of investing state money in projects that will improve the state and the lives of its citizens, he shares cash and items which the people sees as priority and will sing his praises to the high heavens

2 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by papyjaypaul: 1:48pm On Feb 29
There was really no need to have a University after an Academy had been in existence for years. Wetin military man wan read wey no de the institutes and education corps? Waste and duplication.

11 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by uba1991: 4:13pm On Feb 29
Paraman:
The way lowlifes like you throw insult online is disgusting. The internet they cause shit gan... aje!!

What business do the army have creating a university? Your answer will show who does not have a brain in his skull between you and I.
wao! Now I know I am talking to compound fool. Do you know that there are education personnels in the military? The only thing that will remove the mentality of ignorant and brainwashed from the future terrorist is to be educated.
The military is a world of it own, they have every aspect of life in the military. Doctors, carpenters, farmers, drivers, pilots, musicians, tailors etc are in the military.
Ordinary google would have safe you from all this embarrassment.
Airforce comprehensive school Ibadan was the overall best in mathematics cowbell competition some years back.
Telling us that the military has no business in building school is foolishness of the highest order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Paraman: 4:36pm On Feb 29
uba1991:
wao! Now I know I am talking to compound fool. Do you know that there are education personnels in the military?
I don't have the time to read all your dumb post. But have you ever heard of NDA(Nigeria Defense Academy)?

If the military has NDA, why should buratai waste money establishing another university that's underfunded and about to be close down by the FG?

21 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by uba1991: 4:45pm On Feb 29
Paraman:
I don't have the time to read all your dumb post. But have you ever heard of NDA(Nigeria Defense Academy)?

If the military has NDA, why should buratai waste money establishing another university that's underfunded and about to be close down by the FG?
mumu! Who told you that it is underfunded? google and see military universities in the whole world. Is Nigeria army the first military to have a university?
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Paraman: 4:54pm On Feb 29
uba1991:
mumu! Who told you that it is underfunded? google and see military universities in the whole world. Is Nigeria army the first military to have a university?
The Nigerian military already has NDA.

Buratai should have focus on upgrading Nigerian army barracks all over Nigeria instead of wasting money on a university that's about to be close by the FG dumbo.

The Nigerian army university in Biu is a waste of money, that's why the FG is about to do the needful to it. You can wail to death all you want here, it does not matter.

17 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by uba1991: 5:03pm On Feb 29
Paraman:
The Nigerian military already has NDA.

Buratai should have focus on upgrading Nigerian army barracks all over Nigeria instead of wasting money on a university that's about to be close by the FG dumbo.

The Nigerian army university in Biu is a waste of money, that's why the FG is about to do the needful to it. You can wail to death all you want here, it does not matter.

why am I reply this slowpoke?
Gerrout!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Paraman: 5:13pm On Feb 29
uba1991:
why am I reply this slowpoke?
Gerrout!!!!
You quoted me first. I don't quote fraustrated and hungry boys like you.

16 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Melagros(m): 5:48pm On Feb 29
COMRADES, hope you can see the confusion that this Muslim Muslim tickets is causing in Nigeria
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Paracetamol01: 8:19pm On Feb 29
What ?
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Tradepunter2: 8:20pm On Feb 29
Hahah zulim should shut up
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Anguldi(m): 8:21pm On Feb 29
embarassed
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by santaclaws: 8:22pm On Feb 29
I am not against the Army university sited in Borno state, but is it the presence of the university that's preventing the surge of Boko Haram? What about Yobe and other states in the North East? undecided

Apart from the NDA, the Army already has institutions awarding HND and producing graduates every year, e.g. Army School of Logistics in Ojo Cantonment. Perhaps the Navy and Air Force also need to have their university if that's the case... forgetting that the NDA is already there for that purpose. The Nigerian army and their chiefs are part of those consuming the resources of the country with very poor results to show for it

If the Army wants graduates, there are millions of graduates to be recruited and trained, they're not even recruiting enough officers to warrant the need for a university...

7 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Chizy12345: 8:22pm On Feb 29
beneficiaries
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Skillsnigeria: 8:22pm On Feb 29
grin
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Ademola47(m): 8:22pm On Feb 29
Merging the Army University with NDA is a welcome development.

Next is to merge Civil Defence (NSCDC) with Police.

Enough of duplication of institution.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by dosage150(m): 8:25pm On Feb 29
Shaving stick is now ₦400
I will quietly boil water and do it chicken way

5 Likes

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by jiz: 8:26pm On Feb 29
Zulum when did you turn boko haram strategist
You no even try again for governance compared to your first term.
Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Judolisco(m): 8:27pm On Feb 29
Ogbeni stfu... Nobody is scrapping d university, jst merging it.... Let them receive a single budget rather than a separate budget

1 Like

Re: Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG by Smartguyboy(m): 8:27pm On Feb 29

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku, Yari, Ningi Move To Establish Mega Party Ahead Of 2027 / Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries / Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.