Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,136 members, 7,845,778 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Admits He Would Happily Become Permanent Man Utd Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Admits He Would Happily Become Permanent Man Utd Manager (375 Views)

I Asked For $4M For Haaland, Manchester United Turned It Down - Ole Gunnar / Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach / Solskjaer Admits Sanchez Could Leave Man Utd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Admits He Would Happily Become Permanent Man Utd Manager by obembet(f): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
​Manchester United interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted that he would be happy to take the managerial job on a permanent basis at the end of the season.

The United legend assumed temporary control of the side following Jose Mourinho's dismissal, and has since guided the club to two emphatic victories over both Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City. He will remain in charge until the end of the season, when a decision will be made on the permanent successor to Mourinho.

Speaking to ​Sky Sports ahead of Sunday's clash with ​Bournemouth, Solskjaer admitted that he would likely have no problem accepting a permanent position at the club. He said: "My job is for the next five months, because I'm going to leave them to someone else when they come in.

"That's the plan and that's what my job is at the moment, it runs out at the end of May - actually the end of June but we don't play many games in June - so my job is to affect the players on what it is all about at ​Manchester United.

"Of course, results and all that stuff too but I have to make sure I guide them and help them so in a year or two when I sit down and see these players perform again and keep winning trophies, I might feel a part of this.

"You're always ambitious of course, but as I've told Ed [Woodward] and the owners, I'm here to do as well and I can and if in May, you decide someone else will be coming in, then fantastic and if you decide it's me, I'm sure we will agree."

United currently sit sixth in the ​Premier League table, and victory against Bournemouth would see the Red Devils move just three points behind fifth-placed ​Arsenal, who slumped to a 5-1 defeat at the hands of league leaders ​Liverpool on Saturday.

Source : https://www.90min.com/posts/6259374-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-admits-he-would-happily-become-permanent-man-utd-manager/partners/42260

Lalasticlala
mynd44

1 Like

Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Admits He Would Happily Become Permanent Man Utd Manager by Babysnow1: 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
yes....you are welcome sir
GGMU
Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Admits He Would Happily Become Permanent Man Utd Manager by iceboy4752(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
We can't say how Manutd will perfom under him till he plays more games. BTW, he's still better than Mourinho. If it were to be under Mourinho, United might have sweat hard to grab an equaliser against Bournemouth today.

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Close To Real Madrid Move – Report / How Barcelona Line Up Will Be Against Girona? / Amazon Buys Premier League Broadcast Rights For 2019/20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.