Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach (26746 Views)

NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach

Super Eagles interim head coach Austine Eguavoen has not ruled out of the possibility of managing the team on a permanent basis, Completesports.com reports.

Eguavoen was placed temporarily in charge of the Super Eagles following the sacking of Gernot Rohr on the eve of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Portuguese tactician Jose Peseiro is expected to take charge of the three-time African champions after the AFCON finals in Cameroon.

Eguavoen has however put himself in a good position to get the job on a permanent basis following the Super Eagles impressive start at the 2021 AFCON finals in Cameroon

The former defender was asked at Tuesday’s press conference if he would be interested in becoming the permanent manager of the Super Eagles.

“If they gave me the job, why not?”Eguavoen replied.

“These questions have come many, many times, but I’m very happy with the position I occupy with the Nigeria Football Federation.

“Yes, if they asked me for it, yes maybe, just maybe and when we get to that river, we will cross it.”

The Super Eagles will take on Guinea-Bissau in tbeir final group game on Wednesday.

https://www.completesports.com/eguavoen-ready-to-become-permanent-super-eagles-coach/

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Amotolongbo(f): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
Portuguese tactician Jose Peseiro is expected to take charge of the three-time African champions after the AFCON finals in Cameroon.
I don’t know why I loathe seeing this coach with no tangible coaching achievement.

Cerezo is far better than him and should be allowed to continue with the team after AFCON

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Amotolongbo:
I don’t know why I loathe seeing this coach with no tangible coaching achievement.

Cerezo is far better than him and should be allowed to continue with the team after AFCON

My dear,

That's my take, cancelled the contract no need we have enough hands at home

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Raymond0008(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
robosky02:

My dear,

That's my take, cancelled the contract no need we have enough hands at home
Heard the new coach is giving eguavoen some tactical advice, how true is it?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Authoreety: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
Congrats bro
Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by naijaguy123456(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
Too much interference between governing body and Nigeria coach . We need a no nonsense coach and independent one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by MaverickA3: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Dailymice: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Baawaa(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
If he win the nation cup,NFF might consider him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Raymond0008:
Where did you hear that? beer parlour?

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by laughitall(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
We don’t need a foreign coach ..

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by IPIGSRMUMU: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Good.

Stop wasting money on some 4th class rated Oyinbo coaches. Just give the job to a Nigerian and let him try his best.
Even if he fails, find another Nigerian until you find the right one.
Wasting good money on rubbish Oyinbos.

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Omicron007: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
shocked

We must not always believe that the Whites are the best.
Kechi took us to glory in 2013 and Eguaveon can also do it if given the proper motivation and backing like they give to foreign coaches.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by tosomaju(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by KingGBsky(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Raymond0008:

That’s totally false. That’s how we heard that ManU Ragnick was giving Carrick advice when he was winning only for him to be a disaster now he’s heading the team. sad

73 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Lamasta(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Eguavoen should calm down and win us the nations cup trophy first and every other thing will follow in due time

13 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by OlawaleBammie: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Make the grandpa win afcon fes naa, aahh

5 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
He’s a good coach….. But that “Permanent” aspect won’t work and don’t seem fair enough ….

How does a Younger Coach get a chance to prove themselves undecided

Abi na so so old old coach dem use swear for us grin

Old President
Old governors
Old coach

So so old old madness grin

6 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by phemmyfour: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
What will happen to the contract of Iyana Ipaja José hired by pinnick?

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by babadee1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Foreign coach means foreign exchange. NFF will not want to lose out on their cut so Eguavoen is not likely to get the permanent job.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Sonnobax15(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
cool
Good..

I support this idea

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/eguavoen-ready-to-become-permanent-super-eagles-coach/

God will help us in this Country

Hello everyone. Do you use the Internet?
Do you browse the internet, from your PC, tablet, or mobile phone?
If so, then you're going to get paid for your activity by going online and being a member of this 5 BillionSales company. project.
Level 0 = $ 400/ Yearly for a lifetime
Level 1 = $ 100/ Yearly for a lifetime from all your partners. Maybe 500+
Level 2-16 = $ 5/ Yearly for a lifetime from your Partners, Maybe 1000+

Check my signature to sign up

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by shevchenko(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
Even Keshi tried at the last world cup .If not for that misfiring Ighalo angry
I hope he never gets back in

5 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Landmack: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ceremonial coach. While the real coach has been sworn in officially. NFF is one of Nigeria’s most corrupt Agencies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by eedimo(m): 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
Lol
Re: Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Doyou2019: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
babadee1:
Foreign coach means foreign exchange. NFF will not want to lose out on their cut so Eguavoen is not likely to get the permanent job.

The Picnic guy ehn. Me just hate him guts. Greedy assholes in the glasshouse.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Agrees £6.8m For Henry Onyekuru / Thompson Usiyan Is Dead / Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.