Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Political Quote Of The Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Quote Of The Year (623 Views)

Lmao! Funny Political Quote... / Best Political Quote 2015! / What Do You Think Of This Political Quote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political Quote Of The Year by koruji(m): 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2010
In case you are begining to dose off over the false calm of Nigeria's waters let the former Attorney General of the Federation wake you up from your slumber:
[b]“The powers of the President are not exercised territorially. Yar’Adua can exercise his powers anywhere in the world, on the plane, at the meeting of the United Nations or even on his sick bed, as long as he is not incapacitated by the sickness.

“The President can exercise his powers through the vice-president and ministers while on his sick bed and that is what he has been doing. For example, the Chief Justice of Nigeria wrote a letter to the President and copied me that he would be retiring on December 31, that the President of the Court of Appeal has just retired and that their replacements have not been screened by the Senate.

“I sent the letter to the Principal Secretary to the President who transmitted same to the President who approved it and sent it back to me.”

Aondoakaa cautioned opposition leaders against making utterances capable of destabilising the nation, noting that “the powers of the President are embodied in his body. We don’t want to take issue with the opposition. We shall meet in 2011 and they will not succeed.”[/b]

Nigeria is potentially great, but we cannot keep putting ground-walking chickens in charge of our affairs. We need far-sighted hawks that soar in the sky! Remember this saga as you go to the booth in 2011 and say never again.
Re: Political Quote Of The Year by bjmighty(m): 3:23am On Aug 08, 2010
"The politics of do or die does not dictates who does or dies". . . . . . . . . . Prof. Wole Soyinka on the death of Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) (Urging Politicians to embrace to be peaceful)
Re: Political Quote Of The Year by Eddeux(m): 3:30am On Aug 08, 2010
"What I say goes n if you don't like it [size=20pt]F-U-C-K [/size] [size=25pt]YOU[/size]angry  tongue grin
----99% of Politicians on Earth.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Goodluck: A Justified Spendthrift Or A Thief? / Scrap The Post Of The Governors Let Senators Take Charge / Time Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.