Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 (8914 Views)

NLC Warning Strike: Airport Unions Direct Workers To Stay At Home / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Adeitanajoke(f): 12:42am On Dec 31, 2018

The National Union of Air Transport Employees and the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria have threatened to down tools by January 2, if the demand for promotion of their members in the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority is not met.

The unions, on Sunday, said the NCAA had been taking them for granted over the welfare of their members.

The Chairman, Joint Action Committee, NCAA and Chairman of NUATE, NCAA branch, Lucky Izebhokun, said the system in the agency had discouraged workers who would come out to protest on the said date.

According to him, the management has relegated the staff of NCAA so much so that they will be employing and transferring people from other organisations to head some senior staff in the agency.

He said, “We have had issues with people being transferred from the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency especially, because there is no promotion in NCAA, and you will see them bossing the people in NCAA, we have told the management that we can no longer accept that.

“We wrote and told the management and gave them three weeks; there will be serious issues. We are talking about promotion from level 14 to 15 and 16 that is the senior management cadre.”

Izebhokun stated that if the union failed to curtail the excesses of the agency, it would spread.

The Chairman of ATSSSAN, NCAA branch, Ayodele Sofolayan, stated that the issue of promotion in the agency had already generated a lot of anxiety among its workers.

He added, “We have been on this issue for the past year and we have not seen any good result. We have given the management of the NCAA an ultimatum to either get this promotion done or we declare a state of emergency.

“We have discussed with a lot of people about what we are going to do; we have to force the management to conduct promotion examination without the organogram. The organogram is long overdue, so we cannot continue to wait.”

The General Manager, Public Relations, NCAA, Sam Adurugboye, said the agency and the union would reach a compromise, adding that the NCAA had been known for industrial harmony.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/Aviation-workers-to-shut-down-airport-begin-strike-january-2.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by LordIsaac(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2018
Hmmm....Buhari has seen things....

6 Likes

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by GavelSlam: 12:48am On Dec 31, 2018
Because of delayed promotion?

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Adeitanajoke(f): 12:58am On Dec 31, 2018
God should help us.

ASUU Strike
Labour Strike
Aviation Strike

16 Likes

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by baliyubla: 1:00am On Dec 31, 2018
Buhari has finished this country. All unions on strike or about to proceed on one.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:59am On Dec 31, 2018
It will end in good tidings

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:00am On Dec 31, 2018
baliyubla:
Buhari has finished this country. All unions on strike or about to proceed on one.
These are the kind of people that wake up everyday sniffing everywhere for bad news about the country.
Shame!

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,so that you will comment and share it among your friends.......but when you see the good news ,you pretend to be blind.
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#May OUR President Succeed
#When Nigeria become great , you will surely see it.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 5:03am On Dec 31, 2018
post=74312012:

[s]These are the kind of people that wake up everyday sniffing everywhere for bad news about the country.
Shame![/s]
Shut up
Isn't He saying the fact. You stay around every thread to spill trash of this clueless administration when u know they have failed woefully

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by holyfather(m): 5:08am On Dec 31, 2018
Abeg I don't need this strike now, it would shut me down this week. I hate traveling long distance by road.
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by sogodihno: 5:15am On Dec 31, 2018
some people are already smiling, bad news about their country give them orgasm.

4+4 jare

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Realfrankie(m): 5:17am On Dec 31, 2018
This one is strong
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:21am On Dec 31, 2018
sogodihno:
some people are already smiling, bad news about their country give them orgasm.

4+4 jare
You are very right.

This is for them...

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,so that you will comment and share it among your friends.......but when you see the good news ,you pretend to be blind.
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#May OUR President Succeed 
#When Nigeria become great , you will surely see this.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by BabaIbo: 6:39am On Dec 31, 2018
I hate when people try to play blind to the obvious truth.

The two zombies above me are so irritating, especially that hungry bbq man.

Even people(including me) that have been voting Buhari since his first presidential election are now criticising him, talk more of the two zombies above and those that will still comment below

10 Likes

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 31, 2018
Abeg anybody that want to strike should do so them have my support afterall noting is working in this Zoo call Nigeria............that God Nigeria is now my country by birth. If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2018
Another sign that Buhari has failed our nation. If Nigeria does not unite in voting him off, I promise you Buhari will be our president for the next four years which means another tenure of trying to explain why things are not working out. Join hands and kick him out. #SETNIGERIAFREE

1 Like

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Kimikazi2: 7:15am On Dec 31, 2018

7 Likes

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by propsvila: 7:53am On Dec 31, 2018
Nigeria going down everyday
Kanu once said "if they don't give us Biafra, Somalia will be better than Nigeria"
In Reality Nigeria is gradually becoming worst than Somalia
Hunger in the Land
Political Instability
High level of corruption
Big threat to Nigeria's sovereignty in the Northern part
Insecurity in the Country
Nigeria now the poverty capital of the world
Over 20 Million youth unemployed
Many Union on strike
Nigeria's debt profile increasing on daily basics
Nigerians will turn carnibals if Buhari returns in 2019.
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by blaise00700(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2018
Came here for a 2 weeks visit, please let me leave in peace before you start your drama.

I can't stand another week of stupidity, lies, stealing, deceit, bad road, Mosquitoes, heat, reckless driving, extortion ....
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Hamid7(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2018
Everything is on strike in this country. I currently don't see an end to our problems. If you're "Atikulating" or climbing Buhari's "next level" ladder, I weep for you.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2018
Strike everywhere.
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by devmantic(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2018
Ha?! Abeg.. make I comot first before you start your craze. Rubbish!
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by victorazyvictor(m): 10:02am On Dec 31, 2018
failed nation
Re: Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airport, Begin Strike Jan 2 by sogodihno: 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
Kimikazi2:
How much are you being paid that's worth your sanity?
just because I expressed my opinion, which I am entitled to? u no get sense.

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Slavery / Writing Sponsorship Letter / Stuck In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.