Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,178 members, 7,860,233 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

2019: Name Politicians Who Want To Buy Voters’ Cards In Oyo, Alli Tells INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Name Politicians Who Want To Buy Voters’ Cards In Oyo, Alli Tells INEC (219 Views)

Expired PVCs : Tinubu Apologises, Says He Meant Voters Cards Should Be Updated / 2019: Maiduguri Youths Show Their Voters Cards As They Welcome President Buhari / My Certificates, Credentials Are With Military - Hamza Al-Mustapha Tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Name Politicians Who Want To Buy Voters’ Cards In Oyo, Alli Tells INEC by 18Ebiscoo: 7:53am On Dec 31, 2018
Speaking with newsmen during the presentation of his keynote address at a one-day seminar the penultimate week, Agboke said politicians were itching to buy some of the 914,529 PVCs that were yet to be collected. Advising the eligible voters to collect money from desperate politicians who want to buy votes, nevertheless, Alli urged them to cast their votes according to their conscience.

The former Secretary to the Oyo State Government also described the security levies imposed on religious centres in the state as anti-people, and urged the Governor Abiola Ajimobi-led administration to look for Internally generated revenue elsewhere and stop multiple taxes collected from religious leaders who must have paid the compulsory tenement rates on their worship centres. “If you are looking for money, you should go elsewhere.

There are some untapped revenues the government has not tapped; not in churches and mosques. We are after getting good governance in Oyo State and not about propaganda and lies of present administration. “Since we left government in 2007, we have not had government of the people again. Infrastructures have been dilapidated in the state. Agricultural policies are only available on paper and cannot be felt in the real sense especially in the lives of our people.

Crime rate is higher now than ever before. Forget about the security propaganda being bandied about, go to police stations and check the records, you will observe it is higher these days than ever before.” On local government autonomy, he emphatically noted that governors who opposed local government autonomy were wicked. “If our local government is not autonomous, we will continue to have problems. Any governor who is against local government autonomy is wicked.

I will support local government autonomy as a governor,” he said. His words: “The achievements of the ruling government today in Oyo is just cosmetic. Under the Zenith Labour government, pensioners won’t be afraid of retiring because we have model of paying them along with active workers.

“We are going to give a human face to governance. I will take off where Senator Rashidi Ladoja stopped. We had community-driven economy when we were in government and we still have it intact for the good and better lives of our people”, he promised.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/31/2019-name-politicians-want-buy-voters-cards-oyo-alli-tells-inec/

Re: 2019: Name Politicians Who Want To Buy Voters’ Cards In Oyo, Alli Tells INEC by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2018
well, naming them is not the best option now
Re: 2019: Name Politicians Who Want To Buy Voters’ Cards In Oyo, Alli Tells INEC by Bizmagnet: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2018
I think they should be named in order to forestall possible reoccurence.
Check my siggy guys for your website/blog.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Gbenga Olawepo-hashim Promises To Tackle Insecurity With National Guard, Stat / I Am Committed To Fairness, Equity - Akeredolu / Is Igbo Presidency In 2023 Already A Pipe-dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.