Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,242 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

EPL: Sarri Admits Chelsea Are In Trouble - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Sarri Admits Chelsea Are In Trouble (281 Views)

PREMIER LEAGUE! Angry Sarri Reveals Who Caused Chelsea’s 2 – 0 Loss To Everton / Maurizio Sarri Reacts To Chelsea's Shocking Defeat By Man City / EPL: Hazard Is Like Messi To Chelsea – Sarri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Sarri Admits Chelsea Are In Trouble by 3Ebisco: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2018
Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has said that mounting injuries have left his team “in trouble”, after Olivier Giroud suffered suspected ankle ligament damage, during Sunday’s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace.

Giroud left the field on crutches in the 76th minute, after being injured by a James Tomkins tackle, while scoring an offside goal.
Chelsea held onto the lead given to them by N’Golo Kante’s earlier strike to move five points clear of fifth-placed Arsenal.

Sarri was forced to leave Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Cesc Fabregas, Pedro and Callum Hudson-Odoi out of his squad for the game due to injury, and may now be without Giroud for several weeks, with Chelsea’s workload showing no sign of easing in a busy January.

“The problem is his ankle. I don’t know the severity. We have to wait for [Monday]. I think that, later in the evening, I will see the doctor for the first results, but I think the real result will only be known [on Monday].

“In the last few days we were a but unlucky. Yesterday [Saturday], in 10 minutes we had three injuries — Fabregas, [Loftus-Cheek] and [Danny] Drinkwater — then Giroud, and we were already without Pedro and [Hudson-Odoi].

“We are in trouble because, in January, we have to play every three days. Fabregas has a neck problem. The injury was in the last five minutes of training, so I’m not sure whether he has to rest for two or 10 days. I will have a meeting with the doctor this evening,” Sarri said according to ESPN.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/31/epl-sarri-admits-chelsea-trouble/

(1) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Statue Vandalised From The Ankle. / Paul Pogba Is Likely To Leave Manchester United In Order For Valverde To Be Sign / BREAKING: Manchester United Have Announced A Loss Of £70m In Annual Revenue Due

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.