Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression (29415 Views)

I Buy Old Model Cars Of The 50's 40's 60's 70's / Havoc Caused By Low Quality Engine Oils In Nigeria. / Photo Of The Day!!! See What Fuel Scarcity Has Caused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by chukzyfcbb: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
Baba u have been manipulated.

In the open market, attacking ones class/ego is a very good manipulative technique.

Eg some girls will walk into my store and say they want to buy some materials but the price would put them off, the moment I say stuff like
"Ah ahn Big girls like you with I phones, how can you be pricing materials like this. I even thought you people know classy materials when you see one".
Most of them will put a weakback and will be cajoled into buying it. Its done a lot in the market.

The woman manipulated you to do her will and you are here typing epistles!

Some people are asking how people survive on 50-100naira Keke? I am sure these are all Office people yarns, if only they know how much take home at the close of work. it's more than the average salary of an entry level graduate earning 50-60k a month

4 Likes

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Mizwisdom(f): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Bidobado1:

I always refrain from arguing with commercial transport operators every time I come back home. How do they live on 50 or even 100 naira fare... That's less than 20p!!!
And how can I complain especially when the distance travelled is quite a bit, my opinion is that it is ridiculously cheap.
God bless all you hustlers, home and abroad, 2019 will be a better year for us all. Amen.

I want to fry egg and I need tomatoes and pepper, see what I bought for N100.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Kenekingisback: 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
Surely God will.punish APC angry
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Gleefreak125(m): 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
There's been a whole lot of times where I had to leave my balance for these bus conductors. Well at times like this, I don't usually yield to such gimmicks. However, I explain to whoever it is that I'm doing it out of my goodwill not because they conned me into doing what isn't suppose to be.
You did well by the way OP. The country is hard and do the little you can to put a smile on someone's face. God bless you so you can buy your own vehicle and patronise the commercial vehicles no more.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Epiczi(m): 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
If Nigerians should tell themselves the Truth buhari should have been impeached since because he has committed Many impeachable offense
If Nigerians should tell themselves the truth buhari and APC by now shouldn't be talking about re-election
8yrs is not a must for any political office holder if you fail in your first term byebye let's try another person
If Atiku wins or any party presidential candidate wins and still messed up 2023 we show him the way out
Let's join hands and make this political office holders understand that 4yrs is enough to archive great deals
Hypocrisy is when Ambode was denied second term because he didn't perform and those same people who denied him of second term are still the same people singing buhari praise him who failed in every aspect
Until when Nigerians are ready to tell themselves the truth
lazy nigerian youth
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by eventsmallchops: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
martyns303:
On the 23rd of this month, Lagos was in some kind of lockdown as per traffic. it's best to leave ur car at home. Took a bus, and the conductor was asking everyone to hold change, N50. I was having N500 as least denomination so I sat at the front seat to pay for 2 seats, still the conductor was saying he didn't have change. So I offered to pay for everybody. I didn't say it loud to avoid "thank you" from everyone. A lady and her kids got off and the conductor was low key still trying to collect money from her.

In as much as I respect ur kind gesture, it's not right when people try to take what they haven't earned. and it's worst when they try to employ gimmicks to that effect. What's the her reason for addressing u as sir/big man? massage ur ego and get u to pay N100 for a N50 fair.

Still, Do good.

she massaged his ego? you just don't know what people are going through atimes, a woman riding tricycle to earn a living is a hardworking woman in my opinion, we all has onced seek favour one way or the other , I went to buy N100 Mtn recharge card yesterday, the woman selling under one umbrella told me its N110 , but there is a chemist 3 shops away where they sell for N100, but looking at her baby, I decided to buy from her , someone has given me lift before , a distance I would have trekked for over an hour in a hot sun with hunger, it was a great relief.

4 Likes

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by somehow: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
Only if the driver was a man!
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
Opinionated:
By Abdulkabir Olatunji

I boarded a Keke Marwa yesterday in Lagos for a distance I knew was not worth more than N50. It was driven by a lady and at that point, I was her only passenger (she probably just started work in the evening) a few metres into the journey she announced: “Oga, it is N100 O”. I responded, “it is N50”. She went on: “It is end of the year”, I insisted “No O, it is N50”. Her next line was “Oga as you big reach (checking myself to see the ‘bigness’), “you suppose dey use am to thank God for the end of the year”. I kept quiet to conserve my energy, depending on the side of me she was talking to, I could give her N50 or the N100, I had change, so, she did not have leverage of giving me any amount she liked as change.

As she picked one more passenger along the way, my rational self insisted that ‘the fare is worth N50, give her N50’. As I alighted from the tricycle, I gave her N50. The look on her face was beyond despondent, “close to depression and almost in tears”, she said: “Oga, I have told you now”. I handed over N100 to her and collected the N50, immediately I received and upbeat “thank you”.

While I know the fare was worth no more than N50, the additional N50 I paid was not worth the woman’s depression over it.

In our simple interactions in life, there are always reasons to be introspective and ways to learn. While I am not convinced that she would go hungry without the additional N50, her heart was heavily set on it and that I understood and respected for whatever it was worth to her.

Source: The 50 Naira that Almost Caused Depression

This is why women don't make good commercial riders.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by TundRash(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
embarassed

Someone should please save my soul.
7 years after leaving secondary school, i have not been able to gain admission into University.
I managed to gain admission into a Polytehcnic in 2014 where i studied Mass Communication, finished with good result in 2016 but i don't have the money for clearance and collection of my result.
I have been stagnant.
The only obstacle in my way is lack of money. My parents are not financially okay. They have tried.

Please i don't want to stay idle at home again in 2019.

With a total of #45,000, i will be able to do;

¤Clearance to get my result,
¤JAMB regularization,
¤JAMB/DE- (I don't mind to start all over again, i just want to move forward).

Someone should please help me with any amount of money.

May God bless you as you do so.

Please quote me if you want to help me with any amount of money or to confirm my claim.

God bless you.

I really wish to continue my education.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Jainine(f): 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
Couldn't help laugh at "having the change doesn't give her any leverage over op", it's very true ... The whole write up is truly relatable. It's not about the money most of the time but the approach grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by sinkhole: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
ainas247:
I no just understand anything here.. lipsrsealed

Dominate Google page one with your business see results in my profile
I read it till the end just to see where the real thing will pop up, but alas, NOTHING
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by BrokenCock: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
cheesy grin
ainas247:

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by omodapson(m): 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
XTHRONE:
Damn, so much poverty in the land. Kudos bro, you did a great job, hope she appreciate it and NOT use it as a norm to pressure on oncoming passengers, because Nigerians sabi abuse good thing.

It has nothing to do with poverty but a preconceived mindset. There is this unwritten custom that during festivities, you have to part with more than the usual. When you probe further, the response is usually bereft of logic.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by XTHRONE(m): 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
omodapson:

It has nothing to do with poverty but a preconceived mindset. There is this unwritten custom that during festivities, you have to part with more than the usual. When you probe further, the response is usually bereft of logic.
Let's say poverty and greed.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by shikshark: 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
ainas247:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by naijainstinct: 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
pythonkid:
People don't understand this especially Nigerians they all want to be seen as smart . The same set of people capable of insisting on giving the woman the 50N is the same people that buy x3 worth of price of a goods in d supermarket . Nigerians are monkeys
your family members are baboons
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Egbetayo(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
ainas247:

Please what is your whatsapp contact? In respect of the google advert.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by ainas247: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
Egbetayo:

Please what is your whatsapp contact? In respect of the google advert.

Please kindly see it on my post, check my profile... Much luv
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Darey00(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Elliot2:
OK. oya go to romance section na. finally na kids section go fit some pipo.
lol..smh
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by ObservantFellow: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
I had this boy who had problems adjusting to J.S.S.1 class. His mother approached me for him to start lessons with me to brush him up with Maths and English to see if he can slot seamlessly into school life. I charged her 4k per month. Besides Maths and English, I added behavioural/social instructions to boost his self esteem and ease his adaptation process. You wouldn't believe I continued the lessons for the boy throughout his J.S.S.1 class without receiving a dime from her. She kept telling me stories over money issue until I got tired of asking. But I never sent the boy away for a day. Instead, the time I didn't see him for a while, I went to their residence and his mom said she asked him to stop since she couldn't afford it. I told her not to do so. And the boy resumed. I was secretly deriving joy from watching him improve and blend in with school demands. He was fit as a fiddle and coping with school stuffs when we concluded the exercise this August. The woman prayed well for me but I believed seeing the boy do well with school work was enough reward.
Fastforward to this December, I 'priced' some toys for my boys and promised to come for them later. I never knew the toys were sold by the woman but handed them over to someone else to sell for her. Word got to her that I wanted to buy some and before I would finish unwinding that day at home, the toys arrived along with watches, sunglasseses and other kids paraphernalia. Wow. I was speechless. It became my turn to thank her profusely and pray for her too. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by mechanics(m): 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2018
It's better you give her, so it won't cause problem but next time incase you don't have much, you drop and wait for the next keke.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Benitexbenson: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
dis post no makesense at all.
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by BlackPantherCri: 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
davecris:
read it again, slowly, and if u still don't understand then u should ask for refund from whichever school(s) u ever attended.

Ode.

Senselessly senseless post.

What is now the moral of the story. That you gave a woman 100 naira (25 cents). Is it not Davido that gave someone 1m. So we should sift akara and use it to fry bread.

Attention seekers everywhere
Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Opinionated: 8:50am On Jan 01, 2019
ObservantFellow:
I had this boy who had problems adjusting to J.S.S.1 class. His mother approached me for him to start lessons with me to brush him up with Maths and English to see if he can slot seamlessly into school life. I charged her 4k per month. Besides Maths and English, I added behavioural/social instructions to boost his self esteem and ease his adaptation process. You wouldn't believe I continued the lessons for the boy throughout his J.S.S.1 class without receiving a dime from her. She kept telling me stories over money issue until I got tired of asking. But I never sent the boy away for a day. Instead, the time I didn't see him for a while, I went to their residence and his mom said she asked him to stop since she couldn't afford it. I told her not to do so. And the boy resumed. I was secretly deriving joy from watching him improve and blend in with school demands. He was fit as a fiddle and coping with school stuffs when we concluded the exercise this August. The woman prayed well for me but I believed seeing the boy do well with school work was enough reward.
Fastforward to this December, I 'priced' some toys for my boys and promised to come for them later. I never knew the toys were sold by the woman but handed them over to someone else to sell for her. Word got to her that I wanted to buy some and before I would finish unwinding that day at home, the toys arrived along with watches, sunglasseses and other kids paraphernalia. Wow. I was speechless. It became my turn to thank her profusely and pray for her too. Lol

One good turn...

1 Like

Re: The 50 Naira That Almost Caused Depression by Ayobami7(m): 1:04am On Jan 02, 2019
德英国加

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. / ✔✔ FREE FREE FREE Easter Holiday Comprehensive Vehicle History Report/ Record / CLEAN 2016 RAV4 XLE 13M LAST!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.