Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee (9301 Views)

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / My Neighbour And His Fiancee / Fashola's Uncle Beats Up Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Jesnissi: 12:55am On Aug 08, 2010
A guy who is a christian and claims to be born again (has even given himself an A pass mark on being a good christian) and wants to make heaven, slapped and beats up his fiancee mercilessly in a senior family friend's house two months ago and the next day when the lady went to meet him at work to show him how swollen her face was and how red her eye was, (even though wen she got there, she met only one guy inside the office with him, so no other person knew what was going), the guy immediately ran after her when she had left the office, walking to her car and gave her the beating of her life, in the full glare of a lot of people outside the supermarket where he works, to the extent that she was rolling on the floor with injuries.
Now he is begging her and asking for forgiveness, claiming that it was not ordinary, that there were spiritual manipulations at work from the girl's family that does not want her to get married. He said he still wants to go ahead with the marriage plan. Mind u this is the second time he will be beating her.

Should she forgive and marry him? Is it really a spiritual problem or character problem on the guy's side? Do you think these two are actually meant for each other and should go ahead and marry?
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 08, 2010
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2010
Bookmarked
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Sissy3(f): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2010
bloody nonsense. beat her twice and trying to blame the evil huh? leave him and thank God

that man that beat her twice WILL beat her AGAIN once theyre married and the good news? he will continue blaming the 'devil' for it.

if the 'devil' made him beat her twice in 2days, let her calculate, multiply,divide and add how more beatings she going to receive in the long years/days of the marriage because 'devil' is ALWAYS going to be there.

3 Likes

Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by indie22(f): 11:42am On Aug 08, 2010
Typical!!

People claiming to be 'born again' and blaming every wrong they commit on some unseen spiritual force, bollocks!!

Next thing you know, after the battery, their pastor will call them for special prayers and advise or brainwash her into going back to the monster, all in the name of love and forgiveness,

The writing on the wall is very clear, she should leave him and look fo another husband
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Outstrip(f): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2010
He will kill her if she stays. He is an animal. Not only does he not take responsibility but he even blames her family not even his own or maybe an unknown enemy. This man is an agent of the devil. Marry him at your own risk. I know she won't listen. That's usually the way it goes.

1 Like

Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by mutter(f): 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2010
No she should marry him.
That way one wife beater off the streets.
I mean if she marries him she is consenting to the beating, abi grin

1 Like

Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Jesnissi: 2:54am On Aug 09, 2010
Thanks guys. I guess I would have to print out these comments for her to see for herself.
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 13, 2010
Jesnissi:

Thanks guys. I guess I would have to print out these comments for her to see for herself.

print the replies?! you mean slap her back to reality!!!

the sad part in this story is that if she didnt take to her heels the first time she was battered, she wont the second time or even the tenth time for that matter.

as for he guy, he should get knocked the fukc down with whatever holy book he is reading. . . . born again ko, dead again ni!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 13, 2010
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Sissy3(f): 6:57am On Aug 13, 2010
there is definitely 98% chance this woman will not leave this man.

the man will beg, cry, fast-her heart will "soften"

the man will bring her/his pastors and church members and friends to beg - she will consider a second chance

the girlfriends and possibly family members will beg- she will likely give-in

1 Like

Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by softgirl1: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2010
A broken relationship is beta than a broken mariage a guy who eva raises his hand on a finacee will moder her when she become a wife she should tink and be wise shocked
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2010
chaircover:

Ehhhhhh you cant blame the girl o! I mean does anyone in their right senses need to be advised on what to do in a situation like this?

I think I have said it on this forum before, I used to go to school with a girl who only went out with crazy army boys who used to beat her up like aso oke. Her reason; she enjoyed the make up s.ex after a good beating.

Normal looking pretty girl o! She is probably toothless or 6 foot under by now. Shame.

Meanwhile my mother used to beg me to please never even give an army boy directions talk less of going out with one cos they are known for beating up their wives after drinking themselves to stupor at the mess.  Army guys no offense meant o! just saying what my mum said   smiley

some women dont know better and since these beatings happen so often in 9ja, some gals may believe that its the norm to get beaten, keep quiet and smile after the ordeal.
how do you expect a blind person to see unless she opens her eyes?! this gal may be blinded by stuff like love, peer pressure etc

as for the sado maso lost gals who enjoy the makeup s e x after the beatings, the reward aint worth the broken bones etc lol

as Sissy said, this gal aint going anywhere!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by SeanT21(f): 1:39am On Aug 14, 2010
Marry him?? Joking right??

She needs to run far away from that woman beater unless she's going to be his punching bag.
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Shaz(f): 1:46am On Aug 14, 2010
SeanT21:

Marry him?? Joking right??

She needs to run far away from that woman beater unless she's going to be his punching bag.

They're not even married yet and all these have happened. i don't wanna know the kind of beating his wife will receive SMH
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Jesnissi: 2:16am On Aug 24, 2010
You guys have really helped. Your comments are great and I think she is seeing reasons now(I hope though, cos u never knows what's going on in anybody's mind). I referred her to this site so she could see for herself and she's been reading your comments. Funny enough, she's not been taking the guy's calls since May that this incident occurred. I think, I agree with that step of action, just hope she keeps up with the silence sha.
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by zenatta: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2010
once a woman beater, perpetually so. Even the one who yielded only to an altar call. Why, some pastors beat their wives.

Any man who beats wont stop except he undergoes a change better still spiritually. I loved a man once who dared. History now, love flew cos my mom had schooled me. I wont let you abuse me anyhow even if it is within the submission order. Wetin,! I know my rights. Love me first, serve me first before I submit
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by fredoooooo: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
been a born again , pastor , imam doesnt change who you are , you define urselves with yuor actions , thats a warnin to d girl
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by diehard1: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
If she goes ahead and marry him, the spiritual manipulation excuse will never stop. The guy will continue beating her till she dies. What bull shit is that. Let her run as fast as she could to avoid a life of sorrow that will never end. Am sure she will be thinking that the man will change with time. This will never happen. Run sister run for your dear life!!!!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by unclebros: 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2010
Forget about born again. The guy has a problem, no man in his senses should beat any woman.
Remember we all are WIP, Work in progress
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by donobi(m): 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
what is the lady waiting for? let her flee not run.
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by abbeyboy(m): 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2010
unclebros:

Forget about born again. The guy has a problem, no man in his senses should beat any woman.
Remember we all are WIP, Work in progress
  GBAM!!!!

Outstrip:

He will kill her if she stays. He is an animal. Not only does he not take responsibility but he even blames her family not even his own or maybe an unknown enemy. This man is an agent of the devil. Marry him at your own risk. I know she won't listen. That's usually the way it goes.

Please, tell your friend to wake up now or she will wake up on the other side one day if she decides to continue the relationship. A thousand words are enough for the wise, o!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by tissot84: 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
run run run.
if u can not run pls fly.
ur life is in danger.

Look for another guy.

is it a must u get married.

At least paul no marry

RUN RUN RUN LIFE IN DANGER

LOL

the man go use beating send u go hell quickly if u dnt run huh

BORN AGAIN no be by mouth if na by mouth na everybody be BORN AGAIN

the dude is BORN AGAINST
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Pame(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
A lot of things happen in life that one does not understand. We live in a society bewildered with spirits that cannot be seen with the physical eyes. You hardly know the antecedents of this guy in terms of character- as it is not detailed in the excerpt. Let's put Christianity aside here, anything could happen at any-time to anyone.

Can one know a little about the guy's past relationship? His family background, his inter-relationship/ temperament with peers,,

I will advice here that they should both go spiritual, seek true Pastor's help with fervent prayer and fasting.
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by rotimy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2010
@POSTERS,
Until we hear from the guy, our comments might be out of order! What if the lady is the nagging type that made him to snap? WHAT IF SHE HAD BOASTED THAT IT IS  HER FAMILY THAT WILL SPONSOR THE WEDDING? What if she is unfaithful to him and stubbornly refuse to stop dating another guy? For her to take a lone trip to the guy office is pointer that she might either be naive or a trouble maker! For the guy to beat her again is a pointer that her mouth might be sharper than a razor! They can still marry knowing fully well that they are human beings not angels!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by uyakachi(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
to wrong is one thing  . to realise  is another and is never easy for one to realise his wrong and ask for forgiveness  .and mind u as a christian u need to forgive up-to 70x7
is only the girl  that can decide where she want to belong and
please let no man put asunder in what GOD want to put together.
the guy should pray over such character may be things will change for good
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by MRD1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
This is just the beginning for her! blaming the evil spirit simply means not admitting responsibiltiy for his actions and in other words, telling her, he will likely beat her again if the evil spirit comes back,
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Pukkah: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
It is common for people to hastily conclude that a man/woman is good or bad because he has professed a religion.  People hardly change and their essence remains the same regardless of where they are in the religious divide. This may be why there are cool-headed or hot-headed Christians/Muslims, generous or stingy Muslims/Christians, etc.

Look for a good person with sound character and deal with him.  Religion tries to offer a framework for attaining spirituality but it is not all religious people that end up becoming spiritual.
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by Obimek: 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2010
This guy needs to be jailed!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by damola1: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2010
Where is the guy?

I will like to beat him up!
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by phadex22: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
eh nawao so a so called born again xtian can do this. well to that woman my adviser to her is to pray very well before she get into that marriage, because any wrong step in her marriage can cause ever lasting sadness
Re: A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee by bababuff(m): 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
Born again beats up his fiancee. So what?? angry angry angry

Is he not born of a woman? What about pastors beating up their wives?

If he begs her and she feels he has repented, let her go ahead and marry him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newly Married Within A Year or Less- Let's Relate / Would You Marry A Girl You Don't Love Out Of Pity After Dating Her For 10 Years? / Can Someone Please Explain/Justify: "Wedding In Absentia"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.