Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson (9004 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV / Kogi Speaker Momoh Jimoh-Lawal Impeached / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by rasputinn(m): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2011
Who dey follow you drag na

We know Jimoh Ibrahim is wayyyyy bigger than Richard Branson,that's if na their mouth we dey sheck
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Musashi: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hello,

I am sending this to let you know of the recent developments in Air Nigeria.The Company started as Virgin Nigeria Airways in the year 2005. The company started well, but over the years,it got into a number of problems, primarily from finances, which threatened its existence. The primary shareholder pulled back and the Company was forced to look for another majority shareholder. This came in the form of the Nicon group of companies, with the Chairman, Jimoh Ibrahim. The problems it faced were self inflicted,with a lot of financial mismanagement by the agents sent from the primary shareholder to manage the company.

With the entrance of Nicon, the Chairman, Jimoh Ibrahim spoke to the staff and promised that he would inject funds into the company, to ensure it's survival, and also take care of the debts incurred by the previous management. This he did and the company was revived and more equipment, used in the core business of the Airline (Aeroplanes) were made available. The company turned around due to the cash injection, which was the only thing it really needed to get back into business.

The company was built on a solid foundation and had knowledgeable professionals running things.All it had missing was the finances, and also the load of the debt it was carrying.It could run on its own. Jimoh Ibrahim paid up the debt, and things started looking positive, as more Aircraft became available. As of now, the Airline is doing very well in terms of revenue. It has good passenger loads on it's flights.

As of late last year, some new developments started to creep in. Unpaid bills started to accumulate in various areas(operational and otherwise), despite the fact that the company was having a very good revenue. It has been on the increase. The present situation is such that availability of Aviation fuel,which is needed for the Aircraft to operate and be able to generate revenue has been a problem. the company is owing money in many areas including the supply of aviation fuel. This is starting to affect the company's operation. Is this not like shooting oneself in the foot, when there is money available, and we are avoiding the payment of bills for the supply of what we need to operate and generate revenue,creating more problems

In the Aviation industry,fuel is a major part of the expenses and it is given priority. Because of the large amount of fuel used by an Aircraft, the Airlines usually have a contract with the supply company where they agree on an amount per litre of fuel.An Aircraft can use maybe 3,000 Litres per flight hour, and you can imagine if it flies 8 hours a day, how much fuel it will consume. They the pay the fuel bills at agreed intervals.the other option is not to have a contract with a supplier and then pay as you are supplied with fuel.This results in a very much more expensive price of fuel per litre. What is happening now is that, because of the amount being owed unnecessarily, the Oil Companies have terminated their contracts with the company, and have resorted to fuelling the Aircraft on a cash and carry basis. This is affecting the operation and is the main reason for the delays which they experience, and what happens, the passengers are inconvenienced. These things happening are beyond the staff as it is due to decisions from the top. Where all the money is going, nobody can say. Although, the company now belongs to the man, its core operation should not be destabilised as it will affect the revenues eventually.

The state of things now is that there have been cases of their Aircraft being detained at some Airports outside Nigeria due to unpaid bills, and also cases of their Flight crew being refused acommodation at Hotels, or in another case where they were prevented from leaving due to unpaid bills, until the bills were settled. Can you imagine the unnecessary disgrace. An Airline carrying the name Nigeria, a Flag carrier for that matter.While you have other small Airlines operating, unhindered by such problems These are just some of the areas in question.

I must emphasise that this is not meant to bring down Air Nigeria or anybody, but it is in the hope that when the truth is made known to the public,it may put pressure on the Chairman, Mr Ibrahim to do the right thing and to get him to listen to the professionals when things in their areas are concerned . This is a "U turn" from what he told the staff, and what he had made the public to believe when he came on board.He said that he would not interfere in the operational aspects of the company and give the professionals a free hand.It is not in anybody's interest that the Airline should turn into a typical "one man business".

This company has a wealth of dedicated staff, who mean well. Right now, I don't think you do have any Airline with the kind of staff Air Nigeria has. You will remember, not long ago, when there was no Nigerian Airline operating flights out of the country. We all do not want to return to those times.We all want Nigeria to take it's proper place in the world.

This is why I call on you,as to let the public know what is really happening in Air Nigeria so the tide will change, rather than all those publications being sold to the public about events he participates in, for Image laundering purposes. I am doing this as a concerned person in the Nigerian Aviation industry.

The present situation has been worsened by the interference of Mr Jimoh Ibrahim in various areas of the Airline. It is so bad that sometimes, water is not made available for the passengers.These are passengers that pay N20,000 or more for a ticket.I mean, how much is it to get a carton of bottled water for the passengers. Instead of having a fueling agreement with the Fuel companies(For Aviation fuel), which will be reconciled every now and then.He prefers to be paying for the Aviation fuel on a day to day basis with cash.This is a more expensive venture.talking about being penny wise and pound foolish. This is resulting in many delays in the flights due to fuel.

It is as if he is on a mission to ruin the Company.The image that he cuts all over as Mr "Turnaround" is a farce.He is the exact opposite of what he portrays in the media.I will say that this Man does not know how to run a Business, as a matter of fact. Running a business involves sustaining the activities which keep your business running, for example the purchase of Aviation fuel which is a very major Item in the running of an Airline. Aeroplanes don't fly without fuel. This Man does not really belong in the Aviation business because he does not seem to have a clue as to how it is to be run. On the other hand,maybe he is not really interested in the business and just ventured into it for some Economic reason.The Company owes virtually every organisation it is dealing with for no reason,despite the good revenue from a healthy passenger load.

The story is that he got some of the bailout fund which was given to Airlines in distress. This is funny as he came in and said he paid the debt Virgin Nigeria, the predecessor owed. Or was it his strategy to impoverish the company, so that he would be eligible for the bailout fund, which he did collect, from information?It is very sad because this is a company with a very great potential.The passenger load factor has been very much good enough to sustain the Company,but all Mr Ibrahim does is to at a specific date of the Month,transfer money from the Company's account into elsewhere not bothering about the overhead costs etc and what is needed to sustain the Airline. All that was needed, was for the company to be bailed out of its debt owed by Air Nigeria its predecessor,as the structures were allready in place, but he is instead, destroying it with his lack of knowledge and interference.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by phreakabit(m): 7:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
[size=18pt]I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN WHAT HE SAID![/size]
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by FSU: 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
And his airline just folded up, leaving Nigerians who paid for return tickets stranded in the UK. Is he still not bigger than Branson? Yorobbers and their loud mouth. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by asha80(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
remembering this thread and seeing what is going on with nigerian airways just cracks me up grin
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by FSU: 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
asha 80: remembering this thread and seeing what is going on with nigerian airways just cracks me up grin

Hahahaah! But seriously can the stranded passengers not sue for not only a refund but for inconvenience? Oh! If this happened in the USA, Jimoh would be signing checks by now.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by asha80(m): 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
are you sure jimoh is a real businessman though?i mean
he bought NICON and the enterprise died; he bought Air Nigeria and it died; he also bought Dele Giwa's Newswatch news magazine and it is also dying.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by FSU: 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
asha 80: are you sure jimoh is a real businessman though?i mean
he bought NICON and the enterprise died; he bought Air Nigeria and it died; he also bought Dele Giwa's Newswatch news magazine and it is also dying.

Apparently he is not a good business man. He should go talk to small Igbo boys in Alaba on how to grow a business.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by asha80(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
FSU:

Apparently he is not a good business man. He should go talk to small Igbo boys in Alaba on how to grow a business.

hehe na trouble you dey look for.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by FSU: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
asha 80:

hehe na trouble you dey look for.

But na true na. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Gov. Amaechi An Ijaw, Yoruba Or An Igbo Man / Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / Banditry: 23,000 Nigerians Sought Refuge In Niger Republic In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.