Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How To Reach Nigerians Abroad - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Reach Nigerians Abroad (1008 Views)

How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) / Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! / Diamond Bank Plc Introduces A New Online Banking System For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reach Nigerians Abroad by tEsLim(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
Hi,

I plan launching an online store to cater for needs of Nigerians abroad. Nigerians with access to international credit cards, paypal accounts etc.

I've been doing researches on my own. But i'm interested in extra ideas on how to reach Nigerians abroad. As they're my target market.

If u know Nigerian summits, websites, database, international festivals, places etc where they gather, please share.

Note: partners residing in Uk or Usa are currently needed on the logistical support and financing.

My email. Majormediainc@gmail.com
Re: How To Reach Nigerians Abroad by layi(m): 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2007
Note that there are so many african shops in the diaspora that 'they' can easily walk into. You have to be a master strategist in this. Make sure ur service is in demand first else all efforts would be wasted.

Of course you can sponsor programs on afrisat-usa, ben tv-uk etc but If u plan on being physically ubiquitous in the diaspora, then i bet u'll go bankrupt quick.
You'll do fine wit a strong internet presence. Afterall your target are always online as well.
Your best bet is to acheive and maintain a PR1 (Page Rank 1) on Google.
This can be achieved via any of these 3 methods
1. Start (buy) adwords campaign (carefully select hot keywords and bid higher, if u have the budget)
2. Get your links spread all over google-indexed websites with rich nigerian content and traffic
3. Employ 'working' SEO techniques on your website- This helps google's search crawler read your site better.

It'll be better if your avdertising campaign is concerted into a single google campaign as opposed to buying up space on all the "nigerians-in-the-diaspora" websites. There are hundreds of them if not thousands , yet alltogether can't match the net-coverage offered by google (or yahoo). Just remember that 3 of 5 nigerians in the diaspora visit google to search for stuffs.
For your info and records, a bulk of nairaland members got here directly (or indirectly) through google.

However, since your line of business is non-digital and deals more with logistics, you can't neglect having partners abroad. I'm sure you'll get able hands here.
Re: How To Reach Nigerians Abroad by promise72(m): 2:05am On Apr 19, 2007
@ post,

What u should consider first is logistics. There are many african store here abroad. Some people only do it full time. You wanna be sure that what you will be selling will be worth waiting for to get from Nigeria and wont be too costly sending it from Nigeria. That will determine you profit at the ened of the day.
Re: How To Reach Nigerians Abroad by tEsLim(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2007
For business reasons I might not be able to disclose what the store will be selling for now.

But they're worth waiting for. And they have a flat shipping rate. It cost almost the same fee to ship all the items we'll be cataloging.

And Uk or Usa partner is very needed. It cant be ruled out. Looking what type of PR campaign.

I'm willing to take more suggestion.
Re: How To Reach Nigerians Abroad by Tohsynetita1: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
tEsLim:
Hi,

I plan launching an online store to cater for needs of Nigerians abroad. Nigerians with access to international credit cards, paypal accounts etc.

I've been doing researches on my own. But i'm interested in extra ideas on how to reach Nigerians abroad. As they're my target market.

If u know Nigerian summits, websites, database, international festivals, places etc where they gather, please share.

Note: partners residing in Uk or Usa are currently needed on the logistical support and financing.

My email. Majormediainc@gmail.com

can I reach you?

(1) (Reply)

Xmas/new Year Offer - 2 weeks ICT training + New HP laptop for 90K / Banks Change Strategy, Sack Workers By E-mail - Bank Workers Jittery / Urgent Job Vaccancy (Software Engineer – Client Solutions) in Mobile Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.