Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2194514 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
19CannyMum:

My sincere apologies for the long post. It just happened, I never intended rambling so much. Best regards and best wishes to everyone.
The long post was so enjoyable! Welcome home Sis kiss

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alt3r3g0: 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
Folafikemi:

What's PSW pls and as a Logistics supervisor in Nigeria with good knowledge of IT support, what part can I switch to on the survival job pls bro.

Just to add to what @Salford1 has said, unlike in Naija where a versatile cv makes you stand out, if the IT support was not related to logistics, here you will be seen as a risk as you can swap industries in an instant.

You may need to create different cvs. One solely logistics, the other soley for IT support.

I will also advise people searching to get the resume of someone already in their target profession. It will not only help you tailor yours, you can see some skills that you have and you overlooked, and skills you may need to learn.

In my case, I started in IT, then oil and gas and project management. After arriving, i decided IT was the best path to take for me. So i got someone's cv, brushed up on my IT skills (had not written any code in 8 years) did a certification, created a new linkedin profile, restricted it solely to IT and limited it to three years. I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin the same week and eventually got the job (after 5 stages).

57 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mepconsultant: 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
CanadasGOAT:

Yes sure

Tanx bro, sent you a msg. U too much.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Randomsue: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
19CannyMum:

My sincere apologies for the long post. It just happened, I never intended rambling so much. Best regards and best wishes to everyone.

Congrats on your landing, interesting read

May the land favour you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godatwork23: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
Those of us on student visa, do we need to also prepare the goods to follow and goods accompanying lists?
If yes please can someone help with his or her format
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by captainhoo: 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
MummyJaygirls:

Pls send me a mail

Please check your mail
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mimi1999: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Please what exam are you writing?
Epele God will see you through

The Pharmacist Evaluating exam.
I am still in Nigeria so no reading partner. Preparing for the exams just shows me how bad Nigeria is and how much still had to be done in our health and educational system.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AdetonaDami(m): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mimi1999:

I am still in Nigeria so no reading partner. Preparing for the exams just shows me how bad Nigeria is and how much still had to be done in our health and educational system.

I can relate very well
The Lord will see you through

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Santino1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have about 4000 CAD that I'd like to sell. I'll deposit the dollar in your CAD account and you credit my Nigerian account with the Naira equivalent. Let me know if you are (or you know anyone that might be) interested.

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lonelydude: 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello All,

Please, if there's anyone coming to London, ON or knows anyone who's coming; kindly reach out to me as I have an affordable accommodation for you. The first month comes with a discount of $100 specially from me.

My lease runs till december but family is joining me next month which requires me to move to a bigger place.

The rent is $450/month and also includes very fast and stable INTERNET, monthly CLEANING, water, hydro, electricity, and laundry. Bedroom also come furnished with a bed, desk and chair.

The unit has a great location that is close to transit, with parking available and also close to: grocery, banks, Starbucks, LCBO, McDonalds, pizza, restaurants, tanning, and parks.

Nigerian Restaurant and a Nigerian Supermarket about 10 mins walk.

Easy access to bus routes: 2, 9, 20, 33, to Western University and Bus 17 to Fanshawe College.

Also not far from London Downtown.

This unit has 6 appliances: 2 fridges, stove, microwave, washer and dryer.

There are 1.5 bathrooms.

Church and a Central Mosque very close as well.

Kindly reach out to me if interested.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
alt3r3g0:

Just to add to what @Salford1 has said, unlike in Naija where a versatile cv makes you stand out, if the IT support was not related to logistics, here you will be seen as a risk as you can swap industries in an instant.

You may need to create different cvs. One solely logistics, the other soley for IT support.

I will also advise people searching to get the resume of someone already in their target profession. It will not only help you tailor yours, you can see some skills that you have and you overlooked, and skills you may need to learn.

In my case, I started in IT, then oil and gas and project management. After arriving, i decided IT was the best path to take for me. So i got someone's cv, brushed up on my IT skills (had not written any code in 8 years) did a certification, created a new linkedin profile, restricted it solely to IT and limited it to three years. I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin the same week and eventually got the job (after 5 stages).

@alterego, thanks Bro. I will follow suit. I think having two CVs as u suggested will be a good idea. Thanks a lot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
laminaria:

Pls check your mail...I just Pm you now thank you.

Replied
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by laminaria(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
lonelydude:
Hello All,

Please, if there's anyone coming to London, ON or knows anyone who's coming; kindly reach out to me as I have an affordable accommodation for you. The first month comes with a discount of $100 specially from me.

My lease runs till december but family is joining me next month which requires me to move to a bigger place.

The rent is $450/month and also includes very fast and stable INTERNET, monthly CLEANING, water, hydro, electricity, and laundry. Bedroom also come furnished with a bed, desk and chair.

The unit has a great location that is close to transit, with parking available and also close to: grocery, banks, Starbucks, LCBO, McDonalds, pizza, restaurants, tanning, and parks.

Nigerian Restaurant and a Nigerian Supermarket about 10 mins walk.

Easy access to bus routes: 2, 9, 20, 33, to Western University and Bus 17 to Fanshawe College.

Also not far from London Downtown.

This unit has 6 appliances: 2 fridges, stove, microwave, washer and dryer.

There are 1.5 bathrooms.

Church and a Central Mosque very close as well.

Kindly reach out to me if interested.

Adding pictures to your description will go a long way too bro.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iaatmguy(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2019
19CannyMum:

welcome to Canada.
Please why was your child's caprisonne binned? Didn't you declare it ? I want to believe fruits are allowed in
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmylee097: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2019
..Thanks for your kind words..Please I se t you and mail and hope to land July.. Mind we chat??quote author=amdman post=77273953]

Thank you so much for your frankness. One must have a balanced expectation before making the sojourn into these lands. To me, the best survival jobs are those with late/night shifts, leaving the day free for you to attend to your job search/interviews. Taking too many excuses to be off work can get you fired.

The issue of 'Who know man' is real. That you are referred/recommended by someone can be the tipping point in deciding whether or not to employ. This can sometimes be understandable when you view the issue from the employer's lenses. For example, my employer will spend over $20,000 to train me over the next 3 months, yet they don't have a guarantee that I will be there by the end of this year. A recommendation from their reliable employee therefore helps them to form an opinion and make the hiring decision. However, that is not to say 'who know man' is the only way... afterall I wasn't recommended by anyone.

From the foregoing, abeg... make we dey help fellow Nigerians. If you work in a structured organization, help other Nigerians to get in (yes, they are qualified)... as other nationalities are helping themselves. While it's easy to help those we know, let's also remember to help those that are not so known. Put in a good word on their behalf, go out of your way to find opportunities for them.

If you have landed and are interested in the financial services industry, PM me. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sharonp: 8:03am On Apr 07, 2019
Hello guys I'm new here ....please how much those this entire process cost...please I need clarification on this
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jennypharb1: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2019
sharonp:
Hello guys I'm new here ....please how much those this entire process cost...please I need clarification on this

This post gave a brief outline of the cost of the process. You should visit the other thread
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Omoolope2023: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
sistaj:

Sometimes,people living in Canada might need CAD and then you exchange with them for the equivalent in Naira which is sent to your designated account.People in the whatsapp group I belong to do that all the time and I am sure that happens in other groups too.
Pm me if you wish.Thx

Please can someone add me to Sackwatchen PNP what app group please.

My number is 07084926599.

I don't know how to navigate nairaland PM
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ij1000: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
Kindly assist, my family and I are considering landing in May, however I plan to leave with the kids after 2weeks while my hubby stays back, we wd return before the end of the year. I am currently searching for a short stay apartment in Ontario can someone pls advise cos the locations are quite confusing on Airbnb and booking.com. Because it is a short stay I don’t have a particular preference. Also, I am hoping since my hubby is on ground he can pick up our PR card and find a way to get it across to us before our final landing. I hope this works? Please advise.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Licious07(f): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
19CannyMum:

Thank God for journey mercies. May you and your family find favour in Canny. Wishing you a safe bumping and delivery.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by subuolaba: 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
Dear all,

Please does anyone know if one can cargo goods to follow to a direct address in canny instead of having to pick up at the airport. Would appreciate any information and contact details (if any) in this regard. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Randomsue: 2:18am On Apr 08, 2019
8pm in Winnipeg

This is freaky

43 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Randomsue: 2:27am On Apr 08, 2019
Ehen. .for those coming to Winnipeg, you might have to keep the boarding passes for your last connecting flight.

For health card processing, we were asked to submit ours as proof of when we landed in Winnipeg...had to dig through the trash to bring them out..

Quite cold here though everyone keeps saying we came in fine weather, I also noticed no one seems to be in a hurry here

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MacShiff: 2:40am On Apr 08, 2019
laminaria:
Pls house any Nigerian whatsup group in Alberta, specifically Edmonton that I can join?

I am also in Edmonton. I will also like to join...

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 4:03am On Apr 08, 2019
19CannyMum:

Congrats on landing successfully teamie grin May Canada favour you and yours

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by coolhayor: 4:34am On Apr 08, 2019
@randomsue welcome to Jets land. You definitely came in very good weather if you haven't experienced our arctic cold winter.

I processed my health card without the boarding pass though a while ago.

May the land favour you.

Randomsue:
Ehen. .for those coming to Winnipeg, you might have to keep the boarding passes for your last connecting flight.

For health card processing, we were asked to submit ours as proof of when we landed in Winnipeg...had to dig through the trash to bring them out..

Quite cold here though everyone keeps saying we came in fine weather, I also noticed no one seems to be in a hurry here

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Randomsue: 4:56am On Apr 08, 2019
coolhayor:
@randomsue welcome to Jets land. You definitely came in very good weather if you haven't experienced our arctic cold winter.

I processed my health card without the boarding pass though a while ago.

May the land favour you.

Thanks a bunch

I think it's a new requirement...only God knows why
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iwinosified: 6:09am On Apr 08, 2019

Hi Mimi1999, guess you're writing the June exam. I wish you resounding success. Please, I don't know if you would be open to sending me materials. I would really appreciate the kind gesture, Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chiclasweet: 7:30am On Apr 08, 2019
Randomsue:
8pm in Winnipeg

This is freaky
Waoh. Muslims ll have to fast for really long hours

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mimi1999: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
Of course! Send me a message

Hi Mimi1999, guess you're writing the June exam. I wish you resounding success. Please, I don't know if you would be open to sending me materials. I would really appreciate the kind gesture, Thank you.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: auggie17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.