Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183479 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayoakins(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
My understanding is that that clause isn't applicable to you as you wrote a few ACCA papers and not 100% exemption.

stevesegkay:
Great people,

Please help with answer to this question �

Many thanks

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Homextras: 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
salford:

wow... $40 to $50 is cheap for electricity. The last time I paid that out here in the west was back in Calgary, 2014. Standard monthly charge before usage charge of electricity is like $25 bucks here in Sask. Alberta would likely be similar too. Then when family size increases, it goes up too.
while the fraudsters in Nigeria sends you estimated bills of N21,000/month/3 bed-room flat for avg light of 6hrs max/day...sorry to digress..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
Homextras:

while the fraudsters in Nigeria sends you estimated bills of N21,000/month/3 bed-room flat for avg light of 6hrs max/day...sorry to digress..
Nigeria's case is complex, and I sometimes find it hard to wrap my head around it.
Government scams the people and do not spend money on maintenance of aged infrastructure, and when they manage to supply the power sef, you have lots of people who also steal electricity.

Nigeria's budget for power in 2020 is circa $453m for a country with population of close to 200m. This is around the same amount the senators allocate to themselves per year.

A province in Canada with a population of around 1m people would budget and use up around $830m per year on power.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
Zhuhilat:
thanks for replying.

I could see on the website when registering for the IELTS, that i have to write the name of institution i want the result sent too, but I haven’t applied to the school yet. (Because I thought IELTS first before applying)

So do i contact the school first, if i dont, will they discard my IELTS results?
I am applying to university of Manitoba canada
I don't really know about the school route. I am sorry.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Homextras: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
salford:

Nigeria's case is complex, and I sometimes find it hard to wrap my head around it.
Government scams the people and do not spend money on maintenance of aged infrastructure, and when they manage to supply the power sef, you have lots of people who also steal electricity.

Nigeria's budget for power in 2020 is circa $453m for a country with population of close to 200m. This is around the same amount the senators allocate to themselves per year.

A province in Canada with a population of around 1m people would budget and use up around $830m per year on power.

A country beyond redemption....I don't doubt this electricity bill figure as my sister in the U.S pays around same rates.... If Nigeria had a million refineries, our fuel subsidy will unfortunately increase, if Nigeria has the largest limestone deposit her citizens will still pay the highest price for cement...Nigerian Senators earn more than their counterparts in rich countries...for years, DSTV has been a monopoly, subjecting our citizens to terrible exploitation and no govt official has deemed it fit to change the narrative, provided their palms are constantly greased...Nigeria, a country beyond redemption....

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Threemg: 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Good day big bros and big siss. Please there's a wonderful moniker boss in Calgary that sometimes offered to pick people up from the Airport. I can't locate the exact page on the thread and please if you can tag his moniker I'll be most grateful. Thanks and GOD bless. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iwinosified: 2:09am On Jan 14, 2020
Ronnie1984:
I live in the northwest area as well and didnt get to do any insurance on my tenancy. But I will like to know what your apartment specification are. But normally they only ask you for a month worth of your rent for keeps to tie the lease down and then when you are ready to leave the house the money gets returned if there was no damage to the house..send me a message let's meet up and see
Thanks to all who gave answers to my queries. We got a better quote of 237 today, however had to pay the complete annual fee. @Ronnie1984, would absolutely love to meet up, would send you a pm.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stevesegkay: 9:15am On Jan 14, 2020
hayoakins:
My understanding is that that clause isn't applicable to you as you wrote a few ACCA papers and not 100% exemption.

Many thanks for your response @hayoakins
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by epdcan: 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
I thing it is @wengerly ??
Threemg:
Good day big bros and big siss. Please there's a wonderful moniker boss in Calgary that sometimes offered to pick people up from the Airport. I can't locate the exact page on the thread and please if you can tag his moniker I'll be most grateful. Thanks and GOD bless. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iaatmguy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

You mean I should pass all the ACCA papers before I land?
no, you must have registered, i made a mistake earlier

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Threemg: 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
epdcan:
I thing it is @wengerly ??

Oh thanks so much boss. Will check it out and revert
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Threemg: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
wengerly:
Anyone coming to YYC any time soon? I can pick you from the airport and drop you anywhere in the city. Free of Charge. As long as your flight meets my schedule.

Cheers

Boss @epdcan you are so on point.. Many thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by XX01(f): 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
stevesegkay:
Good day guys

For those that did ACCA - CPA ALBERTA Conversion, please help clarify the requirements below which I found on CPA ALBERTA's website. It says, to qualify under the MRA with ACCA, it must be that:

"You did not receive your ACCA designation by virtue of a third party agreement ACCA has with any other accounting bodies"

How does this apply to exemptions received by virtue of ICAN qualification please?

Thanks in advance for clarification

My understanding of this is that if you did not have to pass any qualifying exams before you could get the designation then you are not qualified. For example, if ICAN and ACCA had an MRA the way CPA has an MRA with ACCA, you would not qualify. But if you had to write a qualifying exam before getting the designation, then you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by prettysussie: 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
iaatmguy:
no, you must have registered, i made a mistake earlier
Hello, i have been looking for this clause on CPA ontario's website which says you can't use another international accounting body to convert to CPA if you are already in Canada. Can you assist with this please?
I registered with ACCA in November after short landing in October. I don't know if I will still qualify for conversion. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by captainmichaelo: 4:30am On Jan 15, 2020
Pls is there anyone coming to Toronto this month or Early February? I need my driving experience letter to be brought along ejor, edakun, daalo, mbok, cry cry cry cry
I will repay the kindness by dropping off whoever brings it - to their destination within the GTA (with their bags and baggages) free of charge cool cool cool. I don't wanna post it as 2 of my guys got theirs delayed for over a month for whatever reason, and u see the importance of that letter cannot even be over emphasised.
Thanking u in advance sir, ma, sir/ma, ma/sir as d case may be grin
captainmichaelo@gmaildotcom

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 5:59am On Jan 15, 2020
Did some here use the NOC code 6235?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Changeofscene(m): 5:59am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Godisincontrol post=85696662]

I am with Zipsure Insurance and I pay $15.94/month for a 2 bedroom apartment debited 1st of every month.
For proof of address with the registry, you can use any of the following - a void cheque, hardcopy of your credit card statement mailed to you by your bank in this case RBC, hardcopy of your phone bill mailed to you by your phone service provider - Public Mobile or the mail that was sent to you containing your Alberta Health Card(this must still be intact and within 3months of when it was sent to you)

Send a PM with your number and let's see if you can be added to the WhatsApp group[/quote

Please I would like to be added to the Edmonton WhatsApp group.Sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 6:05am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Blackbuddy post=85649649]

Once you arrive here via PNP, you are a PR holder, same as those with Federal ITA. You are free to relocate from your province with no issues when you become a citizen. To become a Canadian citizen, you must:

be a permanent resident
have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
have filed your taxes, and
pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=355&top=5
[/quote
Some provinces require you to stay for a specific period of time before you can move anywhere-in which case, you would know because you will sign a form to that effect. My friend said she signed something like that for Manitoba PNP, I heard Nova Scotia does the same too(I didn’t verify this)
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2020
Hello house ...any one in Prince Edward Island university or lives there ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by esterella: 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Calgary this morning!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bezimo(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
bezimo:

I know a few Total managers wey their family dey Canada.Lol .Another of my former boss in Total was asking me how far on the matter. Lol Why would dey leave their high paying job to come and start again in Canada..nah.

I always humorously thought

Those imigrating to Canada as permanent residents are like full time staff at Total E&P

Those in Canada on work permit either through direct application or after study are like contract staff with Total E&P

Those on study permit and visas are like interns at Total E&P

grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCapitalBand(m): 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
I really miss landing stories cry. I understand settling down isn’t always easy but please share if And when you can. Thank you so much. smiley

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purplerain(f): 3:09am On Jan 16, 2020
Hi Capt,
I hope you get someone to help you.
If you don't mind can you please share details of how you got the letter. Your contact and cost. I need to get mine but not sure where to start from.

captainmichaelo:
Pls is there anyone coming to Toronto this month or Early February? I need my driving experience letter to be brought along ejor, edakun, daalo, mbok, cry cry cry cry
I will repay the kindness by dropping off whoever brings it - to their destination within the GTA (with their bags and baggages) free of charge cool cool cool.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stevesegkay: 7:07am On Jan 16, 2020
XX01:

My understanding of this is that if you did not have to pass any qualifying exams before you could get the designation then you are not qualified. For example, if ICAN and ACCA had an MRA the way CPA has an MRA with ACCA, you would no qualify. But if you had to write a qualifying exam before getting the designation, then you are good to go.

Many thanks for your response @XX01
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by etrange: 8:41am On Jan 16, 2020
captainmichaelo:
I will repay the kindness by dropping off whoever brings it - to their destination within the GTA (with their bags and baggages) free of charge cool cool cool. I don't wanna post it as 2 of my guys got theirs delayed for over a month for whatever reason, and u see the importance of that letter cannot even be over emphasised.

Have you found someone?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Everygirl: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2020
Please who has the FRSC email address. The one I saw in a post bounced.

thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Freeasabird: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
Coming in this month end. What City is the document at?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
Whose in Prince Edward Island here let’s connect God bless
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by etrange: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2020
Good evening guys! Anyone knows how to get CIPM transcript?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by captainmichaelo: 1:05am On Jan 17, 2020
Freeasabird:
Coming in this month end. What City is the document at?

Thank u, it's in Lagos. It will be delivered to any location u want in Lagos. Pls inbox me yr no so we can chat. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by captainmichaelo: 1:06am On Jan 17, 2020
etrange:

Have you found someone?

Not yet o sir/ma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.