Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2184277 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kunnmi: 1:42am On Jan 01, 2022
depends on the services you need. what area you looking and whats your budget
JORDAN55:
Hey guys,

Who knows any agents in toronto that can help with securing apartments in downtown Toronto?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kyrie2018: 3:30am On Jan 01, 2022
Canada post. I think max per bag is 30kg.
JORDAN55:
Hello guys,

What’s the best and cheapest way to ship items (luggage) from Winnippeg to Toronto (apart from plane)? Please help!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purespikes: 10:08am On Jan 01, 2022
casiello:

Let's hear him out rather than get defensive and sometimes aggressive. I have a feeling that the boredom he is expressing has to do with where he is living and doesn't apply broadly. However, it's hypocritical to just dismiss him. You didnt even enquire the province he's based in and you're responding hashly to him.
No country in this world is 100 percent exciting.. The idea of this thread is to discuss the good bad and ugly of living in canada after all. Don't dismiss his comments please. We are here to help each other irrespective of whether you're in Canada or a prospect.

Finally, a sensible, humble and considerate being!
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RoyalDukeDon: 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Please I need your advice!!
Which is the best way and time to book for flight for person coming in August for September intake in order to get it cheaper?
Is it booking directly from the airline company or using agent company e.g wakanow,travelbeta. Which is cheaper one is way cheaper and reliable. Your suggestions please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
Directly is better
RoyalDukeDon:
Which is the best way and time to book for flight for person coming in August for September intake in order to get it cheaper?
Is it booking directly from the airline company or using agent company e.g wakanow,travelbeta. Which is cheaper one is way cheaper and reliable. Your suggestions please.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canadaishome: 12:00am On Jan 02, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:50am On Jan 02, 2022
canadaishome:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYKm9RErqoQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

This story was sad to read
both are victims of Nigerian and Canadian societies. Alot of Nigerian marriages crash easily here. I know 2 of such personally. Marriage looks like the typical Nigerian marriage these days man has money, woman leaves who she love to marry who has money. For the guy was he expecting not to be hands-on and do chores given there is no maid here. In the end marriage is a dying institution in the western world and it may be better to remain single.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 1:51am On Jan 02, 2022
canadaishome:

This was really painful to read. I feel the guy pain. It is well.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:11am On Jan 02, 2022
canadaishome:

Always three sides to a story. No sentiments until I at least hear 2 sides.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 5:28am On Jan 02, 2022
Kunnmi:

Downtown Toronto (close to king street west)
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 6:36am On Jan 02, 2022
Kunnmi:

Downtown Toronto

2500 max for a 2 bedroom
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 7:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Please who operates an Airbnb or shirker apartment here in Winnipeg?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by finishedworks: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2022
RoyalDukeDon:

It's cheaper to book directly with their app if you want to use Egypt air or Ethiopian air, booking on the app is cheaper than even on their website site. Not sure if it's still thesame but Saved closed to 200k when we came.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by finishedworks: 8:01am On Jan 02, 2022
Sorry just realized one was in cad but it was cheaper on their app for us when we came

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by finishedworks: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2022
Just keep checking on both the app and their site with the date you have in mind

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by casiello(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2022
canadaishome:

Story don't really sound sad to me. If I'm to believe his side of the story, Lola is obviously spoilt and selfish, the mistake he made was marrying her and her bad character would always unveil itself at some point in their marriage, being in Canada just accelerated it.

The separation can be a blessing for him, he's even paying less money to Lola now so he should stop sulking and focus on developing his career and improving his mental health. He just needs to maintain a healthy relationship with his child.

He can still take his time to find a good woman as Lola was never designed to be a good wife to him.

This issue is quite common in Naija. Basically, marrying the wrong person will always be a harmful experience irrespective of the country one resides in.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
canadaishome:

I hear stories like this a lot. But while there are two sides to the story, I feel like there were also two competing expectations. On the side of the woman, she was earning much more than her husband, but wanted him to still foot a large part of the home expenses because he is the man. On the man's side, he was earning much lower but still wanted his wife to keep doing house chores in a country where responsbilities should be shared. Both came to Canada with Niaja expectations which clearly can't work there. Couples need to adjust their expectations when they go to Canada. Husband should be ready to get his hands dirty to allow the wife some rest and wife too needs to expect less in terms of financial success from the husband. They would have been a perfect couple in Nigeria, but there were never going to survive Canada from the beginning. Especially given that husband's attitude of not wanting to help with the chores. That's a big red flag.

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheSeventeenth: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2022
Totally totally agree.
Expectations and entitlements were the problems here.
But then again, we only have his side of the story. Seriously wonder what the full picture is if there are flashes of entitlement in the victim’s side of the story.

CountVersailles:

I hear stories like this a lot. But while there are two sides to the story, I feel like there were also two competing expectations. On the side of the woman, she was earning much more than her husband, but wanted him to still foot a large part of the home expenses because he is the man. On the man's side, he was earning much lower but still wanted his wife to keep doing house chores in a country where responsbilities should be shared. Both came to Canada with Niaja expectations which clearly can't work there. Couples need to adjust their expectations when they go to Canada. Husband should be ready to get his hands dirty to allow the wife some rest and wife too needs to expect less in terms of financial success from the husband. They would have been a perfect couple in Nigeria, but there were never going to survive Canada from the beginning. Especially given that husband's attitude of not wanting to help with the chores. That's a big red flag.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adanac13: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2022
sorry for the late reply, but I don't think this applies to visitors, I think you have to go back to your home country to apply

NaijaCanadian28:

Hello
Thank you for this information. Can a visitor in Canada use this option as well? Pls I would appreciate if you can also add the steps involved with doing Dropbox application. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OjodomoBlessing: 10:16am On Jan 03, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kunnmi: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
okay. i will get back to you
JORDAN55:

Downtown Toronto

2500 max for a 2 bedroom
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by themankelechi: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
Good day Boss @einsteino
Please if you don't mind did u later write on "the few more parts that would help with tips on chasing the dream job?" If yes kindly help share the link or section/page where it can be found. Thank you.

einsteino:

I still have a few more parts to write on, that would help with tips on chasing the dream job but having to work 14hr per day spares me little time. Believe it or not, I like it here in Canada but that`s largely because I knew what challenges I may face and felt I was up to the task (Anyhow e be, Ogoro must jump).

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yunqdady: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
Self acclaimed visa officer of IRCC. I see you
yunqdady:

With this mentality, you can't even get visa. And yes, I'm judging you. Shift abeq abeq

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gistbite(f): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hello, are there Canada Work permit visa Agencies in uk? I'd like to relocate to Canada from UK on a work permit visa.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by einsteino(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
themankelechi:
Good day Boss @einsteino
Please if you don't mind did u later write on "the few more parts that would help with tips on chasing the dream job?" If yes kindly help share the link or section/page where it can be found. Thank you.

I am sorry, its been such a long time. I do not remember if I did. I think using the search bar is the best way out at this point.

Happy new year to you and everyone on this thread. May the odds be in our favour, ise!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by themankelechi: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
Okay but plz how can i search for it?
Happy new year to you too

einsteino:

I am sorry, its been such a long time. I do not remember if I did. I think using the search bar is the best way out at this point.

Happy new year to you and everyone on this thread. May the odds be in our favour, ise!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
gistbite:
Hello, are there Canada Work permit visa Agencies in uk? I'd like to relocate to Canada from UK on a work permit visa.
you are better of applying yourself. the so-called agencies will chop your money ( over 10k pounds) and no guarantees. It's easier to get a UK work permit than Canadian self.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gistbite(f): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
ednut1:
you are better of applying yourself. the so-called agencies will chop your money ( over 10k pounds) and no guarantees. It's easier to get a UK work permit than Canadian self.

Oh. How do I go about getting a uk work permit?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
gistbite:

by getting a job offer ofcourse
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
gistbite:

Why not ask on the UK thread, they would be able to help you better with getting a job since you are not restricted by the 20hrs per week rule seeing you are on a student dependant visa. You only just relocated to the UK on the 8th of December, why the sudden change of mind to move to Canada? Just take things slowly or better still try the Canada express entry while waiting for your significant other to finish his course.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hello guys,

How do I go about acquiring an Ontario license, I do not have a nigerian license at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.