Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183365 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
Juicy7:
Hello guys
I've got a question
If your course requires you to pass the first year before being admitted into the main program which in total makes it four years
Can I tell the immigration officer at the airport that my duration of study is 4 years ?
Even if it was one year visa I got
Pls help me on this one

You sef don ansa your question yourself. You wan make we bobo you with hope.

You will be granted study permit based on the duration shown on your offer letter or the expiry date of your passport, whichever comes first.

You got a one year visa because that is the condition on your offer letter, if you succeed , you renew your trv and permit.

Nothing more, nothing less.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Juicy7: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=maziude post=113826612]

You sef don ansa your question yourself. You wan make we bobo you with hope.

You will be granted study permit based on the duration shown on your offer letter or the expiry date of your passport, whichever comes first.

You got a one year visa because that is the condition on your offer letter, if you succeed , you renew your trv and permit.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Ok thanks
I hope study permit extension is not has difficult as the normal visa process
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gaeul(f): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Thanks for your response, I was thinking the upkeep goes directly to the student bank account..Infact it's all confusing
shogbenga:

Go to CBN trade portal and fill the form. Generate bank details of the beneficiary from the school and attach necessary documents. Learnt maximum you can apply for every quarter is 4000USD

I applied just yesterday
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thatbae(f): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
gaeul:
I just got to Fredericton a week ago

Great!

Please how can I contact you? I sent you a mail since last week no response.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ImOptional: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
I will be moving permanently to Canada on Tuesday after trying twice, got my visa last Friday.

If there’s anyone traveling to Canada also on Tuesday via MMA let’s make it a combo trip, we might be flying on same plane, kindly indicate, it’s my first time in the Canada

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gaeul(f): 1:06am On Jun 16, 2022
Don't have access to that email...message me via; kimzhang057@gmail.com
Thatbae:

Great!

Please how can I contact you? I sent you a mail since last week no response.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by quin9(f): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
Anyone going to Vancouver this month? Or if you know any female looking to rent a place around UCW for July please link up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thatbae(f): 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
gaeul:
Don't have access to that email...message me via; kimzhang057@gmail.com

Noted.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
ImOptional:
I will be moving permanently to Canada on Tuesday after trying twice, got my visa last Friday.

If there’s anyone traveling to Canada also on Tuesday via MMA let’s make it a combo trip, we might be flying on same plane, kindly indicate, it’s my first time in the Canada
You don't need any company, all you have to be is vigilant.

Ask questions to ONLY airport staff at counters or on uniforms for directions. This is easier because other passengers might be in a hurry and not have the time to guide you, they might be suspicious of you, they may not even know how to assist you properly even if they genuinely want to help.

Go through your airlines list of restricted items on their website. Weigh your bags too unless you do not mind paying for excess baggage.

Sleep well and enjoy your in-flight entertainment. Safe journey to Canada.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
euphorbia:

I think its now 1000 USD and it might take about a month. If you apply for 4000USD, your application might not be attended to.

ONE TAWSAND shocked since when?! This is not good at all
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Everygirl: 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
Furnished Airbnb room to rent in Downtown Calgary. Short term only.
Contact me at everygirlng@gmail.com if you are interested
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
ImOptional:

Just be vigilant and ask questions from airport officials.

Remember the obvious, no collect anything from anybody!!!

Dem go give you one card for airplane to declare Wetin you carry…. Declare oh, to avoid fines.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gaeul(f): 5:24am On Jun 17, 2022
Thanks
shogbenga:

Go to CBN trade portal and fill the form. Generate bank details of the beneficiary from the school and attach necessary documents. Learnt maximum you can apply for every quarter is 4000USD

I applied just yesterday
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gaeul(f): 5:26am On Jun 17, 2022
This got me rotfl lol
legionISproteus:

ONE TAWSAND shocked since when?! This is not good at all
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dele670: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ImOptional: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Noted, thanks a lot
maziude:

Just be vigilant and ask questions from airport officials.

Remember the obvious, no collect anything from anybody!!!

Dem go give you one card for airplane to declare Wetin you carry…. Declare oh, to avoid fines.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ImOptional: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
I’m a tech expert specialized in app dev, web design and cyber security.

I’m on way to Canada, if I can be of help let me know
Dele670:
Please am in canada and planning to switch to tech as data analyst ,please can anybody recommend any organisation or individual that can guide me along this path ,am not just looking for a free service becos l dont mind even if it a paid service ,l just need geniue help from an experienced fellow in the field.thank u

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ImOptional: 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
I have this on my left hand, won’t use it to eat, thanks a lot
legionISproteus:
You don't need any company, all you have to be is vigilant.

Ask questions to ONLY airport staff at counters or on uniforms for directions. This is easier because other passengers might be in a hurry and not have the time to guide you, they might be suspicious of you, they may not even know how to assist you properly even if they genuinely want to help.

Go through your airlines list of restricted items on their website. Weigh your bags too unless you do not mind paying for excess baggage.

Sleep well and enjoy your in-flight entertainment. Safe journey to Canada.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chuchucalgary: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ensuite room available in a 2Bed 2Bath condo apartment in Cambridge, Ontario (Waterloo Region include Cambridge-Kitchener-Waterloo). 15 - 20 minutes drive to Kitchener. Less than 5 minutes walk from Cambridge bus terminal with lots of transit commute options. Buses 301 & 206 less than 30minutes to Kitchener and about 20 mins to Conestoga College by Bus from this Station and less than one-hour to GTA.

This lease take-over is available from July 12 up until March 11, 2023 (with option of renewal). Rent is $995 (one heated underground parking included). Hydro & internet are extra - about $60 - $70)

Facilities include:
In-unit washer & dryer
Central heating & air conditioner
Opposite-sided Wardrobes and own 4-piece spacious Washroom.

Note: This is a lease take-over and should be ready to pay 1st & last month.

Male preferred as the other room is occupied by a male.

Send a PM if you're interested.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lummie01: 2:05am On Jun 18, 2022
Dele670:
Please am in canada and planning to switch to tech as data analyst ,please can anybody recommend any organisation or individual that can guide me along this path ,am not just looking for a free service becos l dont mind even if it a paid service ,l just need geniue help from an experienced fellow in the field.thank u
Im sure you need some training. On coursera, there is a google certificate you can complete . Im doing it along with a friend too.s

https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-data-analytics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yungbilli: 3:07am On Jun 18, 2022
Hi everyone, Anyone experienced traveling to Canada with more than 10kCAD Cash?
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:21am On Jun 18, 2022
yungbilli:
Thank you
you have to declare it. Thats all
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nixymax(f): 6:24am On Jun 18, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a female roommate or an apartment close to University of Alberta. My budget is 500CAD max.

I'm resuming late August

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yungbilli: 7:19am On Jun 18, 2022
ednut1:
you have to declare it. Thats all
thanks Ednut
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dele670: 7:35am On Jun 18, 2022
Lummie01:

Im sure you need some training. On coursera, there is a google certificate you can complete . Im doing it along with a friend too.s

https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-data-analytics

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Immortalregis: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2022
Dele670:
Try to apply for data analyst training with npower canada.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lummie01: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2022
Immortalregis:

Try to apply for data analyst training with npower canada.

https://npowercanada.ca/junior-data-analyst-program/

Thats great if he is in BC or ON

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Backcheck: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
yungbilli:
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 2:02am On Jun 19, 2022
Dele670:

I recommend you get in touch with NIPCA, Nigerian IT Professionals in Canada.

You will get access to support programs, training courses and networking opportunities.

https://nipca.ca/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Antyxx: 2:44am On Jun 19, 2022
Hi
I just got a new Nigeria boyfriend, whats the fastest way to bring him. Im a Canadian resident. I want him with me in 3months time, i have 5k to waste,i dnt mind

But all these pr process they bore me, as it cn take time, thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Antyxx: 2:45am On Jun 19, 2022
Blackbuddy:

I recommend you get in touch with NIPCA, Nigerian IT Professionals in Canada.

You will get access to support programs, training courses and networking opportunities.

https://nipca.ca/

Hi
I just got a new Nigeria boyfriend, whats the fastest way to bring him. Im a Canadian resident. I want him with me in 3months time, i have 5k to waste,i dnt mind

But all these pr process they bore me, as it cn take time, thank you
Pls im desperate
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fave12345: 8:17am On Jun 19, 2022
Good day guys, nice work in this community. Please I have a question. Is it possible to enter Canada through visitor's visa and convert it to work permit or sth else?

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.