Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim (4525 Views)

Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council / Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Buhari's Acting CJN Must Step Aside For The Next In Line Says Olawepo Hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 7:36am On Jan 01, 2019
Insecurity: I will Establish National Guard, Says Olawepo-Hashim

Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, the presidential candidate of People’s Trust (PT) in 2019 election, has announced his plan to establish National Guard to contain internal security threats if elected President of Nigeria.

Speaking in an interview at the weekend, Mr. Olawepo Hashim chided the APC government for failing to contain internal security breaches, promising that he would overhaul the security architecture to make Nigeria a safer place for all.

Olawepo-Hashim said, “Security is not just a question of spending bigger budgets; it is about having the right structures and strategies. As it is, the Armed Forces of the Federation is over-stressed and distracted by deployments for internal security operations.

“I think it is time for Nigeria to have a National Guard. I’m going to put up a National Guard as a President of Nigeria. My reasons and justifications are self-evident. Our internal security questions have graduated to the level of insurrection. We are now having well-trained militias, perhaps having more training than the police but probably, you may not need full scale military action to handle them.

“That is what a National Guard job is, an intermediate force between the regular armed forces and the police. Nigeria needs a well-trained intermediate force that is going to act between the Army and the police, which is the National Guard.

“We don’t need to expose the regular army trained mainly in the art of war. The military is meant to focus on defending the territorial integrity of the nation. The National Guard is for deployment to prevent or quell internal conflict and eruptions beyond the capacity of the police service. The idea of deploying military for internal security assignment is an abnormality which I will correct as a President,” he pledged.

Lamenting the growing lawlessness in the country, Olawepo -Hashim said what encouraged the ongoing rascality and bloodletting was that “people are not promptly punished when they murder other people.”

He said, “Government issued long statements, giving excuses, telling us why some people were killed. That’s not what we should be hearing from law enforcement officers. When people commit crimes, they need to be punished promptly. And as you make example of a few people, it acts as deterrent to others,” he emphasised.

Justifying his plans to create National Guard as part of general overhauling of national security apparatus, the PT candidate observed that the life of ordinary Nigerians has become so cheap even as murderers and arsonists go mostly unpunished.

He pledged, “From day one, we would act decisively so that people would know there is a new Sheriff in town.
“Under us, every Nigerian would be assured that his life really counts, and that there are no special Nigerians who have licence to kill other Nigerians. Now, that’s the first thing. We need to change the psychological environment and people know that you have to be careful.”

https://www.independent.ng/insecurity-i-will-establish-national-guard-says-olawepo-hashim/amp/

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 7:37am On Jan 01, 2019
Gohashim2019

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by HAROLDWILSON: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Just passing
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by judetov2(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
who be this man sef

4 Likes

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by planetx13: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
In saner climes, this man will easily become president..... he really understands the problems of this country and has the solutions ready... ...

His goals are valid, smart, sensible, measurable and highly achievable, but what do i know,,, afterall, this is Nigeria ....

All i can say is vote wisely

Ciao

30 Likes

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indiscipline. Na Nigerian government, ee-oh. Dem dey talk be dat

AhlexOfficial:
Hmmm.... Kuku higher night watchmen

Higher higher higher higher jesus higher x2
Lower lower lower lower satan lower

[img]https://i./YhK7.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by myrrtle(m): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Atiku/Obi
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by mytime24(f): 1:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Politrick

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by AhlexOfficial(m): 1:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hmmm.... Kuku hire night watchmen na

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by aishapmbtoto: 1:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Wetin dis one dey talk

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by genxris: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
He didn’t even talk of strengthening the handicapped police or empowering the civil defense, he’s talking of adding more nuisance to the security apparatus.
Please I don’t want to hear all this nonsense again this year

9 Likes

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by apholaryn: 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
AhlexOfficial:
Hmmm.... Kuku higher night watchmen
we go need the wildlings too

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by NigeriaBam: 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
I jump this post.
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by GreatestA1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
This makes lots of sense.

Our military is really overstressed. Take for example, there are now army check points in almost all states in the South South and South East doing nothing other than mount useless painted drums on the road, cause infernal traffic, seize commuters' phones who were making calls around their check points and chase after our women (sometimes, using coercion).

We don't need the military to keep peace internally. That's why we have the police force(SARS inclusive). The vast number of soldiers scattered in all southern States keeping imaginary peace would have been deployed to fight bokoharam.

An intermediary force is needed to come in when the incorrigibly incompetent police men pull their shoes and run for their lives to collapse on their wives laps.

Even though he won't win, Buhari should steal this idea if he wins a second tenure.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Ayobami7(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
好的
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by BuhariLooter(m): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
BUHARILOOTERS A. K. A BUHARIDIANS A. K. A SAI BABARIANS SHOULD BE READY FOR A SHOCKER....
SAI ATIKUOBI WE KNOW
SAI ATIKUOBI WE LOVE
ON ATIKUOBI MANDATE WE STAND
ATIKU WILL WIN 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
INSHA ALAH AMIN

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by bamvik(m): 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nigeria has intellectuals that can move her to greater heights , but unfortunately if u dont have billions and u dont belong to apc or pdp forget it .

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by BuhariLooter(m): 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
BUHARILOOTERS A. K. A BUHARIDIANS A. K. A SAI BABARIANS SHOULD BE READY FOR A SHOCKER....
SAI ATIKUOBI WE KNOW
SAI ATIKUOBI WE LOVE
INSHA ALAH AMINBUHARI ADMINISTRATION DEY PAIN EVERY NIGERIAN EVEN YOU WEY DE TYPE BROTHER, WE NEED TO TRY SOMEONE ELSE BUHARI HAS BEEN TESTED AND FAILED ATIKU HAS BRAIN TO TURN OUR ECONOMY AROUND, WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT DO BETTER THAN OTHER PAST PRESIDENT, NIGERIANS HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BUHARI'S FAKE INTEGRITY
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Hotfreeze: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
This Olawepo Hashim is bereft of ideas.

He wants to establish a National Guard when the Police is understaffed and underfunded. Even at that, most of the policemen are personal security to VIPs and there are just few left for citizens.

Mrrights, tell Hashim that the police has Marine Police, Inland waterways Police, Border patrol police, Air wing (Air police) and Mounted troop (horseback). Instead of training, buying equipment and empowering them, he wants to establish an imaginary outfit.

He is clearly ignorant of the workings of our security forces and doesn't deserve to lead Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by BuhariLooter(m): 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
There was 'scam' before Nigerians translated it to 'wayo'
Oyibos lie a lot
Meanwhile,
*ASK A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THIS HOT WEATHER CONDITION*
*Journalist*: What are your thoughts on this heat Nigerians are complaining about?
RESPONSES:
*LAI MOHAMMED*: this is the result of PDP’s misrule, they stole the ozone layer.
*FEMI ADESINA*: Mr. President promised us change and that includes change in temperature. CHANGE IS HERE, EMBRACE IT.
*AKINWUMI AMBODE*: We have signed a $10million deal with LG to install air conditioners across the Lagos skyline.
*IBE KACHUKWU*: I assure you the heat will disappear by 2pm,29th May.
*BUKOLA SARAKl*: Tinubu wanted the heat to be more than this but i opposed him, out of my love for Nigeria and that is why they are witch-hunting me.
*GOODLUCK JONATHAN*: This heat was not this bad when I left office/power but Nigerians did not appreciate me.
*ADAMS OSHIMOLE*: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala stole the N100 billion meant for temperature control Research.
*NASIR EL RUFAI*:
We are in talks with General Electric to see how they can generate power for Kaduna from the heat.
*RAUF AREGBESOLA*:
I have just approved payment of January salary so that Osun workers can buy hand fan.
*ALIKO DANGOTE*: Next week, we are commissioning the Dangote Fan Factory; by 2030 Australia will be buying fans from us.
*BEN MURRAY-BRUCE: *tweets* when Naira is weak and inflation is high automatically there will be heat. This is common sense.
*NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA*: Under t

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Hotfreeze: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
[s]
BuhariLooter:
SAI ATIKUOBI WE KNOW
SAI ATIKUOBI WE LOVE
INSHA ALAH AMINBUHARI ADMINISTRATION DEY PAIN EVERY NIGERIAN EVEN YOU WEY DE TYPE BROTHER, WE NEED TO TRY SOMEONE ELSE BUHARI HAS BEEN TESTED AND FAILED ATIKU HAS BRAIN TO TURN OUR ECONOMY AROUND, WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT DO BETTER THAN OTHER PAST PRESIDENT, NIGERIANS HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BUHARI'S FAKE INTEGRITY
[/s]

Do you have PVC? No

An almajiri in Birnin Kebbi is more useful than you.
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by myettiallah: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
This man is becoming too desperate
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by BuhariLooter(m): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2019
SAI ATIKUOBI WE KNOW
SAI ATIKUOBI WE LOVE
INSHA ALAH AMIN

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by BuhariLooter(m): 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hotfreeze:
[s][/s]

Do you have PVC? No

An almajiri in Birnin Kebbi is more useful than you.
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by akigbemaru: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
genxris:
He didn’t even talk of strengthening the handicapped police or empowering the civil defense, he’s talking of adding more nuisance to the security apparatus.
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by WaffenSS(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
genxris:

I was about to type the same thing!
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by olajide8(m): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
mrrights:
Insecurity: I will Establish National Guard, Says Olawepo-Hashim

Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, the presidential candidate of People’s Trust (PT) in 2019 election, has announced his plan to establish National Guard to contain internal security threats if elected President of Nigeria.

Speaking in an interview at the weekend, Mr. Olawepo Hashim chided the APC government for failing to contain internal security breaches, promising that he would overhaul the security architecture to make Nigeria a safer place for all.

Olawepo-Hashim said, “Security is not just a question of spending bigger budgets; it is about having the right structures and strategies. As it is, the Armed Forces of the Federation is over-stressed and distracted by deployments for internal security operations.

“I think it is time for Nigeria to have a National Guard. I’m going to put up a National Guard as a President of Nigeria. My reasons and justifications are self-evident. Our internal security questions have graduated to the level of insurrection. We are now having well-trained militias, perhaps having more training than the police but probably, you may not need full scale military action to handle them.

“That is what a National Guard job is, an intermediate force between the regular armed forces and the police. Nigeria needs a well-trained intermediate force that is going to act between the Army and the police, which is the National Guard.

“We don’t need to expose the regular army trained mainly in the art of war. The military is meant to focus on defending the territorial integrity of the nation. The National Guard is for deployment to prevent or quell internal conflict and eruptions beyond the capacity of the police service. The idea of deploying military for internal security assignment is an abnormality which I will correct as a President,” he pledged.

Lamenting the growing lawlessness in the country, Olawepo -Hashim said what encouraged the ongoing rascality and bloodletting was that “people are not promptly punished when they murder other people.”

He said, “Government issued long statements, giving excuses, telling us why some people were killed. That’s not what we should be hearing from law enforcement officers. When people commit crimes, they need to be punished promptly. And as you make example of a few people, it acts as deterrent to others,” he emphasised.

Justifying his plans to create National Guard as part of general overhauling of national security apparatus, the PT candidate observed that the life of ordinary Nigerians has become so cheap even as murderers and arsonists go mostly unpunished.

He pledged, “From day one, we would act decisively so that people would know there is a new Sheriff in town.
“Under us, every Nigerian would be assured that his life really counts, and that there are no special Nigerians who have licence to kill other Nigerians. Now, that’s the first thing. We need to change the psychological environment and people know that you have to be careful.”

https://www.independent.ng/insecurity-i-will-establish-national-guard-says-olawepo-hashim/amp/

Simple everyone wants to do this, but where would you get money to manage it- nscdc is their let them do there work civil matters and security

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Pain(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
cool cool cool

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Seetto: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
National guard fight boko haram, that is serious...
Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by Ikpongiton: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
this three legged contraption called nigeria,does not deserve a good man like you,abeg

1 Like

Re: I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim by BruncleZuma: 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
And majority will join because they are unemployed...same result.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Conducive Business Environment Vital For Economic Growth / So 40 Heavily Armed Fulani Terrorists Submitted To ESN Without A Fight ? / Obi's Mock Ministerial Nomination List Trends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.