Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja (4458 Views)

25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / Babachir Lawal: Tinubu Will Not Get 25% In Borno And Most Of The Fulani States / CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by alsudan: 6:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
They know 25% in FCT is a constitutional requirement that must be met before their candidate can be declared President Elect.

They had every other thing figured to sneak them into Aso Rock, but they didn’t see Abuja happening to them.

Miraculously they have configured 27% for themselves after 5 Area Councils.

But that’s where their confusion worsened, because the last Area Council is AMAC which is the biggest and where Obi swept over 80% of votes.

Waiting to see the Wonder the perform with the AMAC figures in other to get the mandatory 25% in the FCT.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Mozino007(m): 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
Crying more than the bereaved!!!

6 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by lhordspy: 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hmm. How many times will i school you guys today?

You dont need to get 25% in FCT to be president. FCT is considered a state in the constitution. You just need to have 25% in 24 states, including FCT or not. Then get majority vote across the nation, then you are good to go.

Even going by the screenshot you posted, it shows you dont even know what is 25% of total vote cast. If LP is having 111k votes as the leader, then the second 61k with one LGA to go. it means the total vote cast is not much.

Children just full this forum, reason why i spend more of my time on twitter these days

Modified: Go and read section 299 of the Nigeria constitution which already recognise FCT as a state.

And section 134 of the constitution states that; a candidate will be declared winner of a presidential election if he has:

“(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

So it means FCT is part of that 24 state required by the constitution to get your 25%, it is not a seperate entity, it is considered a state as stated by section 299.
Simple.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
Even international observers have now confirmed that this election was a scam.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
Take a look at the constitution very well diz time around, wipe the tears wey day ur eyes, read then assimilate.... grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by alsudan: 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2023
KillSars:
Take a look at the constitution very well diz time around, wipe the tears wey day ur eyes, read then assimilate.... grin grin grin

Look for a year one Law student to interpret the constitution for you than embarrassing yourself on a public forum.

4 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Parachoko: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:
They know 25% in FCT is a constitutional requirement that must be met before their candidate can be declared President Elect.

They had every other thing figured to sneak them into Aso Rock, but they didn’t see Abuja happening to them.

But that’s where their confusion worsened, because the last Area Council is AMAC which is the biggest and where Obi swept over 80% of votes.

Waiting to see the Wonder the perform with the AMAC figures in other to get the mandatory 25% in the FCT.
This one no know say Asiwaju is the President Elect 😂🤣

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by mymadam(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
Reinaldo:
Even international observers have now confirmed that this election was a scam.

No. The Commonwealth Observer Group say the Presidential Election just concluded was... fair!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by TooDailyNewsUpd: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
Presidential Election: Obi’s Campaign Council Demand End To Announcement Of Results, Call Out INEC

Full story on : https://toodaily.com/presidential-election-obis-campaign-council-demand-end-to-announcement-of-results-call-out-inec
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by IGBOSON1: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:

Bros, it’s like you guys don’t know the persons you’re dealing with! Worse comes to worst, they kidnap the INEC official responsible and hold a gun to his head to do ‘the needful’!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Parachoko: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
lhordspy:
You dont need to get 25% in FCT to be president. FCT is considered a state in the constitution. You just have to have 25% in 24 states, including FCT or not. Then get majority vote across the nation, then you are good to go.

I'm tired of talking about this issue with them

4 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by alsudan: 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Parachoko:

Tell am make him declare himself naa.

Wetin Aboki do that Stammerer way Thiefnubuu being the carry bag for go be child’s play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by ladiguy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:

Which school you go? You no g err sense?

5 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2023
lhordspy:

You dont need to get 25% in FCT to be president. FCT is considered a state in the constitution. You just have to have 25% in 24 states, including FCT or not. Then get majority vote across the nation, then you are good to go.

Even going by the screenshot you posted, it shows you dont even know what is 25% of total vote cast. If LP is having 111k votes as the leader, then the second 61k with one LGA to go. it means the total vote cast is not much.

Children just full this forum, reason why i spend more of my time on twitter these days
Incorrect. INEC has refused to clarify that even when lawyers requested it. You must win FCT. It's clear in the constitution "Incluing FCT"

The or not you added is not in the constitution.

Pray hard. lol

3 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Parachoko: 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:

Tell am make him declare himself naa.

Wetin Aboki do that Stammerer way Thiefnubuu being the carry bag for go be child’s play.
He does not need to declare himself as the President, the INEC chairman would have declare Asiwaju as the winner of the 2023 Presidential Election by this time tomorrow.
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by lhordspy: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Incorrect. INEC has refused to clarify that even when lawyers requested it. You must win FCT. It's clear in the constitution "Incluing FCT"

The or not you added is not in the constitution.

Pray hard. lol

Oga. This thing was straightened out by Femi falana himself. Go and sit down.

7 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
lhordspy:

You dont need to get 25% in FCT to be president. FCT is considered a state in the constitution. You just need to have 25% in 24 states, including FCT or not. Then get majority vote across the nation, then you are good to go.

Bro, u get time sha... grin grin grin
Dem day brainless, like an iota of brain like diz no dey their skull...

How i wish asiwaju can just dash them 80% of FCT make we come see wetting go xup...

4 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by bigdammyj: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
Noted.
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by AntiTerrorist: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2023
Everyone should go to IRev and log in to check the result in Ekiti. One of the polling units there has an image of a lady in a bathroom as an election result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9S9huXL-80

2 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
lhordspy:

Oga. This thing was straightened out by Femi falana himself. Go and sit down.
Femi na supreme court? You should say that the supreme court has ruled that the FCT is not a requirement. Not Falana

Section 134 of the constitution states that a candidate will be declared winner of a presidential election if he has “(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja

It's there in black and white. Make I translate am to another language?

6 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by worldclass68(m): 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
lhordspy:

They re children....so emotional.

2 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by alsudan: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Femi na supreme court? You should say that the supreme court has ruled that the FCT is not a requirement. Not Falana

Section 134 of the constitution states that a candidate will be declared winner of a presidential election if he has “(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja

You get time Dey educate them.

They sabi pass their masters way de desperately shop for 25% in Abuja.

8 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Drealman20: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Everyone should go to IRev and log in to check the result in Ekiti. One of the polling units there has an image of a lady in a bathroom as an election result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9S9huXL-80

Ibo etiti in the east has an Igbo lady too as election result...
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:

You get time Dey educate them.

They sabi pass their masters way de desperately shop for 25% in Abuja.

I try my best. Knowledge is free. However the Application of knowledge is a different matter altogether.

1 Like

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by wegevv: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2023
lhordspy:

You and senatordave1 aka garfield1 need to stop reading the constitution in your tribal language. It is very clear.

If you're confused ask chatgpt grin

PS: Anyone but APC ❤️

3 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by 9jii(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:

Prepare for 8 years
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Throwback: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2023
Parachoko:

Speak to him in the language he will understand.
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by lhordspy: 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:

Go and read section 299 and stop fooling yourself.

2 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Upworkwriter007(f): 7:22pm On Feb 27, 2023
alsudan:

FCT is considered a state.
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by YorubaSamurai: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2023
Obidiotts are stupid
Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by wegevv: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
FCT is considered a state.

So why doesn't it have gubernatorial elections?

You want a candidate that scored less than 25% in FCT to appoint a minister that will essentially govern the territory?

God bless our constitution. Anyone but APC ❤️

2 Likes

Re: APC Desperate For 25% In Abuja by Parachoko: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joseph Mbu Two Sons Rusticated From Ukraine University / Yorubas Are Jealous Of Ndi-igbo / Happening In Kano Now!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.