Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ... (569 Views)

She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / My Wife Lives With Lover, But I Still Want Her Back’ / Am I Still A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by BrownCarton: 7:36am On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks
Re: ... by weyreypey: 7:42am On Jan 01, 2019
BrownCarton:
I recently arrived from overseas for a vacation in Nigeria. I am very well independent where I stay abroad, have a career, an apartment, car and pay my bills and I take care of my self and support my family when needed. So we wen to the east for couple of days holidays. One of those days, I left for a wedding about 2.5hrs away. Told them it was 1hr away to avoid too much talk. Unfortunately, after the wedding, I couldnt come back home as it was already late, so slept over in a lodge there. Now, came back the next morning to my folks shouting and screaming at me... Bla bla bla. i m now wondering why they will be imposing a curfew on me, like why do they want to monitor my movement? Doesn't make sense. Pls i want to know your opinion on the matter
Did you inform them you'll not be coming back that night? Or you just irresponsibly chose to sleep out without informing the people at home?
Lastly why did you think you must or had to lie to your family about the distance of travel? Quite irresponsible behavior!

1 Like

Re: ... by BrownCarton: 7:58am On Jan 01, 2019
weyreypey:

Did you inform them you'll not be coming back that night? Or you just irresponsibly chose to sleep out without informing the people at home?
Lastly why did you think you must or had to lie to your family about the distance of travel? Quite irresponsible behavior!
I told them I actually wouldn't be coming back.. But said it later that evening via phone when it was already late. About lying about distance? My folks are toooooo controlling. I travel a lot with night and morning shifts where i m based overseas, but they like to know my every move here in Nigeria. They will say I should not go if i told them the actual distance
Re: ... by tripplephi: 8:41am On Jan 01, 2019
Welcome to NIGERIA, people who love you are SCARED but express it by shouting and strong words BECAUSE of the social vices we have.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE CURFEW, it is because you are not from here, you just came in and that makes you and whomever you stay with a TARGET for the evil men in this country called ROBBERS to either use you for RITUALs, OR Kidnap you and demand a ransome, OR JUST ROB your entire household and rape whomever they can.

So kindly put yourself in their shoes, they are the ones responsible for you when you are in NIGERIA.... this is a festive season that preempts a political season so the COUNTRY IS HOT..... watch your movements because you may be followed or someone in the area may have informed some wrong person's about your arrival and movements..... SO BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU.

Don't practice your abroad lifestyle here, because you may have to get robbed, or kidnapped or injured to learn the bitter lesson of vigilance.

with that said.... GO AND APOLOGIZE TO THEM.
I HOPE YOU LEAVE THIS COUNTRY SOON.

BrownCarton:

I told them I actually wouldn't be coming back.. But said it later that evening via phone when it was already late. About lying about distance? My folks are toooooo controlling. I travel a lot with night and morning shifts where i m based overseas, but they like to know my every move here in Nigeria. They will say I should not go if i told them the actual distance

5 Likes

Re: ... by i1: 8:56am On Jan 01, 2019
tripplephi:
Welcome to NIGERIA, people who love you are SCARED but express it by shouting and strong words BECAUSE of the social vices we have.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE CURFEW, it is because you are not from here, you just came in and that makes you and whomever you stay with a TARGET for the evil men in this country called ROBBERS to either use you for RITUALs, OR Kidnap you and demand a ransome, OR JUST ROB your entire household and rape whomever they can.

So kindly put yourself in their shoes, they are the ones responsible for you when you are in NIGERIA.... this is a festive season that preempts a political season so the COUNTRY IS HOT..... watch your movements because you may be followed or someone in the area may have informed some wrong person's about your arrival and movements..... SO BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU.

Don't practice your abroad lifestyle here, because you may have to get robbed, or kidnapped or injured to learn the bitter lesson of vigilance.

with that said.... GO AND APOLOGIZE TO THEM.
I HOPE YOU LEAVE THIS COUNTRY SOON.

one cannot add more to what you have said. even the people you went with might be planning for you. we are in a country where people are desperate for money. last year a returnee was kidnapped and killed, May that not be our portion.
go back, apologize to them and try as much as possible for them to know your movements. if not for anything but security.
PS, if something had happened to you where do you think they will start looking for you from? is it one hour or 2.5 hours away? to say the least that was quite irresponsible of you sha.

3 Likes

Re: ... by BrownCarton: 9:03am On Jan 01, 2019
i1:

one cannot add more to what you have said. even the people you went with might be planning for you. we are in a country where people are desperate for money. last year a returnee was kidnapped and killed, May that not be our portion.
go back, apologize to them and try as much as possible for them to know your movements. if not for anything but security.
PS, if something had happened to you where do you think they will start looking for you from? is it one hour or 2.5 hours away? to say the least that was quite irresponsible of you sha.
I am here to learn. I m still wondering what alternatives i would have used than lying about how far where I am going to is. Normally, i don't share my personal life with my parents. Infact, i don't consider us that close, probably due to the controlling upbringing style. What are the alternatives?
Re: ... by weyreypey: 9:30am On Jan 01, 2019
BrownCarton:

I am here to learn. I m still wondering what alternatives i would have used than lying about how far where I am going to is. Normally, i don't share my personal life with my parents. Infact, i don't consider us that close, probably due to the controlling upbringing style. What are the alternatives?
Apologize to them. And develop strong emotional intelligence to understand what they are going through
Re: ... by positivedaveyy(m): 9:32am On Jan 01, 2019
My guy, this is Nigeria oh.. Don't go and learn your lesson in a hard way. Listen to your people cos they are in the best position to advice you and tell you what's going on around that area. Traveling at night especially for someone that just came from overseas is not safe at all.. Use your head oh before we hear another story.
Re: ... by sisisioge: 9:50am On Jan 01, 2019
They clearly do not have ransom money! Sit your azzz at home! Hian!
Re: ... by weyreypey: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: ... by i1: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
BrownCarton:

very simple be honest upfront. tell them where you are going and with who and what time you will Br back. they cannot say don't go all they need to know is your likely whereabouts. and if there is a delay let them know and if possible give them another contact person.

(1) (Reply)

Post A Selfie With Your Mum To Celebrate Mothers Day. / Hlelp! What Could Be The Problem? / What Family Do You Wish For Instead Of Your Own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.