Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

See How I Started My New Year. Wow - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See How I Started My New Year. Wow (1893 Views)

Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? / Help Me Welcome My New Princess to the World / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Tinosa: 11:15am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year my people! A friend of mine came to me begging that they were in dire need in their house and dey were finding it difficult to feed their children. (I know them well and they have been going thru some bad debt issue the husband found himself for over a year now) So she needed urgent loan that she was expecting some money d following day (which was yesterday). I hate seeing ppl suffer and in need cos I'm usually in such situation at times so i cant help but give. So I loaned 13k out of d ONLY 15k hoping to get it yesterday. I'm left without a dime And now she no come fit see d money give me back again, d place she was expecting money from yesterday failed her. I can't even go out because I have nothing on me right now. Pls how do I ask for my money politely so it won't spoil d good I've done??
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Izabel(f): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Reason I don't like lending, hard to get back.
I'd rather give than lend out

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by hahn(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2019
Tinosa:
Happy new year my people! A friend of mine came to me begging that they were in dire need in their house and dey were finding it difficult to feed their children. (I know them well and they have been going thru some bad debt issue the husband found himself for over a year now) So she needed urgent loan that she was expecting some money d following day (which was yesterday). I hate seeing ppl suffer and in need cos I'm usually in such situation at times so i cant help but give. So I loaned 13k out of d ONLY 15k hoping to get it yesterday. I'm left without a dime And now she no come fit see d money give me back again, d place she was expecting money from yesterday failed her. I can't even go out because I have nothing on me right now. Pls how do I ask for my money politely so it won't spoil d good I've done??

Cook rice and chicken with the 3k, eat and sleep in your house. You have done a great thing to someone and their family.

Izabel:

Me neither. I only give what I can can afford to lose

7 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by chendstone01(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2019
since my mom died Christmas and new year has been messed up for me just ordinary days to me
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Taniaa(f): 11:37am On Jan 01, 2019
Izabel:
One lesson i learnt last year is--don't lend people money and if you must just zero your mind from it
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Izabel(f): 11:46am On Jan 01, 2019
post=74348574] One lesson i learnt last year is--don't lend people money and if you must just zero your mind from it[/quote]Awe i feel your pain[quote author=hahn:

Cook rice and chicken with the 3k, eat and sleep in your house. You have done a great thing to someone and their family.

Me neither. I only give what I can can afford to lose
I know right? best solution
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by EfemenaXY: 11:49am On Jan 01, 2019
Tinosa:

This is such a predictable story and the outcome isn’t surprising.

I know it’s an unpleasant feeling having to remind a “borrower” to keep to their promise but the fact is, you lent out of compassion and you really do need your money back.

Go back to her and ask her to pay your money back. Be direct and don’t beat around the bush. I.e. you might say, Morning madam (or whatever her name is), I’ve come to collect my N13k as agreed. Can I have it back now, please?

Just get straight to the point and don’t waffle by asking questions such as “how are you? How is the family?” etc. You don’t want to give her an excuse to digress with more woeful stories.

In the meantime learn from this. Never lend out what you can’t afford. It’s either you give out “dash money” or you learn to say a firm “No” disguised as “sorry I don’t have oh! Me too dey find money”!

It is well.

5 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Taniaa(f): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2019
Izabel:
Awe i feel your pain know right?
Lol they say it's small change yeah but then they forget i'm a fellow student like them anyway it's a new year old things have passed away happy new year
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by EfemenaXY: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2019
chendstone01:
since my mom died Christmas and new year has been messed up for me just ordinary days to me

So sorry about your loss.

May the good Lord comfort you and give you the strength to carry on.

It is well dear.

3 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by chendstone01(m): 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
EfemenaXY:

So sorry about your loss.
May the good Lord comfort you and give you the strength to carry on.
It is well dear.
Thank you
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Tinosa: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
I help ppl yet when I need d help, all I hear is I don't have. I still have someone out there owing me 500k because I helped d person out with 1million when things were rough for their family. Funny thing was I borrowed that money from a cooperative where I used to work back then and it was a very big risk i took because I was not even earning up to 100k just 80k. It was severe tears I used in getting back 500k to pay back to d cooperative while till today, d balance 500k was never paid, I struggled to pay it with deductions from my salary for 2yrs. Funny thing is I still see this person and family once a while but we aren't relating and things seems to be going fine for them yet am here roasting and I have 500k out there. It is well. Another one is owing me 200k and I still see her but no mention of my money. I learnt my lesson from those big monies and was really tight fisted for a while but not for long . I really love giving to people in serious need but I just don't have d means to give right now rather I'm even d one in need. It may just be my weakness
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by EfemenaXY: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tinosa:
I help ppl yet when I need d help, all I hear is I don't have. I still have someone out there owing me 500k because I helped d person out with 1million when things were rough for their family. Funny thing was I borrowed that money from a cooperative where I used to work back then and it was a very big risk i took because I was not even earning up to 100k just 80k. It was severe tears I used in getting back 500k to pay back to d cooperative while till today, d balance 500k was never paid, I struggled to pay it with deductions from my salary for 2yrs.

What is this??

~ You were on an N80k salary

~ You borrowed (probably with interest to pay back) 12.5 times your salary (i.e. N1m) to loan to someone else

I’m sorry but I’ve got to ask you this in the nicest way I can.... WERE YOU DRUNK? Or BEWITCHED perhaps??!

Funny thing is I still see this person and family once a while but we aren't relating

No surprises there

and things seems to be going fine for them yet am here roasting and I have 500k out there. It is well. Another one is owing me 200k and I still see her but no mention of my money. I learnt my lesson from those big monies and was really tight fisted for a while but not for long . I really love giving to people in serious need but I just don't have d means to give right now rather I'm even d one in need. It may just be my weakness

No, you obviously haven’t learnt you lesson as you seem to have bottomless pockets.

Look, if you really want to help others, then direct your funds to a more worthwhile cause. A cause where the beneficiaries will forever appreciate your help.

Donate to an orphanage. Sponsor a child’s education. Help purchase medical equipment for your local health centre, find ways to help the less physically abled eg the blind, mute, etc

Anything rather than throw away money at lost causes.

10 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Tinosa: 1:30am On Jan 02, 2019
EfemenaXY:

What is this??

~ You were on an N80k salary

~ You borrowed (probably with interest to pay back) 12.5 times your salary (i.e. N1m) to loan to someone else

I’m sorry but I’ve got to ask you this in the nicest way I can.... WERE YOU DRUNK? Or BEWITCHED perhaps??!

No surprises there

No, you obviously haven’t learnt you lesson as you seem to have bottomless pockets.

Look, if you really want to help others, then direct your funds to a more worthwhile cause. A cause where the beneficiaries will forever appreciate your help.

Donate to an orphanage. Sponsor a child’s education. Help purchase medical equipment for your local health centre, find ways to help the less physically abled eg the blind, mute, etc

Anything rather than throw away money at lost causes.

I'm not even in a position to help anyone at d moment but I know I will get there soon. Yea those were foolish mistakes of d past. They happened long ago and I have not made such big mistake again. All ur advice is my dream but like I said. I don't have d means to accomplish them @ d moment. It will happen @ d right time
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by SkinnyNigga: 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
forget the money.. she no go pay you back
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
Tinosa:
I help ppl yet when I need d help, all I hear is I don't have. I still have someone out there owing me 500k because I helped d person out with 1million when things were rough for their family. Funny thing was I borrowed that money from a cooperative where I used to work back then and it was a very big risk i took because I was not even earning up to 100k just 80k. It was severe tears I used in getting back 500k to pay back to d cooperative while till today, d balance 500k was never paid, I struggled to pay it with deductions from my salary for 2yrs. Funny thing is I still see this person and family once a while but we aren't relating and things seems to be going fine for them yet am here roasting and I have 500k out there. It is well. Another one is owing me 200k and I still see her but no mention of my money. I learnt my lesson from those big monies and was really tight fisted for a while but not for long . I really love giving to people in serious need but I just don't have d means to give right now rather I'm even d one in need. It may just be my weakness

This is why children should attend boarding school in their formative years. If you did, obviously you did not learn how to properly manage your resources.

2 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by ashjay001(m): 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Taniaa:
Lol they say it's small change yeah but then they forget i'm a fellow student like them anyway it's a new year old things have passed away happy new year

Well, u'll be smarter, next time

1. Never lend out, what u can't forgo.

2. Always cut down requested funds.

3. If u also don't have another source, it's better to dash out d little u can afford, if truly it was compassion that motivated u.

For this scenario, u'll just create strife, look bad and still not get ur money. For me, I will wait patiently, cos btw u n I, that cash is a gonnersad
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Ishilove: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
This aunty and her plenty tori wey no dey end. The same you came online to beg for money to celebrate Christmas for your kids, now you're here claiming you lent the last 13k with you to 'someone'.

You're supposedly a pregnant woman who ate akara, bread and water with her children less than 2months ago because hubby is going through a rough patch caused by bad debt, and you expect someone with that kind of never ending financial challenges to just give out 13k just like that?

Methinks when idleness seizes you, you seize your phone and concoct stories for our reading pleasure. SMH

1 Like

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Oyindidi(f): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ishilove:
This aunty and her plenty tori wey no dey end. The same you came online to beg for money to celebrate Christmas for your kids, now you're here claiming you lent the last 13k with you to 'someone'.

You're supposedly a pregnant woman who ate akara, bread and water with her children less than 2months ago because hubby is going through a rough patch caused by bad debt, and you expect someone with that kind of never ending financial challenges to just give out 13k just like that?

Methinks when idleness seizes you, you seize your phone and concoct stories for our reading pleasure. SMH
FBI grin

1 Like

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Ishilove: 2:13am On Jan 03, 2019
Oyindidi:
FBI grin
Nairaland stories
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Tinosa: 2:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Ishilove:

Im not going to deny that I asked for money here and it didn't mean I Will remain in that begging state. I wasnt happy doing it if u must know! That u didn't lend me a helping hand didn't mean that someone else (not here though) didn't or I couldn't get it myself (genuinely). I was in a rily tight corner when I did that. Why are u surprised I'm loaning out 13k? I can give d LAST KOBO in my hand to help a begger or a motherless child depending on d persons situation because I'm not you. I don't need to have thousands or millions to help someone in genuine need that's where ppl get it wrong. I don't owe u any explanation of how I got money and Im sure u are aware that i didn't make this post to beg for money. And if u read my post well, I clearly stated that I give to ppl in need because I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE BROKE AND HAVE NOTHING as I usually find myself in such state at times. U have not seen grass to grace stories. things may be bad for someone for a while but when its time for situations to turn around for good for that person or family, nothing can stop it. I don't waste time cooking up stories what will I gain? So keep digging about me madam inspector general of police grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Ishilove: 2:57am On Jan 03, 2019
Tinosa:

Im not going to deny that I asked for money here and it didn't mean I Will remain in that begging state. I wasnt happy doing it if u must know! That u didn't lend me a helping hand didn't mean that someone else (not here though) didn't or I couldn't get it myself (genuinely). I was in a rily tight corner when I did that. Why are u surprised I'm loaning out 13k? I can give d LAST KOBO in my hand to help a begger or a motherless child depending on d persons situation because I'm not you. I don't need to have thousands or millions to help someone in genuine need that's where ppl get it wrong. I don't owe u any explanation of how I got money and Im sure u are aware that i didn't make this post to beg for money. And if u read my post well, I clearly stated that I give to ppl in need because I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE BROKE AND HAVE NOTHING as I usually find myself in such state at times. U have not seen grass to grace stories. things may be bad for someone for a while but when its time for situations to turn around for good for that person or family, nothing can stop it. I don't waste time cooking up stories what will I gain? So keep digging about me madam inspector general of police grin grin
Madam storyteller, keep posting fiction for our reading pleasure. Different stories of brokeness that never come to an end.

Instead of doing edifying things with her time this one is busy spamming the section with fairy tales. You can dash money out, and the same vein you can also come online to beg. The irony

3 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Taniaa(f): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2019
ashjay001:

Well, u'll be smarter, next time

1. Never lend out, what u can't forgo.

2. Always cut down requested funds.

3. If u also don't have another source, it's better to dash out d little u can afford, if truly it was compassion that motivated u.

For this scenario, u'll just create strife, look bad and still not get ur money. For me, I will wait patiently, cos btw u n I, that cash is a gonnersad
thanks
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by EfemenaXY: 8:44am On Jan 03, 2019
Ishilove:

What??!!! shocked shocked

So you mean this narrative is nothing but a pack of lies?? sad

Some people sha. Anyway I must admit she’s a poor liar story teller as some things didn’t really add up. I mean who in their right senses, on a supposed salary of N80k goes out of their way to borrow N1m (with interest to pay back) only to loan abi dash it out to someone else without collateral?

Story for the gods.

@op: there’s nothing wrong with weaving a web of lies / fairytales for entertainment. It’s called creative writing. But it doesn’t belong here. Next time unleash your inner passion for fiction in the Literature Section.

We promise we’ll still be thrilled...

1 Like

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by EfemenaXY: 8:51am On Jan 03, 2019
Tinosa:

Stop trying to defend the indefensible. Doesn’t make you look good.

Next time use the Literature Section. The Family Section is for people seeking advice to real life problems. Genuine issues. Not for illogically-thought-out and make-believe fantasy tales.

2 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Ishilove: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2019
EfemenaXY:

What??!!! shocked shocked

So you mean this narrative is nothing but a pack of lies?? sad

Some people sha. Anyway I must admit she’s a poor liar story teller as some things didn’t really add up. I mean who in their right senses, on a supposed salary of N80k goes out of their way to borrow N1m (with interest to pay back) only to loan abi dash it out to someone else without collateral?
Methinks she is bored and comes up with these stories at the height of it.

@op: there’s nothing wrong with weaving a web of lies / fairytales for entertainment. It’s called creative writing. But it doesn’t belong here. Next time unleash your inner passion for fiction in the Literature Section.

We promise we’ll still be thrilled...

LMAO!

2 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Tinosa: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
Chai! I'm done arguing with ishilove and efemenaXY I can see that I will just waste my time convincing any of u two that my stories are true because u already concluded on me and don't even care if am telling d truth or not. embarassed Una husbands go tire for una because una must sha dey try win every argument for house. No argue forget say na dem be d head of d house sha tongue

2 Likes

Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Ishilove: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
Tinosa:
Chai! I'm done arguing with ishilove and efemenaXY I can see that I will just waste my time convincing any of u two that my stories are true because u already concluded on me and don't even care if am telling d truth or not. embarassed Una husbands go tire for una because una must sha dey try win every argument for house. No argue forget say na dem be d head of d house sha tongue
Na you sabi.
Re: See How I Started My New Year. Wow by Tinosa: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
Ishilove:

Na you sabi.

Sabi na you grin

(1) (Reply)

Being A Single Mother Or Being Married And Unhappy. / Marriage Is Not Pleasant To Me Please Advise / Between Her Husband And Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.