Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? (31395 Views)

My Girlfriend Threaten To End Our Relationship Because Of Her Pastor / I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This / I Need Advice Regarding A New Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by UnconventionalT: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
Copied smiley

"I am a Nigerian student living in Scotland, A Nigerian Christian guy got in touch with me via WhatsApp and asked for a relationship, saying he got my number off a church whatsapp group that I haven't been to for almost a year now. He said he's prayed about me and God has told him we are good to go. He is a student too.
I was single at the time and haven't been with a Christian brother before, so I decided to give it a chance. It's roughly 2 months and I am at the point where I want to quit.

We got talking on the platform and also through calls, about a week into our relationship/talking stage he asked me to come to his place and cook for him so he can have enough food for the coming week. I was surprised because we hadn't even seen each other at that at time. I told him I cannot, he made a big deal out of it and said stuff like it's not a big deal for me to do that as his wife to be. We got over that and arranged to see for the first time, he suggested my house and I said I don't feel comfortable with either of us seeing for the first time in our houses and we finally concluded on a Bugger King outlet which isn't far from my house. This didn't go well with him tho.

We met for the first time and talked, after that he said he wanted to know my place as it isn't far from Burger King. He came to my place and stayed in my bed till around past 10pm, he tried touching and kissing, I told him I wasn't comfortable and he needed to leave because of time. He got annoyed said his intentions was to stay over at my place, he already told his housemate he isn't coming back home and it's so late now to go back. I told him I cannot allow him sleep at my house for the first time we're meeting, I have a small single bed and you intentionally didn't even say you'd sleep over before. He grudgingly left and dropped 3 packs of youghurt and a bag of unfried chips which I later discovered where all expired at the time he dropped them.

I told him about it and he made a mess out of the situation. He attends a pentecostal church and critisizes other churches, he doesn't really believe in adult taking responsibility for their actions as the devil is most likely responsible for everything, we simply have to pray against the devil.
He's asked for sex multiple times in less than 1 month, I stopped talking to him one time for about 2 weeks and we picked up again. He said he doesn't have to penetrate, we can do every other things to satisfy our flesh. He said doing all that with him is the proof of my love for him which I have strongly disagreed. Sex isn't a prove of love, we are adults and can have protected sex with anyone without loving them.
The only single thing I enjoy about him is that we communicate well, he talks a lot too and that makes our communication half argument, he finds fault in any little thing and blows it out of proportion. I have told him I don't have strength for argument in marriage since we won't be arguing over minute things that get him pissed off now.

Both of us have been getting multiple 12 hours night shifts from work and two nights ago, he asked me what he was going to eat when he gets home the following morning, I knew he was up to something. I told him I can't say, we don't live together and I don't know what you currently have at home. I suggested he buys bread on his way back home. He then asked me to cook for him to eat the following morning, I sincerely let him know I have no soup or stew myself. His response changed and he later called me on same subject, citing how I don't care enough about him to be concerned about how he is gonna eat since he's been working few nights now, he compared himself to a married man that always brings food to work at his workplace. Even gave the guy his phone to talk to me, that one too said I should do things in my power to make my man happy.

I tried to make him understand he isn't married and it might be difficult to enjoy what his married frnd is enjoying. Youve never bought me foodstuff, you haven't worked before and sent me 50 pounds or less for groceries, we are both working night shifts and I sort my own food, why are you angry I can't make out time out of my rest period to come cook at your house to stuck your fridge?

I have been in relationship where I cooked, I personally enjoy cooking, but I have never been with a man that feels to entitled to me doing that for him. He says I'm supposed to be the one cooking for him. He also believes in women abroad sharing bills, but he is too traditional to share house chores"

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
UnconventionalT:
He's asked for sex multiple times in less than 1 month, I stopped talking to him one time for about 2 weeks and we picked up again. He said he doesn't have to penetrate, we can do every other things to satisfy our flesh. He said doing all that with him is the proof of my love for him which I have strongly disagreed. Sex isn't a prove of love, we are adults and can have protected sex with anyone without loving them.
The only single thing I enjoy about him is that we communicate well, he talks a lot too and that makes our communication half argument, he finds fault in any little thing and blows it out of proportion. I have told him I don't have strength for argument in marriage since we won't be arguing over minute things that get him pissed off now.
Both of us have been getting multiple 12 hours night shifts from work and two nights ago, he asked me what he was going to eat when he gets home the following morning, I knew he was up to something. I told him I can't say, we don't live together and I don't know what you currently have at home. I suggested he buys bread on his way back home. He then asked me to cook for him to eat the following morning, I sincerely let him know I have no soup or stew myself. His response changed and he later called me on same subject, citing how I don't care enough about him to be concerned about how he is gonna eat since he's been working few nights now, he compared himself to a married man that always brings food to work at his workplace. Even gave the guy his phone to talk to me, that one too said I should do things in my power to make my man happy.
I tried to make him understand he isn't married and it might be difficult to enjoy what his married frnd is enjoying. Youve never bought me foodstuff, you haven't worked before and sent me 50 pounds or less for groceries, we are both working night shifts and I sort my own food, why are you angry I can't make out time out of my rest period to come cook at your house to stuck your fridge?
I have been in relationship where I cooked, I personally enjoy cooking, but I have never been with a man that feels to entitled to me doing that for him. He says I'm supposed to be the one cooking for him. He also believes in women abroad sharing bills, but he is too traditional to share house chores"
Relationship 419! All the bells going off up and down yet she is still considering him? Ok naw! undecided

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by izonborn098(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
If u happen to be my blood sister and everything u write there is true then don't get close to that guy again since u haven't share any deep emotion with him..

199 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by talented321: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
With my weed...
RED FLAGS
1. Sentimental and over religious.
2. Entitle mentality.
3. Desperation..
I'd this feeling that guy just want to bleep u..
That ur guy can cheat on u and blame devil, i once dating one church and over religious girl that always play the victim game and blame devil for everything..
On a second thought maybe he is serious to marry u..
All i have for u is becareful with that manchi...

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by UnconventionalT: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Relationship 419! All the bells going off up and down yet she is still considering him? Ok naw! undecided
Later they will say Nigerian women are divorcing abroad. I live here and see how some married women work multiple exhausting night and day shifts just to make up bills with their husbands, still find time to do house cooking, cleaning and taking primary care of the kids.
This kind of man will do wrong in his marriage and ask his wife to pray about it, use Bible verses to justify his actions as well.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
UnconventionalT:
β–  Later they will say Nigerian women are divorcing abroad. I live here and see how some married women work multiple exhausting night and day shifts just to make up bills with their husbands, still find time to do house cooking, cleaning and taking primary care of the kids.
This kind of man will do wrong in his marriage and ask his wife to pray about it, use Bible verses to justify his actions as well.
He is already doing her wrong even before marriage, so the question should be when will Nigerian women in Nigeria wake up to realize that this Marriage of a thing should not be by force? Imagine a woman slaving away in the name of marriage. No be curse be that? undecided

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
I only read up to the second paragraph. I no get the patience to read nonsense. It doesn't take rocket science to know this guy is no good. Dump him!

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by UnconventionalT: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
talented321:
With my weed...
RED FLAGS
1. Sentimental and over religious.
2. Entitle mentality.
3. Desperation..
I'd this feeling that guy just want to bleep u..
That ur guy can cheat on u and blame devil, i once dating one church and over religious girl that always play the victim game and blame devil for everything..
On a second thought maybe he is serious to marry u..
All i have for u is becareful with that manchi...
Lol, how did you know this? The original post is so long I had to cut some out. The lady said the guy asked for permission to be with a former housemate that likes him for sex, since she as a future wife isn't ready for that. This was during their 2 weeks break sha, but he didn't do it after he realized he had to start a marathon church fasting and prayer around that period. Still blamed the lady for what he suggested too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by UnconventionalT: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Exodus15v11:
I only read up to the second paragraph. I no get the patience to read nonsense. It doesn't take rocket science to know this guy is no good. Dump him!
Thats why I find it funny when some NL men bashes older single ladies for being unmarried. In many cases sef it's not like these women aren't seeing men at all, but are they worth the stress?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Mindlog: 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
Waving red flags.

If he wants his fridge stocked with variety of cooked Nigerian meals, there are many Nigerian female students out there who are very willing to go cook for him, just making sure all that is needed for the cooking has been bought already or he gives the lady money to buy them and pays her Β£50 to do the actual cooking and if tries any touchy-touchy on the lady, he knows he will be getting some slaps.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by TimT: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
All I have to say is this ...

It's better to remain single than to be in a toxic/bad relationship....

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2023
UnconventionalT:
β–  Thats why I find it funny when some NL men bashes older single ladies for being unmarried. In many cases sef it's not like these women aren't seeing men at all, but are they worth the stress?
undecided
TimT:
All I have to say is this ...It's better to remain single than to be in a toxic/bad relationship....
Paying attention to the rants of misguided Nigerians whose only major guidance seems to come from their dicks is a quick way to get oneself wrapped up in confusion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by flokii: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
It's like I will port to this section now and leave politics one side.. I've been reading a lot of captivating stories here lately.

@OP Why the night shifts?. Una no dey sleep for night??
It's not a must you accept every invitation for friendship or romance.. If you can't be free around someone or feel unnecessary pressure, simply quit the relationship and go back to your normal life. Love will find you where you least expect.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by sholay2011(m): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
I don't know about you OP, but that man you call a fiance ain't born again or a true Christian. lol

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by 2goodbobo(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
He’s just after what is in-between your legs. Run!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
I no follow. How does your comment relate with mine? I know I called her a "dummy" but I did so for not cutting off the guy, such as the moment he asked her to visit his house to cook for him, then him taking her out to Burger King of all places, then him following her to her house, smdh. She deserves to be called a dummy but I wasn't and I'm not bashing her for being single and unmarried. Besides, the female in the post didn't give her age at all in the post, so how did you jump from A to Z? Lol.

The guy in question is the person who is not worth the stress. From reading the first two paragraphs alone, dude has a lot of audacity but it's naive ladies like her who give them audacity.

UnconventionalT:

Thats why I find it funny when some NL men bashes older single ladies for being unmarried. In many cases sef it's not like these women aren't seeing men at all, but are they worth the stress?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by drnoel: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

"I am a Nigerian student living in Scotland, A Nigerian Christian guy got in touch with me via WhatsApp and asked for a relationship, saying he got my number off a church whatsapp group that I haven't been to for almost a year now. He said he's prayed about me and God has told him we are good to go. He is a student too.
I was single at the time and haven't been with a Christian brother before, so I decided to give it a chance. It's roughly 2 months and I am at the point where I want to quit.

We got talking on the platform and also through calls, about a week into our relationship/talking stage he asked me to come to his place and cook for him so he can have enough food for the coming week. I was surprised because we hadn't even seen each other at that at time. I told him I cannot, he made a big deal out of it and said stuff like it's not a big deal for me to do that as his wife to be. We got over that and arranged to see for the first time, he suggested my house and I said I don't feel comfortable with either of us seeing for the first time in our houses and we finally concluded on a Bugger King outlet which isn't far from my house. This didn't go well with him tho.

We met for the first time and talked, after that he said he wanted to know my place as it isn't far from Burger King. He came to my place and stayed in my bed till around past 10pm, he tried touching and kissing, I told him I wasn't comfortable and he needed to leave because of time. He got annoyed said his intentions was to stay over at my place, he already told his housemate he isn't coming back home and it's so late now to go back. I told him I cannot allow him sleep at my house for the first time we're meeting, I have a small single bed and you intentionally didn't even say you'd sleep over before. He grudgingly left and dropped 3 packs of youghurt and a bag of unfried chips which I later discovered where all expired at the time he dropped them.

I told him about it and he made a mess out of the situation. He attends a pentecostal church and critisizes other churches, he doesn't really believe in adult taking responsibility for their actions as the devil is most likely responsible for everything, we simply have to pray against the devil.

This one was not relationship in the first place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by UnconventionalT: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Exodus15v11:
I no follow. How does your comment relate with mine? I know I called her a "dummy" but I did so for not cutting off the guy, such as the moment he asked her to visit his house to cook for him, then him taking her out to Burger King of all places, then him following her to her house, smdh. She deserves to be called a dummy but I wasn't and I'm not bashing her for being single and unmarried. Besides, the female in the post didn't give her age at all in the post, so how did you jump from A to Z? Lol.

The guy in question is the person who is not worth the stress. From reading the first two paragraphs alone, dude has a lot of audacity but it's naive ladies like her who give them audacity.

I'm really confused with this quote, I was actually buttressing your first comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by UnconventionalT: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
flokii:
It's like I will port to this section now and leave politics one side.. I've been reading a lot of captivating stories here lately.

@OP Why the night shifts?. Una no dey sleep for night??
It's not a must you accept every invitation for friendship or romance.. If you can't be free around someone or feel unnecessary pressure, simply quit the relationship and go back to your normal life. Love will find you where you least expect.

Many recruitment agencies here in UK pays more for night shifts, might be 1 or 2 pound more than day shift depending on the employer.

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by faithfull18(f): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2023
Christian brother indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by bigl: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
Run oooo!

Break up at the speed of light!

All the red flags are popping up all over your face ....

UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Stargirl13: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

This is what Nigeria men want from Women's reasons Frustrated Nairalander men always bashed Nigeria women at any slightest opportunity.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 13, 2023
Arrrrrrrh

Entitled Boy Mentality ! grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by minakom: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Better calm down
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
He said he doesn't have to penetrate, we can do every other things to satisfy our flesh.

All shades of everything wrong in this relationship.

Run πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ oooo

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by ValarDoharis: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
You cannot love what you hate!
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Peterpaul96: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lol
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Iseoluwani: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin you
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by obawinner(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
lacks the foundation of a fruitful relationship from the onset.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Shelter100(f): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
Not enough sufficient grounds.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by koxovab7(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
You better call it off

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / What Happens To The Engagement Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.