Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

New Year, New Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Year, New Me (377 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Year, New Me by Kemistab20: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2019
BY
Abdullahi Abdulrahman

NEW YEAR, NEW ME
But the «new you» you go about hawking, wouldn't come to past, if you didn't have a solid blueprint.

Yes, it's invariably the commonest line for most people in the new year, however, something never changes. Yet we all have inside of us this yearning to have nice, new, or exciting things. Hence, a reflect on the saying– Easily said than done...eqn(i)

In evaluating the past year, social media has become the only DE FACTO platform for friend(s) to easily express their social cristism or remorse. Posts or Memes of how FRIEND(S) ruined their whole year got a daily upsurge.

Of the truth, life is nothing without friendship, but, true friends are self-selected. It shouldn't be forced. We ought to embrace it with spontaneity!

Many a person falls victim because they tend to choose their friend based on the swing of their desires, so undesirably– the money lovers, fabric borrowers, partying, you name it. And you thought it would be a happy ending?

In the end, you keep wailing of ur wrong choices, your excesses. Thereafter, you got depressed and as such blocks the flow of creative ideas. You then SURVIVE at the CIRCUMFERENCE of LIFE, instead of LIVING at the CENTER
of YOUR BEING. Then, you turn to God for a better "new year".

During this pastime, if not your wailings, how much of you or of your time, were given to the most high(God)? Exceeding small or not at all?!. Hmm...God of mercy!

But hey! We are a reflection of those we miggle with. Miggle with lions and you will mirror their strength and grace (Simple logic does it). And you will have your eqn (i) change to eqn (ii)—Hardly said than done.

Conclusively,
* YOU ARE YOU, and, I AM I
* Kill that EGO
* Shun bad company
* Stop being indecisive
2019 is already great for all earthlings.
Re: New Year, New Me by Thobiy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Well said, just be who you are YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Angelic Interpretation Of Number One (1) / A Lifetime Revenge (episode 8) / High Quality Content Writers Are Urgently Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.