Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons (8196 Views)

My Experience With All Night Reading a.k.a Till Day Break / My Experience With All Night Reading A.k.a Till Day Break / "Obtaining" Is Now A Culture In Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by titiloyeblog: 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
nathpope:

how do you download the ebooks?

what websites?

We can help in uploading your ebooks for download on https://www.titiloyeblog.com/search/label/Download%20Ebooks
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
Reading edifies the mind.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sogah: 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by MetroBaba1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

For those who want to see a remarkable difference in their thinking and life this 2019, you can start by reading these books and putting them to practice.

Remember if you do not put to practice that which you have read, how different are you from a man who has not read?

For the evidence of knowledge is in the results you produce;

Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
The Magic of Thinking Big - David Schwartz
The Jewish Phenomenon - Steven Silbiger
The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace Wattles
As a Man Thinketh - James Allen

Please, I need this book pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by JuanDeDios: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
khattab008:
Recently started reading again with a focus on self improvement/development books, as against my usual - novels, and it has been great. I plan to read as many books as I can this year.

Thanks for the reminder OP.
Both are good actually. SI/D books teach you how to develop a success mindset, while fiction teaches you about the human character while giving you depth when you don't even realise it.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Cardiojosh(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nice one op
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by khattab008: 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
JuanDeDios:

Both are good actually. SI/D books teach you how to develop a success mindset, while fiction teaches you about the human character while giving you depth when you don't even realise it.

Never thought about it from that perspective, Thanks for the insight.

Will try to get my hands on Dan brown's lastest book - Origin, seems like it'll be a good read.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
With more topics like this making front page, it'll definitely be a tremendous year.

2 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by chibowobbed(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Best write up I've read yet this year.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Ikennablue(m): 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
nathpope:

how do you download the ebooks?

what websites?
type this in your browser

PDF The Jewish Phenomenon - Steven Silbiger.

click on d link with pdf and it will be downloaded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Sirdy48(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Oluwaseyi00:
I Made this amazing personal discovery sometimes back, which is..

The way a charger charges your phone is the way reading sharpens your brain.

You don't believe?? Try reading consecutively for a month
And

Your brain will be smokin' hot.
mind recommending?
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by kunleiky(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
This thread is mind-blowing. Reading is a form of treasure- hunting.
One of the best I've ever come across here.
Ops you're the real mvp

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Focusmind: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Not just reading, you have to read books that will impact your intellectual ability. It is not about reading James' Hardy chase or all these make believe romantic novels.

Watch good TV documentaries, read news article and journals. Be current in the world affairs.

Watch good TV interviews of influential people, discovery channel, NATGEO and intelligent debates.

These are the totality of things that enriches one's knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Ozkar: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Focusmind:
Not just reading, you have to read books that will impact your intellectual ability. It is not about reading James' Hardy chase or all these make believe romantic novels.

Watch good TV documentaries, read news article and journals. Be current in the world affairs.

Watch good TV interviews of influential people, discovery channel, NATGEO and intelligent debates.

These are the totality of things that enriches one's knowledge.
oga there's nothing wrong with reading Chase novels or other works of fiction. Clearly you aren't exactly the reading type.

The fact that you think works of fiction worthless doesn't make them so. They are mostly brilliant and help stimulate the mind. They also help enrich your vocabulary with words you wouldn't hear/read in documentaries, talk shows, news articles and journals.

One can learn something from reading nearly anything. Even silly Nairaland comments can help shed insight into how people think.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Kayceenaz(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
Electricboy:

boss i tried to study today....no motivation ....I just can't bring myself to study...I have sent you a mail..maybe we can chat on WhatsApp
Okay, let's address that. Chat me up right away on Instagram at kaycee_naze
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Kayceenaz:

Okay, let's address that. Chat me up right away on Instagram at kaycee_naze

boss i don't do Facebook and Instagram
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Meel: 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Kayceenaz:
I love reading to the extent it has become a part and parcel of me. Going a whole month without reading engenders in me withdrawal symptoms typical of addicts. I feel restless, unhappy, intellectually hungry, and dissatisfied. One of the unpopular benefits is speaking older than your age and ability to flow with those decades ahead of you biologically. They may even forget you aren't their contemporary. grin
Reading is slaying!
Do you mind sharing name of books you read??
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by hansomb: 9:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Knowledge is the root of all success. Nice article.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Kayceenaz(m): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Meel:
Do you mind sharing name of books you read??
Some of them are Becoming Like Jesus: Your Key to Abundant Living by Gbile Akanni (a must read), The Monk Who Sold His Ferari by John Sharma, 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell, Think Big by Ben Carson.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Kayceenaz(m): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Electricboy:

boss i don't do Facebook and Instagram
Okay.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Damicares:
But what should I read? Novels, motivational books, school books or what exactly
if u wanna b a world class novelist, then focus on novels like a laser.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sugarcoatedhoni: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2019
MetroBaba1:

Please, I need this book pdf

Get the book here

https://www.growthguided.com/as-a-man-thinketh-ebook-download/
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by MetroBaba1(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

Get the book here

https://www.growthguided.com/as-a-man-thinketh-ebook-download/

Downloaded. Thank You Sir.

If possible, recommend other Good Books please.

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sugarcoatedhoni: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2019
MetroBaba1:

Downloaded. Thank You Sir.

If possible, recommend other Good Books please.

You can download this too;

7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-e7477076.html
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Oluwaseyi00(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2019
Damicares:
But what should I read? Novels, motivational books, school books or what exactly

Define your focus and get materials that will help you excel in it, that's the best thing to read

I read novels for leisure, and not a serious kinda reading.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by Oluwaseyi00(m): 11:58am On Jan 02, 2019
Sirdy48:
mind recommending?

Depends on what you actually want..

I have lotta references, be precise.
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by MetroBaba1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

Thank You Baba. I have this book

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by MetroBaba1(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

Please Boss, do you have the following Book? Very Difficult to get online

1. How To Get What You Want - Wallace D. Wattles.
2. The Science of Being Great - Wallace D. Wattles
3. The Science of Being Well - Wallace D. Wattles

Your Reply Please
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by sugarcoatedhoni: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
MetroBaba1:

Please Boss, do you have the following Book? Very Difficult to get online

1. How To Get What You Want - Wallace D. Wattles.
2. The Science of Being Great - Wallace D. Wattles
3. The Science of Being Well - Wallace D. Wattles

Your Reply Please

Download these great books here;

1. http://www.erichuber.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/HowToGetWhatYouWant_Wattles.pdf

2. https://www.theangelwhispers.org/beinggreat.pdf

3. http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Wallace%20D.%20Wattles%20-%20The%20Science%20of%20Being%20Well.pdf

Make sure to read and assimilate, don't just save them to occupy phone or computer space.
Cheers...
Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by MetroBaba1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
sugarcoatedhoni:

Download these great books here;

1. http://www.erichuber.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/HowToGetWhatYouWant_Wattles.pdf

2. https://www.theangelwhispers.org/beinggreat.pdf

3. http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Wallace%20D.%20Wattles%20-%20The%20Science%20of%20Being%20Well.pdf

Make sure to read and assimilate, don't just save them to occupy phone or computer space.
Cheers...

I'm very much grateful Sir. Surely, that's the Aim.

This 2019, I no come play.
2018 thought painful Lessons.
Thank You Baba.

1 Like

Re: Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons by HisGrace0000001(m): 4:45am On Jan 05, 2019
Kayceenaz:

Some of them are Becoming Like Jesus: Your Key to Abundant Living by Gbile Akanni (a must read), The Monk Who Sold His Ferari by John Sharma, 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell, Think Big by Ben Carson.
Kindly share the link to download think big and becoming like Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unibadan 2012/2013 Pgd Forms / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria / Abdul Samad Rabiu’s ASR Africa Supports 22 Universities And Tertiary Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.