Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production (13268 Views)

Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State / Fire Outbreak At Abakaliki Rice Mill Company (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Vulcanheph(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
All this one na talk.... As long as I still by 1 cup 100 naira
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by AFONJACOW(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
grin grin

Nigerians would rather eat Rice stored in silos for years from Thailand.

We like anything "foreign".

We like to attend foreign hospitals while we have " state-of-the-art" hospitals, if I lied, ask Akpabio, Buhari, Metuh and others.

We prefer to vacation abroad while we have uncountable sites that can rival such foreign places. If I lied, ask Chika Ike, our celebs and even few nairalanders that can afford it.

please I don't want to lose my teeth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Nitah1: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
morule20:
Good one
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by israelmao(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

Either way control your effing birth rate!
It's new year have something better to do than bandying words with anybody.
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
Joromi12:
Who dey eat local rice self
me can't remember when last I ate FR
I now despise FR

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
ironheart:
See wisdom, these guys will still repatriate our money back to India.
bless you bro, I was thinking also. how is this a Nigeria rice mill when the money will go back to India to develop their country. those guys are smarter than us
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Nitah1: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Kano-based Amarava Rice Mill says it is targeting to record 500 tonnes of daily production by June, just as it hits 250 tonnes to boost local self-sufficiency. Mr Subhash Chand, the Indian Deputy High Commissioner in Nigeria, made this known to newsmen on Tuesday in Abuja

NAN recalls that the multimillion Naira state-of-the-art rice mill, owned by an Indian national, was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in Kano in December 2019. The diplomat gave the assurance that the production capacity of the mill was being expanded to hit 500 tonnes by June.

He added that the investment was part of the overall efforts of the High Commission to help Nigeria attain self-sufficiency in rice production. Chand said that India was supportive of Nigeria’s efforts to fully localise rice production, disclosing that many Indian companies were already among the leading millers in Nigeria.

He disclosed that the mill was built with machineries fabricated in Nigeria with local contents by Indian and Nigerian technological experts. “India has been maintaining good relationship with Nigeria and will continue to do so. “Through Nigeria-India’s cordial relationship, Indian investors are already investing in Nigeria to achieve self-sufficiency in rice production,’’ he said.

Chand noted that technical partnership was another area of mutual benefits to the two nations. NAN reports that in 2017, Nigeria’s rice consumption stood at 7.9 million tonnes while the production rate has increased to 5.8 tonnes per annum from previous 5.5 million tonnes due to Federal Government’s local rice production policy.

The Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN) attributed the increase to the CBN’s Anchor Borrowers Programme with a total of 12 million rice producers and four million hectares of FADAMA rice land cultivated.

NAN reports that Amarava Agro Processors Limited, a subsidiary of Fullmark Group was established at Amarawa Village, Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano State, with an initial 288 metric tonnes daily capacity. NAN recalls that Buhari said at the inauguration that Nigeria’s continued dependence on rice importation had put a strain on the economy as well as the nation’s food flow. Buhari added that a substantial amount of the nation’s foreign exchange went into rice importation yearly, noting the mill will help Nigeria to progress towards food self-sufficiency.

NAN reports that the bilateral trade between Nigeria and India between 2017 and 2018 was touching $12 billion (about N4.3 trillion), which can be expanded by both countries.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/nigeria-rice-mill-hits-250-tonnes-daily-production/
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Ikpongiton: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
we de hear am for news,we no de see am for eyes
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Khanben: 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
This is a welcome development, but for those waiting for this to affect existing prices SORRY. Nigeria imports about 2.6 million tonnes of rice yearly for the last three years. This company is just producing 150000 tonnes in a year (again thumbs up to them). But for nigerians to feel the effect on price then we need at least 20 rice mills with 500+ tonnes daily capacity.
So for the big picture we still have a long long way to go till domestic rice autonomy.

PS: All this is assuming the data presented is actually correct.
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by nte31(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
It's a lie, it's not possible

We the PDP online miscreants believe APC has bribed the vanguard newspaper to print this story cheesy

We only believe it if the caption has read something like "Nigerian rice plantation is burning"

Or "bokoharam stops farmers from working"

Or at least, if the figures were extracted directly from a reputable source like the Official "Boko haram twitter page " grin

Please don't forget to calculate obituary cheesy
mehnn you no well
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by mormoney85(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
grin grin

We like to attend foreign hospitals while we have " state-of-the-art" hospitals, if I lied, ask Senator Akpabio, President Buhari, Olisa Metuh and others.

We prefer to vacation abroad while we have uncountable sites that can rival such foreign places. If I lied, ask Chika Ike, our celebs and even few nairalanders that can afford it.

the problem is why should local and foreign rice be almost same price if we dont eat d foreign d local will become thirty thousand a bag
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by MikeBetty(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
grin grin

We like to attend foreign hospitals while we have " state-of-the-art" hospitals, if I lied, ask Senator Akpabio, President Buhari, Olisa Metuh and others.

Despite The Increase In Production, Did It Bring Down The Price Of Local Rice? Foreign Rice Was #8500 In 2015, Then Local Was Between #6500 And #7500. Until Local Rice Goes For #10,000 Per Bag, All Na Trash.
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by ajl: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Lazy Nigerians. Our greedy business elites can't even run an ordinary rice mill. An Indian national had to come down thousands of miles to risk his money in a country filled with lazy, complacent and unproductive people, and a "criminal political class.
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by anzaku47(m): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Yet we still don't have sufficient for our consumption. This is Nigeria!! Happy new year to my fellow Nairalanders
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by ironheart(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Oma307:

bless you bro, I was thinking also. how is this a Nigeria rice mill when the money will go back to India to develop their country. those guys are smarter than us
bro that is it. We decided not to import indian rice, the guys said no problem, they followed us to our country to collect the money then take back to there country
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by ironheart(m): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
mormoney85:
the problem is why should local and foreign rice be almost same price if we dont eat d foreign d local will become thirty thousand a bag
ss2 economics bro, demand and supply. The demand for local rice is more than the supply. So price must go up
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Amedeo: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hello Nairaland
My name is Adebayo Hammeed.
I am planning to start a business but I lack enough capital to empower myself. I would be grateful to anyone who can help me with anything little. May God bless you as you think this through. Act- 0158604221 gtbank
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by wink2015(m): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Kano-based Amarava Rice Mill says it is targeting to record 500 tonnes of daily production by June, just as it hits 250 tonnes to boost local self-sufficiency. Mr Subhash Chand, the Indian Deputy High Commissioner in Nigeria, made this known to newsmen on Tuesday in Abuja

NAN recalls that the multimillion Naira state-of-the-art rice mill, owned by an Indian national, was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in Kano in December 2019. The diplomat gave the assurance that the production capacity of the mill was being expanded to hit 500 tonnes by June.

He added that the investment was part of the overall efforts of the High Commission to help Nigeria attain self-sufficiency in rice production. Chand said that India was supportive of Nigeria’s efforts to fully localise rice production, disclosing that many Indian companies were already among the leading millers in Nigeria.

He disclosed that the mill was built with machineries fabricated in Nigeria with local contents by Indian and Nigerian technological experts. “India has been maintaining good relationship with Nigeria and will continue to do so. “Through Nigeria-India’s cordial relationship, Indian investors are already investing in Nigeria to achieve self-sufficiency in rice production,’’ he said.

Chand noted that technical partnership was another area of mutual benefits to the two nations. NAN reports that in 2017, Nigeria’s rice consumption stood at 7.9 million tonnes while the production rate has increased to 5.8 tonnes per annum from previous 5.5 million tonnes due to Federal Government’s local rice production policy.

The Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN) attributed the increase to the CBN’s Anchor Borrowers Programme with a total of 12 million rice producers and four million hectares of FADAMA rice land cultivated.

NAN reports that Amarava Agro Processors Limited, a subsidiary of Fullmark Group was established at Amarawa Village, Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano State, with an initial 288 metric tonnes daily capacity. NAN recalls that Buhari said at the inauguration that Nigeria’s continued dependence on rice importation had put a strain on the economy as well as the nation’s food flow. Buhari added that a substantial amount of the nation’s foreign exchange went into rice importation yearly, noting the mill will help Nigeria to progress towards food self-sufficiency.

NAN reports that the bilateral trade between Nigeria and India between 2017 and 2018 was touching $12 billion (about N4.3 trillion), which can be expanded by both countries.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/nigeria-rice-mill-hits-250-tonnes-daily-production/

Nice one.

But I will not take the Kano state government seriously.

Kano state takes the biggest share of federal allocation by virtue of having more local government council more than Bayelsa state that has only 8 local government council and is contributing funds to federal treasury.

The way Kano state is oppressing crude oil producing niger delta region the same way Kano state is oppressing vat contributing state like Lagos state.

Lagos state is generating revenue from vat from alcoholic beverages through brewery companies.

These allocation is shared among states in Nigeria.

However, Kano state outlawed the selling and consumption of alcoholic drinks especially among its Muslims indigene or population.

A regulating structures called the Hisbah corp was set up to punish offenders.

But the biggest question that prickle our mindset is why Kano state must continue to receive alcoholic consumption tax money when they are at the same time the one that is fighting the brewery industry by using the Hisbah corp to raid beer supplying trucks and destroy bottles of beer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Shawnnn01: 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
wink2015:

Nice one.

But I will not take the Kano state government seriously.

Kano state takes the biggest share of federal allocation by virtue of having more local government council more than Bayelsa state that has only 8 local government council and is contributing funds to federal treasury.

The way Kano state is oppressing crude oil producing niger delta region the same way Kano state is oppressing vat contributing state like Lagos state.

Lagos state is generating revenue from vat from alcoholic beverages through brewery companies.

These allocation is shared among states in Nigeria.

However, Kano state outlawed the selling and consumption of alcoholic drinks especially among its Muslims indigene or population.

A regulating structures called the Hisbah corp was set up to punish offenders.

But the biggest question that prickle our mindset is why Kano state must continue to receive alcoholic consumption tax money when they are at the same time the one that is fighting the brewery industry by using the Hisbah corp to raid beer supplying trucks and destroy bottles of beer.
This your Igbotic wailing is brand new 2019 style. Please tell me what state btw Bayelse or Lagos are you from that your wailing is more than the bereaved ?
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by Bacita3030: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
When will 1bag of rice equal to #8000? at least return the price b4 u leave office.
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by jamace(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bacita3030:
When will 1bag of rice equal to #8000?
at least return the price b4 u leave office.
Ask them o.
Until I see price of a 25 kg bag of rice at N8,000, I will take this news as propaganda as usual.
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
grin grin

Bros all this local rice production na hogwash
Re: Nigeria Rice Mill Hits 250 Tonnes Daily Production by olerismith(m): 2:05am On Jan 02, 2019
lies, has the price of rice come down drastically, all this na wash. until the price is available and affordable by the poor man in the street. Government is just lying to gullible Nigerian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Register A Trademark In Nigeria / Intercontinental Group Threatens To Pull Out Of Nigeria / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.