Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (24666 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by OpenYourEyes1: 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Terrorism:
Hi everyone, I have been a Nairalander for over 9 Years now and I have gained immensely from this forum,thank you so much for making nairaland fun.

I am a man in my early 20's, I am into cinematography and video editing, I all also a staff of a global Christian missionary University with over a thousand locations around the world, God has been good to me this year,even though there are times of lows, but God redeemed me,now here is my the challenge I am facing right now.

I am a diploma holder in mass communication,I offer my cinematography services to a church as a part time staff in Lagos, the job requires me to be present during the 2 church service times in a week and 1 extra day for not more than 2 hours, translating to me being present 3 times in a week, the pay,which is 40k,to me, is averagely okay for the job as #500 takes me to the church and back,from where I live,additionally,I also freelance and work for various other media houses, I have been offered employment by some but I am not into this everyday Job thing where I will be insulted, so I prefer to be my own boss,I stay alone on the Island in a relatively good area, I also work with a big missionary organization with over 1000 locations, which affords me to staff in any of their locations of my choice around the world, last year,I felt it in my spirit to go to the German location of the organization and work there,by the way,the work is completely voluntary,no pay is offered,you just have to give 5 hours of your time to the work and can take as much day off as you want, I applied and did every process required of me and I have been sent an invite,fastfoward to late 2018,I began to feel like staying back in Nigeria and starting up a business of my own,I am thinking about poultry business for now,then I met this cacausian lady I really do love,and she does love me too,we see a future together and most tines,share jokes about how we will live after marriage, she was offered an admission in another state after waiting for years for it but she is reluctant to take it as it will take her far away from me even tho I have promised to visit her often,she is bent on staying back in Lagos.

Now,meeting this lady has also influenced the urge to stay back and start up something in Nigeria, but I also really feel like the grass will be greener over there as I have been told by friends over there, that IT and any technical experience pays well there as there are opportunities.

Please help me,should I stay back or should I leave?

I am scheduled to leave in June 2019,please ignore any typo or errors.

You could travel (legally) if you need to but don't make a foreign land your home.

A sensible person should invest back home in order to have something to fall back on incase of crisis in the foreign land.
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Ademola121(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nothing can thrive here unless you belong to the political class

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Peter4luv: 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
nairalee:
1) Your decisions in making it in life should not be dictated by emotions
2) Women come and go. Some are actually very special and worth it. But no woman is worth substituting one's destiny for
3) You're still in the early stage of the relationship when it's still "shacking" you. Don't buy the cake cos of it's icing but the substance that lay within
4) No matter how rosy and sweet it may seem today. If u don't make it in life your relationship with her MAY later turn sour
5)Till you're married to a lady, she's still anyone's game. You may end up losing her in NYSC camp after you've spent ur chicken money to sponsor her. We read that on nairaland every other month.
5) Except you're starting BIG it makes no sense substituting an IT opportunity overseas for poultry in Nigeria
6) Nigeria= 1 Caucasian rushing you. Europe= 100 Caucasian, 50 Mongoloid, 70 Negroes rushing u.

Do the math
baba you get mouth your word uplifted my heart..

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Codes151(m): 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
It’s your choice but all I know is a well planned trip n little hustle out there pays better!
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
Terrorism:
Hi everyone, I have been a Nairalander for over 9 Years now and I have gained immensely from this forum,thank you so much for making nairaland fun.
9 freaking years
You have been a Nairalander since you were a kid?
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by 12345baba(m): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Leave the shithole
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by greenprince(m): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Terrorism:

I am a man in my early 20's, I am into cinematography and video editing, I all also a staff of a global Christian missionary University with over a thousand locations around the world, God has been good to me this year,even though there are times of lows, but God redeemed me,now here is my the challenge I am facing right now.

I am a diploma holder in mass communication,I offer my cinematography services to a church as a part time staff in Lagos, the job requires me to be present during the 2 church service times in a week and 1 extra day for not more than 2 hours, translating to me being present 3 times in a week, the pay,which is 40k,to me, is averagely okay for the job as #500 takes me to the church and back,from where I live,additionally,I also freelance and work for various other media houses, I have been offered employment by some but I am not into this everyday Job thing where I will be insulted, so I prefer to be my own boss,I stay alone on the Island in a relatively good area, I also work with a big missionary organization with over 1000 locations, which affords me to staff in any of their locations of my choice around the world, last year,I felt it in my spirit to go to the German location of the organization and work there,by the way,the work is completely voluntary,no pay is offered,you just have to give 5 hours of your time to the work and can take as much day off as you want, I applied and did every process required of me and I have been sent an invite,fastfoward to late 2018,I began to feel like staying back in Nigeria and starting up a business of my own,I am thinking about poultry business for now,then I met this cacausian lady I really do love,and she does love me too,we see a future together and most tines,share jokes about how we will live after marriage, she was offered an admission in another state after waiting for years for it but she is reluctant to take it as it will take her far away from me even tho I have promised to visit her often,she is bent on staying back in Lagos.

Now,meeting this lady has also influenced the urge to stay back and start up something in Nigeria, but I also really feel like the grass will be greener over there as I have been told by friends over there, that IT and any technical experience pays well there as there are opportunities.

Brother, we have a lot in common. I'm in my early 20s and a cinematographer as well (even though not totally a fan of premiere pro you all love. I prefer Davinci Resolve and hitfilm).
If I'd advise you as a young man who understands your plight, I'll say leave Naija, it's a win-win for you.

You can still run whatever business you want from Europe and make your profit. You sound like someone who knows what he's doing, so job won't be an issue for you. You'd be well paid and you'll earn more than enough money as long as you're willing to learn and work hard. A friend of mine worked just in summer break of less than 2 months and made equivalent of about 220k in Naira as a student for a job with zero experience and reasonable working conditions even though we're in a country with relatively very low income.
You'll get better opportunities and bring out the best in you over here.
As for the lady, I know it will be difficult but you have to be realistic. There's no commitment yet and anything could happen, she could fall for another guy tomorrow. If it's meant to be, heaven will ensure you find your way back to each other. For now, put emotions to bed and pray for God's wisdom. I hope you make the best decision bro.

7 Likes

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by geezynoni: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
Jaapa
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Peter4luv: 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
geezynoni:
Jaapa
go london abi na Germany sef..
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by philip0906(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Felixv:

So what's happening in the picture?
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Beblessedbaba: 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
I cant give your more than 20 reasons of why you should go.. When you see
a. Oil firm workers earning average of 1.8 - 3m naira monthly have relocated to other countries and are regreting why they did not relocate early than this. An entire unit of an Oil service firm just relocated to Canada on an individual basis.
b. Bankers of reputable firms with enough bonus have relocated and more are still relocating.
c. No law maker worth his salt has his entire family here in Nigeria.... If they are here they already have secured citizenship of other countries, are in the process or have settled their children over their. Please if in doubt check out your local representative at your state assembly or national assembly. where are his or her family especially children... Even your local Agbero Nurtw leaders/chapter chairmen are relocating or relocated their families either through education to USA and France.

Do you still need the reasons...

In other veins, you can stay back in Nigeria especially now that your village people have your attention.

Dont blame yourself in 20 years time if your kids eventually ask you why did you stay back in a so called developing economy rather than a developed economy. Ofcourse you will be able to explain to them why you prefer to be citizen of a 3rd world country rather than a 1st world country...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by greenprince(m): 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Satan66:
The thing people don't understand is that you need a good education and a reasonable certificate to get a job abroad.
You can't just enter and make millions in minutes.
I will make it here in Nigeria before moving out.
Hopefully around 2028.

That's not true. If you wrote WAEC yourself and can defend your distinctions, you're fine. You won't make millions but you'd be better off millions on the same level back in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by DATMAT(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bros, Please leave the country stop thinking like a baby, the Caucasian girl can wait perhaps she know nothing about marriage,
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Never take advice from anyone on how to live your life; that will be a death sentence to your inner light.

I cherished mistakes made via my personal decision; they strengthen my confidence. I only make sure such is not repeated.

Put more (if not all) of your energy in what motivates you, it gives better grounding and meaning to life than any other forms of possession.

Finally, success has nothing to do with location; it's like body odor and it depends on individual definition of it.

3 Likes

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Jtmanager(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
nonye6194:

Biko connect us with the missionary body. We sef wan volunteer leave this country

LmAO.
I don Google am sef already.
I go submit my application soon.
Make this guy de preach about one Caucasian kini cool cool

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Felixv: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
philip0906:

So what's happening in the picture?

the guy has started building his own house....probably missed that part

the main point is that -it is possible to make money in this country through hard work and determination

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Divinerose(f): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
U better think well 'cos its too early for someone at your age to be thinking of a wife...the right thing to think of for now is how to lay a good foundation for your future...
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Jtmanager(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
Timekeeper:

before you leave if u will be leaving.. I will be glad if u can train me in this ur job.... 1. u will be helping another man to work with his hands and feed
2. if u leave, u need sumone with ur signature to fill up ur place...

I beg and I hope to see you reply........ I'm a final year student and I don't Wana wait for school. so chifu(Master), can I be your student?

I learn fast

pls sir

Blasttttt LmAO

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by philip0906(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Beblessedbaba:
I cant give your more than 20 reasons of why you should go.. When you see
a. Oil firm workers earning average of 1.8 - 3m naira monthly have relocated to other countries and are regreting why they did not relocate early than this. An entire unit of an Oil service firm just relocated to Canada on an individual basis.
b. Bankers of reputable firms with enough bonus have relocated and more are still relocating.
c. No law maker worth his salt has his entire family here in Nigeria.... If they are here they already have secured citizenship of other countries, are in the process or have settled their children over their. Please if in doubt check out your local representative at your state assembly or national assembly. where are his or her family especially children... Even your local Agbero Nurtw leaders/chapter chairmen are relocating or relocated their families either through education to USA and France.

Do you still need the reasons...

In other veins, you can stay back in Nigeria especially now that your village people have your attention.

Dont blame yourself in 20 years time if your kids eventually ask you why did you stay back in a so called developing economy rather than a developed economy. Ofcourse you will be able to explain to them why you prefer to be citizen of a 3rd world country rather than a 1st world country...

@bolded
Succinctly put!
These are the exact same reasons I give when peeps ask questions like the OP

2 Likes

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by deltateam: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
boboLIL:
na woman wan influence your decision? a Nigerian woman? year one student? good luck....

He said Caucasian. Oyibo woman. Wife material 1000 yards

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by deltateam: 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
Divinerose:
U better think well 'cos its too early for someone at your age to be thinking of a wife...the right thing to think of for now is how to lay a good foundation for your future...

Babe its not too early anything. I wish I had the exposure and finances to marry at 22 years am now 30s and still nothing yet.

Time waits for nobody. I remember some dude telling me years back I was still young but dude later married young and doing fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Timekeeper: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Jtmanager:

Blasttttt LmAO
and what does that mean
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by maursatt: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
My brother, travel if you want to. The truth is that things will certainly change for you compare to what it is now on the positive side, but don't be fool to think that you are going to continue with your professional career, your career might not see the light of the day again.
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by kristop4all(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
latexxbro:

what people don't really understand is 'Your education don't REALLY matter abroad, what matter is what you have to offer mainly'
God bless you my brother...

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by abuhusna1: 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Op if anything must hold you back don't let it be woman cos at the slight of opportunity the woman will dump you and move with another man. But if I will advice its better you move out of Nigeria cos no business thr worth tieing u down as it will be emulated and your profit will reduce drastically

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by nom44311: 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
greenprince:

Brother, we have a lot in common. I'm in my early 20s and a cinematographer as well (even though not totally a fan of premiere pro you all love. I prefer Davinci Resolve and hitfilm).
If I'd advise you as a young man who understands your plight, I'll say leave Naija, it's a win-win for you.

You can still run whatever business you want from Europe and make your profit. You sound like someone who knows what he's doing, so job won't be an issue for you. You'd be well paid and you'll earn more than enough money as long as you're willing to learn and work hard. A friend of mine worked just in summer break of less than 2 months and made equivalent of about 220k in Naira as a student for a job with zero experience and reasonable working conditions even though we're in a country with relatively very low income.
You'll get better opportunities and bring out the best in you over here.
As for the lady, I know it will be difficult but you have to be realistic. There's no commitment yet and anything could happen, she could fall for another guy tomorrow. If it's meant to be, heaven will ensure you find your way back to each other. For now, put emotions to bed and pray for God's wisdom. I hope you make the best decision bro.

You should listen to this guy...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by jcpremiere(m): 9:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Terrorism:

My brother, from what you wrote i perceive that the caucasian lady is the reason why you are in between. You need to seriously weigh your options, relocating abroad will give you an advantage YES! On the other side, putting a structure to your business here in Nigeria can also help you make more money.... So think through these first without " LADY CAUCASIAN", I know love is sweet but...
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by BigIyanga: 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
40k a week or month? Your life sounds sounds like an average person with average results..
Also, I think you’re fascinated with an illusion of comfort when it’s provided and paid for another companies. What’s the benefit of telling us about an organization with 1000 locations and still expects you to volunteer our resources? Why can those organizations sponsor for a course/degree in cinematography abroad?
As per a white lady, dont stall her dreams all in the name of love. Love doesnt pay no bills.

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by incogni2o: 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
WIZDOM081:
Go listen to Adekunle Gold Iree

[/b]the grass is greener at the other side, that's what I thought before I took the ride........
[b]

Going abroad will just delay your achievement in life, although isn't easy in Nigeria but abroad mindset will make you think to have big money before you come back and invest which is going to take you times and delay your family and your other lifestyle.

Guy....Stay and invest to start your life,,,,, when money come you can go there for vacation

This is my mentality too, I think it's better to stay here in naija and invest into the future if you have the means.

You can go out for some time though or better still get a remote job but have something you can invest into here in naija when you get there.

Travel out for vocation when you have the money, it might be later later oh! But it will come.

Nothing much out there especially nowadays with the changing times.

Travelling out permanently will at least take 5 years to settle down and find your feet.

Before thinking of settling down.
Before thinking od Marraige.
Before thinking of establishing something here in naija.
Before thinking of retirement.
Before thinking of the future.

Please with our lawlessness here in Nigeria, Things may still be easier for the hardworking and focused.

1 Like

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Originalsly: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
Terrorism:

I also really feel like the grass will be greener over there as I have been told by friends over there, that IT and any technical experience pays well there as there are opportunities.

I guess they'll wait until you get there to tell you the opportunities are for those with working papers and recognized certifications.
Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Do you want to serve God in Nigeria or be a dish washer abroad. Because I am not sure your skill is a critical skill needed abroad and your Nigerian education puts you on the least to be considered. Do you actually think you will get a visa for 5 hour volunteer work in Germany? Lols, I am not sure. Please consult and ask the right questions. I think you need some more mentoring anyways not an advice. Anyone starting a business with the mindset of being their own boss is on the failure path obviously.

5 Likes

Re: Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Terrorism:

You have already decided to leave naija, My brother Na lust just dey confuse you, eliminate that out of the equation & this ur nagging will not even be here in the first place.

As for me I have no plans to settle in a foreign land, this is Something I decided personally, So my brother you should also make you own decisions. After all we are not the ones living ur life.

Chao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Julius Berger Commences Repair Works On MCC, Onitsha Pedestrian Bridge(photos) / Photos Of Pilots Killed In The Air Crash / Trailer With Bamboo Falls Across Road In One Man Village, Nasarawa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.