Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds (4447 Views)

800 Mind Blowing Facts That Will Absolutely Make Your Day After Knowing / Great Discoveries And Mind Blowing Facts(graphic Pictures) / Mind Blowing Facts- Picture Collection 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by 24hoursreporter: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Birds are amazing creatures. There is always a lot to learn about birds. Some have claws on their winds while others have the ability to recognize human faces

In fact, the more you read about birds, the more interesting things you find out about them. In this articles, you will learn about 7 mind blowing but controversial facts about birds.

Keep reading to discover some of the things you never know about different bird species.

7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds

1. Chicken And Ostriches Are The Closest Modern Relatives To Tyrannosaurus Rex

One of the mind Blowing But Controversial facts about birds is that chicken and ostriches are closely related to Tyrannosaurus Rex. Tyrannosaurus is one of the largest carnivorous Dinosaurs.

Scientists have always suspected a link between dinosaurs and modern birds. However, a 2008 publication published in the Journal science found molecular evidence according to Smithsonian Magazine.

2. Baby Hoatzins Have Tiny Claws On Their Wings

Hoatzin is a specie of tropical bird that is common in swamps, riparian forests and mangroves of the Amazon. Hoatzins are also called reptile birds, skunk bird, stink bird and Canje pheasant.

Baby hoatzins have tiny claws on their wings. The claws help them to climb. Outside the claws on their wings, they also have on their feet. This makes it easier for the chicks to climb.

According to Audubon , having claws in the wing is a safety feature for Hoatzins chicks. Since their nests are mostly in trees that overhang water, they can easily hop down into the water when predators hunt them, and climb the tree back when it is safe.

However, once the Hoatzin chicks are matured, the claws will disappear. This is due to the fact that they don’t need the claws again, once they start flying.

#3. Crows And Ravens Are Extremely Intelligent

Crows are exceptional species of birds. They can do incredible things you can’t even imagine. According to National Geographic, crows can use tools and solve logic puzzles.

Also, Scientists believe that ravens may even pre-plan their task. Ordinarily, this is a trait most people thought it was exclusive to human beings in the past.

Without doubt, crows and ravens are the smartest birds on earth. They may have tiny brains, but they often outsmart children and apes.

#4. Pigeon Can Recognize Human Faces

One of the mind blowing but controversial facts about birds is that Pigeons can recognize human faces. Let me blow your mind a little, do you know that pigeons can learn how to read? Oh No! you don’t, after all I am not the only surprised person here.

In a Paper published in the Proceedings of the National Academy Of Science, scientists established that pigeons can learn to recognize around 50 words. Also, they can distinguish words from non words.

#5. Ospreys Carry Their Prey In A Specific Way To Maintain More Balance In The Air

Generally, Ospreys love catching fresh fish. And they prefer taking their fish close to their nest before eating it. But most times, it is often difficult to transport their prey home as it may affect their balance in the air.

So, Ospreys know how to carry their to maintain balance in the air. They do this by situating their fish in their grasp, so that it is aerodynamically streamlined as possible.

#6. Parasitic Jaegers Gather Foods By Stealing It Directly From The Mouths Of Other Birds

Parasitic Jaegers will never go and search for their own food. Rather, they will wait somewhere especially in the sea and steal foods directly from other birds’ mouth.

What they do is to chase other small birds in the sea and harass them into dropping the food they have caught for themselves. And then eat it. They don’t just like stressing themselves, they rely on other birds effort to feed.

#7. California Condors Have Very Big Wingspans And People Often Mistake Them For Aircraft

California condors are very strange species of birds with big wings. In fact, these birds are often mistaken for small aircraft due to the size of its wind.

The birds’ winds is 9.5 feet and as at 1987, the population of Condors in the world was just 22 birds. However, they were captured and placed into a captive breeding program.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/01/7-mind-blowing-but-controversial-facts-about-birds/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
dominique

5 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by 24hoursreporter: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
Birds are indeed amazing creatures.
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by stalwart123(m): 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
grin

That's why they transformed to birds craftly

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
One day, a long time ago, after consuming plenty cannabis, I observed fowls nearby and a light bulb lit up (full current) in my brain and I instantly realized these guys were mini dinosaurs, T-Rex in particular. I should have just shut up. I had to open my big mouth. I related my observation to my buddies and they attributed it to highness. angry

I hope they see this post.

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Homeboiy: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Wasa da kaza, ba aberi yanka
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Yinkey6(m): 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Really mind blowing especially number 3.

But Op, you totally forgot "EDO BIRDS"
"Edo Birds" are highly sensitive and knows when someone in the community wants to progress in life, they quickly gather together at their meeting point and strategies how to make that person miserable. They're familiar birds and answers names like "Uyiii, naijaboiy, Nosa, Oghogho, Osasuwa, frenzyduchess, BeeBeeOh, martineverest, ReneeNuttall, Loveth Akugbene (Owè sà.... Kpò) and Nowamagbe"

"Edo Birds" are very intelligent flyers and can travel from Ring Road to Italy within 45 minutes.

Isè L' Ogbè!!! grin
cheesy
JasonScoolari:

"Edo Birds" are highly sensitive and knows when someone in the community wants to progress in life, they quickly gather together at their meeting point and strategies how to make that person miserable. They're familiar birds and answers names like "Uyiii, naijaboiy, Nosa, Oghogho, Osasuwa, frenzyduchess, BeeBeeOh, martineverest, ReneeNuttall, Loveth Akugbene (Owè sà.... Kpò) and Nowamagbe"

"Edo Birds" are very intelligent flyers and can travel from Ring Road to Italy within 45 minutes.

Isè L' Ogbè!!! grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by lordm(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Educative, keep it up

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Diso60090(m): 2:20am On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Isè L' Ogbè!!! grin

Na God go punish that your hand wey you use write this rubbish

Nor enter Benin again ooh if you love your self

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Nonso92(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2019
Nice post
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by naijaboiy: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Isè L' Ogbè!!! grin
LOL...you never even see anything. Better find your pastor.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2019
naijaboiy:

LOL...you never even see anything. Better find your pastor.
Lol, Happy New year Bro. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Diso60090:

Na God go punish that your hand wey you use write this rubbish

Nor enter Benin again ooh if you love your self
I dey enter Akpakpava with my babe like dis. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Diso60090(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I dey enter Akpakpava with my babe like dis. grin

You get mind this boy

Iye dey wait you
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Deckline(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Isè L' Ogbè!!! grin
Hmmm...this table wey you dey shake so,i don komot hand for your mata o.

Before oyimbo people create airloplane Edo women don dey fly..

what is the difference between aircraft and w*tchcraft?
All of them no be craft

3 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by DumaEmpire(m): 10:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Nice... Eagles self no make the list ..no wonder Nigerian super eagles are nothing to write home about
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Isè L' Ogbè!!! grin
We'll soon get to your chapter

6 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
Lol, see men eyes. grin

Abeg nor reason me. grin

I hail you sir.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Lol, see men eyes. grin

Abeg nor reason me. grin

I hail you sir.
I pour for you jare. How the merry things take go nah?

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
I pour for you jare. How the merry things take go nah?
Going smoothly, nah just one of my illegal fowl wen I plan to kill for my birthday fly fence escape.

The thing still dey pain me. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Going smoothly, nah just one of my illegal fowl wen I plan to kill for my birthday fly fence escape.

The thing still dey pain me. cheesy
You for jump fence nah, give am hot pursuit and re-escape am back into the cage cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
You for jump fence nah, give am hot pursuit and re-escape am back into the cage cheesy
Na for bathroom I take site am dey scale the fence. I almost cry...
And funny thing is that, almost every body for that my hood get spare fowl wen resemble my own.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Na for bathroom I take site am dey scale the fence. I almost cry...
And funny thing is that, almost every body for that my hood get spare fowl wen resemble my own.
na to colonize any available fowl remain for you now cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Uyiii: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari, you're a cow sha.
honestly I understood the humour in your tribal diss and I can categorically say I don't have an atom of anger about your post as regards the binis.
I am not a tribal extremist/fanatic, I am not a tribal bigot.
I actually laughed the first time I read your post and even dash you one like, so relax, no one is beefing anybody here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
na to colonize any available fowl remain for you now cheesy
I dey reason am. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Zimri(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by JasonScoolari: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
Uyiii:
JasonScoolari, you're a cow sha.
honestly I understood the humour in your tribal diss and I can categorically say I don't have an atom of anger about your post as regards the binis.
I am not a tribal extremist/fanatic, I am not a tribal bigot.
I actually laughed the first time I read your post and even dash you one like, so relax, no one is beefing anybody here.
You're dumb bro, you think we're fools here? You viewed this thread countless times waiting for the right time to drop your anger.

I know your type. Furck off and remain the hate filled shiit Uyiii.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Uyiii: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:
You're dumb bro, you think we're fools here? You viewed this thread countless times waiting for the right time to drop your anger.

I know your type. Furck off and remain the hate filled shiit Uyiii.

cool
ok.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2019

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

silence at times avoids war. @Uyii no vex...

@jason it's pointless building strife.. cheesy

PEACE smiley

@ OP what about ducks and guinea fowls?? angry angry

no comment should come after my comment angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Uyiii:

ok.

You messed up big time I swear!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:50am On Jan 03, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:

Lol,luckily I'm not am indigen.
Re: 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial Facts About Birds by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2019
Deckline:

Hmmm...this table wey you dey shake so,i don komot hand for your mata o.

Before oyimbo people create airloplane Edo women don dey fly..

what is the difference between aircraft and w*tchcraft?
All of them no be craft

Una wan use laugh remove my teeth abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of People In The World Who Got Killed By Wild Animals They Keep As Pet / Uniabuja Resumption Date Announced / Whatsapp Group-chat Created For Students Accross The Country, Ready!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.