Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

"I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G (13284 Views)

Tiwa Savage Performs On Stage In Cleavage-Baring Outfit: 'Not For Money Or Fame' / Davido's Fan Base Remains Solid In Spite Of Controversies / T-Rex, Terry G's Son Resumes School In UK (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by oyahitme: 4:44am On Jan 02, 2019
From Gistvic.com

A few years ago, popular singer, Terry G, wanted to be known as Terry Gzuz. But some music fans had felt that he was allowing his popularity to get into his head. They also felt that the new pseudonym sounded more like ‘Terry Jesus’. So they kicked against the idea so hard that the artiste had to drop it quickly or risk his hard-earned image soiled by so-called ‘religious fanatics’.

Nowadays, the singer, who appears to be obsessed with fancy names, goes about with yet another pseudonym. He is now known as Terry Genius.

Terry Genius, in a recent interview, claimed that the decision to have a change of name was due to his desire to rebrand and a need to have a better focus as an artiste. He waved aside the rumour that threats from unknown ‘religious fanatics’ had compelled him to dump the idea of adopting ‘Gzuz’ as his pseudonym.

“I did not receive any death threat for initially changing my stage name to Terry Gzuz. Sometimes people call me Terry Gzuz when they chat with me online. When they spell Gzuz as Jesus, I try to correct them immediately.“Now that I have rebranded, when the same people call me Gzuz I tell them that I have changed it to Genius. Nobody has kicked against this yet. I think they like it. They even praise me for it. Like I said earlier, I have not been issued any death threat for changing my stage name. I just want to focus on being positive,”
the artiste said.

The singer, who for one reason or another always manages to be in the news, smiled when asked if he had finally ‘stepped aside’ from the music scene to give the younger artistes a chance. Still smiling, he responded by saying that it was natural for the new crop of artistes to grab all the attention.

“The new kids on the block must always be more conspicuous than those of us who have been in this business for a long time. It does not mean that we are no longer relevant. Nevertheless, I have faced a lot of controversy in the course of my career, especially in the beginning. I did not enjoy stardom or fame because of that. I spent most of the time wading through problems and controversies. I had to withdraw into my shell at a point so as to get peace of mind. Right now, I have been able to stay away from a lot of the madness and misunderstanding in the industry, even though I was the one that started it,”
he said.

Terry G also said that his son’s presence also helped him to tone down his controversial lifestyle.

He said,
“Initially I made it seem like I love the controversies but change is constant. At the end of the day, I do not want to be a bad example to the younger generation. I thank God that I have a child because he also made me to have a re-think about my life. I had to relax and re-examine my lifestyle on and off the stage. I thank God that it is working well for me.”

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/01/i-didnt-enjoy-stardom-or-fame-because.html

1 Share

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by oyahitme: 4:44am On Jan 02, 2019
shocked
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by itspzpics(m): 4:47am On Jan 02, 2019
cheesy cheesy

Terry G Show Off His Cute Son In New Adorable Photo >>> SEE PHOTS HERE

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by jcpremiere(m): 5:12am On Jan 02, 2019
looks cool here

2 Likes

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by ArmaniUhuru: 5:15am On Jan 02, 2019
No bros. Na excess weed smoking and hard drugs cause am.

10 Likes

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by BUSHHUNTER: 5:15am On Jan 02, 2019
If you like change your name to John Terry, ur career is gone bro.

20 Likes

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by helinues: 5:17am On Jan 02, 2019
Hahahah

Which controversies? Like Tonto, 2 baba or Eedris?

It is not possible for a mad man to stay focus ( That's what you called yourself

3 Likes

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by MoxxxxO123(m): 5:18am On Jan 02, 2019
Very good
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Whobedatte(m): 5:18am On Jan 02, 2019
Remember free madness that year
That song was the bomb everywhere
Mainland finest , Terry G

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Kobicove(m): 5:22am On Jan 02, 2019
Instead you of him to just tell us that he has fallen out with the person(s) who own the copyright to the "Terry G" name he's here yarning dust undecided

2 Likes

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by sonofanarchy(m): 5:22am On Jan 02, 2019
na igbo ah na him make Terry G go Gaaga,see the fool onye ara

1 Like

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Ndkings1(m): 5:23am On Jan 02, 2019
Terry G onye nkuka Terry G onye ara

2 Likes

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Maxcollins042(m): 5:28am On Jan 02, 2019
Why should you enjoy stardom with the poor quality of music you churned out back then.

Meanwhile, who is dazzled by his impressive English quality?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Onliie(m): 5:30am On Jan 02, 2019
Your time is up since. Don't force yourself on us. Accept it. You're a dying star. Life goes on. Life is about season.
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Elnino4ladies: 5:37am On Jan 02, 2019
Terry G my Benue brother

1 Like

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Sweetcollins: 5:48am On Jan 02, 2019
The lord is your strength

Next opportunity learn to respect God...

Just cos you feel you have made it doesn't mean you can now become Jesus by adding ~~Zuz to your name to sound like him

Ask 2PAC, he will tell you more

Quote me if you are a mediocre
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 02, 2019
Occupational hazard. We all have them.
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by emmabest2000(m): 6:13am On Jan 02, 2019
It’s a pity
He sang better than wiskid thou grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by moderatedguy: 6:18am On Jan 02, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
If you like change your name to John Terry, ur career is gone bro.
Are you God?

1 Like

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Caseless: 6:32am On Jan 02, 2019
Who do we then blame for that? Just take responsibility.
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by finestlady20: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2019
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by jintex(m): 6:33am On Jan 02, 2019
emmabest2000:
It’s a pity
He sang better than wiskid thou grin

for saying this, you need to increase the size of that weed you're rolling to a jumbo size! make we see if e go make you.....

1 Like

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by cocobuter: 6:36am On Jan 02, 2019
Our Data Prices Are So Cheap.

Instant Delivery, One Seconds Is Too Much.

MTN
DATA

1GB - N565

2GB - N1130

5GB - N2500 (3 months validity)

GLO DATA

1GB - 550

2GB - #900

4.5GB - #1700

7.2GB - #2000

8.25GB - #2400

12.5GB - #3300

15.6GB - #3700 (1month validity)

AIRTEL DATA

1.5GB - #970

3.5GB - #2100

5.5GB - #2600

9MOBILE DATA

1.5GB - #1050

3GB - #2100

4GB - #2650

5GB - #3150

10GB - #6600 (1month validity)

To check your data balance

MTN - *461*3#

GLO - *127*0#

AIRTEL - *140#

ETISALAT - *229*9#

MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Airtime of any amount*

OUR CONTACT DETAILS

CALL/SMS/WHATSAPP - 0 8 0 5 4 5 1 5 7 6 1

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by IMASTEX: 6:42am On Jan 02, 2019
To succeed is one thing. To remain successful is another. . .Life for you!

Keep hustling. . .Your name nor do anything.
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 02, 2019
Eyaaa tongue
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by RZArecta2(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2019
He looks like Big Bird of sesame street in that outfit grin Anyhoos, I never bought his album, should have stuck to producing but one mans meat is another mans poison so wetin concern me cool
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by ogbenimickey: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Some people are just blessed sha,see ein lips like person wey Neva touch weed before,wish ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by toyinjimoh(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2019
it's never too late you can still rediscover your career just do a collabo with wizkid
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by SolexxBarry(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2019
You may not believe but Terry G is not a chain smoker,he smokes for fun and not a habit
Y'all dont know the things we (entertainers) do just to 2 known
Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by pascalbenz: 7:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Where dat him bell self .... Dis once upon a time mad man

1 Like

Re: "I Didn’t Enjoy Stardom Or Fame Because Of Controversies"– Terry G by SolexxBarry(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2019
toyinjimoh:
it's never too late you can still rediscover your career just do a collabo with wizkid
grin grin wizkid the career resurrector

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesse Jagz: I Don’t Listen To Other People’s Music / List Of Top 10 Hype Men In Nigeria – True Gossip / Queen Irene Onwuka Peace Foundation Celebrate School Children On Children's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.