Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists (21012 Views)

Adekunle Akinlade Rejects Ogun Governorship Election Result, Allege Manipulation / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate / Segun Odegbami Contesting For Ogun Governorship - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by chidima2019: 5:13am On Jan 02, 2019
The Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, has again stated that Adekunle Akinlade of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) will win this year’s governorship election in the state.

Amosun also advised the federal government against deploying soldiers to the state for the polls, even as he assured that the elections would be free of violence in the state.

He stated this Monday night at the New Year cross-over fanfare held at Oke-Ilewo in Abeokuta.

The governor, who was re-elected in 2015 on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and is running for the Senate on the party’s platform, is backing Mr Akinlade who moved to the APM after losing the APC ticket to Dapo Abiodun.

According to Premium Times, the ruling party’s candidate, Abiodun, is currently enmeshed in a certificate forgery scandal after being exposed for not participating in the mandatory one-year national youth service for Nigerians who obtain a first degree or its equivalent before the age of 30 years.

Amosun boasted that his protege, Akinlade, will beat Abiodun and other contestants and emerge as the next governor to take over from him in May.

The outgoing governor called on the people of the state to make peace their watchword as the elections approach. “Let us prove to the world that Ogun State is known for peace and a state which has produced a number of eminent personalities in the country,” Amosun said.

“Let us tell them that we don’t need the service of the military and police for the conduct of election because we are going to comport ourselves as peaceful people. And for the youth, don’t allow yourself to be used as political thugs. Anybody who approaches for such, tell them to bring out their children to join in the thuggery.”

As he prepares to leave office, Amosun thanked the people of the state for their contributions to the success of his administration, noting that the crossover ceremony will be his last as their governor.

He expressed optimism that the next edition of the event will be conducted by Akinlade, and he would be invited as a former governor of the state.

Amosun said he has done his bit in adding value to governance, noting that the support he got from individuals and bodies contributed to his achievements in office.

The crossover ceremony attracted a number of fun-seekers who were entertained by various artistes and musicians. Traditional rulers led by Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland also graced the occasion.

Other notable personalities at the event include Sarafa Ishola, a former Minister and Director-General, Akinlade Campaign organisation; Olufunsho Amosun, wife of the governor; Olanrewaju Bisiriyu, the Head of Service; Akinlade and Suraj Adekunbi, Speaker of Ogun State House of Assembly.

more at https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/apc-will-lose-ogun-governorship.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by helinues: 5:28am On Jan 02, 2019
And Akinlade will win bah?? Amosun working towards the path of destruction.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by yerokunphilips: 5:35am On Jan 02, 2019
All these politicians are selfish ,heartless and greedy so you want the party that brought you power because you want to impose your successor just for you to keep controlling the state after you left office . The good is that your candidate will fail .You have failed to learn from the past your predecessor did same and he lost .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by PassingShot(m): 5:35am On Jan 02, 2019
This guy’s political career is about to die.

Whatever you think of Jagaban, he’s surely a smart politician who knows when to suck it when things are not going his way (except the Ondo case when he went to attack APC Chairman on national dailies); and knows when to consolidate when he’s having the upper hand.

2019 will surely retire a lot of wannabe politicians including OBJ and Atiku.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by casualobserver2: 6:09am On Jan 02, 2019
I really don't understand why Amosun has decided that heusy have his way at all cost. Ogun State has never had Tinubu style godfather and so I don't see why he should decide that it list be him that will bring it to the state.

He could easily have dragged this then backed down and let the party have it's way with governor slow while she takes over Senate and majority of house of reps. It would have worked but now he is there with one leg in APC and now Governorship elections are too free. Anybody can win it and if care is not taken it is GNI that will take over and win. Once that happens then OGD and co are back in Oke Mosan.

Why are people so greedy like this sef?

9 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by braveboy64(m): 6:22am On Jan 02, 2019
this guy loves deceiving him self

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by aolawale025: 6:57am On Jan 02, 2019
As a governor he knows which way the wind is blowing

19 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by sotall(m): 6:59am On Jan 02, 2019
PassingShot:

Whatever you think of Jagaban, he’s surely a smart politician who knows when to suck it when things are not going his way (except the Ondo case when he went to attack APC Chairman on national dailies); and knows when to consolidate when he’s having the upper hand.

Where did you see OBJ and Atiku in the main news?

This is a new year and the earlier you deliver yourself from hatred for other people , the better and happier your life will be.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by JohnFrankling(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Okay we haff hear.
Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by LibertyRep: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2019
If not for the support of the president he enjoys , Oshiomole would have sanctioned this governor.

The election is for the ADC candidate to lose.

4 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by haffaze777(m): 7:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Chai this Amosun is something else,well we Ogun state citizen will reject ur akinlade the same way we will reject dapo abiodun

15 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Elnino4ladies: 7:54am On Jan 02, 2019
This man is overrating himself
Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:22am On Jan 02, 2019
You Wasted Ogun State Resources Because You Want To Cross Over To 2019 And You Want People To Vote For Akinlade So That You Can Be Covered Up From All Your Atrocities...

You And Akinlade Will Loose

10 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Gizer: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2019
Like for atiku, share for buhari.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Hoaxey(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2019
Good day
My name is dammy a student of Unilorin
Av been stuck in school since Xmas
My parents are no more, we start our test on the 7th
I have zero resources at my disposal to help me during the test I wouldn't be here if i had any other Option I really need your help. I am not lying If you want proof of my predicament I can show you proof. 0072808222 Diamond Bank Olaosebikan Ayodamola Segun.
Am in a such a tight corner right now anything would be highly appreciated

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by wolesmile(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2019
Confused element....
Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Topmaike007(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
You Wasted Ogun State Resources Because You Want To Cross Over To 2019 And You Want People To Vote For Akinlade So That You Can Be Covered Up From All Your Atrocities...

amen oooo

1 Like

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by fasho01(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2019
It would be a welcome development

However, it doesn't mean your anointed candidate will win in his new party cos the state is not your personal property and all your atrocities of the last 8 years must be brought to light
Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Enoch07: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2019
I say Amiii for all my brethren in ogun

1 Like

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Pavore9: 8:40am On Jan 02, 2019
"Amosun also advised the federal government against deploying soldiers to the state for the polls"....Being an insider, he knows what Buhari is capable of! cheesy

15 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Asshurbanipali: 8:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Even Bubu is going back to Daura

4 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Mercy68: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2019
Amosun we am behind you on this ...Until jubrin or bubu return to daura there will be no peace

5 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Biodun1929(m): 8:42am On Jan 02, 2019
Hmm

Anyway, if you want to learn how to attract money, check my signature.
Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 02, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

If he was still an ARDENT APC Member
I guess you would say he didn’t waste MONEY
We are not yet ripe for DEVELOPMENT, honestly.
Most Nigerians deserve what they get

8 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Myde4naija(m): 8:45am On Jan 02, 2019
PassingShot:

with jagaban attributes his candidate could not win ondo guber election

5 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by akdjr(m): 8:45am On Jan 02, 2019
Just go to any other Catholic church around you and demand to see the reverend Father with evident that you're a student. Then explain your predicament to him.
Hoaxey:
Good day
I have zero resources at my disposal to help me during the test I wouldn't be here if i had any other Option I really need your help. I am not lying If you want proof of my predicament I can show you proof. 0072808222 Diamond Bank Olaosebikan Ayodamola Segun.

8 Likes

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 02, 2019
He Knows A P C's Method Of Rigging.Heavy Military Deployment.Thats Why He Advised The F G Not To Deploy Them To Ogun.What A Revealation?!But We Knew It All Along.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Hoaxey(m): 8:47am On Jan 02, 2019
akdjr:
Just go to any other Catholic church around you and demand to see the reverend Father with evident that you're a student. Then explain your predicament to him.

There is no Catholic Church around unless I go to school and I have no transport fare
Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Asshurbanipali: 8:47am On Jan 02, 2019
There's 100% possibility that this guy voted for disaster called Buhari in 2015. Now 3yrs later he is begging online and offline. If you help him now, he will come back with his main username to start yapping SAI BABA till 2090cheesy

Hoaxey:
Good day

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Will Lose Ogun Governorship Election, Amosun Insists by Myde4naija(m): 8:47am On Jan 02, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

cross over concert not for akinlade alone it has being the practice since inception. Plz get it right

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court / Buhari's Delayed Appointments Unsettle APC Leaders / Uyo Rally: APC Diverted N478m NDDC Fund To Rent Crowd For Buhari – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.