Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC (5293 Views)

Nigeria's Economy Grows Steadily As Oil Output Rises - Reuters / Autogas, Modular Refinery: PMB Making Conquests Steadily, Surely / In Spite Of Difficulty, President Buhari Has Been Growing The Economy - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by chidima2019: 6:07am On Jan 02, 2019
The All Progressives Congress (APC) said yesterday that emerging indices showed that President Muhammadu Buhari was slowly but steadily growing the country’s economy, explaining that it was a matter of time before its impact would start hitting the people.

But the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a related development countered the APC, saying the high rate of unemployment in the country and the 90 million Nigerians living in extreme poverty were the main legacies of the president’s over three and half years in the saddle.

Speaking on the ‘Morning Show’ of Arise TV, a sister broadcast arm of Akelicious, the Director of Strategic Communications of the APC’s presidential campaign, Mr. Festus Keyamo SAN, said Buhari’s administration is turning the focus away from a mono economy to an economy beyond oil.

Quoting a report published a month ago by Akelicious, Keyamo said the non-oil sector grew the country’s GDP by 1.8 per cent.
According to him, “This is the first time in history that the non-oil sector is adding so much to the GDP. That is how we are getting the indices right again. There is a slow but steady focus of the economy to the fundamentals.

“We are not just going to be giving handouts again. For 16 years there was no concentration on non oil sector. For 16 years there was no concentration on the building of critical infrastructures to reflect the economy.
“To put the economy back on the path of growth you have to get the macro economy right, you have to get the critical infrastructure right and rebuild them and the micro economy will begin to fall in place.

“The future of a nation, the growth of an economy doesn’t depend on momentary rise in the price of rice and beans and that is what they are using to deceive Nigerians and the ordinary people.”
When asked to comment on the endemic poverty situation in the country, the APC campaign spokesman said fighting poverty is not like moving it into a room or keeping it in the dustbin.
According to him, fighting poverty requires careful economic planning and execution of critical infrastructural projects that would help alleviate the suffering of the masses.
Keyamo said, for instance, the Mambilla hydro power project he said was abandoned by the PDP administration for over 16 is now about to start this month.
He also said that due to government’s new policy direction, the country has once again restarted local production of fertilizer, which has led to the reduction of its price from N10, 000 to between N6, 000 and N5,000.

He told Arise TV, “First, how do you arrest poverty? First of all, you have to get the macro economy correctly; you have to address the building of critical infrastructures; you have to address the issue of power, so that you can now revive the micro, small and medium scale industry that is one of the major tools around the world to clear out people who are unemployed.
“When artisans, tailors, welders begin to work optimally because there is power you will have a lot of people having jobs so now they are addressing the issue of power because we have raised it from nearly 3,900 megawatts that we found to about 7,000 megawatts.

“Rice import has dropped from 644,000 to 23,000 metric tonnes; about 95 per cent drop in the import of rice alone because of the Anchor Borrowers Program.”
Reacting to speculations that the absence of the wife of the president, Aisha, at the APC rally at Uyo in Akwa Ibom State, was evidence of her lack of support for husband’s re-election bid, Keyamo stated that the president’s wife is set to lead a campaign for the president’s re-election.
He said the president’s wife will soon begin to lead her women support group to canvass support for the re-election of her husband, adding that she is prepared to give 100 per cent in support to her husband.

Keyamo said, “She is just warming up to hit the road, I am sure you have seen the list released this morning; there is a release this morning of a youth and women support group headed by the first lady and that youth and women support group is an expanded group – more expansive than the campaign group, which comprises of people across the country and the wife of the president is just warming up to hit the road. So, just wait and see her level of support. She is 100 per cent ready and 100 percent in support of her husband and you will see her very soon in the next few days.”

More at https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/buhari-is-growing-economy-steadily-says.html

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Makito015(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2019
APC and lies cannot be separated

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by landmark86: 6:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Makito015:
APC and lies cannot be separated
Must u talk

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Makito015(m): 6:42am On Jan 02, 2019
Must u talk

See mumu

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by aolawale025: 6:45am On Jan 02, 2019
Based on the latest published statistics our growth rate is too weak to make a REAL impact.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by shachris02: 6:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Buhari is growing his pocket steadily.

from a nobody that borrowed 1million to buy form in 2014 to the owner of a Telcom and a Bank.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Jan 02, 2019
shachris02:
Buhari is growing his pocket everyday.
You read a positive good news and you started this early morning?!
Haba!!
U go wail tire child of hate!
The wailing zombie!

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,
so that you will comment and share it among your friends.......
but when you see the good news ,you pretend to be blind.
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#May OUR President Succeed 
#When Nigeria become great , you will surely see this, but..........

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by shachris02: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2019
post=74368420:

U go wail tire!

Aboki don't you have suya to sell today?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by KOLLYPROF(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2019
Steadily steadily
Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 02, 2019
Less than how many months jubril will go back to Sudan

Then the new president can kick off from where the so called mallam left off

Zombies everywhere

So many individuals will be heartbroken come this 2019 elections

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by dokyOloye: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
Yes.
He is growing it in the negative direction.
Just like his negative change.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by davibid: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
G
Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by sotall(m): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
As usual lies and propaganda from the Lying party.

You are growing the economy and people are becoming poorer everyday

You are growing the economy and unemployment is increasing astronomically everyday

Sending the dullard back to Daura is a task that must be done by all patriotic Nigerians

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
SAI BABA ALL THE WAY.

Man of the people............... the sane Nigerians that is!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by kolaaderin: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
Real growth, not the usual PDP paper growth
Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Adekdammy: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
The growth that can't be seen is not growth.

The rate of poverty in the land is enough to make apc hide their faces in shame.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
shachris02:

Aboki don't you have suya to sell today?
4+4

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Buhari 2019

Sai baba

If you ain't comfortable with his ruling, go and kill yourself
Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by googlepikins: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Buhari na scam

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Hoaxey(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Good day
My name is dammy a student of Unilorin
Av been stuck in school since Xmas
My parents are no more, we start our test on the 7th
I have zero resources at my disposal to help me during the test I wouldn't be here if i had any other Option I really need your help. I am not lying If you want proof of my predicament I can show you proof. 0072808222 Diamond Bank Olaosebikan Ayodamola Segun.
Am in a such a tight corner right now anything would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by mrtegation99(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Growing the economy into unnecessary inflation and destruction right? This is 2019. Say the truth Abeg.

As for me, LET CHINA RECOLONIZE US AGAIN. WE NEVER REACH TO BE INDEPENDENT grin

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Racoon(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
May Buhari rule the lives of APC members as the economy is today.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by helinues: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Yeah but too big to see

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 02, 2019
Hoaxey:
Good day
I have zero resources at my disposal to help me during the test I wouldn't be here if i had any other Option I really need your help. I am not lying If you want proof of my predicament I can show you proof. 0072808222 Diamond Bank Olaosebikan Ayodamola Segun.

It's too early.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by PassingShot(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2019
Racoon:
May Buhari rule the lives of APC members as the economy as It's today.
Amen.
Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by RevenGeMission: 7:15am On Jan 02, 2019
I believe things wil get better
Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by shachris02: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2019
PassingShot:

4+4

The other 4 he would spend in duara grin

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by able1993(m): 7:16am On Jan 02, 2019
You may be right but the common man says otherwise, it might be growing on paper but not real life, one of the problems of this government is that they believe the positive and reject the negative comments about their government, similar mistake of Jonathan which was his undoing.....

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by mrtegation99(m): 7:17am On Jan 02, 2019
Hoaxey:
Good day

This is what the useless APC government can do. I can feel your pain bro. Y'all should help a brother. Not all Hero's wear capes, some also do giveaway. Lol.

THIS 2019, WE GO BUY BENZ

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by KEVIND: 7:17am On Jan 02, 2019
Jobs losses, 90m in extreme poverty, your only ‘achievements,’ Atiku tells Buhari.

ABUJA- Ahead of the 2019 elections, Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has lampooned the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government , saying under its watch, the nation has witnessed massive job losses while 90 million Nigerians are living in extreme poverty.
President Muhammadu Buhari and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar

Atiku also faulted the President for claiming to have delivered on his campaign promises recently at a zonal rally in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom state capital.
In a statement signed by his media assistant, Paul Ibe and made available to journalists, the former Vice President claimed that contrary to the President’s optimism, that poverty has indeed grown worse in the past four months.

“Ironically, a day before the President made that statement, it was revealed that the number of Nigerians living in extreme poverty had increased from 87 million to 90 million in just 4 months. Going by that sharp rate of increase, the whole country will be in extreme poverty if Nigerians make the mistake of re-electing Buhari,’ he said.

According to the PDP flag bearer, “except the President made a vow to impoverish Nigerians, it is hard to see how he could have fulfilled his promises with such pervasive poverty and hunger in the land.
“This is even as the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, NBS, revealed a week to the President’s unfortunate statement that unemployment had doubled from the 14% he met it in May 2015 to 23.1% in December of 2018.”

Atiku also urged President Buhari to admit his helplessness in the fight against insurgency, noting that his claim that the Boko Haram fundamentalist sect remain defeated, is not only absurd but unfortunate.

“The most blatant insult from the President was his assertion at Uyo that ‘We have defeated Boko Haram.’ It was most insensitive of the President to have said such on a day that foreign and domestic media reported the entrapment of our gallant troops by Boko Haram/Islamic Militants in West Africa Province, ISWAP in Baga, with as much as 700 hundred reported missing.

“Even more indicting is the statement from the US based International Strategic Studies Association, which revealed that the Boko Haram insurgency was lingering due to the massive corruption around President Muhammadu Buhari.

“How would those soldiers feel, how would their families feel, how would their colleagues in the barracks feel when they are facing a life and death situation and their Commander-in-Chief is impervious to reality?” the statement added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-buhari-90m-nigerians-living-extreme-poverty/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/jobs-losses-90m-extreme-poverty-your-only-achievements-atiku-tells-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Growing The Economy Steadily, Says APC by sammyj: 7:17am On Jan 02, 2019
I still believe more is still expected from this government in order to improve the economy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maduguri Airports Is Full With Private Jets Today Of GMD NNPC Daughter Wedding / South-East And The Burden Of Endless Killings / Ogun Makes ₦29.7 Billion In IGR, Borrows ₦38.9 Billion In 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.