Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator (11054 Views)

Ogun State Ministry Budgets N900,000 For A 32" Hisense TV / Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity / Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja, Picket Power Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Freeeanijor: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2019
This is no joke. Police Station close by 6 pm, security reason.

1 Like

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Stalwert: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2019
but the article actually quoted N16.8 M not N168M

are we hell bent on faking news?
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Racoon(m): 11:46am On Jan 02, 2019
shocked When you inadvently give away your lying and cluelessness.
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by sambrow(m): 11:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Kanixt:
I pity apc followers
u don't have to pity them. Just pray for them. Any day a madman knows he's mad that's d day hè starts gaining his sanity
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by sterlingD(m): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2019
What a NATION cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by berbs: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Wahala90: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2019

1 Like

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by slowice(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2019
They ve just made a caricature of their promises yet want another chance... Heartless people
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by tungamaje: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2019
Meaning that we the masses have no hope. We should as well make budgets for our generators and fuel. Not forgetting increase in fuel price or scarcity
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by gurunlocker: 11:51am On Jan 02, 2019
Lol.. I'm not sure anything can work in this country grin grin

I wonder how much will be budgeted for Aso rock hospital and to barb the president hair grin
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by teemac01(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2019
minister of darkness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by 1stpikin(f): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2019
only in Nigeria!!!!

Pukes on the post

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by musa234(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2019
�.. Funny country !funny leaders! Funny citizens!
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by fasho01(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2019
What an irony
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by pacificman: 11:57am On Jan 02, 2019
theoldpretender:
Before we bash anyone...consider this fact.

We generate less than 7000MW of power a day. For 200m people.

Before we can stop budgeting N170m for fuel for generator....we have to generate at least 40000MW plus fix the transmision

And all this needs money.

Now, the funny thing is that most of the people bashing APC or PDP for power are contributing to the problem by not paying their power bills.

And that includes a lot of government agencies as well.

Then the money we pay for power....Ghana has light 24/7 and they pay far more than we do in power bills.

So, Nigerians have to pay their bills, and we also have to pay a bill that is commensurate with the amount of money needed to fix power...because at the end of the day, we need N 5 trillion (according to a report in thisday some 20 years ago) to fix power.

We have to be realistic. Even if we vote out APC tomorrow...the problem will still be looking at us.

sharap...pay bills for light we dont see?why didnt they use that abacha loot to fund the power sector..you are a zombie..lol..fact is nigeria is a failed state under the dullard

2 Likes

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Kendroid: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Can't wait to tour Daura with him come Feb!
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by theoldpretender(m): 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
pacificman:

sharap...pay bills for light we dont see?why didnt they use that abacha loot to fund the power sector..you are a zombie..lol..fact is nigeria is a failed state under the dullard

Well, we can all shout at APC, but when they go, the problem would still be there...and who will we blame.?

Back when I was a student, I lived in an off campus residence. Out of thrity students living there, only six of us were contributing money to pay the estimated bills PHCN (this was before DISCOS and GENCOS and Buhari and GEj)....

In 2014, Abuja DISCO said that 70% of its customers are not paying.

And the bills we pay...I currently pay N6000 , on a prepaid meter , which would last me for 3 months.

And the DISCOS as a result dont have cash to pay GENCOS. GENCOS don;t have cash to make improvements...and ditto the govt to improve transmission.

And there is a good reason GEJ handed over to DISCOS...the money needed is not small.

Call me zombie, call me all the names in the book.....I am not here to defend government. Or to attack them. We have a problem with power in this country. We are not doing our part to improve things. And if we don't pay our bills regularly, or even admit that the bills we pay are a oke...then when are we going to get improvement?

Better wake up.
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by pacificman: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
theoldpretender:

Well, we can all shout at APC, but when they go, the problem would still be there...and who will we blame.?

Back when I was a student, I lived in an off campus residence. Out of thrity students living there, only six of us were contributing money to pay the estimated bills PHCN (this was before DISCOS and GENCOS and Buhari and GEj)....

In 2014, Abuja DISCO said that 70% of its customers are not paying.

And the bills we pay...I currently pay N6000 , on a prepaid meter , which would last me for 3 months.

And the DISCOS as a result dont have cash to pay GENCOS. GENCOS don;t have cash to make improvements...and ditto the govt to improve transmission.

And there is a good reason GEJ handed over to DISCOS...the money needed is not small.

Call me zombie, call me all the names in the book.....I am not here to defend government. Or to attack them. We have a problem with power in this country. We are not doing our part to improve things. And if we don't pay our bills regularly, or even admit that the bills we pay are a oke...then when are we going to get improvement?

Better wake up.

you are still missing the point..abacha loot of 322million dollars would have done alot in the power sector..but instead they are doing trademoni crap

3 Likes

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by kopiroda: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Tundeobama(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
For the past 13 days we have light here it doesn't blink location Alakia hope area close to airport junction ibadan tell me why I won't vote apc this dry season ooo.
Pdp never again
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by edibobo: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
Oh my Country my Country
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
Imagine my surprise
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Darlington120(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
DAT means we citizens na darkness we dey b DAT, buhari don finish dis country oh, b4 witch dey feed people fr dream BT nw witch no c fud chop which one e wan use fid u, no more eating in dream, dey r also in recession.

1 Like

Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by theoldpretender(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
pacificman:

you are still missing the point..abacha loot of 322million dollars would have done alot in the power sector..but instead they are doing trademoni crap

I daresay it could have...but even if they injected the money into power...it won't improve things much.

We need far more than that. And is it only power we would spend it (mind you, I don;t agree with them spending it on tradermoni...something like that is better run by charities, and private organisations or NGO's not government)...we have railways, university education, even health that also need that money....

Like I said earlier...we need trillions of naira...N5 trillion, to fix the whole thing. And that means bills have to go up, we take loans greater than 400million USD to improve stuff...and government agencies, and most people have to pay their bills.....

Power needs money for fixing...and since it has been mostly privatized (which is why Fashola is running three ministries combined...power no longer has much to do now that DISCOS and GENCOS are around)..the money is coming from our pockets...hence the complaint I have about people and govt agencies not paying their bills.

(Even when govt ran the thing, as NEPA, many people too did not pay their bills as well).
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by pacificman: 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
theoldpretender:

I daresay it could have...but even if they injected the money into power...it won't improve things much.

We need far more than that. And is it only power we would spend it (mind you, I don;t agree with them spending it on tradermoni...something like that is better run by charities, and private organisations or NGO's not government)...we have railways, university education, even health that also need that money....

Like I said earlier...we need trillions of naira...N5 trillion, to fix the whole thing. And that means bills have to go up, we take loans greater than 400million USD to improve stuff...and government agencies, and most people have to pay their bills.....

Power needs money for fixing...and since it has been mostly privatized (which is why Fashola is running three ministries combined...power no longer has much to do now that DISCOS and GENCOS are around)..the money is coming from our pockets...hence the complaint I have about people and govt agencies not paying their bills.

(Even when govt ran the thing, as NEPA, many people too did not pay their bills as well).

if nigerians have 24/7 power we would pay..me i love lite and i have lived in a country for 3yrs and them no take light..asking me to pay for power when i no see light..i lived in a country and in my flat we dont pay more than 10k during summer time and we have light 24/7 and we get fridge..during winter we pay 40k because we use heater
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by wink2015(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2019
NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR THE "BIG MEN IN GOVERNMENT" TO SPEND WASTEFULLY.

Government in Nigeria from the federal to the state and to the local council do not know how to create national wealth.

Only to spend, and spend and spend.

By the time crude oil money from the Niger delta region is not available for them to abuse. They will eat their fingers to run the government.
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by buchilino(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2019
Topccy007z:
This is a shame.
A matter that should better be kept secret like our reproductive organs
Just like saying an old man developing milk teeth
N SOME SAY D NA IS CORRUPT
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by buchilino(m): 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
pacino26:
The confusion in this country can't be defined by the dictionary. Is it that the people in the ministry haven't heard of other non fossil fuels that they will keep talking about generators and petrol

In a bid to steal we make collective ridiculous budgets and publishing same without fear.

N SOME SAY D NA IS CORRUPT
Re: Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
theoldpretender:
Before we bash anyone...consider this fact.

We generate less than 7000MW of power a day. For 200m people.

Before we can stop budgeting N170m for fuel for generator....we have to generate at least 40000MW plus fix the transmision

And all this needs money.

Now, the funny thing is that most of the people bashing APC or PDP for power are contributing to the problem by not paying their power bills.

And that includes a lot of government agencies as well.

Then the money we pay for power....Ghana has light 24/7 and they pay far more than we do in power bills.

So, Nigerians have to pay their bills, and we also have to pay a bill that is commensurate with the amount of money needed to fix power...because at the end of the day, we need N 5 trillion (according to a report in thisday some 20 years ago) to fix power.

We have to be realistic. Even if we vote out APC tomorrow...the problem will still be looking at us.

Guess how much Obasanjo and Atiku's government from 1999_2007 spent for power generation and distribution?

Nothing less than $16BILLION

Let me spell it for you, SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS!!!

Where is the power?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mamman Nur: Al Qaeda-linked Man Behind Bomb On UN? / Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) / ‘NNPC Used To Fund Political Parties’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.