Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,558 members, 7,770,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:43 AM

Sincere Milk — "I Remember" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "I Remember" (363082 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2019
Sincere Milk: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S90kBNN8IBA

Reason for the Season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN DAILY DEVOTIONALS GUIDE
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 2, 2019

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON
TEXT: Luke 2:10-14

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:11).

We are in the year 2019. Many children do not know how we come about 2019 as the number of the year.

We actually ought to say 2019 A. D. What does A. D. mean? It is an abbreviation for Anno Domino. This is a Latin word which means the year of the Lord. 2019 really means two thousand, and nineteen years after the birth of Christ.

Christ was born into this world about two thousand and nineteen years ago. Where was Jesus before He was born? He was in heaven. How did He become a small child to enter the womb of the Virgin Mary? This is a mystery. It is beyond human understanding.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea according to the prophecy of Micah. Jesus is a special Child. The only child that was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14). He is sinless, spotless and the holy Son of God. Why was Christ born? To save the world from sin. His name shall be called Jesus because He shall save His people from their sins. That whosoever believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life (Matthew 1:21; John 3:16). This is the reason for the season.

As a true friend of Jesus this must be your proclamation to everyone around you at this season.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to be born again and remain Your friend forever.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 9:6-7

See more here:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 02, 2019
Still chasing your delusions in 2019 ?? grin grin grin grin

Jesus ain't coming back Pal - quit your silly belief in this MYTH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2019
frosbel2:

Paul Macock: "You can't prove Jesus even existed and so your biblical verses are null and void."
My question: "Paul, what year is it?"
Paul Macock: "2013."
My question: "2013 since Whom?"
Paul Macock: "And even if Jesus did exist (which I myself think he probably did), it doesn't mean he was the son (himself) of the creator of the whole universe."

Jesus continually said He was the Creator in human form, so your dilemma is to either believe that He spoke the truth, was a liar, or He was deceived. This is what He said, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:35-40).

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 9 November 2013 ·

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Reason for the Season

"What proof is there Jesus ever existed?"

Those unthinking folks who ask this question apparently don't know what year it is.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
frosbel2:

"I have no doubt that those who would not pray when the ark was being built, prayed when the Flood came; but their prayer was not answered. I have no doubt that when Lot went out of Sodom, Sodom cried to God; but it was too late, and God's judgment swept them from the earth. My friend, it is not too late now, but it may be at twelve o'clock tonight. I cannot find any place in the Bible where it says you may call tomorrow. I am not justified in saying that. 'Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.'" D. L. Moody

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 1 January 2014 ·

1 Like

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
@frosbel2

Australians for Rational Thinking, said: "According to the Bible, Jesus told his followers he would return within their generation. It didn't happen. What makes you think it will ever happen?"

Ray Answers: The reference is obviously to the generation that sees the nation of Israel budding. The Jews obtained Jerusalem in 1967 after 2,000 years without a homeland. Take the time to study Bible prophecy (Matthew 24, Luke 21, 2 Timothy 3, Joel 2, and many of the passages) and you will see that the signs of the end of the Age are all around us. The book of Peter even says that skeptics will say that these signs have always been around. You had better get right with God before it's too late. See www.needGod. com for details.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 January 2014 ·

Happy New Year.
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
This Is That Year.

This is that year I have been telling you about; the year when truly, everything becomes new.

The year of endless possibilities, unlimited potentials and divine favour backing it all. It is the year we have been waiting for because God has promised to do us good.

This is that year when the floodgates of heaven have already been opened, the blessings we have long prayed for is on its way and an outpouring of revival has begun.

A year when we will keep looking for more and more chances to share the good news of Christ, to share testimonies of his miraculous work in our lives and to share a word and actions of faith, hope and love.

Remember when you shed tears of pain, distraught and fear, this year, tears of wonderment, fulfilment and immeasurable joy will be ceaseless in running down your cheeks.

Children for those who have sought for it, the family that wants one gets one, those who desired twins, will get theirs, and those who have prayed and sought for long, have you started preparing? Multiple births are coming your way.

Admissions into institution of higher learning, scholarships to back them up and retentive and innovative brains to ensure you emerge with a First class has been placed on you.

Start to practice how to share your testimony, because you will have to do it, and do it again, and then share an even bigger one.
Those that expect an outpouring leave home with an umbrella, those that know God has made this year just for them leave their house every day with a smile and the assurance that "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Our tears have been wiped off, our sorrows turned to joy and our hope has been restored.

When I told you that this is the year we have been waiting for, do you now know what I mean? Why not start counting your blessings and naming them one by one, because, in twelve months time, they will be too much for you to count.

Are you ready for the best year you have ever lived? Don't forget, there will be no lack, no loss and no limitations in your life this year.
This is your year.

See more HERE:

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2019
THURSDAY JANUARY 3, 2019

WELL DONE, GOOD SERVANT
TEXT: Luke 19:12-19

"And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities" (Luke 19:17).

In our text, the master gave ten of his servants one pound each. One of them used his one pound to trade and made ten pounds. The second one made five pounds. One hid his one pound and did not make any profit. The first and second servants received their master's praise and were rewarded accordingly. The last one that made no profit got punishment for his reward.

God has given every person one talent or the other. Some have physical strength, some have money because their parents are rich. Whatever talent you have, use it to the glory of God. You can join the choir, learn to play musical instruments and sing to the glory of God. Preach the gospel and live daily in obedience to the word of God. Then patiently wait and watch for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. When He comes, He will say unto you, well done my good and faithful servant enter into the joy of the Lord.

PRAYER: Lord, use me as You please, and make me receive well done when you come.

FURTHER READING: Luke 19:21-27

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2019
FRIDAY JANUARY 4, 2019

TALITHA CUMI
TEXT: MARK 5:38-43

"And He took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise" (Mark 5:41).

It is not the will of God that you should die young. God's promise says with long life will I satisfy you. In another place, He says, "The Number of your days, I will fulfil." Many things, such as sin, Satan, sickness, accident, disease, malnutrition, wrong medications among others can cause death.

Sometimes young people also engage themselves in dangerous practices that can cut short their lives, for example, drug abuse, smoking, drinking alcohol, cultism, immorality etc.

Somebody can be alive physically but dead in the sight of God. A sinner is dead in sins and trespasses. The good news is that there is somebody who has power over death. His name is Jesus. In our passage, Jairus' daughter had died before Jesus got to the house. When He got there with Peter, John and James, He commanded the dead girl to arise by saying "Talitha cumi" meaning, "young girl I say unto you arise" and the girl arose. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.

How old are you now? You are too young to die according to the word of God.

Any situation in your life that makes you afraid or cry. Jesus will come to the rescue and say unto you "Talitha Cumi." Arise now and receive life.

PRAYER: Lord, remove everything that is dead in my life in Jesus Name.

FURTHER READING: John 11:42-44

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14am On Jan 05, 2019
SATURDAY JANUARY 5, 2019

TOUCH OF FAITH
TEXT: Mark 5:25-29

"For she said, If I may touch but His clothes, I shall be whole" (Mark 5:28).

Rafi was a sickly boy. From childhood he looked malnourished. He was skinny, and his classmates nicknamed him "bone." His parents tried modern medicine, but they could not find solution to the problem. His friend invited him to a Deeper Life Bible Church programme called Easter retreat. He attended the retreat and listened to a message on divine healing. He believed and was made whole. His life changed, he became robust and was no longer called 'bone.' Jesus is our healer. He heals sicknesses that doctors cannot heal.

In our Bible story, there was a woman suffering from issue of blood. This disease was incurable. Physically, she lost strength because blood was continuously coming out of her. Financially, she had become poor because of paying medical bills all the time.

She was hopeless humanly speaking. However, this woman has something good. She had faith. She said to herself: If I can touch at least, the clothes of Jesus, I shall be made whole. She touched Jesus by faith and she was healed. Whatever is your problem today, it may be problem of sin, sickness, satanic affliction failure. You can touch Jesus through prayer of faith and He will make you whole.

PRAYER: Lord, I cast all my burdens upon You. Help me.

FURTHER READING: Mark 6:54-56

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59am On Jan 06, 2019
SUNDAY JANUARY 6, 2019

WHITER THAN SNOW
TEXT: Isaiah 1:17-20

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18).

Jimmy's mother bought him a sparkling white shirt. He was very happy and proud to wear the shirt to school. All eyes were upon him and he felt good.

Unfortunately, when he was having his mid-day meal, a little stain dropped on the shirt. So, he tried to remove the stain by himself, but the more he tried, the more the stain increased. Everyone saw the stain, he was ashamed and he returned home sad.

When he got home, he told his mother. The Mum told him not worry and promised to fix it. So, she took the shirt and soaked it in a strong detergent solution. When she brought it out, it was now free from stain and white as snow.

God created us in His image. Man was without stain, white and pure in heart, but Satan came and tempted Adam and Eve. They fell, and sin entered the world. All have been stained with the original sin of Adam and Eve. There is only one doctor that can heal the disease of sin. His name is Jesus. He is the only Saviour there is no one else. Some children try to do things they think can make up for their sin before God.

Except Jesus washes you, you cannot be clean. He will wash and make you clean if you turn away from all sins and ask Him to cleanse you with His precious blood. Come to Jesus now and be made whither than snow.

PRAYER: Lord, wash me until I become whiter than snow.

FURTHER READING: 1 John 1:7-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
MONDAY JANUARY 7, 2019

WHO IS CHRIST TO YOU?
TEXT: Matthew 16:13-19

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16).

The Jews loved God, but they didn't know who Jesus is. That was where they missed it. Some children are like that. They don't know who Jesus is. They are like the Jews. Some think that Jesus is John the Baptist. Some say He is Elijah; some say He is Jeremiah while others say that He is just one of the prophets. In our text, Jesus asked the disciples whom the people said that He was. Their answers show that the people did not know who Jesus is. That was why they remained and died in their sins.

When He asked the disciples. Peter answered, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God." Jesus commended Peter and said that it was the Father who revealed it to him not flesh and blood.

"Christ" means the Messiah, the anointed one. Though the Jews waited for Him, when He came, they did not know Him.

Jesus is the Saviour, Sanctifier, Healer, baptizer and coming King. Jesus is all you need to live a good life and make it to see God in heaven at last. Ask God to reveal Himself to you. So that you can have a personal relationship with Him and become a member of the family of God.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, please, reveal Jesus Christ to me.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 17:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25am On Jan 08, 2019
TUESDAY JANUARY 8, 2019

NOT COLD, NOT HOT
TEXT: Revelation 3:14-18

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth" (Revelation 3:16).

The words of Jesus Christ in this Bible passage describe the spiritual condition of the church in Laodicea. He describes them as not being cold or hot.

This is called lukewarmness. It is the state of a Christian who is not spiritually stable. He is neither here nor there. Lukewarmness can also be described as a state of being unserious and careless with spiritual matters. Food that is left neither cold nor hot can attract flies and cockroaches. These can introduce germs into such food. Anyone who eats this food can become sick and may even die.

Therefore, lukewarmness is a bad state to be. A lukewarm Christian is open to worldly influences, he can backslide and eventually miss heaven. Many children today are interested only in the things of this world. They like money, fine clothes, fine toys, picnic, parties, games, enjoyment of any sort. They like to do well in their academic work as well, but they are lukewarm towards the things of God. Jesus is not happy when His friends reduce their love and commitment to Him. He expects them to endure hardship, love the word of God, be watchful, prayerful and remain steadfast, and be spiritually sound.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from lukewarmness and make me fervent in the spirit.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 10:35-39

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49am On Jan 10, 2019
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 9, 2019

HEAVENLY JERUSALEM
TEXT: Revelation 21:1-7

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband" (Revelation 21:2).

There are two types of Jerusalem. The earthly Jerusalem and the heavenly Jerusalem. The earthly Jerusalem means the city of peace. According to Psalm 125, Jerusalem is surrounded by mountains, so it was naturally protected from the enemies. When the kingdom became divided, it served as the capital of the Southern kingdom, Judah. The city was walled round. The temple of God built by Solomon and the ark of the covenant were in Jerusalem. It was regarded as the city of God. Every true Israelite would love to go to Jerusalem.

As interesting as the earthly Jerusalem is, there is a heavenly Jerusalem. This one is the place of God. It is called the new Jerusalem. It is referred to as the 'holy city.' It is the heavenly Jerusalem. The Builder and Maker is God. This is where the saints will dwell with God forever. Friends of Jesus all over the world will be there. There is no word to describe the beauty of the new Jerusalem. The passport to this city is salvation and holiness. Have you been saved and made holy through cleansing by the blood of Jesus Christ?

Heavenly Jerusalem is the permanent home of all children of God. Jesus wants you to be there. He has gone to prepare for you a place there. You cannot afford to miss it.

PRAYER: Lord God, count me worthy to dwell at last with You in the heavenly Jerusalem.

FURTHER READING: John 14:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On Jan 10, 2019
THURSDAY JANUARY 10, 2019

DO GOOD
TEXT: Acts 10:36-38

"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him" (Acts 10:38).

You have only one life to live. You can decide to use it to do good or evil. If you do good in your lifetime, you will receive the reward in this life and eternity. The same thing with doing evil. Many people who have lived and gone before us have spent their life doing good. For example, Mary Slessor came to Africa as a missionary and stopped the killing of twins and human sacrifice.

William Wilberforce stopped slave trade in the British empire. David Livingstone found the route to the interior of East Africa so that he would preach the gospel to the natives. Hudson Taylor preached the gospel to thousands of Indians and helped them to obtain salvation. John Wycliffe and William Tyndale translated the Bible to the English language.

Archbishop Stephen Langton divided the Bible into chapters. While the Archbishop of Canterbury divided it into verses. Bishop Ajayi Crowther translated the English Bible into the Yoruba language. Jesus went about doing good. He was preaching, teaching, healing and casting out devils. You also can do good. You can preach the gospel, share the good things you have with others, visit the sick, pray for the conversion of sinners. It is great to do good like Jesus Christ.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to do good as long as I am in this world.

FURTHER READING: John 14:11,12

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
SUNDAY JANUARY 13, 2019

THE GREATEST FOOL
TEXT: Psalm 14:1-3

"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).

The story is told of a king who asked his clown – (a person who would say funny and foolish things to make the king laugh) to go and search for the most foolish person in his kingdom. The clown searched everywhere and could not find the most foolish man. He then returned to the king and asked the king a question: "Oh king live forever, your majesty, do you know that you will soon be going on a long journey? The king replied, "yes I know." Are you prepared for the journey, asked the clown? "No!" he replied. The clown then replied, "your majesty, you are the greatest fool on earth; how can you be going on a journey and not be prepared for it?

In our text, the Psalmist said that the fool has said in his heart, there is no God. It is fools that will say there is no God. They are as foolish as the king in our story. They know that they will die but they do not prepare for death.
_Who makes the earth to rotate?
_Who cause the rain to fall?
_Who made man and the design on our palms?

The Holy Bible tells us that God created the heaven and the earth. THERE IS GOD!

Some people can say and read the creed. I believe in God, the Father Almighty....." but in their heart and behaviour they say there is no God. If you are like that, repent today and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Acknowledge and follow Him in all your ways.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to show that I believe in You in word and in deed.

FURTHER READING: Romans 3:11-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:47am On Jan 14, 2019
MONDAY JANUARY 14, 2019

ACCUSING FINGERS
TEXT: JOHN 8:7-11

"She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more" (John 8:11).

There are five fingers on each hand of every normal human being. If you point just one finger out of the five to somebody, the remaining four will be pointing to you. This is a wise saying to people who are fond of accusing others of wrongdoings.

Many children are guilty of accusing others like the religious leaders who wanted to stone the woman to death for adultery. They will always report the mistake of their brothers, sisters, friends, classmates in the school so that they will be punished, whereas they themselves are not free from evil and naughty behaviours. Some children even blame others for their own wrong actions. They never accept their faults neither are they ready to apologize for their bad deeds.

Jesus has a special message for you if you are one of such, who points accusing fingers at others. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Examine your heart, are you quick to judge the actions of others? Do you always blame others when anything goes wrong? Do you always see the speck in others' eyes while there is a log in your own eyes? What Christ expects from every sinner is genuine repentance. Humble yourself before God, recognize your sinful ways, repent of all sins, ask for forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, help me so that the bad things I used to do, I will do them no more.

FURTHER READING: John 5:13-15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
TUESDAY JANUARY 15, 2019

PHILIP THE EVANGELIST
TEXT: ACTS 21:5-9

"And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him" (Acts 21:8).

Philip the evangelist was one of the seven honest and spirit filled men chosen by the Apostles in the early church to help in resolving conflicts arising from uneven distribution of food among the members.

However, among these seven men Philip stood out. He did not stop at just distributing food. Philip was a great instrument in the hands of God and did exploits for the Lord. He loved Jesus and was committed to the great work of preaching the gospel. No wonder he was named Philip the evangelist.

Philip also trained his children to love and serve the Lord. He had four daughters who were virgins that means they kept themselves pure and free from immorality. They also joined their father in doing the work of God.

An evangelist is one who is called to go about preaching the gospel. The evangelist spreads the good news about the love of Jesus for sinners.

The Bible encourages us to do the work of an evangelist. This is the most important assignment given to all friends of Jesus by the Lord Himself.

Follow Philip's example and preach the gospel everywhere you find yourself from today.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to be a faithful witness for you.

FURTHER READING: Acts 8:5-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2019
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 16, 2019

BEWARE OF DEVIL'S TRAP
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 6:6-10

"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition" (1 Timothy 6:9).

Chike's father was a popular farmer. Chike as an obedient boy always followed the father to the farm. His father liked to hunt for bush rats. Chike would dig the ground and bury the trap. He would cover it with sand and put a bait food that the bush rats love to eat on the trap. The bait could be roasted yam, corn, or unprocessed melon. The bush rat would come and enjoy the food but, in the process, it would put its leg into the trap. The trap would hold it until Chike would come. The foolish bush rat will eventually lose its life because of a tiny piece of food.

The devil also sets trap for the sinner and the unwatchful Christian. He would give him sinful pleasure or enjoyment that does not last. He sometimes sets traps through evil friendship, immorality, stealing, cheating, cultism etc. He aims to kill spiritually anyone that falls into his trap. The devil can also deceive some children with love of money or other sinful pleasures of the world. Then they engage in gambling and betting in the name of games. They forget that the Bible says that anyone who seeks to get rich quick will not be innocent. If you have fallen into the snares or trap of the devil in any way, run now into the saving hands of Jesus. He will surely save you.

PRAYER: O Lord, deliver me from the traps of the devil.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 91:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45am On Jan 17, 2019
THURSDAY JANUARY 17, 2019

WATCH WHAT YOU SEE
TEXT: PSALM 101:1-6

"I set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me" (Psalm 101:3).

The eye is the gateway to the body. It is like the door to a house. When the door is left opened many unwanted 'guest' like rats, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes and even snakes may enter in. On the other hand, if the door is well secured, whatever is in the house will be secured and kept safe.

The eye as the door to our life is given to us by God to perform various functions. With the eyes, we see beautiful things around us. The eyes also communicate messages to others parts of the body for necessary action. The eye is one of the most important parts of the body. God so made it that, it has a protective measure to keep our eyes safe from physical harm and damage.

This notwithstanding, the eye can bring harm to the whole body if not properly guarded by the individual. Whatever the eye sees, the brain will interpret to the heart which meditates on it and moves the body to act on the interpretation of what is seen. This is why it is dangerous to leave our eyes open to all sorts of things that can defile. It is very important you watch what you see. A child who desires to please God and live holy must shut his/her eyes to all the ungodly things around. Fix your eyes on Jesus and think on God's word always.

PRAYER: Father, I dedicate my eyes unto thee, keep me from falling.

FURTHER READING: Job 31:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
FRIDAY JANUARY 18, 2019

START YOUR DAY WITH GOD
TEXT: MARK 1:35-39

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35).

The way you start a thing matters. If you start well, you are likely to end well. Jerry's father announced to everybody in the family, "it is time for morning devotion." Jerry's sister, Rose and the younger brother Justus rose up and took part in the family's morning devotion. They answered the questions that their daddy asked and prayed with the other members of the family.

Jerry did not pray, he was dosing, rolling from one side of the seat to the other. They then quickly got to the bathroom, took their bath and prepared for school. It was after they had gone that Jerry rushed to the bathroom to bathe. He hurriedly dressed up and went late to school. That day, many things went wrong for Jerry. At the gate, the teacher on duty told him to do frog jump because he was late. The class teacher punished him because he forgot his homework at home. He also failed his mathematics test.

As he was going home, he started reflecting on his experiences during the day. He got home looking very sad. When his father came in, he asked why he was sad. Jerry told him how his day has been. The father reminded him of his attitude at the family devotion in the morning. Are you like Jerry? Repent today. Always start your day with God. Observe your quiet time and join in the family devotion.

PRAYER: O Lord, help me to seek You early.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 22:3-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25am On Jan 19, 2019
SATURDAY JANUARY 19, 2019

GOD OF WONDERS
TEXT: Joshua 3:5-8

"And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you" (Joshua 3:5).

Wonders are supernatural acts of God in the lives of men. It goes beyond science, technology and human understanding or ability. The son of a pastor in a local assembly was diagnosed of heart problem. He was a medical student, so the State government sent him to an India hospital for treatment. When he got to India, the case was referred to Australia. In Australia, he was confirmed dead on arrival. The dead body was then taken back to India. In India, the corpse was kept in the mortuary, pending the time it will be transferred to his home country. After some time, there was movement in the mortuary. The attendant was afraid and ran out. On examination, it was discovered that the dead man has returned back to life. This was in answer to the prayer offered by the church in his home country.

God is a God of wonders. He still does miracles today. The children of Israel on their way to the promised land had many obstacles which tried to hinder them. God promised to do wonders among them as they keep themselves separate and holy unto Him. He had divided the red sea in the time of Moses, He was going to divide river Jordan in the time of Joshua. He did wonders by pulling down the Jericho wall without the Israelites touching it. God performed those wonders for them. Today, God is still the God of wonders. He will do wonders in your life as you trust in Him.

PRAYER: Lord, do wonders in my life.

FURTHER READING: Joel 2:16-20

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2019
SUNDAY JANUARY 20, 2019

BIBLE CITY-CANAAN
TEXT: GENESIS 17:1-8

"And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God" (Genesis 17:8).

Canaan was the name of a large and prosperous ancient country. It was located in present-day Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Israel. It was also known as Phoenicia. Canaan means merchant, trader or one that humbles or subdues. It was named after the fourth son of Ham, son of Noah. He is known as the founder of various nations after the flood. His eldest son, Zidon is known as the father of the Sidonians and Phoenicians. He had eleven sons, who were the founders of many tribes.

The people continued to multiply from generation to generation until Canaan became a very great and vast land. Nevertheless, they were a very sinful nation. They worshipped strange gods and were evil. God gave them enough time to change but they did not. Rather they grew worse until their "cup of iniquity was filled up".

At the time of the call of Abraham, God promised that He was going to give Canaan land to him and his descendants. God fulfilled this promise. Till today, Israel is still living in the land of Canaan.

The good news is that God has prepared a new Canaan land for true believers. Very soon, Jesus will appear in the sky to take us to be with Him in heaven. That is our Canaan land. You must be saved and live a holy and righteous life in order to get to Canaan land above.

PRAYER: Lord, make me qualified to live in heaven with you.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 12:1-7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42am On Jan 21, 2019
MONDAY JANUARY 21, 2019

THE FLAME OF THE FOREST
TEXT: John 5:33-35

"He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light" (John 5:35).

Children love flowers. There are artificial flowers, but they are not as beautiful as natural flowers. Flowers are usually small plants called shrubs but there is a flower which is in form of a tree. The name is "the flame of the forest". The botanical name is "Delonis Regia". This flowering plant grows in the form of a tree with branches.

When it is the flowering period, it would produce reddish flower all over the branches. This will make it stand out in the midst of other trees around. It sets a flame of beauty around the dull forest. That is why it is called the flame of the forest.

There are many people in this world just as there are many trees in the forest, some are thorny, some have rough barks, some harbour bees and serpents. Some are dangerous because they have thorns on their branches that can tear someone's skin. But the flame of the forest is different. You can also as the flame of the forest be a shining light in this dark evil world. Jesus described John the Baptist as a burning and shining light. The Pharisees and Sadducees of his days were "brood of vipers but he was a shining light." Jesus is the light of the world. If you follow Him, you will not walk in darkness bu Shine! Shine! and Shine!

PRAYER: Oh God, make me a burning and shining light.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 5:14-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01am On Jan 22, 2019
TUESDAY JANUARY 22, 2019

THE WHEAT AND THE TARES
TEXT: Matthew 13:24-30

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn" (Matthew 13:30).

The wheat belongs to the family of grains known as cereals. It is planted in a large field. The tare is a weed that is harmful to real crops. When both the wheat and tares are growing at the early stage, it is difficult to differentiate one from the other. However, when they are matured, it is very easy to differentiate the good from the bad.

In the parable of Jesus, a man planted wheat in his farm. The enemy then came and planted tares among the wheat. The servant discovered it and informed his master, but he told them to wait until the time of the harvest. The reapers would separate the wheat from the tares.

In the church, there are true friends of Jesus who have the Spirit of God and are ready for heaven. However, in their midst, there are sinners and servants of Satan who are pretenders. It is sometimes difficult to identify them because they are hypocrites. They disturb the fellowship and cause offences. You sometimes wonder why did the pastor not drive them away? A day of judgment will soon come when the sinners will be separated from the saints like the wheat is separated from the tares. Be a wheat, not a tare! Focus on the word of God and always remember that judgment day is near.

PRAYER: Lord, don't let me be the tare among the wheat.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 13:37-43

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On Jan 24, 2019
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23, 2019

DO NOT STEAL
TEXT: Exodus 20:13-16

"Thou shalt not steal" (Exodus 20:15).

To steal means to take something that does not belong to you and make it yours.

There was a boy who was an apprentice trader. His master had a large shop full of goods. The boy thought that his master would not know if he stole his goods, but the master was very wise. He opened a record book for the boy. Anything he stole, the master recorded it for him with the worth of the stolen good. The agreement was that at the end of his apprenticeship the master would give him money to start his own business. At the completion of his apprenticeship, the master arranged for a graduation ceremony for this boy. The parents were very happy. Everything was done. It was now time for the master to declare the amount that he was to give to him. He then brought out a long note of detailed record of goods the boy had stolen with the sum total of the cost. The master read out a long list and told them that the total amount of what the boy has stolen is what he would use to settle him. Everybody was surprised because the boy had stolen much money over the period of his apprenticeship. The parents were ashamed.

This is like the day of judgment. God keeps a record of wrongs done by sinful children in His books. The word of God says; "do not steal." There is good news for you. Jesus can save and deliver from all sins and the evil act of stealing. Allow Him to come into your heart and you will be free.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from any form of stealing.

FURTHER READING: Ephesians 4:28

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
THURSDAY JANUARY 24, 2019

DIVINE CONNECTION
TEXT: John 15:4-8

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me" (John 15:4).

Many years ago, a man by the name Michael Faraday, decided to find a solution to the problem of darkness that was all over the place. After much trials, he invented the electric bulb. The way the electric light works is interesting. There is a powerhouse where the engine that generates the light is sited. When the engine is switched on, and it starts running, all the places connected to this source of power receive light. However, any place that wants to receive light must be connected to the powerhouse through a cable.

In the same way, there is a powerhouse in heaven that supplies all our needs. Spiritual, physical, material and other needs. God is the Almighty Source of supply for our needs. He has enough supply for everybody. The only fact is that you must be connected with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus provides the link to God's abundant provision for all. You must accept Him as your personal Saviour and Lord and abide in Him always. If you are not born again, you are not connected to God. You need to repent and accept Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. If you have gone back from following Jesus, repent now and be reconnected.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, please help me to be always connected with You.

FURTHER READING: John 15:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2019
FRIDAY JANUARY 25, 2019

CONTINUE WITH GOD
TEXT: John 8:30-36

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If you continue in My word, then are you My disciples indeed" (John 8:31).

To continue means to be doing what you have been doing without stopping. We need to continue many good things that we are doing if we must get an excellent result. If you start school and you stop halfway, you may not be able to make it in life neither will you be able to read or write well.

You also that believe in Jesus must continue to follow Him to the end for the blessings of God to freely flow into your life and be permanent. Jesus told the Jews who believed in Him to continue. You may face challenges like temptations and trial of your faith like Job, Joseph, Jacob, you must continue with Christ.

There are some things that can help you to continue until the end:

(i) daily reading and studying the word of God
(ii) praying always
(iii) regular fellowship with the brethren
(iv) avoiding evil association
(v) preaching the gospel and telling sinners about the love of Jesus.

Jesus is coming very soon. There are great rewards for those who will continue to the end, therefore, continue so that no one will take your crown.

PRAYER: Oh God, give me grace to continue the race.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 24:12, 13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
SATURDAY JANUARY 26, 2019

YOU ARE SPECIAL
TEXT: Matthew 10:26-31

"Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows" (Matthew 10:31).

Amy sat back alone in class, she had just seen her poor test result and was feeling very sad about it. She began to doubt her self-worth and abilities. She felt everyone would begin to look at her as a failure. While she was meditating on these thoughts, her mind suddenly flashed back to what her Sunday school teacher taught her in church. She reminded herself that having received Jesus as her personal Saviour and Lord, she meant a lot to Jesus and she is always special to Him no matter what happens or what others think about her.

We sometimes feel down like Amy, when we think we are not special because of some bad things that happened to us. But the truth remains that we are always special to GOD because we are His Children. If God takes care of ordinary little birds in the air. He provides them food and even make their feathers beautiful. How much more then should you be assured that God loves you and you are special in His eyes.

PRAYER: Lord, I am grateful to You for making me special.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 139:14-17

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "I Remember" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
SUNDAY JANUARY 27, 2019

HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
TEXT: Romans 5:7-11

"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

God's love for us is unconditional, it's not dependent on the good deeds we have done.

Tommy starred at his mother in amazement. "Mom I fought in school today and I really feel bad about it. I have asked Jesus to forgive me, but do you think He'll still love me? Do you think He'll ever want to be close to me again? Do you think He'll ever want to be my friend again?" At this point Tommy was already in tears, he didn't want to lose his relationship with Jesus, and he found it difficult to believe that Jesus still loves him after fighting in school that day.

How many times have you doubted God's love for you? How many times have you thought that you do not deserve the love of God because of your naughty ways? God's love for us is not based on our works. No matter what we think, God's love is unconditional, and His arms are ever open to receive us and forgive, if we return to Him. Just be sorry and turn away from your sinful ways, invite Jesus to come in and save you and be your friend, and decide to always live your life in His will. Then you will enjoy the riches of His love in your life

PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank You for your unconditional love for me.

FURTHER READING: John 3:16

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.