Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Who Killed Goliath In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Killed Goliath In The Bible (798 Views)

2 Others Who Killed Lion In The Bible Apart From Samson / David Didn't Killed Goliath, Bible Verse. / Goliath Must Die: Pastor Imoniero Poses With Catapult On Church Banner (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by Kiddo01(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2019
Just because I don't go to church regularly some think that I don't know it was samson killed Goliath. ���
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by DREagon(m): 8:42pm On May 31, 2019
Kiddo01:
Just because I don't go to church regularly some think that I don't know it was samson killed Goliath. ���

You are wrong!
Na Jet Li kill am
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by MJBOLT: 8:43pm On May 31, 2019
it was elijah that killed him

Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by Shepherd00: 8:53pm On May 31, 2019
Kiddo01:
I know right? Na Jonah kill am.

hahahahahahaaha
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 31, 2019
Na dustinombari
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by khiaa(f): 9:22pm On May 31, 2019
Kiddo01:
The Bible is full of contradictions. In 1 Samuels 17:50 it states that
David killed Goliath. In 2 Samuels 21:19 in the Christian Standard Bible it states that Elhanan killed Goliath, but in 1 Chronicles 20:5 it states that Elhanan killed Goliath's brother. I was always taught that David killed Goliath with a sling shot and stone but you make the choice.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by Shepherd00: 9:49pm On May 31, 2019
khiaa:

The Bible is full of contradictions. In 1 Samuels 17:50 it states that
David killed Goliath.
1 Samuel 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

khiaa:

In 2 Samuels 21:19 it states that Elhanan killed Goliath,
And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.
2 Samuel 21:19

khiaa:

but in 1 Chronicles 20:5 it states that Elhanan killed Goliath's brother, so you make the choice.
And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.
1 Chronicles 20:5

You sabi lie o chai.
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by khiaa(f): 10:01pm On May 31, 2019
Shepherd00:

1 Samuel 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.
2 Samuel 21:19

And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.
1 Chronicles 20:5

You sabi lie o chai.

I didn't tell any lies, you on the other hand lack comprehension.

1. I stated that 1 Samuels said David killed Goliath. I never said David had a sword.
2. I stated that in the Christian Standard Bible it states in 2 Samuels that Elhanan killed Goliath.
3. I stated that 1 Chronicles stated that Elhanan brother killed Goliath, so where is the lie?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by Shepherd00: 10:14pm On May 31, 2019
khiaa:

I didn't tell any lies, you on the other hand lack comprehension.

1. I stated that 1 Samuels said David killed Goliath. I never said David had a sword.
2. I stated that in the Christian Standard Bible it states in 2 Samuels that Elhanan killed Goliath.
3. I stated that 1 Chronicles stated that Elhanan brother killed Goliath, so where is the lie?

What is in contention here is who killed Goliath? Was it David, Elhanan or Elhanan's brother?
You made it seem like the Bible recorded three different people killed Goliath.

The scriptures I posted to you says David killed Goliath, Elhanan killed Goliath's brother. And the 2Samuel's account is repeated in Chronicles, but you have a motive to make it seem like they are different incidents.

Motive is key. What is your motive?
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by khiaa(f): 11:24pm On May 31, 2019
Shepherd00:

What is in contention here is who killed Goliath? Was it David, Elhanan or Elhanan's brother?
You made it seem like the Bible recorded three different people killed Goliath.

The scriptures I posted to you says David killed Goliath, Elhanan killed Goliath's brother. And the 2Samuel's account is repeated in Chronicles, but you have a motive to make it seem like they are different incidents.

Motive is key. What is your motive?

Like I said, you lack comprehension. There is no motive. I only stated what I read. In the King James version it said Elhanan killed Goliath's brother, and in the CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE it states Elhanan killed Goliath, hence the contradictions.
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by Shepherd00: 11:45pm On May 31, 2019
khiaa:

Like I said, you lack comprehension. There is no motive. I only stated what I read. In the King James version it said Elhanan killed Goliath's brother, and in the CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE it states Elhanan killed Goliath, hence the contradictions.
You saw contradiction because that's what you wanted to see. Or may be contradiction means something other than what it really is.

This thread was meant to be hilarious, but you jumped in to shit over the Bible you obviously intend to malign.

Bottom line, it's clear that your motive is wrong. David killed Goliath, that's it. End of story.
Re: Who Killed Goliath In The Bible by khiaa(f): 1:38am On Jun 01, 2019
Shepherd00:

You saw contradiction because that's what you wanted to see. Or may be contradiction means something other than what it really is.

This thread was meant to be hilarious, but you jumped in to shit over the Bible you obviously intend to malign.

Bottom line, it's clear that your motive is wrong. David killed Goliath, that's it. End of story.

Oh my goodness, did you even read my posts? Didn't I say David killed Goliath? I'm done with this maddnes. You lack understanding. Maybe you should try reading. You are trying to turn this into a debate when all I am doing is quoting, what the scriptures said in the King James Bible and the Christian Standard Bible.

(1) (Reply)

Rape Scandal: Why We Deployed Soldiers To COZA — Nigerian Army / Who Do Believe And What Do You Believe And Why Do You Believe / Should The Government Close Down Pastor Mrs. Veronica’s Church? Your Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.