Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,233 members, 7,957,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend (446592 Views)

Thomas Called Jesus, My Lord And My God. Jesus Didn't Say, I Am Not God. / Thank You Jesus! My Hitherto Wayward Brother Experiences The Supernatural / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
MONDAY DECEMBER 19, 2022

NUMBERED HAIRS
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 10:28-31

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30).

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, ooh, ooh. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, ooh, ooh, ooh. One, two, three, four, ooh, I'm tired," Tim said after a failed attempt to count his hairs.

The Biology teacher had asked the pupils in the class to try and count the hairs on their head and come up with the numbers. Tried as much as they could, no one was able to count up to ten. Tim especially became frustrated with the exercise. It was a fruitless attempt.

Pause a little, do you know that the hairs on your head are all numbered? Who numbered your hair? It is God, who created you. God knows the number of the hairs on the head of every soul on earth. This is awesome!

Jesus confirmed that the very hairs on your head are all numbered. This means that God is concerned about every detail of your life. You need not fear anything.

Only surrender your life to Him through repentance. Then commit all your cares unto God, He will take care of you. Believe God's word, pray every day and be rest assured that you are in safe hands.

PRAYER: Lord, I believe You are concerned about me, keep me safe from all harm.

FURTHER READING: Luke 21:17, 18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2022
TUESDAY DECEMBER 20, 2022

OBEY GOD'S RULES
BIBLE TEXT: LEVITICUS 1:1-9

"And the LORD called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying" (Leviticus 1:1).

The children of Israel were special people because God loved them. Because of His love, God gave Israel rules to regulate their lives and to preserve them. A society without rules will go into extinction.

Think of the different kinds of nations that existed along with Israel as a people - Jebusites, Canaanites, Hivites, Moabites and the Philistines. They do not exist anymore because there was no divine law to guide and preserve them. Whereas, Israel has existed as a nation for more than three thousand years because the Book of the Law has been their guide and sustenance.

Laws exist to protect and preserve lives and also safeguard relationships. God's rules and regulations are contained in the Bible, the word of life. As a child of God, you are to commit yourself to obeying the rules and regulations of your family, school and society.

Most importantly, you must be faithful to God's word because it provides guidance and instructions on all areas of life. Anyone who breaks the rules of the society will face the full weight of the law.

In the same way, disobedience to God's word will always attract just punishment, while obedience to the word brings blessings. Be an obedient child of God and abide by His rules, and He will bless you.

PRAYER: Lord, give me power to always obey Your word.

FURTHER READING: Joshua 1:8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21, 2022

THE RED CARD
BIBLE TEXT: LUKE 13:1-5

"I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3).

Football is a game that many children love to engage in or watch. This game has rules and regulations that players must obey. There are always two cards with the centre referee to punish any player that goes against certain rules during the match. These are yellow and red cards.
When a yellow card is shown to any player, it serves as a warning. But when a red card is presented, such a player will stop playing immediately and go off the pitch. Simply, he is banned from continuing to play the match.

In our Bible passage, Jesus Christ warns that if a sinner refuses to repent, he will perish. He said that two times for emphasis and to make it sink into everyone's ears.

In the same way the player who committed an offence is sent out of the game, so will a sinner who refused to repent be sent out of the kingdom of God; that is, a red card from God. He will be sent to hell fire where there is pain, weeping, sorrow and everlasting suffering. On the other hand, in heaven, there is joy, happiness, rewards and glory.

A sinner who rejects God's offer of love and mercy will receive the red card. This card is the passport to hell fire. As a sinner, do not wait to receive the red card. Repent now and ask for forgiveness and cleansing of your sins in the blood of Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, I turn away from all my sins. Cleanse me and make me Your friend.

FURTHER READING: Mark 9:43-48

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
THURSDAY DECEMBER 22, 2022

NOT COLD, NOT HOT
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 3:14-22

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot" (Revelation 3:15).

Deby's mom dished out the jollof rice to all her children. The three boys quickly took their position at the dining table and ate their food. They did not want the food to become cold. Jollof rice is best eaten when it is still hot and fresh.

However, Deby left her own portion of the food on the table. She did not want to leave the video game she was watching. Her mom told her to leave the game and take her meal while it was still hot. Deby would not obey. At the end of the game, she went to the table to eat the rice. After taking a few spoonfuls of rice, she started vomiting. Why? Because the food was no longer hot or cold; so, flies had perched on it and contaminated it.

This illustrates the danger of being in a state of not being cold or hot. It is a condition of spiritual backsliding that can make a Christian lose God's favour.

The characteristics of a Christian that is neither cold or hot are - lack of interest in reading and meditating on God's word, love for worldly games and activities, prayerlessness, continuous absence from fellowship/church, bad association, laziness in doing quiet time and daily Bible Reading, and lack of interest in doing God's will. This is a dangerous state that can take a child to hell fire.
Repent now from every form of lukewarmness. Ask the Spirit of God to quicken and refresh your life always.

PRAYER: Lord, revive me and help me to always be spiritually alert.

FURTHER READING: Galatians 3:3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09am On Dec 23, 2022
FRIDAY DECEMBER 23, 2022

MIRACLE AT THE RED SEA
BIBLE TEXT: EXODUS 14:21-30

"And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left" (Exodus 14:22).

The miracle that happened at the Red Sea through the power of God was the final battle in which the children of Israel were totally delivered from Egyptian bondage. The crossing of the Red Sea by the children of Israel took place through a direct miraculous act of God. The forming of two great walls of water by a strong wind was an act of miracle. It was not a mere natural occurrence.

The water was piled up on both sides, leaving a path that was wide enough for all the children of Israel and their animals to pass through. When the water returned to normal, it was so deep that it covered the Egyptians' chariots and drowned their army.

The parting of the Red Sea was God's way of proving Himself to all the people involved. Firstly, to the children of Israel - God proved to them that He is God who can do all things. Secondly, to the Egyptian army, God proved that He is Lord over all. That He is able to move heaven and earth, part the sea, and everything must obey Him.

Thirdly, it proved to Pharaoh that God is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Lastly, to Moses His servant, God proved to be a faithful companion in the journey of life. Whatever may serve as a "Red Sea" in your life, stand still, have faith in God and you will receive definite miracles.

PRAYER: Lord, give me faith to believe Your word.

FURTHER READING: Exodus 15:1-6

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2022
SATURDAY DECEMBER 24, 2022

NO CHEATING
BIBLE TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 25:13-16

"For all that do such things, and all that do unrighteously, are an abomination unto the LORD thy God" (Deuteronomy 25:16).

Cheating is an act of deception or fraud. It is a sinful and wicked act that God hates. The world today is filled with deception and fraud so much that those who choose to stand for the truth are being persecuted. The people of the world have made cheating to become a normal thing to do in every day business.

Traders cheat their customers, government and private employees cheat their employers. Children are not left out; many boys and girls cheat their parents by deceiving them when asking for school fees and other things. Students are also engaged in cheating in examination and other fraudulent acts in order to obtain certificates.

Cheating is a bad habit that should not be found in the life of a Christian. Cheating and stealing belong to the same family. The Bible clearly commands that we should not be involved with unjust weight (cheating). Those who do such are abomination unto God. We are encouraged to live uprightly so as to live long.

Therefore, in your little corner, try to treat others fairly and conduct yourself with integrity and honesty. Do not cheat your siblings, parents, teachers, peers and neighbours. Do not cheat in your academic pursuits. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. Then you can be an agent to bring about positive change in our society.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the courage and boldness to stand for what is right.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 11:1

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2022
SUNDAY DECEMBER 25, 2022

THE KING IS BORN
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 2:1-11

"Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him" (Matthew 2:2).

A king is the title given to a male monarch who rules a community or kingdom. From time immemorial, most kings inherit the throne from their parents. A royal male child first becomes a prince before his ascension to kingship. Kingship and royalty generally give some special rights and privileges that other people in the community do not have.

Jesus Christ, right from day one, was born a King; and He is still King, and will reign forever as King. Although He was born in a manger in Bethlehem of Judea, the angelic celebration and announcement that heralded His birth confirmed His royalty.

King Herod trembled at the announcement of the wise men that saw Jesus' star and were travelling to worship the King. No wonder the Angel of God had to announce His arrival in a unique way. Some Old Testament Prophets also spoke about His birth and Kingship long before He was born. Jesus is different from all the kings in the world. He is not just an ordinary king but the King of kings.

As Christians, we must constantly obey and worship King Jesus, who came to die for our redemption. We must live our lives to please Him so that we can reign with Him in His kingdom. His kingdom is not like the kingdom of the world. The reigns of secular kings terminate with dethronement or death. Jesus' reign is forever. Let Him reign in your heart and life forever.

PRAYER: King Jesus, reign in my heart.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 9:6, 7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:06am On Dec 26, 2022
MONDAY DECEMBER 26, 2022

THE PURPOSE OF CHRIST'S BIRTH
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 1:18-23

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

When God created the world, He declared that everything was good. All that God created, including Adam and Eve, were in a state of absolute perfection. God was happy to fellowship with His creatures. He would come in the cool of the day to talk and keep company with Adam and Eve.
Then one day, Satan, the spoiler, came to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God. They fell into the temptation, disobeyed God and lost their perfect nature and fellowship with God. Since then, their nature of sin passed unto everyone born into the world.

However, God was not happy that His creatures could no longer fellowship with Him. He then decided to make a provision to buy us back from the slavery of sin and restore us into a loving relationship with Him. The means by which God did this was by sending His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and die for our sins.

This was the main purpose Christ was born in Bethlehem. He went about doing good, saving sinners and setting the captives free. At last, He suffered, died on the cross, shedding His blood to cleanse us from all sins.

It is important that you play your part by repenting and turning away from your sins. Then ask Jesus to be your Saviour and Lord. This is the only way to allow the purpose of His birth to be fulfilled in your life.

PRAYER: Lord, I surrender my life to You. Let the purpose of Your birth be fully achieved in me.

FURTHER READING: Luke 1:30-33

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
TUESDAY DECEMBER 27, 2022

THE WORD OF GOD
BIBLE TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 3:14-17

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16).

The word of God, also known as the Holy Bible, is the only known source of knowledge of the Almighty God to mankind. The primary purpose of the Holy Bible is to give us the revelation of God. The Bible was written by men of God who were inspired by God Himself. The word of God has been given to reprove, correct and to instruct us. It is written to guide and direct us.

While other books have limited influence on man, the word of God has a powerful impact and is the final solution to man's problems. The world's educational system will only give man limited knowledge, but the word of God in the heart of man makes him wise and successful in life.

As God's children, we need to have a good relationship with God by reading His word daily and praying to Him always. Without the word of God, we will not grow spiritually and one will keep falling and rising. This is why we need to feed on the word of God every day.
With the word of God, we'll have victory over sin, over Satan and over every evil thought and imagination. Study God's word every day and night, and victory will be yours in Jesus' Name.

PRAYER: O God, teach me Your word and let me not wander away from Your commandment.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 119:1-11

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 28, 2022

THE FIRST COMMANDMENT WITH PROMISE
BIBLE TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:1-3

"Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise" (Ephesians 6:2).

When the children of Israel left Egypt and were on their way to Canaan land, God gave them special commandments to guide their relationship with Him and with one another. There were ten of these commandments commonly referred to as "The Ten Commandments."
One of these ten stands out because it speaks directly to children. This commandment is "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee" (Exodus 20:12).

The other nine commandments are general laws for everybody, men women, boys and girls. But this one relating to children is special, and probably that is why it is the first commandment to have a promise attached to it. God places much importance on respect and honour for our parents.

This commandment demands that children show acts of kindness, support, respect and obedience to parental authority and guidance. If you wholly obey and honour your parents, then you enjoy the blessings of God to the fullest. You too will enjoy respect, honour and obedience from your own children when you grow and become a parent.

Examples of children in the Bible who obeyed and honoured their parents are - Joseph, Samuel, Esther, Philip's daughters and Timothy. You must follow these examples and obey your parents/guardians in the Lord. It will be well with you and then, you will live long.

PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to always obey and honour my parents.

FURTHER READING: Colossians 3:20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2022
THURSDAY DECEMBER 29, 2022

THE HAPPY CHILD
BIBLE TEXT: JOHN 13:15-17

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17).

Friendship with Christ is the way of happiness.
"I'm happy, I'm happy, I'm happy,
The Son of God is my Friend.
I'm happy, I'm happy, I'm happy,
The Son of God is my Friend."

This is the chorus Sally loves singing anytime she is in the fellowship. She is always happy and joyful because she is a real friend of Jesus.
Friendship with God brings joy and gladness. There is no other place to find happiness than with Christ. You can find and enjoy happiness by first surrendering your life to Jesus through repentance. Then you receive forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus.

The second step is committing yourself to obeying God's word by following the footsteps of Jesus our Master. You will strive to put on all the virtues which include love, humility, obedience, holiness, submission, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, faith, patience and many more.
Jesus Himself pronounced blessings on those who will always obey His word. He says, "If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17). You will be happy here on earth and also rejoice as you get to heaven at last.

PRAYER: Lord, accept and make me a happy child.

FURTHER READING: James 1:25

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05am On Jan 10, 2023
Separated for God's Use https://sinceremilk.app/

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04am On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42am On Jan 12, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Jan 13, 2023
Agape Love https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 13, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32am On Jan 14, 2023
Divine Connection https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 14, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35am On Jan 15, 2023
The Final Flight https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 15, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
The Final Flight https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 15, 2023

#GlobalCrusadewithKumuyi
#GCKinAsaba

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20am On Jan 16, 2023
God Brings The Increase https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 16, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06am On Jan 17, 2023
Blessed Are The Peacemakers https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 17, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Blessed Are The Peacemakers https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 17, 2023

#GlobalCrusadewithKumuyi
#GCKinAsaba

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08am On Jan 18, 2023
The Rainbow https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 18, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55am On Jan 19, 2023
God Knows You. https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 19, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47am On Jan 20, 2023
Time Will Tell https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 20, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36am On Jan 21, 2023
Be An Encouragement https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 21, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Jan 22, 2023
Never Alone https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 22, 2023
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Never Alone https://sinceremilk.app/
JANUARY 22, 2023

#GlobalCrusadewithKumuyi
#GCKinAsaba

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Jan 23, 2023
Do Not Miss Heaven
JANUARY 23, 2023

https://sinceremilk.app/
Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Jan 24, 2023
Do Not Tell Lies
JANUARY 24, 2023

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2023

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27am On Jan 25, 2023
Turn And See
JANUARY 25, 2023

Re: Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35am On Jan 26, 2023
When Things Go Wrong
JANUARY 26, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (53) (Reply)

Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / A Thread For Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.