Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

"Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi (16540 Views)

Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k / INEC Asks Tribunal To Vary Inspection Order Granted Atiku, Obi / Yahaya Bello Walks Nasir Ajanah, Chief Judge Out From State Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

Do the first thing first.. Call Labour, call governors, sit down and settle it once and for all. Even if he approves N30k, some state government will still not pay.

Dialogue, everything no be force.

You see why you shouldn't dabble into discussions like these? you're too unintelligent to understand anything about it.

What have they being doing since if not dialogue? NLC has said 30k is the lowest they can go from their initial of 56K which serves as their benchmark. So will he use juju to convince them to take what the governors are offering?

Will you support Buhari to force them to accept 22.5K or you'll applaud Obi if he does that?

5 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

I no dey fear face na.. You're a tribal warlord just like one Jonadullll here.

The thing is that you're intelligent.

So you that joins others to insult other tribes including mine isn't a tribal warlord?

When you cowardly folks decide to cast aspersions on my tribe, you expect me to laugh with you and go abi?
Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by ultimatekint(m): 11:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Instead of finding solution to the problems in the troubled areas in the northern area,this people keep on deploying soldiers for political reason,are they sane at all?

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by ultimatekint(m): 11:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Instead of finding solution to the problems in the troubled areas in the northern area,this people keep on deploying soldiers.
Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Corrinthians(m): 11:49am On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:
I was amused when i heard it.

I thought PDP was all about town that APC wasn't signing the salary increase when what Obi is suggesting here is the same reason why we have the current impasse. Some Governors are ready to pay 30k with the FG while some can't even pay beyond 18k forcing the NGF to arrive at a compromise figure of 22.5k which the NLC has rejected.

The truth however is that until we arrive at variable minimum wage, we will keep having these issues
Eod!

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by dunkem21(m): 11:49am On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

You see why you shouldn't dabble into discussions like these? you're too unintelligent to understand anything about it.

What have they being doing since if not dialogue? NLC has said 30k is the lowest they can go from their initial of 56K which serves as their benchmark. So will he use juju to convince them to take what the governors are offering?

Will you support Buhari to force them to accept 22.5K or you'll applaud Obi if he does that?

Then give them N30k and force the governors to pay.. Since he can't mediate between the two parties.

Peter Obi will dialogue and get a price suitable for NLC and the state governments.. That is why he smartly didn't quote any figure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by ultimatekint(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2019
I love Nigeria ����������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by tuniski: 11:51am On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

What was Atiku doing here https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/atiku-asks-buhari-to-fulfil-promise-on-minimum-wage.html

Also, have you not abused Buhari on this wage increase matter? What about your other comrade
Asking buhari to fulfil his promise is very appropriate demand. Emphasis HIS PROMISE!

3 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:54am On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

Then give them N30k and force the governors to pay.. Since he can't mediate between the two parties.

Peter Obi will dialogue and get a price suitable for NLC and the state governments.. That is why he smartly didn't quote any figure.

He didn't quote any figure because he's playing politics. Why do you think ASUU has been going on strike maybe even before you and i were born?

How successful was GEJ in forcing governors to pay 18k that 30 states had backlog of salary arrears before Buhari resumed and started giving them bailout in 2015?

Which English will Peter Obi speak that Ama Pepple and Ngige didn't speak to them now?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by dunkem21(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

So you that joins others to insult other tribes including mine isn't a tribal warlord?

When you cowardly folks decide to cast aspersions on my tribe, you expect me to laugh with you and go abi?

Show me where I have insulted your tribe before? If you search, you'll see I have defended your tribe countless times.

I won't still stop anyone from defending his/her tribe or joining in the fight; but me, I won't!

3 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2019
tuniski:

Asking buhari to fulfil his promise is very appropriate demand. Emphasis HIS PROMISE!

Buhari is ready to fulfill his. Should he force the governors when Peter Obi just argued against universal minimum wage like the governors are doing?

3 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

Show me where I have insulted your tribe before? If you search, you'll see I have defended your tribe countless times.

I won't still stop anyone from defending his/her tribe or joining in the fight; but me, I won't!

Alright then.

cheers
Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by dunkem21(m): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

He didn't quote any figure because he's playing politics. Why do you think ASUU has been going on strike maybe even before you and i were born?

How successful was GEJ in forcing governors to pay 18k that 30 states had backlog of salary arrears before Buhari resumed and started giving them bailout in 2015?

Which English will Peter Obi speak that Ama Pepple and Ngige didn't speak to them now?

You now believe it is a problem that cannot be solved because Ngige and Pepple didn't succeed? Yes, labour armtwistted GEJ just like they are doing to Buhari now and Obi has given a sound advice..

Dialogue! Call NLC and the State governor's.

4 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

You now believe it is a problem that cannot be solved because Ngige and Pepple didn't succeed? Yes, labour armtwistted GEJ just like they are doing to Buhari now and Obi has given a sound advice..

Dialogue! Call NLC and the State governor's.

dunkem, they've been dialoguing for 2 years!!! That's how they got down from 56k to 30k!!

Are you telling me Obi will get NLC to reduce from 30k to 22.5k that the governors want? Would you like that?

Or will he reduce the FG allocation to give more to states? I wonder why he didn't mention that

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by dunkem21(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Alright then.

cheers

Yeah, If I remember what Ooni (Yeye) did for me, I can't just insult people anyhow.

I have told you more than once to quit tribalism though you make me laugh so hard while on the game.

2 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by otokx(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
On point

2 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by tuniski: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Buhari is ready to fulfill his. Should he force the governors when Peter Obi just argued against universal minimum wage like the governors are doing?

The promise was to send a bill to NASS upon receipt of the report of negotiating team. Don't sugar coat it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by dunkem21(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

dunkem, they've been dialoguing for 2 years!!! That's how they got down from 56k to 30k!!

Are you telling me Obi will get NLC to reduce from 30k to 22.5k that the governors want? Would you like that?

Or will he reduce the FG allocation to give more to states? I wonder why he didn't mention that

Your last line seems to be the option.

..but, Obi is actually saying that some state should pay higher than the benchmark, others at the benchmark and some states lower.

This creates balance.

4 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

Yeah, If I remember what Ooni (Yeye) did for me, I can't just insult people anyhow.

I didn't know about this. Good for you

I have told you more than once to quit tribalism though you make me laugh so hard while on the game.

Don't worry about me. Just tell your folks to stop because my activities in that regard achieve two aims which are 1. entertain myself and 2. educate some ill-bred urchins who lacked good parents to teach them.

I also like the fact that they make you laugh. What's life worth without good doses of laughter? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
tuniski:

The promise was to send a bill to NASS upon receipt of the report of negotiating team. Don't sugar coat it.

And the governors had a meeting and came out with their opposition so should he still go ahead?

Even when Obi insinuates it'll be economically unwise to do so?

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

Your last line seems to be the option.

..but, Obi is actually saying that some state should pay higher than the benchmark, others at the benchmark and some states lower.

This creates balance.

NLC will not reject it if some states decide to pay higher but we know the other states will start agitating after some months or years but that's a problem for another day.

Which states NLC will agree to receive 22.5K now when they know their colleagues elsewhere are receiving higher?

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Sirjamo: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Obi is intellectually lazy, and politically naive. He rode on the back of Ojukwu to be governor and performed fairly well because Anambra was and is still one of the few financially viable States in Nigeria.

Minimum wage is currently on the exclusive list, States cannot negotiate it with the labour until the constitution is amended to put it on the concurrent list.

2 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Jonadull: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ngozi14:
and ur father is a what?
I said go and ask from your father at home cheesy
Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by mfm04622: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2019
I agree with this! Problem is we have not seen governors with the political will to push for this

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by OyiboOyibo(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonathan:
Peter obi is a fool

You are the real fool for being myopic not to comprehend him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by PassingShot(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
First time this Liar is making sense.
Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Decryptor(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonathan:

Peter obi is a fool

Continue abusing a man whose mere saliva is even greater and more valuable than your entire destiny!

3 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by amazon14: 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
Now this makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by StOla: 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
Very logical assertion.

But NUC/TLC are not known to be logical.

However, some will argue that minimum wage is the national minimum, while respective states that have the means can go even higher to meet the economic needs of workers that are attributive to their own states.

But will the FG also then apply a staggered pay that is above the national minimum pay, across different states?

1 Like

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by wirinet(m): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
dunkem21:

It is not the same thing. Obi said that they will sit with labour to discuss issues and get a benchmark .. Then states can pay what they can following the benchmark .

PMB should learn from Obi.

Semantics.
What is the difference between benchmark and minimum wage?

2 Likes

Re: "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
Thats The Sensible And Logical Way To Go About Minimum Wage.All Fingers Arent The Same Anyway

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Congratulates Yemi Osinbajo On His 63 Birthday / Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms / Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.