Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help (2947 Views)

Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2019
comtem2011:
Cerebral palsy just like that? This child is 3 Months old for goodness sake, how do you expect a stable neck at that age? @op, your baby is fine. You are just been curious and that's normal in ftm. Your child has no issue.

Not cerebral palsy? So what is it?
First time mom or not this op has a lot of commom sense and has been intuitive enough to know that something went wrong. If you are not a medic mere googling for a few days is not enough to disprove what I say.
This op is not naive and something tells her that something is wrong and she is struggling to find answers.
Do you know that she has put up complaints in up to 3 threads for the same problem?
Do you know that in each of these threads new information is popping up?
Do you know that a small percentage of under weight babies can come up with CP?
Do you know that prolonged labour can lead to CP?
Do you know that delivering a baby (by cs) whose head is already down in the pelvis and the surgeon going to extract it from above from deep-down -below poses a problem?
Did you read where she said the head was down and the doctor waited for more that 8 hours before a cs?
Do you know that when a babys head is down the unbilical is being stretched and compressed reducing blood flow?
Do you know that some babies cord even when long can go round the neck several times and impede blood flow to the brain and delay labour? Do you know that when umbilical cord become short it may not allow the baby to come out except you pull it out by force? (This is why the doctor delivered from above by CS, he is not gonna explain everything if you don't ask).
Do you know that some cords are short and may not allow the labour to progress further?

Do you know that when labour in not progressing the baby may be suffocating?

Do you see the other thread where op said the babys limbs are weak and cannot stand with support? I am not saying they can stand on their own o.

The neck muscles are also weak. The muscles in the tongue are weak.

I have seen exactly this type of case before in my village. I told them what to do but they never obeyed. They went to all the teaching hospitals at the end na story story.
HBOT can do much more for a baby with cerebral palcy. No one is compelled to accept my advice. In another 3 months we shall know who are the liars here. We shall know who are the deceivers. We shall know who are the fake medics here. We shall know who satan is using to destroy peoples lives here. For the sake of the patient I just wish I was wrong!

To take early action now (and waste the money) or to waite and see until 'water pass garri': which is better? People spend time in doing immunisation to prevent disease, in this case hbot is not different.

I stand by my diagnosis. Only time will tell who is spreading false advice or false hope.

When you go to a hospital with good records, about one in every 15 children who attend has neurodevelopemental problems. Attending clinic is not the problem. But the problem is the parents ignored all the early warning signs and failed to take action on time. Why?; BAD ADVICE!!!

This is not an advert: if you know your baby has suffered some birth injury ( birth asphyxia) there is no harm in seeking for a preemptive treatment like hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot).
And for those who say I am wrong let my advice be nonesence to them.

@ajakaye83; as I said before I am following this case 'bumper-to-bumper'.
In another thread you said the baby has: hypotonia, floppy baby syndrom. Was this direct observation or diagnosis made by you or a medic?
Don't allow people who don't know 'ekpini' to confuse you. As it stands now the best thing to do is to look for hbot. Hypotonia or floppy baby syndrom are signs of brain damage caused by perinatal hypoxia. The best treatment for that is hbot. I am not borthered about the contrary opinions people are giving. We have gone through all the corridors of med sch and health services. HBOT cannot be found easily. Beware of the fake and inappropriate therapies. Your baby needs oxygen to recover and it is hbot that can provide that level of oxygen.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
oxypress:

Not cerebral palsy? So what is it?
First time mom or not this op has a lot of commom sense and has been intuitive enough to know that something went wrong. If you are not a medic mere googling for a few days is not enough to disprove what I say.
This op is not naive and something tells her that something is wrong and she is struggling to find answers.
Do you know that she has put up complaints in up to 3 threads for the same problem?
Do you know that in each of these threads new information is popping up?
Do you know that a small percentage of under weight babies can come up with CP?
Do you know that prolonged labour can lead to CP?
Do you know that delivering a baby (by cs) whose head is already down in the pelvis and the surgeon going to extract it from above from deep-down -below poses a problem?
Did you read where she said the head was down and the doctor waited for more that 8 hours before a cs?
Do you know that when a babys head is down the unbilical is being stretched and compressed reducing blood flow?
Do you know that some babies cord even when long can go round the neck several times and impede blood flow to the brain and delay labour? Do you know that when umbilical cord become short it may not allow the baby to come out except you pull it out by force? (This is why the doctor delivered from above by CS, he is not gonna explain everything if you don't ask).
Do you know that some cords are short and may not allow the labour to progress further?

Do you know that when labour in not progressing the baby may be suffocating?

Do you see the other thread where op said the babys limbs are weak and cannot stand with support? I am not saying they can stand on their own o.

The neck muscles are also weak. The muscles in the tongue are weak.

I have seen exactly this type of case before in my village. I told them what to do but they never obeyed. They went to all the teaching hospitals at the end na story story.
HBOT can do much more for a baby with cerebral palcy. No one is compelled to accept my advice. In another 3 months we shall know who are the liars here. We shall know who are the deceivers. We shall know who are the fake medics here. We shall know who satan is using to destroy peoples lives here. For the sake of the patient I just wish I was wrong!

To take early action now (and waste the money) or to waite and see until 'water pass garri': which is better? People spend time in doing immunisation to prevent disease, in this case hbot is not different.

I stand by my diagnosis. Only time will tell who is spreading false advice or false hope.

When you go to a hospital with good records, about one in every 15 children who attend has neurodevelopemental problems. Attending clinic is not the problem. But the problem is the parents ignored all the early warning signs and failed to take action on time. Why?; BAD ADVICE!!!

This is not an advert: if you know your baby has suffered some birth injury ( birth asphyxia) there is no harm in seeking for a preemptive treatment like hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot).
And for those who say I am wrong let my advice be nonesence to them.

@ajakaye83; as I said before I am following this case 'bumper-to-bumper'.
In another thread you said the baby has: hypotonia, floppy baby syndrom. Was this direct observation or diagnosis made by you or a medic?
Don't allow people who don't know 'ekpini' to confuse you. As it stands now the best thing to do is to look for hbot. Hypotonia or floppy baby syndrom are signs of brain damage caused by perinatal hypoxia. The best treatment for that is hbot. I am not borthered about the contrary opinions people are giving. We have gone through all the corridors of med sch and health services. HBOT cannot be found easily. Beware of the fake and inappropriate therapies. Your baby needs oxygen to recover and it is hbot that can provide that level of oxygen.

Pls tell me more about it.
Does run a clinic?
Can I bring the baby over ?
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 1:53am On Feb 11, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Pls tell me more about it.
Does run a clinic?
Can I bring the baby over ?

Ok. What exactly do you want to know?
Some can be answered here, some by WhatsApp and others by direct phone discussion.
We run an outpatient facility, but can take on a 24hour emergency when the need arises.
Of course you can bring the baby for review.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help: 13 Weeks Pregnant With A Blighted Ovum / Let's Help Stammers: What Is The Solution To End Their Problem? / Is It Normal For Grown Men Not To Have Beards At All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.