Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Male Circumcision - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Male Circumcision (6030 Views)

Female Circumcision Is Dangerous To Women's Health; It Should Be Scrapped. / Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision / The Issue Of Female Circumcision: Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Circumcision by spikedcylinder: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2006
We all know that female circumcision is an all time henious crime but what about male circumcision...is it right?is it politically correct?is it healthy?
Opinions are welcome. smiley
Re: Male Circumcision by hotangel2(f): 1:01am On Jan 11, 2006
Im sure that about 85% of men are circumsized. So me thinks it's normal.

It's in the bible i think.
Re: Male Circumcision by ldollier(f): 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2006
cheesy here is my own thoughts

99% of men are circumcised. and if you fall in the category of that 1%, which by the way is very rare. please check yourself into the nearest hospital. all men should be cicumcised, there is no excuses to this please.
Re: Male Circumcision by spikedcylinder: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2006
But why should they be circumcized?isnt it a painful process too?
Re: Male Circumcision by hotangel2(f): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2006
They should do it while they are young.. that way the pain will only be there when they were a baby. But if you grow and then do it, you'll shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Male Circumcision by Advin(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2006
99.5% of us are circumcised.
It's one of the most important things a man must do.
Re: Male Circumcision by Seun(m): 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2006
[sigh] Hot-angel has spoken so authoritatively on something she knows nothing about. [/sigh] this thread is doomed.
Re: Male Circumcision by hotangel2(f): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2006
Seun:

[sigh] Hot-angel has spoken so authoritatively on something she knows nothing about. [/sigh] this thread is doomed.

What have i done ooo. Do u mean the pain still remains even if you were circumsized as a kid?
Re: Male Circumcision by Advin(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2006
haba.
if the pains are still felt, I for don retire from boyhood turn become girl siiiince.
Re: Male Circumcision by Seun(m): 1:04am On Jan 13, 2006
It makes the tip of the penis less sensitive, that's all.
Re: Male Circumcision by hotangel2(f): 1:07am On Jan 13, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 2:38am On Jan 13, 2006
Seun:

It makes the tip of the penis less sensitive, that's all.

S-e-u-n  shocked where you hear that? I just pity the men who don't circumcise, it is healthy even to do so, uncircumscision makes you more prone to

1)Penile cancer
2)STD and HPV
3) other acut conditions like phimosis and paraphimosis.......please circumscise your male child....its healthy and wise

and it sure does not make the tip less sensitive, i think you got it the other way round, and it does not hurt more than a few days, a week max after circumscision........or seun youre not, ehm, ehm.....? cool
Re: Male Circumcision by debanjee(m): 2:54am On Jan 13, 2006
m
Re: Male Circumcision by elvin(m): 8:05am On Jan 13, 2006
na who dey talk of male circumcision for dis place? why girl for dey post this kind topic?
abi she no want make we forget about d pains wey we been pass through, b'cos of circumci...........
anyway circumcision is the most important thing 2 be done @ birth. it makes a man complete.
Re: Male Circumcision by spikedcylinder: 9:01am On Jan 14, 2006
Why would anyone want to make the tip of your penis less sensitive?Sorry but am still not getting why every boy has to be circumsized....except for biblical reasons which i dont believe in....i dont know why else.
Re: Male Circumcision by Seun(m): 9:17am On Jan 14, 2006
Truly I don't think it's necessary. It's a pity that parents don't feel they ought to give their sons the right to chose whether they want to have their foreskins ripped off or not. Yes, it makes the tip of the penis less sensitive because of the direct contact with clothes.

To those who are saying that the foreskin is "unhygienic", let me ask you a quiestion. Do you rip out your finger-nails from the roots because fingernails tend to collect dirt and are therefore "unhygienic"?
Re: Male Circumcision by spikedcylinder: 9:24am On Jan 14, 2006
Posted by: Seun
To those who are saying that the foreskin is "unhygienic", let me ask you a quiestion. Do you rip out your finger-nails from the roots because fingernails tend to collect dirt and are therefore "unhygienic"?

Exactly!If the foreskin hides dirts...do a thorough job when washing it!
Re: Male Circumcision by spikedcylinder: 9:25am On Jan 14, 2006
My question is....If female circumcision is so bad,why shouldnt it be bad for males?
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 1:06pm On Jan 14, 2006
spikedcylinder:

My question is.If female circumcision is so bad,why shouldnt it be bad for males?

because female circumcision is harmful and male circumsicion is not, and it is not just ripping off the foreskin as someone put it nor is it just the dirt that is hides which ironically cant be washed clean all the time as you put it................male [i]un[/i]circumsicion is a health risk...................if it is just because God said it in the bible, why then are muslims and other non religious people circumsicing their males? even some christians dont circumsice in the first instance, it is a health awareness practise my dear.
Re: Male Circumcision by debanjee(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2006
n
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2006
Seun:

Truly I don't think it's necessary. It's a pity that parents don't feel they ought to give their sons the right to chose whether they want to have their foreskins ripped off or not. Yes, it makes the tip of the penis less sensitive because of the direct contact with clothes.

complete lack of knowledge of what you are saying here, and the fingernails and the penile foreskins are not the same in the first place..........contact with clothes does not make the penile tip less sensitive, please sir. uncircumsicion is a health risk not only for the male but also for the female.
Re: Male Circumcision by vichel(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2006
Actually, i have never seen a Foreskin before, and i have heard from some chicks that it could be pretty ugly. The only problem i have with circumcision is that what if they cut too much from the thing tongue(No be say dem commot too much from my own o cheesy so no get any ideas), it's gonna obviously make the man small or
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2006
you cant cut too much, its the foreskin and it slides to and fro to overhang the penis as a covering.......its like pulling off your shirt and fearing your skin will come off with it cool
Re: Male Circumcision by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2006
The so-called health benefits are bogus. It's usually done simply because it has always been done that way.
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2006
Maybe we should start by asking if youre circumsiced...............if you think the health claims are bogus then when you have a male child leave him uncircumscised, as many of them as you have, and see if it is truly bogus or not.
Re: Male Circumcision by vichel(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2006
nicetohave:

you can't cut too much, its the foreskin and it slides to and fro to overhang the penis as a covering.its like pulling off your shirt and fearing your skin will come off with it cool
Nice to know thanx cool
Re: Male Circumcision by weev(f): 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2006
sure it hangs over but its a piece of skin as attached to the body as the flesh of your lips, i have noticed that it can leave a scar and on asking girlfriends this appears to be quite common, lets not pretend we all know the main reason it is done is to stop masturbation. it is much more difficult for a circumsized man to pleasure himself or for a woman to pleasure him. growing up in the UK i was unaware that this was common practice it is never done there apart from medical reasons. i know that it is in the bible, but i truly thought that it applied to Jews.
Re: Male Circumcision by vichel(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2006
All my life, i thought only the uneducated never did male circumcision, but am surprised to learn that even in the west, it is seen has a Jewish thing hmmmmmmm shocked
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2006
well Jewish tradition or no, circumsicion has its advantages and i dont see why cutting the foreskin off decreases pleasure during sex for the male as the skin is retracted with full erection......................i dont know what the women feels cheesy but for masturbation........well just lub. it well enough wink

Uncircumsicion still has health hazards peculiar to it, not seen in circumsiced men
Re: Male Circumcision by weev(f): 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2006
yes Vichel
, here it is definitely seen as a Jewish tradition and in the USA there is a huge anti circumsision movement. most of my girlfriends from the UK have never even seen a circumcised "one". A Nigerian friend asked about having her newborn circumcised and the doctor said he would not be involved in the mutilation of a newborn baby.

these are not my words they are taken from a USA civil rights web site;

Globally, 20% of male children will be subjected to some form of non-medically indicated genital mutilation.(5)

Foreskin Function
When infant is incontinent, prepuce fulfills an essential function, to protect the glans.(13)
The foreskin is more than just penile skin necessary for a natural erection; it is specialized tissue, richly supplied with blood vessels, highly innervated, and uniquely endowed with stretch receptors. (T)he foreskin contribute(s) significantly to the sexual response of the intact male.(14)
This mucous-membrane contact [male foreskin and female labia] provides natural lubrication...and prevents dryness responsible for painful intercourse and chafing and abrasions that allow for entry of STDs, viral/bacterial.(15)
Penile Development
Development of the prepuce is incomplete in the newborn male child, and separation from the glans, rendering it retractable, does not usually occur until some time between 9 months and 3 years.(16)
(Infant) circumcision...traumatically interrupts the natural separation of the foreskin from the glans.(17)
Circumcision interferes with penile development, surgeon must tear skin from sensitive glans to permit removal.(18)
Re: Male Circumcision by weev(f): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2006
i had my son circumcised but don't know if i would do it again, it just seemed such a dramatic thing to put a infant through , i don't know what the answer is but its a tough question.
Re: Male Circumcision by nicetohave(m): 2:26am On Jan 26, 2006
weev:

these are not my words they are taken from a USA civil rights web site;

Globally, 20% of male children will be subjected to some form of non-medically indicated genital mutilation.(5)

Foreskin Function
When infant is incontinent, prepuce fulfills an essential function, to protect the glans.(13)
The foreskin is more than just penile skin necessary for a natural erection; it is specialized tissue, richly supplied with blood vessels, highly innervated, and uniquely endowed with stretch receptors. (T)he foreskin contribute(s) significantly to the sexual response of the intact male.(14)
This mucous-membrane contact [male foreskin and female labia] provides natural lubrication...and prevents dryness responsible for painful intercourse and chafing and abrasions that allow for entry of STDs, viral/bacterial.(15)
Penile Development
Development of the prepuce is incomplete in the newborn male child, and separation from the glans, rendering it retractable, does not usually occur until some time between 9 months and 3 years.(16)
(Infant) circumcision...traumatically interrupts the natural separation of the foreskin from the glans.(17)
Circumcision interferes with penile development, surgeon must tear skin from sensitive glans to permit removal.(18)

can i have the website weev so we can vet it together? its a bunch of baloney to me but maybe i can learn one or two things if i have access to the site

(1) (2) (Reply)

Certified Nursing Assistant Training In Abuja / How To Get Enlarge Your HIPS / I Want A Spotless Face!!! Exposed: Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.