Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! (4674 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Jonathan Is In Possession Of My Presidential Form- Abiola's Wife Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by wales(m): 6:27am On Aug 09, 2010
Former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has declared that nothing can stop him from contesting the 2011 presidential election.

Babangida made this declaration recently at his Minna Hill Top residence when a coalition of concerned and enlightened Nigerians residing within and outside Nigeria, known as The Diaspora Group, came on a fact-finding mission to get his personal confirmation if he would indeed run for the post of president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2011.

The former military president assured the group that his contesting the forthcoming presidential election was a foregone conclusion, adding that he had made up his mind to throw his hat into the ring and as such nothing could stop him from doing that.

Speaking while declaring their unwavering support to the former president for the 2011 presidential election, the National Coordinator of the group, Barr.Alec Utieyin-Scott, maintained that only a Babangida’s presidency could guarantee sustainable governance for Nigeria at this stage of the nation’s democracy.

According to Scott, “Nigeria’s political trajectory is similar to that of the United States of America where the first president, George Washington was also a military-turned civillian. It is on record that other military turned civilians have become presidents. Examples include President Dwight Eisenhower of the United States of America, President Charles De-Gaul of France and the Head of the KGB-turned civilian president Vladimir Putin of Russia. In Africa, we also have President Jerry Rawlings of Ghana among others.”

Contributing, another leader of the group, Mr. Isah Saulawa Abdullahi, said their endorsement of Babangida for president in 2011 was not only function of his being one of Nigeria’s former military heads of state but a function of his leadership qualities, performance and dexterity that reshaped, rebuilt and redirected a seemingly stumbling Nigeria into the path of stability, unity and progressive growth during his eight-year rule.

A chieftain of the Diaspora Group based in Spain, Mr. Godwin Dumuje, enjoined Nigerians to take critical look into IBB’s administration and discover the justification for his choice as candidate for president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2011.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/09/national-09-08-2010-019.htm

Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Acidosis(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2010
All things being equal, nothing will stop him from loosing the election
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by hassymo5(m): 11:23am On Aug 09, 2010
Acidosis:

SECONDED,SECONDED,SECONDED
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Kabikala(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2010
What if he drops dead?
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Pappij: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2010
hassymo5:

SECONDED,SECONDED,SECONDED

THIRDED, THIRDED AND THIRDED smiley smiley smiley

Kabikala:

What if he drops dead?

No need, let him and his cronies live and eat their words and hopes
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by cyril10(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2010
May the good Lord deliver us from the hands of those that wants to destroy our dear country. IBB will not get to Aso Rock.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Greycells(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2010
grin grin grin Dream on IBB.

OUR VOTES WILL STOP U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UU !
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by pappy2000: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2010
Sometime you cannot but wonder,that somebody in his right senses will say Ibb reshaped this country for good.
This is abnormal.In the developed world,someone like Ibb will be a political liability.
If Ibb can run for election,then an armed robber can run
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by ACUT3X(m): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2010
the people who support him those in the diaspora. No sane Nigerian living in Nigeria would do that. Morever all it takes to stop him is a Nigerian youth high on drugs and armed with this,

Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by beknown(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2010
This is the mentality of Nigeria politicians.

IBB can afford to spend huge sums of money because he has too much of it. That is the money for the Nigerian masses - he diverted the money for himself and family.

When will Nigeria leaders and ex-leaders change from their wicked looting and corruption?

IBB has no shame. Politics no be by force oh. No be do or die matter.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by massach79: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2010
What if he wins 2011 polls
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by asha80(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2010
ACUT3X:

the people who support him those in the diaspora. No sane Nigerian living in Nigeria would do that. Morever all it takes to stop him is a Nigerian youth high on drugs and armed with this,

Emperor Olu how far now  grin
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by teskyg: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
and nothing will stop you from been disgrace.idiot.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by shotster50(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
You might want to get those apples and indian ladies ready.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Wahala90: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2010
IBB, RIDE ON! LET THEM SAY. WE ARE BEHIND YOU.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Teminio: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2010
Nothing will stop IBB from national disgrace and electoral calamity.

God that showed His mightiness in the case of Abacha hasn’t gone on vacation!
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by daywatcher: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
nonscensical
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Carlosein(m): 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
Wahala90:

I guess by 'we' you mean you and the other cretins from minna.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Teminio: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
Wahala90:

This is a cliche! Hossana today, Nail him to the cross tomorrow.

Association of Badder Nigeria.  Where is your Lagos office?
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by fxskye: 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2010
Nothing will stop Nigerians from separating civil war if INEC declares IBB as the winner of 2011 Presidential Pool.

Enough of IBB & Co.!

Beta Soon 9ja!
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
IBB is busy preparing himself for a very hefty presidential payoff from GEJ, grin

Naija militicians,
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2010
IBB is busy preparing himself for a very hefty presidential payoff from GEJ, grin

The more noisier,the heftier the package

Naija militicians,
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by oladayo042: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2010
beknown:

This is the mentality of Nigeria politicians.

IBB can afford to spend huge sums of money because he has too much of it. That is the money for the Nigerian masses - he diverted the money for himself and family.

When will Nigeria leaders and ex-leaders change from their wicked looting and corruption?

IBB has no shame. Politics no be by force oh. No be do or die matter.

Where are you when Baba Iyabo say na "do or die"?
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by bisiaet: 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2010
IBB has the right to say what he said that nobody can stop him. For sure their may be no one to stop him but for him to become president is a joke. We are waiting to see his joker this time around. This man forget that the more he pushes himself out for the presidency the more he reduces the chance of the North coming to power. People are more wiser now than what it was before, people are getting to realised that though money is our politics but at the long run it was them the masses that will suffer it so every reasonable person in the street are begining to realise money politics add more sorrow and pains than what the money itself can change or buy.

Anyway I wish IBB goodluck pls just keep on be adamant to become president and we shall all see how it will happen though in Nigeria all is possible I never for a second doubt that but for the case of IBB for presidency let wait and see.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2010
All i known is If IBB do all he can do, Goodluck Jonathan has the winning Passion in him, remember he is Goodluck and also Jonathan
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by jamace(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
We are waiting to shatter the ambition!  angry
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Acutex: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
asha aint u mistaking me for someone else?
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Depilot(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2010
For sure their may be no one to stop him but for him to become president is a joke
This is bull sh1t!
This is the only problem I have here. Babangida is not by himself, there are other criminals seeking for the same position. And for any of these criminals to become president of this country will be nothing but a big joke.  
I think we are focusing too much on just Babangida, I still believe that there are many other devils walking around us and if we are not careful one of them may be elected.
Can you imagine our god fathers (Obasanjo and Tinubu) trying to push another criminal like themselves into the Aso Rock? Instead of focusing and rejecting all of them all together, Babangida seems to be the only candidate my brothers continue to sweat on a regular.

Our Slogan should be, we will not vote for anyone that has no credibility or any existing politician. We should only cast our vote for a brand new politician that is sincere, educated and has credibility.
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by seanet02: 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2010
Wahala90:

slowpoke!!! SO FOLKS LIKE YOU STILL EXIST, SORRY THIS IS WHAT YOUR LAME FAMILY CAN PRESENT TO THE NATION, LOW IQ IS DEFINITELY YOUR PROBLEM
ENROLL FOR ADULT EDUCATION
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2010
Soon, the election will be hear and gone.
Hope people will make sure they vote
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by bobmatek: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
, from loosing the primaries,
Re: 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! by kobikwelu(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2010
lets watch\

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Dino Melaye's Battered Wife & Hospital Records As Proof / Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.