Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread (159649 Views)

UI 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2019/2020 UNILAG DIPLOMA/FOUNDATION PROGRAMME DETAILS - 08158942445 / Official FUOYE 2019/2020 Cut Off Mark For Admission - All Departments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by OGJames007: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
cecilia4:
make sure that the passport is in the right dimension as stated

Yes, it is but it refuse to upload
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by OGJames007: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
OGJames007:

Yes, it is but it refuse to upload

Please assist me o
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by hombre(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2019
Rhemmyma:

Please send the test questions to me on aderemibamgboye@yahoo.com

In case you have it. Kindly forward it to majekdre@gmail.com.
I will appreciate it if you can.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by mayowa94: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2019
mayowa94:
Will the English test be done during registration or after?
??
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Helinojojo: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2019
Please if you have forwarded your transcript let me know and how . Thank you
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by femores: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
APPLY FOR ENERGY STUDIES AND ENERGY LAW PROGRAMME AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN

Apply to the Centre for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law (CPEEL) in the 2019/2020 University of Ibadan Postgraduate Admission Exercise.

The following Degree Programmes are available:

1. M.Sc. & Ph.D. (Energy Studies) with specialization in:

Energy and Environment
Energy Economics
Energy Finance
Energy Policy
Oil and Gas Economics
Economics of the Power Industry
Renewable Energy

2. LL.M. & Ph.D. (Energy Law)

Requirement

Entry into the graduate programme shall be on a competitive basis. The criteria for admitting students to the Programme include the following:

An applicant must have a good first degree in Economics, Engineering, Law, or a related field.
The degree must be from a recognized academic institution of higher learning

For a Ph.D., the applicant must also have a good Master’s degree in Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Law, Mathematics, etc from a recognized institution.

Programme Duration & Admission Requirements

The duration for the M.Sc. Energy Studies programme is a minimum of 3 Semesters of full time studies. Applicants are required to have a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the Social Sciences, Science, Engineering or Agriculture and Forestry. They should also possess 5 Credits at one or 6 Credits at two sittings including English Language and Mathematics.

The duration for the Ph.D. Energy Studies is a minimum of 6 Semesters of full time studies. Candidates with relevant and applicable M.Sc degrees can proceed to M.Phil., M.Phil./Ph.D. or Ph.D. Only applicants with a minimum average of 60% in any of the relevant and applicable Master’s programme, including M.Sc. (Energy Studies) from the University of Ibadan can apply directly for Ph.D.

The duration for the LL.M. Energy Law programme is a minimum of 3 Semesters of full time studies. Applicants are required to have a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Law. They should also possess 5 Credits at one or 6 Credits at two sittings including English Language, and Literature in English.

The duration for the Ph.D. Energy Law is a minimum of 6 Semesters of full time studies. Candidates with relevant and applicable LL.M. degree can proceed to M.Phil., M.Phil./Ph.D. or Ph.D. Only applicants with a minimum average of 60% in any of the relevant and applicable Master’s programme, including LL.M. (Energy Law) from the University of Ibadan can apply directly for Ph.D.

ABOUT CPEEL

The Centre for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law is a John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation funded regional Centre of Excellence with the main goal of training highly skilled personnel and conducting research in energy. The Centre is multidisciplinary in concept and practice and it brings together economists, engineers, lawyers, finance experts, scientists and other relevant professionals in order to address energy issues in a holistic manner.

The Centre is uniquely positioned, with research and teaching collaborations with globally acclaimed institutions in the United Kingdom, United States of America and Ghana. The Centre also emphasizes strong linkage with the energy industry and policy world.

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
OGJames007:

Please assist me o

Please and Please we need help. I have been on this passport issue for like forever
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Globalupdates: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
SamNeds:

Please and Please we need help. I have been on this passport issue for like forever

Mine has finally uploaded......
my passport has uploaded. i followed someone's lead here who said "Send your passport (resized to less than 100kb) to someones whatsapp and have them send it back to you.
i noticed my passport was 10.36kb and when i attempted again, it uploaded successfully
So all those having passport upload issues should use the whatsapp way.....
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2019
OGJames007:

Please assist me o

my passport has uploaded. i followed someone's lead here who said "Send your passport (resized to less than 100kb) to someones whatsapp and have them send it back to you.
i noticed my passport was 10.36kb and when i attempted again, it uploaded successfully
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
Helinojojo:
Please if you have forwarded your transcript let me know and how . Thank you

Please what is required for transcript?

Again, i noticed my application is bearing 2018/2019 Anybody experienced same
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Rock7(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
Please anyone with the English proficiency past question
Please send to tobeeyrock@gmail.com
And when is the test please
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by moorevic(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
I have a pass with less than 2.50 as cgp, can I still apply for a pgd course in accounting
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by lilliesboy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
The Instructions or procedures for sending in your Transcript to the Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan, are there on the Guideline. Or, once you have paid and (almost) completed the application process, they will tell you how to go about it.

Basically, it requires you printing out a "Transcript Label Form" (which will be available on your dashboard) and taking it to your alma mater for them to attach to your Transcript and send it to the Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan.

You will NOT be asked to upload your Transcript during or after registration, your alma mater will forward it by themselves to the PG College. Graduates of the University of Ibadan do not need to send their Transcript as the University of Ibadan already have it.

Finally, you may choose to send your Transcript shortly AFTER sitting for the EPT and/or Departmental Test and seeing your score. It is NOT compulsory that you have to send your Transcript now or immediately after registration. To safe money and time, you may choose to sit for the Test, KNOW your score and CHANCES of Admission before sending in your Transcript. Although, during my time I paid for and forwarded my Transcript even BEFORE sitting for the Test. It is a choice!

1 Like

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by dayowunmi(m): 1:49am On Aug 23, 2019
mikegeo:
Pls am having issue with paying, have created about 3 profile and anytime i log out, i can't use the account again.
I don't get any OTP and that's where i get stucked.
which other means is very straight forward or how can i get the OTP fast?
The online payment platform seem to be down. I was told haven't been working for a while. I had to print invoice and pay cash at the bank. Am afraid, till its back working, u may have to generate invoice at a café and then go and pay the money in cash. The profile ish is really annoying. Had to create 2 new emails cos the profiles seemed timed. If u don't make payment soon after opening it. It may stop working. Dunno who came up with such ridiculous idea.

1 Like

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by brightballer(m): 3:28am On Aug 23, 2019
lilliesboy:
The Instructions or procedures for sending in your Transcript to the Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan, are there on the Guideline. Or, once you have paid and (almost) completed the application process, they will tell you how to go about it.

Basically, it requires you printing out a "Transcript Label Form" (which will be available on your dashboard) and taking it to your alma mater for them to attach to your Transcript and send it to the Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan.

You will NOT be asked to upload your Transcript during or after registration, your alma mater will forward it by themselves to the PG College. Graduates of the University of Ibadan do not need to send their Transcript as the University of Ibadan already have it.

Finally, you may choose to send your Transcript shortly AFTER sitting for the EPT and/or Departmental Test and seeing your score. It is NOT compulsory that you have to send your Transcript now or immediately after registration. To safe money and time, you may choose to sit for the Test, KNOW your score and CHANCES of Admission before sending in your Transcript. Although, during my time I paid for and forwarded my Transcript even BEFORE sitting for the Test. It is a choice!

Hello, bro. I need your help urgently on a question I would ask. I'm going for an Msc in Climate and Society Program at the Centre for Sustainable Development (CESDEV). Could you help find out if one of the O'level requirements is Economics?.

I didn't write Economics in WAEC which I have been using for years but have in NECO which I can't even find the statement of result.

Could you help me get this little information from the center? It's at Obafemi Awolowo Way, Old Bodija. No 20.

Thanks. I await your reply.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by ezybaba(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2019
please add 07033870653 to the whatsapp group
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
dayowunmi:

The online payment platform seem to be down. I was told haven't been working for a while. I had to print invoice and pay cash at bank. Am afraid, till its back working, u may have to generate invoice at bank and then go and pay the money in cash. The profile ish is really annoying. Had to create 2 new emails cos the profiles seemed timed. If u don't make payment soon after opening it. It may stop working. Dunno who came up with such ridiculous idea.

Applicants can try the Direct Debit From Bank Option....
Forget the Debit/Credit card. After so many trials on Debit/Credit card, i used the direct debit from bank and the payment went through once
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
ezybaba:
please add 07033870653 to the whatsapp group

Please add 08035972408 to the whatsapp group
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by mikegeo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE, ITS NOT GOING FOR TOO LONG.
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE HELP
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Helinojojo: 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
lilliesboy:

Thank you. Please I will love to have your number.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by dannyel(m): 6:36am On Aug 24, 2019
SamNeds:

This isnt working for me.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by dannyel(m): 6:37am On Aug 24, 2019
SamNeds:

Please add 08035972408 to the whatsapp group

Wouldnt mind if you add me too.... 08135511556
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2019
dannyel:

This isnt working for me.

Hope your passport has a white background
Then when uploading the passport, ensure IT IS THE RESENT ONE FROM WHATSAPP U ARE UPLOADING. REMEMBER THERE WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME..
ADD FROM WHATSAPP PICTURES
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Maya4eva: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2019
dayowunmi:

The online payment platform seem to be down. I was told haven't been working for a while. I had to print invoice and pay cash at bank. Am afraid, till its back working, u may have to generate invoice at bank and then go and pay the money in cash. The profile ish is really annoying. Had to create 2 new emails cos the profiles seemed timed. If u don't make payment soon after opening it. It may stop working. Dunno who came up with such ridiculous idea.

Wait.... What?! So, by implication, I'll have to open a THIRD email? I've been trying to pay online since Friday to no avail. I decided to wait until Monday. Now this. It is well o.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Maya4eva: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2019
SamNeds:

Applicants can try the Direct Debit From Bank Option....
Forget the Debit/Credit card. After so many trials on Debit/Credit card, i used the direct debit from bank and the payment went through once

I tried this o. Several times in fact. It didn't work. Once I got to the page where I'm sent the OTP, the page goes blank. I tried reloading the page but it didn't come back up. Someone please help!
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by dannyel(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2019
add me 08135511556
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by dannyel(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2019
SamNeds:

Hope your passport has a white background
Then when uploading the passport, ensure IT IS THE RESENT ONE FROM WHATSAPP U ARE UPLOADING. REMEMBER THERE WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME..
ADD FROM WHATSAPP PICTURES

Yes...Just have you said it. Still not uploading. kindly add me to the whatsapp page. 08135511556. thanks
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by dayowunmi(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
Maya4eva:

Wait.... What?! So, by implication, I'll have to open a THIRD email? I've been trying to pay online since Friday to no avail. I decided to wait until Monday. Now this. It is well o.
If the last login details no more logs in. Am afraid u may need a new email address to commence a fresh application o. Cos the last one will likely not be accepted again! If you have other mail address u haven't used for application for Ui pg school then use it for a fresh application but if u don't have, u may have to open a fresh account o.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by babtoundey(m): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
Please, help. I have successfully submitted my application but the status shows to errors. the first one is concerned with English proficiency and the other one says I am not expected to fill in my matric. Though I am not bothered with the one that has to do with English Proficiency test (as I haven't written that), but I the other one... I don't really know how to go about it.
In case there is room for modification, am I supposed to fill the part that asks if I have attended the school before and that of the Matric Number?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
SamNeds:

Please what is required for transcript?

Again, i noticed my application is bearing 2018/2019 Anybody experienced same

Mine is also bearing 2018/2019 and I'm concerned about that. Please are all the 3 referees supposed to be lecturers from your school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (71) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 / FG Reaction On ASUP Strike In Polytechnics / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.