Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread (159746 Views)

UI 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2019/2020 UNILAG DIPLOMA/FOUNDATION PROGRAMME DETAILS - 08158942445 / Official FUOYE 2019/2020 Cut Off Mark For Admission - All Departments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by linked: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
Okebunachi1:
Myself, I'm having issues with sending a message to my referees. Currently the application page is no longer offering me the leverage to resend the request to my referees. All what is boldly written therein is "DONE".

Can UI offer prospective applicants admission without any input from our referees seeing the challenge is coming from their own end?
The matter get as e be o
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Maya4eva: 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
roshyb:
Good evening nairalanders, please, only one out of the three referees that I stated has gotten the mail and submitted d referee report. I have re-resent the mail countless number of times all to no avail.
Now, I tried to change the referees but it keeps displaying 'done'.
What do I do, please help.

Also, Is there a whatsApp group for applicants in the Chemistry department? If yes, kindly add me.
Thanks in anticipation of your positive response
08066755270 is my whatspp number

Keep resending. It happened to me, although I applied earlier. I had to keep resending over and over until they were able to get the link.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Archbishop88: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
linked:
What can I do bro?... Any suggestion?
Keep sending until it get to them.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by porsia: 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
Okebunachi1:
Myself, I'm having issues with sending a message to my referees. Currently the application page is no longer offering me the leverage to resend the request to my referees. All what is boldly written therein is "DONE".

Can UI offer prospective applicants admission without any input from our referees seeing the challenge is coming from their own end?

My sister too has been in this same boat for a long time now, only one referee has seen d msg, d others none!.. let's hope UI does something coz all dey keep saying @ d pgschl is dat dey are working on it!..

1 Like

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Fergie001 I sent you a pm. Can you please reply? Thanks.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by fergie001: 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
Vincad:
Fergie001 I sent you a pm. Can you please reply? Thanks.
Didn't see it on my mail, try re-sending....
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
Fergie001 I can't find the mail but I can see the notification on nairaland. Let me just ask you here, even at the risk of sounding dumb.

1. Can I put my NYSC work experience under appointment information? I just concluded NYSC and that's the only work experience I have.

2. What do they mean by sponsorship?

3. Under the section for TPE, there are two options, Lagos and Ibadan and an update button. Am I supposed to choose my location now or till the date for the exam comes out? Also, I'm not sure how to pay for the TPE.

4. My referees can't see the email, can I submit and reopen later?

5. Under the section for publications, thesis or essay, is my undergrad project work acceptable?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by fergie001: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Vincad:
Fergie001 I can't find the mail but I can see the notification on nairaland. Let me just ask you here, even at the risk of sounding dumb.

1. Can I put my NYSC work experience under appointment information? I just concluded NYSC and that's the only work experience I have.

2. What do they mean by sponsorship?

3. Under the section for TPE, there are two options, Lagos and Ibadan and an update button. Am I supposed to choose my location now or till the date for the exam comes out? Also, I'm not sure how to pay for the TPE.

4. My referees can't see the email, can I submit and reopen later?

5. Under the section for publications, thesis or essay, is my undergrad project work acceptable?

Sorry bro....that's the problem I am facing too and am surprised at it. I don't understand NL but will look through it.

No question is dumb bro, your future might just depend on it.

1. Yes, you can use your NYSC work experience; if you have SIWES experience based on your course, you can also add it.
If you don't have, your NYSC is dope.

2. Sponsorship means those who will sponsor your program. Perhaps your parents or guardian.

3.Where will you like to sit for your exams, IBADAN or Lagos?
I don't know your department but I will advise you choose IBADAN. This is because some departments in previous years, sit for their departmental exam same day. Last year, everyone was taken to IBADAN, irrespective where they chose.
My advise from experience...IBADAN.

4. Seems everyone is complaining, continue trying and when it persists, send a message to the MIS.
I will place some calls tomorrow to the MIS to know first hand what's up.
On how to pay for the TPE, times have changed....our time was different and easier, now is a bit complicated. I think this thread will do justice to that. All the same, it involves you getting to the website, filling a form and generate a remita for payment.

5. Yes...publications or undergraduate essay is good.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by lilliesboy(m): 2:10am On Sep 20, 2019
blackknyte:
Hi guys,

Please could someone share the link to pay for the English Proficiency Test because I didn't see any request for it while filling my form....

URGENT!!!
How and where did you graduate from?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 7:31am On Sep 20, 2019
fergie001:

Sorry bro....that's the problem I am facing too and am surprised at it. I don't understand NL but will look through it.

1. Yes, you can use your NYSC work experience; if you have SIWES experience based on your course, you can also add it.

2. Sponsorship means those who will sponsor your program. Perhaps your parents or guardian.

I don't know your department but I will advise you choose IBADAN. This is because some departments in previous years, sit for their departmental exam same day. Last year, everyone was taken to IBADAN, irrespective where they chose.

4. Seems everyone is complaining, continue trying and when it persists, send a message to the MIS.
On how to pay for the TPE, times have changed....our time was different and easier, now is a bit complicated. I think this thread will do justice to that. All the same, it involves you getting to the website, filling a form and generate a remita for payment.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2019
lilliesboy:

How and where did you graduate from?

Lilliesboy I also didn't see it and I'm confused
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by fergie001: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2019
Vincad:

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
Always welcome Sir...
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Hello, please is the post graduate form still on?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Helinojojo: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
gensteejay:

Links to download the relevant materials for the EPT preparation:
1. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G6tu2W5yx5_9_8YA71erR6qMm6ahEg2V

2. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1MSgSDZ6ff0L2UaB-M7OY3nBeu-1RC1k8

You can go through a similar thread for last year's applicants to confirm if your department will give an entrance exam.

Or if you're close to UI, try to get first-hand information from present M.Sc. students in the department to which you applied.

Beware of people without scruples lurking on WhatsApp groups to exploit unsuspecting applicants.

Thank you
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Helinojojo: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
fergie001:

Pls I need I whatsap group. Thanks
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by SamNeds(m): 5:42am On Sep 21, 2019
YES, i am going for public health too.
please add me to the whatsapp group 08035972408

eramate:
Please any info about public health application form... Please very urgent
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Link to the general group: https://chatwhatsapp.com/HTaqcwYXBIoKGQvNsMAMPD

Copy and paste the link on a browser, put dot (.) between chat and whatsapp, and press Enter.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Yooruba1914: 10:13am On Sep 21, 2019
porsia:
Hi, the "Referral link" method u explained to Me in d morning didn't work out. My sister's referees are still saying d same thing after trying that method..they got d message but No link to click even after dey have tried reporting as "not spam".. What else do u suggest since deadline is in 2 days..Its very frustrating >:
hello how did you resolve the referral link issue. I have the same challenge
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2019
gensteejay:
Link to the general group: https://chatwhatsapp.com/HTaqcwYXBIoKGQvNsMAMPD

Copy and paste the link on a browser, put dot (.) between chat and whatsapp, and press Enter.

@gensteejay How did you pay for the English proficiency test? I did not see any link when registering.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2019
Vincad:

@gensteejay How did you pay for the English proficiency test? I did not see any link when registering.
I traveled to Ibadan and paid in UI Microfinance Bank.

People that paid online can advise you on this issue. Try to post it on the WhatsApp group.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2019
gensteejay:

I traveled to Ibadan and paid in UI Microfinance Bank.

People that paid online can advise you on this issue. Try to post it on the WhatsApp group.

Thanks, I will do that. Let me also ask here.

Guys how did you all pay for your English proficiency test online? Anyone that paid online should please reply.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2019
Vincad:

Thanks, I will do that. Let me also ask here.

Guys how did you all pay for your English proficiency test online? Anyone that paid online should please reply.
Once you pay the application fee, EPT fee is already part of it.

We're not to make a separate payment for that.

1 Like

Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Profmaojo: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
Yooruba1914:
it worked. Thanks
what size did you resize it to
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by linked: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2019
Archbishop88:

My bro.. I have tried countless times. But I want to change my referees' email address. Will I need to reactivate the form first since I have submitted previously?.. please help
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 9:15am On Sep 22, 2019
gensteejay:

Once you pay the application fee, EPT fee is already part of it.

We're not to make a separate payment for that.

Thanks
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by linked: 9:37am On Sep 22, 2019
Archbishop88:

I have done this countless times. However, I want to change the email addresses of my referees. Do I have to reactivate the form since I have submitted already?. I what to change their email addresses from their official email to their personal email. please, how can I do this?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by derommyvent: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
Please can I still purchase a form?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by porsia: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
Yooruba1914:
hello how did you resolve the referral link issue. I have the same challenge

It's still the same story o bro!. My sis has gone to d pgschool countless times and what they keep saying is that the link is down that they are working on it. She has sent and resent d link tire, still the same thing. However, someone advised her to stop resending it till maybe after the EPT exam..
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by lilliesboy(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2019
Vincad:

Lilliesboy I also didn't see it and I'm confused
Remain confused.
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by Vincad: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
lilliesboy:

Remain confused.

Oga calm down. You don't always have to be so rude. My people will tell you that whoever asks questions does not get lost. Besides I've already gotten my answer. Someone got the answer from the WhatsApp group and still came to nairaland to inform me. Isn't it your fellow human that did that?
Re: UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread by linked: 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hello guys... still same old story. My referees are yet to receive the link. I have changed my referees' email addresses to their personal emails. They have seen nothing yet. I am tired of asking my referees if they have seen the link.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (71) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 / FG Reaction On ASUP Strike In Polytechnics / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.