Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola (36442 Views)

Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Shikena(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
awelekiti:
You too dey support this move abi? Let them try it in your region, if there won't be crisis. What the school needs isn't renaming but development. They could build theatre halls or a modern engineering workshop with modern equipment and name it after shagari. The mumu of a man is just looking for trouble.
Watch her go bunkers when UNN is renamed Bola Tinubu University Nsukka (Greatest BOTUNs) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by taretoofine(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
if they like they should change it to brother Shagi university angry
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by gagadey(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
Oweku:
When obj dies, God forbid you will change that of ogun State to OBJ and when BAT dies you change LASU to BAT..

When you are over comfortable you talk anyhow like Afe Babalola.. angry

Shey d man get sch na. Make he rename him private sch. Dat one naim easy pass
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
Shikena:

... what if that's the gameplan? Who will be the loser? (Totally unlikely scenario, just making us think)
it will be rebuilt with FG money to pacify the zone.
Nigeria and it taxpayers will be the loser i
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Shikena(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
With this embarrassing call by the learned Chief Afe Babalola, I feel Nigerians need to be enlightened about the cost implication of changing the name of any institution not to talk of an established university. If you need to immortalize people through the education sector, you can always build a center of excellence in one of our existing universities and name it after the individual. Isn't this a great opportunity to build a healthcare research center at the University of Abuja named after Shehu Shagari? With that, our president, presidential aspirants, wives of presidents, ex-presidents etc won't have to go and die in foreign hospitals anymore. That's just one of several positives things we could do without name change that comes with huge costs in changing names on certificates, transcripts, billboards, buildings, stationery, vehicles, equipment, lab tools, numerous bank documents etc etc.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by koyeni(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
Okay
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Shikena(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mk17:

it will be rebuilt with FG money to pacify the zone.
Nigeria and it taxpayers will be the loser i
Yes, a long and tortuous rebuild process that may take several years and enrich the master planners since it's federal contract grin grin
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by ImperialYoruba: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
Doesnt Afe Babalola have his own university? Whats wrong with changing its name to immortalize Shagari...?
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
Chococandy:

My region has no alliance with the north.
haha
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
Shikena:

Watch her go bunkers when UNN is renamed Bola Tinubu University Nsukka (Greatest BOTUNs) grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Shikena:

Yes, a long and tortuous rebuild process that may take several years and enrich the master planners since it's federal contract grin grin
It won't take long. Political projects don't take long
It can only take long if the current president is not seeking reelection.
If you see the speed okowa used in repairing the bad road in my hometown just because stone were thrown at his convoy by okada boys and students.it took him only one week to reassign the project to another contractor and before another two weeks real construction work has started. They are only applying finishing touch to the road now.
If stones were not thrown at him the road will still be there
We are the cause of our problems in Nigeria as we are too afraid to fight for our rights.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Bimpe29: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alumnus of FUTA's is not only childish but subjective.

How has changing University of Ife to Obafemi Awolowo University affected the students whom have graduated before Awolowo was immortalized?
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by prof12(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Why is this Babalola ranting a rabbis infected idiot.
The federal government reserved the right to name any federal institution after any late national leader.
I think he(Babalola should apologize to the Shagari family because to me he and his alumni noise is an insult to the late President.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Pigsandidiots: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Am in support of immortalising shagari's name with that of futa.

It should be changed coz this is one nigeria....anybody that is against this is against Nigerian unity.....

We have no other country but nigeria and shagari is nigeria former president.

It should be changed to his name....as fast as possible.
Did your father not having school. Go n change your father's house to suagari.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by prof12(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
Did your father not having school. Go n change your father's house to suagari.

My guy chill down.
By the time the name is changed tell all the students and parents not in support to please change their school.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Pigsandidiots: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
Olukat:
Babalola should change the name of his university to Shagari University shocked shocked
Simple

1 Like

Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Pigsandidiots: 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
prof12:

My guy chill down.
By the time the name is changed tell all the students and parents not in support to please change their school.

Who will change it, your father i guess.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by TemmyT002(m): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
They should not try that nonsense o.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Ayobami7(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
好的
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by duality(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
Not a bad idea. Actually, i would have preferred UNILAG instead of FUTA
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by fergie001: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
LZAA:

Isn't uni ibadan OAU?
grin
No nah....

OAU is different from Unibadan nah....
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by fergie001: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
Shikena:

UNILAG people were saying the same thing until GEJ came for them - that's a university specially created with an act of the federal parliament grin
Just watch out for Olusegun Obasanjo University Ibadan (former University of Ibadan) in the near future and be ready to fight, mark my words!
UNN can't be changed. It speaks for itself - University of Nigeria (One Nation), Nsukka.
Nah......U no well grin

Seriously speaking
University of Ibadan will never be named after anybody...I repeat NEVER
University of Nigeria will also not be named....Zik comes close to been named after that....but...since NAU has that.....

Forget others....In Public Universities in this country....UI & UNN stand out...

When Baba OBJ joins his ancestors....FUNAAB or FUPRE(a Univ he made Federal) could be named after him!
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Skmoda360(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Am in support of immortalising shagari's name with that of futa.

It should be changed coz this is one nigeria....anybody that is against this is against Nigerian unity.....

We have no other country but nigeria and shagari is nigeria former president.

It should be changed to his name....as fast as possible.
Are you OK at all? Think again before typing.....

1 Like

Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Brainner(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
FUTA will become SSUTA grin
I laugh in Swahili here
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Aarenaija: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
As mush I respect and love the likes of Afe Babalola SAN, I am tempted to say he did not think this suggestion through. Or old age is beginning to affect baba Afe.

He should rather be silent instead of embarrassing himself because this is the lowest that can come from a personality of his status. Very embarrassing.

If he so mush love Shagari to be so immortalised, let him surrender his ABUA nomenclature for Shagaris.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by MONITZ: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2019
mushystuff:
Some of these our Southern leaders/prominent persons...I did not hear of any suggestion from any northern quarter to rename any higher institution in the north after the late Ekwueme who was Shagari's VP. Even Afe himself did not suggest that so what is this madness now? Na dem carry one-Nigeria for head yet when time reach na our Southern children dem go send to go die for north in the name of federal security forces fighting boko haram.

Bxos they re lackeys and toadies of the north ,always rushing and wanting to please the caliphate,and I don't mean just the south west alone Bt the entire southern Nigeria...
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by rotile247(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
Blackfire:
Yoruba people

Un-united in progress always doing eye-service for personal and selfish gain. Imagine Afe
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by neonly: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Afe has it own school let him change it MONKEY
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
You guys are not patriotic to this country....let futa be renamed after shagari....he even deserve more than that.
Re: Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola by Vtrd: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
Shikena:

Naming UNN after Bola Ahmed tinubu would be highly disrespectful to the prestigious university.

Nigeria's first indigenous university established by zik himself with so many distinguished alumni ,now named after a con man.

It would be the height of madness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policeman Dancing While Standing On A Moving Bike In Abuja. PICS / Governor Builds Hotel With $3m Paris Club Refund Cash / Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.