Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" (17814 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Why Messi Can't Play For Free At Barcelona / Messi Can't Get In Manchester City's Team - Danny Mills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
Techiekingee:

Define skills
leave story you know what he is talking about. Can messi count leg over?
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Techiekingee(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:

Ogbeni what skills does Messi has other than 1 dimensional dribbles (though very effective).??
What do you need football skills 4 as a Forward??... To beat a defender.... If i must tell u, Messi's skills are his Speed, Agility, acceleration, dribbling etc... Do u think all players av these??
I guess wat u mean are 'TRICKS'
Messi doesn't need Tricks like Step overs, flip flap etc to beat a player as his skills are enough to do that for him...

PS-Messi does have a trick.... Have u heard of body feints?
Google 'body feints' and u'll see it's all about Messi

5 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Techiekingee(m): 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
leave story you know what he is talking about. Can messi count leg over?
What do you need football skills 4 as a Forward??... To beat a defender.... If i must tell u, Messi's skills are his Speed, Agility, acceleration, dribbling etc... Do u think all players av these??
Messi doesn't need Tricks like Step overs, flip flap etc to beat a player as his skills are enough to do that for him...

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
lolx ..I didn't watch Pele , but that dude is overrated . Make I tell u y

The first WC Pele won he was still a kid then , he wasn't the best player in the team sef.
The second WC he won he just played the group stages and got injured , gaarincha practically won them the WC
The third WC I heard Brazil had lots and lots of WC players like rivellino and the rest .

Pele is really lucky he won three WC ,not becos he's good but becos he had a really really good Brazilian team , this was when the Brazilian league was one of the best if not the best in the world then. That's y I always say he's overrated , he's good but overrated . I rate Messi , Ronaldo delima, maradona, Ronaldo ahead of him . Some of the old Brazilian locals in Brazil believes gaarincha was a better player than Pele but Pele was more recognised cos he had good antics , he was the kinda guy a lady would take home to meet her parents . But gaarincha was a drunkard , a womaniser , he slept with prostitutes and didn't train at times ...I have read a lot about the guy and watched some clips TV , dude was a freaking bad a*s dribbler . Imagine say pesn de show 2000's skills for 1955 u go fear na .....Pele with his 1000gols only few were in competitive tournaments . Ronaldo and Messi don De catch am for competitive gols . I de so sure say one of dem go break that golden record stuff . Cos he has like 750 official gols .

Their leagues weren't competitive, really? Wow. How many people in his era scored that many goals? He's been celebrated for decades as the greatest, I guess you know more than FIFA.

It's like assuming that bill gates is smarter than Albert Einstein
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
Techiekingee:

we dey talk of leg wonders na. Feint na shallo na
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lucid1:

Their leagues weren't competitive, really? Wow. How many people in his era scored that many goals? He's been celebrated for decades as the greatest, I guess you know more than FIFA.

my brother. I tire since they were counting offside why did others not score as much goals. Messi no good as baba, na him funny style dey deceive us.

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Segekesy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
so now it is messi that won the under 20 its no longer team work
sure it is team work , just wanna remind those saying he won no medal for Argentina
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
oya disapprove what i said dumbass

Look at your heat map, so ronaldo spent 90 Minutes in the oppositions penalty areas and don't touch the ball in midfield, didn't drop back to defend corners or anything of that sort?

This proves you're the simpleton between us

Copy and paste generation, I don't expect much from your kind
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by chiboy1116: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lucid1:

no bro ...he's overrated ...romario evn has more gols than him so scoring 1k gols isn't really an achievement . Almost half of his gols were from training games .

2 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Techiekingee(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
we dey talk of leg wonders na. Feint na shallo na
U no get point

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
Segekesy:
sure it is team work , just wanna remind those saying he won no medal for Argentina
but that one is not main one. Even chrisantus has medal for naija
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by STILESGANG: 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Adakintroy:
Leave pele. He only had one great world cup. When he was 17. The other two were won for him. Plus his imaginary 1000 goals were score at Santos not even in a top European league an act witness only by him.

Maradona got send off in his first world cup..but was explosive in the next and won it. Got to the final in his third. Got sign to bacelona could not play. Was chip to napoli..we're he won a miserable single league title plus one European cup.

In case of Messi you are a witness to his achievements. He may not have won the world cup, but he has come mightily close. Same with the Copa america. But as for club football and personal honors he is way ahead of those two. Plus he can play football.

So in judging we should not use one particular standard. Rather notice , that were one excel the other failed. Maybe Just simply a case of faith.

Aside anyone who has ever played football, looking at how that boy played football, neat, controversy free and humble and still thinks he has not earn the right to be compared to the all time great is not a football lover.
Im a big messi fan but you are really trying to downplay these guys achievements in a bid to uplift messi. Maradona took a mid table napoli in the toughest league in the world(then) to domestic and european glory.Same with argentina world cup exploits.i doubt messi can do that.
When it comes to something as subjective as the greatest of all time,people are never going to agree but we can agree that pele, maradona, messi are all the best players of their generation.

3 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by chiboy1116: 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
story why did we not hear other names like his since there were better players than him
oga didn't u read ? Pele had good antics, character and lived a good life . Gaarincha was the opposite . Read about George best and gaarincha .
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by CuntMiner(m): 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:
Top 10, players ever with respect to records and trophies won for both club and country....

Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Ronaldo de Lima
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Johan Cryuff
Ronaldinho
Beckenbauer
Alfredo di Stefanp
what of platini
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by GloriaNino: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
but that one is not main one. Even chrisantus has medal for naija
Pls bro, Wetin Chrisantus win for Naija?
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
oga didn't u read ? Pele had good antics, character and lived a good life . Gaarincha was the opposite . Read about George best and gaarincha .
which one is good life. George best is even more heard of that the gaarincha. Best is a utd legend. Tyson had a bad life and is still among the best boxers of all time.

And again is it only Pele and gaarincha that played. Call the other better players na
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
GloriaNino:

Pls bro, Wetin Chrisantus win for Naija?
seems you were born 2009. You have google use it wisely.
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
no bro ...he's overrated ...romario evn has more gols than him so scoring 1k gols isn't really an achievement . Almost half of his gols were from training games .

He's not overrated, people that played football with him have confessed to his greatness , you're here trying to belittle him, it's sadenning. Give honor to whom honor is due.

We need to quit this pull them down syndrome, your disposition reminds me of the divide that thinks Game of Thrones is trash and the others that claim iphones are crap and overrated.

I respect your opinion but I think you're wrong bro
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
MufasaRebirth:
Has Zico scored 91 goals in a calendar year

Win the best player in the word 5 times ?

Golden shoe 5 times

Does he have a private jet

Messi is the best player in whole wide world

If Zico doesn’t like that he should go and drink sniper

Nigerians read, WORLDCUP, With xavi, Ronaldinho, deco, ineista you can score 94 in La Liga, mind you, before you talk, those 3 won something for their country, at least 3 trophies, deco was in the golden generation of Portugal, HE MENTIONED WORLDCUP, NATIONSCUP, he won nothing, because no xavi or iniesta or Ronaldinho lol.....
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
iyke926:
Not a fan of Messi but Messi is greater than Maradona
the coke sniffer.

How can....
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
chiboy1116:

Romario has over a 1000 goals? Can you substantiate this?
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Ozkar: 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
Messi > Maradona > Cr7 > Pele > ... > Zico
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by GloriaNino: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
seems you were born 2009. You have google use it wisely.
Mumu.. Chrisantus won U-17 world cup, Messi also won U-20 world cup and an Olympic medal. You shouldn't have brought Chrisantus into the argument. That was what I wanted to elaborate to you, he's not up to his match.. and that shows you were born in 2013.
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
GloriaNino:

Mumu.. Chrisantus won U-17 world cup, Messi also won U-20 world cup and an Olympic medal. You shouldn't have brought Chrisantus into the argument. That was what I wanted to elaborate to you, he's not up to his match.. and that shows you were born in 2013.
I no get time to argue with messi bigot. Una to dey aggressive and irrational.
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by rozayx5(m): 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
where is Bruce Lee today

in your village undecided undecided undecided
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by odizeey(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
rozayx5:

in your village undecided undecided undecided
OK.
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by jelel6: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
messi has always been compared to maradona and pele.....but ronaldo has always been compared to messi grin grin

People who know football knows Ronaldo only compares to Messi in the art of Scoring. Apart from that, he's a boring player.

3 Likes

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by goodnewscliff(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
messi not to be compared with the following
RONALDO DE LIMA.... BEST STRIKER OF ALL TIMES
RONALDINHO... AN ENTERTAINER WHO CONSIDERED FOOTBALL AS FUN
PROF ZIDANE... A FIELDER WHO FOCUSED ON WELFARE OF FELLOW PLAYERS.....
i dont know pele... nd maradonna ohhhhh.......
with their yeye ball wen dem play those years grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by Shugargal(f): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
All these colonian footballers won't allow Messi live,nawaoo..they all keep hating this Messi,na wetin na? God gave him that talent right from birth, na follow come, he didn't learn it like the other guy, that Messi hasn't won WC doesn't stop him from being the GOAT, by the way who be Zico again sef? Anyway I don't care to know you since I know Messi am fine..
Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by SkinnyNigga: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
obonujoker:

Does Messi have skills up to this players.... Ronaldinho, R9, CR7....
Note: skills not dribbles....
cr7 skill? tap in is not skill

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by GloriaNino: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
odizeey:
I no get time to argue with messi bigot. Una to dey aggressive and irrational.
Go sleep abeg, there's nothing aggressive about what I said, I just gave you facts right there nigga.

1 Like

Re: Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" by moorejewelryy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Marathon: Ethiopians Dislodge Kenyans As Winners Of Top Prizes / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Announces Retirement From International Football / Dennerby Releases Super Falcons 23 Woman List For Women's World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.