Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,766 members, 7,865,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

Why Travelling To Ghana Scares Me To Death - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Travelling To Ghana Scares Me To Death (776 Views)

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? / Why Travelling Solo As A Woman Is The Worst Thing You Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Travelling To Ghana Scares Me To Death by JoelSavage(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
After working very hard in a foreign land, it should have been an exciting experience if one intends to travel to his country of birth but I don't feel that way. My heart pounds in my chest like a criminal running from the law anytime I want to travel to Ghana.

Ghana is one of the famous countries in the world, not even Africa, because of the achievements of Kwame Nkrumah, the first prime minister of the country, who rallied behind and supported other African leaders to fight colonial powers for independence.

A publication about Ghana caught my attention some time ago: Ghana: "What’s so special in this country that everyone is talking about and wish to visit there?” It’s true, Ghana is a nice country because they treat foreigners like queens and kings, however, they treat their own nationals like street rubbish dumped at a refuse site.

Nothing in Ghana works in a good condition or the right way. The system is so corrupt that it has affected the judiciary system. The leaders make noise and boast over achievements but when in Ghana from abroad you will realize how miserable Ghana is as a country.

Even the church mouse which has nothing to feed on sometimes feel comfortable than poor ordinary Ghanaians because of the church's communion.

At times, I wonder if Ghanaian leaders take time to walk around the city to see how dirty the environments of Ghana is. Yes, Ghanaian leaders would have taken certain things into consideration or work efficiently, if any of them would have disguised himself and walk with ordinary citizens in the cities throughout Ghana.

They don’t visit the city; instead, they ride in expensive motorcade surrounded and protected by the police on motorcycles, often disturbing public peace with the blurring noise of siren, finding their way through the congested stinky environments of Accra.

The fact that nothing including the law works in Ghana scares me so much that my heart pounds in my chest whenever ready to travel to this lawless country without shame.

The only thing common in Ghanaian papers is: ‘ A mechanic jailed for stealing a goat or hen, but the corrupt Ghanaian leaders are enjoying impunity because no one sees what they do.

Corruption is so severe that like a virus it has infested Ghana beyond remedy. Businesses and banks have collapsed. The position at the moment in the Ghana Ports Authority reveals the sad and depressive state of Ghana.

Officials at the port think the best way to redeem their corruptible activities and help build Ghana is to inflate custom duties on imported goods.

Read more: https://www.modernghana.com/news/907135/why-travelling-to-ghana-scares-me-to-death.html

Re: Why Travelling To Ghana Scares Me To Death by Cately(f): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
AdSense account or YouTube with AdSense or blog with AdSense account needed
Re: Why Travelling To Ghana Scares Me To Death by celestialAgent(m): 1:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Dude probably went to Ashiama area grin
Re: Why Travelling To Ghana Scares Me To Death by Lawless101(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2019
Am not surprised at all. I was even expecting a more concrete points. but with the few facts you nailed, it does not scare a soul. if one needs to be patriotic and needs a suitable environment, I suggest Ghana is still better than Nigeria in a way or two.

forget about the environment, look at the economy and security and compare again. dollar is more profitable there than in Nigeria.
#i_stand_to_be_corrrected.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Quick Way To Travel To Morocco / Nice Places To Hangout When You Visit Togo. / What Is The Population Of Nigerians In The Diaspora?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.