Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm (12225 Views)

Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks / Muslim-Muslim ticket: I am proud of my role in stopping Tinubu –Saraki / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by Limitednow: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
Olusegun Obasanjo, Nigeria’s former president, has stated his role in the nation’s politics.

The former president quitted partisan politics in the country when he dumped the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) tearing his membership card in the process.

Prior to the 2015 general election, he pitched his tent with Muhammadu Buhari, then opposition candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

The APC flag-bearer after the endorsement of the former president won the election but the duo has fell out politically due to the second term ambition of the president.

Last year, the former president advised Mr Buhari to shelve his re-election bid due to alleged incompetence. The president has since dumped the advise in a trash can and went on to actualize his ambition.

Despite his acclaimed stance, Obasanjo has publicly endorsed Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the PDP to battle it out with the president.

Addressing Yabaji Sani, presidential candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP) and his team when they paid him a visit on Thursday at Abeokuta, Mr Obasanjo said his role in the country’s politics is to raise alarm when events turn around in the way they ought not be.

“It is undemocratic, the attitude of some politicians who heat up the polity by undermining and denigrating other Nigerians through thuggery and harassment of innocent citizens,” Obasanjo was quoted in a statement by Pam Ibrahim, Director of Media and Publicity of Sani’s Campaign team, as saying.

“My role in Nigerian politics would be that of a watchman who is expected to be vigilant and raise an alarm whenever it is necessary,” he said.

Speaking earlier, Mr Sani while urging Nigerians to vote for him and his party said he is in the race because of bad leadership of previous administration particularly in the areas of security.

“We are in a country where the security of citizens is no longer guaranteed giving the crime rate we experience on a daily basis, especially insurgency, armed robbery and kidnappings across the country”, he said.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/obasanjo-role-nigerian-politics-raise-alarm/
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
Baba, We know that without being told!

Alarm like this..........

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by princeAbjid(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
OBJ my man......Baba Agba. Who is the bagga above me??

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by Mbkite(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
post=74424902:
We

what is the meaning of "We" you typed here?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by BruncleZuma: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mbkite:

uhn?
U never even allow us comment finish, u don quote us!
Anyways, Bring it on.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by abysirius(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
False alarm..
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by enemyofprogress: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alarm raiser

The way my landlady has been eyeing me since I boughted snipper from her this morning is making me to feel uncomfortable o

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by hisexcellency34: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
The way your son Gbenga raised alarm over his wife you dey kpanshin
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by VictorRomanov: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alarm ringer! ����
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by PassingShot(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Confused frustrated man
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by Lordofthewest(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
Oga...gerrout, you're just a greedy old man after his own selfish agenda. Alarm ko alarm clock ni

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by ourfather: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
b
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by FunctionX(m): 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
but for how long has this alarm been raised ? I thought by now, baba should have quit politics n retired. . .
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by gafsal: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
This baba Iyabo is a clown �
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
The APC flag-bearer after the endorsement of the former president won the election but the duo has fell out politically due to the second term ambition of the president.

More like due to our Ex-President dubious Oil rig license not being renewed by Our darling President.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by kareemkamil(m): 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
When you don damage the country, so na to raise Alarm Abi. You no go rest in peace in your life and after your death. And all of you that damage this country like this. Una no go rest in peace even after una death.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by babyfaceafrica: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
baba,just rest and kip kwayet!!
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by alvanDgreat: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Obasanjo should just go and rest, this old men self.
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by Celestyn8213: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
You mean whistle blower
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by MufasaRebirth: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
Obj is class, you can’t hear him talk like an old agbero man, Tinubu should take a leaf from his book.

Long live OBJ !!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by Btruth: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
Baba, your role is "Sunday Dagboru' role in Nigeria politics. So, nobody trust you.
Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by nonsobaba: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
Obasanjo is a pained man who made up his mind that as long as he is alive, he won't let another President complete 8 years in office like him as vengeance for being denied a 3rd term. That is why he keeps choosing and turning against his choice soon after. But Buhari and APC will disgrace him this time.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by kufre2010: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
Buhari the most tribalistic, nepotistic, sectionalistic human on earth.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm by raumdeuter: 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
From president to Alariwo noisemaker

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Crisis; Rochas Okorocha Bombs Oshiomhole, El-rufai ( See Video) / Inflation: FG Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax / Osun Former Commissioner Omowaiye Distributes Free Fuel To Motorcycles In Ilesa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.