Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere (9122 Views)

2023 Presidency: Afenifere Will Not Support Tinubu, Others - Ayo Adebanjo / Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah / 2019 Presidency: Afenifere Meets Obasanjo, May Adopt Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by abibun: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2019
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Wrong!

We prefer 2023 presidency.

We prefer Tinubu ruling Nigeria like he's currently ruling Lagos State (the economy powerhouse of our country).

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for development.

Happy new year famz.
Ruling Lagos into debt, without development to match up with their IGR and debt. Lagos has the highest IGR and the state with the highest debt in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Lumig: 10:41am On Jan 04, 2019
Who are these people speaking for? Maybe their family members sha, definitely not for the Yorubas undecidedWho are these people speaking for? Maybe their family members sha, definitely not for the Yorubas
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by sammyj: 10:43am On Jan 04, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
badmrkt:
Tinubu and Fashola?
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by hagisolo: 10:46am On Jan 04, 2019
speaking from both side of the mouth is a sin, #sw# way of life
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by nograv: 10:49am On Jan 04, 2019
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Wrong!

We prefer Tinubu ruling Nigeria like he's currently ruling Lagos State (the economy powerhouse of our country).

Happy new year famz.

Does Lagos look like Singapore or New York...

Sharap Mumu
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Bobbyfreshh(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2019
post=74438568:
In UNITY we STAND.
TRUE FEDERALISM=UNITY
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Bobbyfreshh(m): 10:52am On Jan 04, 2019
abibun:
Ruling Lagos into debt, without development to match up with their IGR and debt. Lagos has the highest IGR and the state with the highest debt in Nigeria.

BOSS U MUST NOT TELL THEM EVERY THING
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 04, 2019
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Wrong!

Happy new year famz.
lolz u are just talking as if u don't know how hungry northerners are for power....tinubu knows this himself
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Mccullum: 10:55am On Jan 04, 2019
Odumakin knows the truth that restructuring can only be achieved by constitutional amendment and not by executive power, I wonder how is nagging on it when he knew the truth and dodging it due to what he'll benefits from PDP's FG govt.

I remember vividly when he's campaigning for PDP on the platform of Afenifere in 2014 -15 until when he saw how Jonathan was defeated, I think there's no patrioticism in his statement as he only using it to canvass votes for PDP

Odumakin is a bastard that is selling his conscience because of money.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by sanpipita(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2019
Any sensible Nigerian will prefer restructuring
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by johnmartus(m): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2019
This stupid man will just sitting in one corner of his house uttering rubbish.
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by AnanseK(m): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Buhari gave SW VP, Afenifere said it is Greek Gift.

He honored MKO with GCFR and declared June 12 Democracy Day, Afenifere said it is Greek Gift.
He gave GANI GCON, Greek Gift.

He transferred FG Assets in Lagos to Lagos State, Greek Gift.

He made Yorubas Finance Minister, Works, Housing and Power Minister, Health Minister, Communications Minister, Information Minister, Solid Minerals Minister, FIRS CEO, Chief of Defence Staff etc, GREEK GIFT.

He approved $1.4b for construction of Lagos-Ibadan Railway, he is completing, speedily too, Lagos Ibadan Road, Ota Abeokuta, Lagos Abeokuta, Oyo Ogbomoso, Ogbomoso Ilorin roads, construction of Osun and Ekiti State link Roads, Lagos Badagry Expressway, Water Project in Ilesha... Etc. Greek Gift.

Okay, Atiku has promised you SGF to steal all these from the SW, what type of Gift is that one.... LEBANESE GIFT?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Racoon(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2019
This is people reasoning having understood that the hausa-fulani knew the trick of divide and rule tactics hence the series of military coups they have staged.
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2019
True. But whoever thinks Atiku is the one to bring this to pass is only fooling himself.

Atiku is Nigeria's worst nightmare and PDP is a satanic party.

PDP = APC on steroids.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Bizibi(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2019
post=74438568:
In UNITY we STAND.
hahahahahahaha
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by pieces18: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2019
that is the truth of the matter, if restructuring is properly done, there wont be name callings in nigeria anymore. and there wont be quest for dominance of aso rock, anybody that is against restructuring he / she is against us all. i wish ibos will stop day - dreaming of biafara and support afenifere. Osinbande and fashola ( including for not voicing out on restructuring) are the enemies of yoruba people and Nigeria at large for them to think they can deceive yoruba people with the promise of presidency come 2023. who president help? go to daura and see how buhari people are living, they are still living abject poverty despite the fact that buhari is the president.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2019
SPOT-ON!
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
danduchi:
your stupidity amazed me this morning... If only u knew how the north has dominated Nigeria since 1963, u won't spew this trash.
that was sarcasm my friend
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
I wish I could see Yinka Odumakin face to face, I will reset his dead brain with his black ganja lip. As Salvador rightly said, Obasanjo and Jonathan are from South, they didn't restructure d country, even if Atiku wants to, our greedy National Assembly will reject it, all Atiku needs is to sponsored some stupid youths from South to carry placards and protest against restructuring. Yoruba will not vote for Atiku, we are following Tinubu. Afenifere are irrelevant in Yoruba politics, they have spent Jonathan loot finish, they are hungry.
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by DerideGull(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
obembet:
he pan Yoruba organisation, Afenifere, has said that the South West would prefer to vote for a presidential candidate who would push for the restructuring of the country, over the prospect of a 2023 presidency.

Speaking to Daily Sun yesterday Afenifere spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, said the All Progressives Congress (APC) is deceiving the South West by promising them the 2023 presidency, a promise the party also made to the South East.

Odumakin said Yoruba will vote for restructuring over the prospect of a 2023 presidency because it is the only condition in which the zone can rapidly develop.

He accused those promising the South West the 2023 presidency of selfishness, and added that the fact President Muhammadu Buhari comes from Katsina has not saved the state from insecurity; as such, Yoruba have nothing much to gain from having the presidency.

Odumakin said: “I assure you that even the most illiterate of South West voters understand what restructuring is because they lived their lives when the Western Region had autonomy.

“They remember that we had the first television station; under federalism. They know that if Pa Awolowo had to go to Abuja to get a licence for a television station, the South West would probably not have had the first station. They know what it means to have free education, but, Yourba people are now beggars under this arrangement.

“Yoruba voters prefer restructuring, which would speed up development instead of a 2023 South West presidency which is actually a power grab for a few people.

“The 2023 promise of a South West presidency is just about the presidential ambitions of Tinubu, (Vice President Yemi) Osinbajo and (Babatunde) Fashola. President Buhari is from Katsina, yet, the governor of his state, Bello Masari, recently said Katisna has become inhabitable because it has been overrun by armed bandits.

“Why has Katisna as a whole not benefitted from the fact that their son is the president? This present presidential structure cannot benefit anybody except those who are stealing money, buying banks, telecom companies, airlines and those who, five years ago could not afford N2, 000 for transport fare but are now billionaires.”

Earlier, Lagos State Director General of the Buhari/Osinbajo Presidential Campaign, Moshood Salvador, accused former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar and Afenifere of deceiving the South West with the promise of restructuring. Speaking at his Lagos residence, yesterday, Salvador alleged the PDP presidential candidate is insincere and is using the promise of restructuring the country as a ploy to get South West votes.

He also criticised Afenifere, for endorsing Atiku’s candidacy.

“It is not in the power of Atiku to implement restructuring; he can only lie to use it to get votes from the South West.

“After promising that he will restructure if he wins, after six months, he will tell the country that it would not be possible to call for a referendum because the National Assembly is not ready to set itself aside. Atiku knows that restructuring is not possible but he is just saying it to get votes. Those are the kind of lies that politicians are known for.

“When these old men from the South West, who are pushing for restructuring were much younger, what did they do? The one that joined politics at the age of 27 is now over 90. They didn’t achieve restructuring when they were younger, is it now that they are above 90 that they think they can achieve it? We agree that restructuring is a southern agenda, but, former President Olusegun Obasanjo was there for eight years and he did not do restructuring because he knows the truth, which is that it is not possible.

“Goodluck Jonathan was there for five years and he did not do restructuring. All he was concerned about was oil derivation; which was more important to the South South where he came from.

“How come it is now the South West that is championing the issue of restructuring which we all know that is difficult to achieve?
“Even if we want a referendum, the National Assembly has to be set aside, but, are they ready to be set aside?

“No. Even if the National Assembly is ready to be set aside and we are asked to use our voter’s card to vote for or against an issue on ground, we would still not win because restructuring is a southern agenda. The zone would lose as the three northern zones have more registered voters than the three southern zones. Once you know that this would be very difficult to achieve, you don’t push your people out to agitate.

“What you need to do is to strategise and carry other northern states along so that they would know the advantages of restructuring.”

In October 2018, Afenifere, Ohanaeze N’digbo and the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) indicated their resolve to mobilise support for the presidential candidate of any political party that is ready to restructure Nigeria.

On its part, Ohanaeze N’digbo, the apex socio-political body of the Igbo, also said it would vote for any presidential candidate who showed a “sincere” intention to restructure Nigeria on assuming office, a sentiment PANDEF National Secretary, Dr. Alfred Mulade, said they shared

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/04/yoruba-prefer-restructuring-not-2023-presidency-%E2%80%93-afenifere

I can only support the restructure of Nigeria, a.k.a, shithole if it should follow the infrastructural restructure where Lagos and Abuja must be replicated in the defunct Eastern and Midwestern regions respectively. Anything short of this restructure in economic infrastructure is as foolish as Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by qleap2all(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
This guy Odumakin has lost it. If he thinks Fulani / Hausa man would restructure this Nation he is living in a fool's paradise!
Only Yoruba or Igbo, SS can do such
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by kayjay69(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
Some Igbos are also. Some Hausas are also. Some Ijaws too. The list is endless. Ass kissing isn't specific to any tribe, please don't make it out to be such. I am Yoruba and I support absolute restructuring of this country, always have and always will as long as I breath. If you want to follow some paid online performers, who come here to post under Yoruba aliases, who are indeed Yoruba but either don't seem to know who their real enemies are or are actually benefiting from the current arrangement, be my guest. Everyone who has some awareness knows that restructuring Nigeria is the way forward for everyone concerned. I fully agree with all Yinka Odumakin raised but there's a slight issue which involves how his group the Afenifere has allowed itself to be used by political forces. I've always felt such groups should be apolitical. But this is Nigeria where everyone sees involvement in Politics as a means to put food in their bellies. But his message is very true, the messenger may just be the problem.
wink2015:

THE YORUBA SHOULD STOP DILLY DALLYING.

IF THEY ARE FOR RESTRUCTURING THEY SHOULD FULL SUPPORT IT.

BUT SOME YORUBA ARE BEHIND LICKING THE ASS OF BUHARI WHICH MAKES RESTRUCTURING DIFFICULT TO ATTAIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Xander85: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2019
diplomat058:
[b] Restructuring, though desirable by any true progressive who is not satisfied with the abysmal state of things in this British project called Nigeria, has been degraded by politicians into a master strategy designed to draw electoral favours.
I can not trust any politicians, particularly the billionaire beneficiaries of the present systemic dysfunction to rearrange things altruistically. Even if they did, such adjustments would still be lopsided, designed to favour a privileged few. History shows that such revolutionary changes as restructuring can only be true and effective as a bottom-top concept, that is, when triggered by those mostly affected-the peasants and 'rodents' of the system.

Secession is the only true way to go by. Nigeria is a compelled unity of opposites. How it has managed to existentially defied the distrust, disunity, sectarian hatred still amaze me a lot. Even in sports, colourations of dismemberment are still very much manifest. If you doubt this, go and check the comment made by Kano pillars Head Coach about the Club's Igbo players on the loss of trophy to Enugu Rangers Club.

Lets everyone just go his or her own way. Its that simple, and all these senseless killings, hatred, fear, unhealthy competitions, and stagnancy will immediately go extinct! [/b]

Spot on!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by kayjay69(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
And brother mind you, restructuring will involve a constitutional amendment. 2/3 of the upper and lower house have to ascent (correct me if I'm wrong constitutional lawyers). Please add up Yoruba, SS and SE members in the National HOA and tell me if that will be possible. Let's even pretend that we achieve this unity of Yoruba, SS and SE political forces you still will need atleast the NC some states (especially those ones that have been victims of Core Northern Oppression) to make this happen. So you see it's really an uphill task given the current political arrangements via parties. I personally would love all Southerners to unite and push for this. Funny thing if you explain to the random guy on the street in the SW what restructuring means, I'm certain he will want it. But we know we don't select our leaders in the real sense of the word. The parties do and the people who influence the parties are the ones that determine the overall outcome. Nigerians don't also like support good candidates in lesser known parties. So it seems we are running a 2 party system which is very bad for our democracy. It is sad bro but I honestly think we collectively being held back by the Northern and Southern Elites. So as it stands, true restructuring is but a dream.

wink2015:

THE YORUBA SHOULD STOP DILLY DALLYING.

IF THEY ARE FOR RESTRUCTURING THEY SHOULD FULL SUPPORT IT.

BUT SOME YORUBA ARE BEHIND LICKING THE ASS OF BUHARI WHICH MAKES RESTRUCTURING DIFFICULT TO ATTAIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Xander85: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
DerideGull:

I can only support the restructure of Nigeria, a.k.a, shithole if it should follow the infrastructural restructure where Lagos and Abuja must be replicated in the defunct Eastern and Midwestern regions respectively. Anything short of this restructure in economic infrastructure is as foolish as Nigeria.

And this is exactly why it ain't gonna happen anytime soon...that is if those who harbour negative and superiority sentiments against Ndigbo have any say in the matter! And they DO if we're to do this restructuring of a thing the way they craftily advocating for....ie, via the National Assembly and State Assemblies! smiley
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
Xander85:

[s]And this is exactly why it ain't gonna happen anytime soon...that is if those who harbour negative and superiority sentiments against Ndigbo have any say in the matter! And they DO if we're to do this restructuring of a thing the way they craftily advocating for....ie, via the National Assembly and State Assemblies! smiley[/s]

Can u just stop and take a breathe for once.....on issues that is of no concern to you.
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Xander85: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
kayjay69:
And brother mind you, restructuring will involve a constitutional amendment. 2/3 of the upper and lower house have to ascent (correct me if I'm wrong constitutional lawyers). Please add up Yoruba, SS and SE members in the National HOA and tell me if that will be possible. Let's even pretend that we achieve this unity of Yoruba, SS and SE political forces you still will need atleast the NC some states (especially those ones that have been victims of Core Northern Oppression) to make this happen. So you see it's really an uphill task given the current political arrangements via parties. I personally would love all Southerners to unite and push for this. Funny thing if you explain to the random guy on the street in the SW what restructuring means, I'm certain he will want it. But we know we don't select our leaders in the real sense of the word. The parties do and the people who influence the parties are the ones that determine the overall outcome. Nigerians don't also like support good candidates in lesser known parties. So it seems we are running a 2 party system which is very bad for our democracy. It is sad bro but I honestly think we collectively being held back by the Northern and Southern Elites. So as it stands, true restructuring is but a dream.

Spot on!

It's the greedy elite (from all zones/regions) that are the main stumbling block! They can't see beyond the present pecuniary gains they're enjoying from the present structure!
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
Xander85:

Spot on!

No sane human being will agree again to form any country with u guys.

We will never be part of that ago.

Five eastern states alone is enough to form a country called the Igbo nation.....

Other minor issues can be negotiated with Nigeria via mutual agreement.
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by mfm04622: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
These Afenifere peotare fools! If you want restructuring, why not get the Presidency first then use the Presidency to get the restructuring? Haba!!!
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by chloride6: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
Odumakin are you daft?

Is it atiku that will push for restructuring?
Re: Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere by KingSango(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2019
Restructure

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates In AU-EU Summit (Photos) / Rising Food Prices Hitting Nigerians Hard, NHRC Laments / How APC Polluted Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.