Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,295 members, 7,864,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:12 PM

Exclusively - John Legend Defends His Decision To Appear In R. Kelly Docuseries - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusively - John Legend Defends His Decision To Appear In R. Kelly Docuseries (303 Views)

Tekno Defends His Decision To Wear A Jacket In #italy / 'if I Do Amazing Songs It Won't Trend' - Olamide Defends His New Song / Jaywon Defends His Comment About Beverly Osu's Controversial Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusively - John Legend Defends His Decision To Appear In R. Kelly Docuseries by mykomini(m): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
John Legend appeared in Lifetime's much-hyped docuseries Surviving R. Kelly , which aired on Thursday night. Legend took to social media late Thursday to comment on his appearance after the first two episodes aired.
"To everyone telling me how courageous I am for appearing in the doc, it didn't feel risky at all. I believe these women and don't give a f*** about protecting a serial child rapist. Easy decision."

He continued:

"Also I'm happy to support the work of people like my friends at @ALongWalkHome who have been speaking out on behalf of the survivors for a long time."
Legend also thanked the series director and producer dream hampton on Twitter, writing:

"We should all thank my friend @dreamhampton for her very necessary work to create #SurvivingRKelly. These survivors deserved to be lifted up and heard. I hope it gets them closer to some kind of justice."
Legend was the only bold name celebrity who agreed to appear in the docuseries.
"It was incredibly difficult to get people who had collaborated (artistically) with Kelly to come forward," hampton told the Detroit Free Press . "We asked Lady Gaga. We asked Erykah Badu. We asked Celine Dion. We asked Jay-Z.

READ MORE - www.viatrends.com.ng/2019/01/exclusively-john-legend-defends-his.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

I Couldn’t Save My Sister’s Life With All The Money I Had – Adekunle Gold / See The Shocking Advice Cossy Ojiakor Gave To A Suicidal Follower / Details Of How Bow Wow Physically Assaulted His Girlfriend Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.