Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Mournful Poem For An Achiever, Late Alhaji Shehu Shagari- Basheer Adamu Gobir - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mournful Poem For An Achiever, Late Alhaji Shehu Shagari- Basheer Adamu Gobir (550 Views)

Crowd At Burial Of Emir Zazzau, Shehu Idris (Photos, Video) / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Emir Sanusi Sacks Alhaji Auwalu, Palace Chief For Welcoming Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mournful Poem For An Achiever, Late Alhaji Shehu Shagari- Basheer Adamu Gobir by DanZubair(m): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
The death of Alhaji Shehu Shagari
shock entire Sokoto, Northern
Nigeria(Arewa) and Nigeria at
large as they lost a father, patroitic
leader who set the pace for our
future leaders to follow. Basheer Adamu Gobir writes this mourning
poem to commend his mentor,
while listing some of his
achievements, his selfless service to Nigerians and others. Shehu Shagari is indeed an achiever!

Oh my lord! I wish am not dreamy
alas! I am but weary
My mentor goes to Glory
My heart, a sack of pain so heavy
Oh! I lost a teacher, father so dearly

A rare leader and gentleman
Just arbiter and motivator
Losing you torments mind!
You are Without doubt
Our father, teacher and leader
Lived an exemplary life You founded my alma mater
Opened up my village

Taught generations of teachers
Mentored countless leaders
Built our prized monuments
Federal varsities of technology Ajaokuta , katsina and jos
Rolling steel as your kids
Greater Garki in Abuja
Pacesetter of Green Revolution
Unrivaled in housing revolution
Shagari quarters everywhere Your legacies are ubiquitous!

Shagari is a revered name
Locally and internationally
Turakin Sokoto
Your contributions to world peace
To the dismantling Apartheid
African union and United Nations All bear witness!
The two World Bullies were in Awe!

Your statesmanship is exemplary,
Your patience is legendary
Your fear of God is stimulatory
Excellent in humility and empathy...

Click link below to continue reading https://gobirmob.com/en/an-elegy-for-shehu-shagari-by-bashir-adamu-gobir/

(1) (Reply)

Olubadan of Ibadan says obas wear fake and illegal crowns on Tv / The IWUYE Of The HRM Ogunoye Gbadegesin Ajibade III (photos) / BREAKING: Emir Of Jere, HRH Usman Is Deadbreaking: Emir Of Jere, HRH Usman Is De

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.