Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees (10586 Views)

Facebook (Meta) Sacks 21,000 Employees. Read Mark Zuckerberg's Message / Coronavirus: British Airways To Sack 12,000 Employees / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by FaithFighter: 5:16am On Jan 05, 2019
I'm sorry @FBenedict07 for d pains d Debit irreversal may have caused u. It's most likely not Ecobank's fault. It could b dt either an Interswitch report, NIBSS or some other bank's report (if d transaction was done on dr channel) is affecting settlement and subsequent reversal. As a Customer of the bank, my reversals are effected mostly automatically by System default. Worse case, it occurs in less than 24 hours during settlement.

Yes, Ecobank had issues during dr System Upgrade last November, but their systems r very much stable now. If still in doubt, u could check it out now via any of dr digital channels (Ecobank Mobile, Ecobank Online, ATMs, Xpress Point, etc).

Regards.
FBenedict07:
This bank offers the worst in terms of services delivery in Nigeria. Their Network is always flunctuating. Online services very poor. I was debited #6,350 since 1st of December, 2018 and they are yet to reverse it after I've complained over 5times. Closing both my savings and current account immediately after they reverse the money debited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by jerry93: 6:53am On Jan 05, 2019
For those people who are still battling with failure in life, the number one step to take is to give your life to Christ by saying"Lord Jesus come into my life and save me from all forms of sin, today I accept you as my lord and personal saviour in my life and I believed you died for my sin and make free from bondage of sin and now I am free, thank you in Jesus name I pray, Amen.." Now go and join a Bible believing church and attend their services and do everything they doing there couple with your hard work you will never suffer setbacks or lack of promotion in your life.
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by lademi2: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2019
This is the most useless bank without staff's improvement in mind, no incentive nothing. Imagine working in this Bank for 16 years as a contract staff. Same salary. However, if you can grease palms, they move you to permanent site on still low pay. God will judge their key officers, really.
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by ashala(m): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2019
You guys need to cut the bank some slack.
I am yet to see a bank that did system upgrade without
it being accompanied by network challenges.
From my transactions with the bank lately, I have noticed a great improvement and I have no doubt that with the upgrade concluded, network will be much faster and better this year.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2019
I bank with Ecobank and i won't be mincing words if i say am highly disappointed with their services.

Their mobile app in a manner of speaking is frustrating.
One can't access account details.
Can't recharge.
Can't make tranfers and even the debit card mastercard selects online payment transactions to carry.

In this time and age, one would expect more from a finanacial institution that brands itself the 'pan African bank'.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Rahym001(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2019
ecobank should learn how to load thier ATM machines with cash, always out of cash all over the country
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Rahym001(m): 8:14am On Jan 05, 2019
sombody should please tag Akinwutan so he can see how useless his bank can be
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by JAYMA(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2019
Promotion after sacking how many? Those of us that works here knows how bad you guys treats your workers especially the junior cadre. I have colleagues that since 2008 have been on the same salary scale without promotion. You see a teller on N40,000 for ten years in Ecobank. Most staff are just working but not enjoying it. 2016 was the worst year, over 3000 workers laid off, in my branch alone we lost 15. A whole section closed down throughout the nation. The most annoyed part is the claim of pan African Bank, mushroom Banks in other African nations that depends on Ecobank Nigeria to survive. I don't like doing this but the fake promotion is what I detest.
They should also tell the whole world how many they laid off. In one of our branch during 2016 saga, a staff scored 4 of 5 in assessment, he was happy that he won't be sacked but alas! He was the only one yanked off in the branch. God bless you tellers in Ecobank, but think and go out before they finish your destiny. May God bless Oceanic and the Ibru family for staff welfare.
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Ishilove: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2019
mechanics:
The mobile app is not even functioning well.
I uninstalled their useless mobile app long ago
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Ishilove: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2019
JAYMA:
Promotion after sacking how many? Those of us that works here knows how bad you guys treats your workers especially the junior cadre. I have colleagues that since 2008 have been on the same salary scale without promotion. You see a teller on N40,000 for ten years in Ecobank. Most staff are just working but not enjoying it. 2016 was the worst year, over 3000 workers laid off, in my branch alone we lost 15. A whole section closed down throughout the nation. The most annoyed part is the claim of pan African Bank, mushroom Banks in other African nations that depends on Ecobank Nigeria to survive. I don't like doing this but the fake promotion is what I detest.
They should also tell the whole world how many they laid off. In one of our branch during 2016 saga, a staff scored 4 of 5 in assessment, he was happy that he won't be sacked but alas! He was the only one yanked off in the branch. God bless you tellers in Ecobank, but think and go out before they finish your destiny. May God bless Oceanic and the Ibru family for staff welfare.

May God remove us from modern slavery
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Alex1975: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
leochuks1990:

Their ecobank online (internet banking) is one of the best in the industry
Definitely the best with the launch of its state of the art banking app�
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Alex1975: 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
miniziter:
I hate this bank
Why? Hate is a very strong word
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Alex1975: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
Benito8998:

K
Shut up! It's like ur a staff of that stupid bank.
Ecobank online is working well ! there were slight issues during the system upgrade , but it is all well now.
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Alex1975: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
IamZod:
I bank with Ecobank and i won't be mincing words if i say am highly disappointed with their services.

Their mobile app in a manner of speaking is frustrating.
One can't access account details.
Can't recharge.
Can't make tranfers and even the debit card mastercard selects online payment transactions to carry.

In this time and age, one would expect more from a finanacial institution that brands itself the 'pan African bank'.
There was a system upgrade which caused some glitches.I can assure the the banks internet banking is working perfectly right now

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Alex1975: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
Ishilove:

May God remove us from modern slavery
Staff rationalisation is always a very painful process. Management all over the world are always sad to lay off staff but this in inevitable.The key issue is the payoff to redundant staff.Ecobank payoff is the best in the industry without doubt.My advice to retrenched staff industry wide is to see it as a blessing and a stepping stone to greater things.May the good lord help us all
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by miniziter(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
Alex1975:
Why? Hate is a very strong word

Because they've shown me pepper...
Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2019
Alex1975:
There was a system upgrade which caused some glitches.I can assure the the banks internet banking is working perfectly right now
Yea. Its working well now.
Although i had to uninstall the app and reinstall again.

Glad it's pretty OK now.

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees by manli19: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2019
Rahym001:
ecobank should learn how to load thier ATM machines with cash, always out of cash all over the country

If you have any complaints, please call Ecobank Customer Care line: +2347005000000 or you can simply chat them up on whatsapp by adding this number +2348087603717. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do / Strictly For Elect/elect Aspirants, Students, Engineers And Professionals. / Tradermoni, Marketmoni Activation And 15K Disbursement Takes Place In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.