Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter (50682 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by MajesticIgbo(m): 6:36am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:
The movie was crap,rubbish.

No wow factor and why would I waste my time listening to Igbo why not English and add a little Igbo.

She quickly ran to Netflix when she couldn't compete at home and hyped d crap_so boring.

I'm sure it was because of some ppl she did that movie that way.

This what you'd love most.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by redroom: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2019
uchennamani:
The movie is bad. The script is bad. The D.O.P was below average. The scene play is bad. Excellent acting from Genevieve, Pete Edochie and our very own Nkem Owoh.

The story doesn't has much conflict. Everything was predictable. I think Genevieve should just concentrate on acting/production. Almost all the actors gave good account of themselves. The problem with the movie is lack of content, bad directing and screen play. And bad scene play as written earlier.

With this, I believe the best director in Nigeria is Kemi Adetiba. She would have done better. I think Wedding Party is better.

Lol , U said kemi Adetiba would have done it better, but yet non of her movies are acquired by Neflix or Neflix original, do you know what it takes to be noticed by Neflix and Neflix paid millions of dollars to acquire exclusive worldwide rights to lion heart, Neflix reviewed the movie and found it worthy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by playpaz: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2019
Just finished watching it on Netflix, great movie.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by henryobinna(m): 6:42am On Jan 05, 2019
I watched this too, nice movie I'd say but nothing spectacular.

I hope Psquare appeared for free cos I don't know what was the essence of casting him.

The only unusual thing there is that the Uncle wasn't a source of failure of the company, everyother thing is what you'd expect right from the beginning of the movie(especially when they had issues)

By the way, real life businesses don't play like that.

I pray she gives us something more spectacular next time, kudos and good luck to her and Nollywood as a whole.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by thetruth200: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2019
HerCuteness:
I downloaded it but it was predominantly Igbo language so I did a lot of fast forwarding.
what do u expect oga,yorubas too speak their languages in some movies without interpretation and nobody is complaining oga to download movie no be by force..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2019
[quote author=redroom post=74463227]

GTFO , there is a reason Neflix bought Lion Heart movie and not King of the boys, is by merit okay, they reviewed that movie and found it worthy, they paid millions of dollars for it, is a natural movie, no fake accent and overacting,a standard , other producers shld take note[/quote

Shut the fukk up,I read how she was chosen on BBC even someone commented it.

It was not by merit, lol.
Netflix was expanding and they wanted to sponsor a movie for Nigeria since they are already doing it in India, but u know Igbos,always cunning.
Didn't know how she was chosen but omotola and Rita Dominic was angry with her,she unfollowed them on instagram,I saw the news on yabaleft online.
Or why did u think Dominic andand omotola act like they don't know her since she announced d movie.
Its not by merit,lol

If its by merit, we both know who deserved to head that project.

She got what she wanted although had no directing experience, hyped it by saying "Netflix first Nigerian movie" did it and was crap

Why didn't she do like kemi adetiba and direct d movie in Nigeria instead of running to us and shouting Netflix, like when wedding party and movie kunle afolayan came out and were recognized.

Go to Netflix and see many Nigerian movie and look at d most rated one there. U self will know genie got nothing but hype.

But as I know u ppl all u can do is shout.
Wedding party and kunle afolayan and mpnymany Nigerian movie are on Netflix with many views without hype,she ran to Netflix to hype her crap.ppl are telling her d truth, u are saying they hate her.rubbish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2019
MajesticIgbo:

This what you'd love most.

Is there any Igbo movie that can beat kunle afolayan AND ebony life studios, I'm waiting.

Yoruba make film that yemi osibanjo had to create time for to watch.
Not your hype

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2019
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by harry41: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2019
The movie was excellent. A lot of lessons to be learnt. Beautiful cast and cinematography. Kudos Genevieve. It’s not the regular Nigerian movie

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by uchennamani(m): 6:49am On Jan 05, 2019
thetruth200:
The only people criticising this movie are the yorubas ,very stupid and foolish set of tribe.
Lionheart is the first african movie to be bought by netflix,yoruba fools
Don't say that boss. I'm Igbo. There are good takes one can see from the movie. The actors were great. Peter of P-Square part was unnecessary. Same with Phyno. Actors don't make good movies stand out. Good story and directing does. It is when you have a good story, good directing that good actors kill their parts.

Talking as about the story. You must agree with me that there was no conflict in the movie. Many questions were not answered. Did Lionheart win the BRT contract? The BRT contra t was central to the movie. Sadly, we didn't see then end of the conflict. The character that Pete Edochie played took borrowed huge sum of money to buy buses so as to be able to win the BRT contract. We don't know.

The camera angle was bad as well. Most of the scenes were outright bad.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by obowunmi(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2019
HerCuteness:
I downloaded it but it was predominantly Igbo language so I did a lot of fast forwarding.

LooooooL
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:00am On Jan 05, 2019
The first Netflix original from Nigeria.

Good job, Genevieve.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Noneroone(m): 7:02am On Jan 05, 2019
yoruba = hatred and jealousy

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:04am On Jan 05, 2019
[quote author=kolaxed98 post=74463950][/quote]
There is a difference between between been on Netflix and being a Netflix original.
Any movie can be on Netflix, but not any can be a Netflix original.

The latter is more prestigious.

Stick to your shallow Yoruba movies where someone must get pregnant out of wedlock and stop talking what you don't know about.

Netflix don't sponsor such crap.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by harry41: 7:05am On Jan 05, 2019
I believe that was answered in the movie. There was a scene she met Steve Eboh and he told her that the chances of success were slim so she moved on which in my opinion shows that there are many ways to kill a cat. A movie cannot be hundred percent but I dare say it was an interesting watch with a great lesson.

uchennamani:
Don't say that boss. I'm Igbo. There are good takes one can see from the movie. The actors were great. Peter of P-Square part was unnecessary. Same with Phyno. Actors don't make good movies stand out. Good story and directing does. It is when you have a good story, good directing that good actors kill their parts.

Talking as about the story. You must agree with me that there was no conflict in the movie. Many questions were not answered. Did Lionheart win the BRT contract? The BRT contra t was central to the movie. Sadly, we didn't see then end of the conflict. The character that Pete Edochie played took borrowed huge sum of money to buy buses so as to be able to win the BRT contract. We don't know.

The camera angle was bad as well. Most of the scenes were outright bad.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:10am On Jan 05, 2019
harry41:
I believe that was answered in the movie. They did not win the BRT contract. There was a scene she met Steve Eboh and he told her that. A movie cannot be hundred percent but I dare say it was an interesting watch.

A limelight for the industry.

Depending on the profitability of lion heart, It could open the industry up to a whole new revenue stream when American film companies invest in Nigerian films like they now do in India, Mexico and Europe.

Genevieve has done something remarkable. A legacy so to speak.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by chykz47(m): 7:11am On Jan 05, 2019
HerCuteness:
Please dear how did you download it?
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by dingbang(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2019
Nigerians will overhype this movie Sotey, when I watch it, it will be crap. Thats how they did to wakanda... Nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by claseek(f): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2019
They've turned it to yoruba vs igbo. Hahaha!! Very predictable.. mtcheww

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by zicoraads: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2019
Some of you are just ethnic bigots. You will never say the honest truth, as long as it involves someone from your kin.

Let's be honest, that movie is just average.

And for those who think just because it is on Netflix, then it is automatically an amazing movie; you lot should stop spewing ignorance. It's all business for Netflix.

Genny is arguably the biggest on screen diva to have come out of Africa. Netflix saw a business opportunity and invested; nothing more, nothing less.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Blazebond(m): 7:15am On Jan 05, 2019
I really dont like watching over hyped movies,but I hope to watch this Lionheart one of these day's sha,i remembered the day i watched dat wakanda movie (black panther)jeez,my disappointment couldn't be hidden from my face,my guy's with me that day almost killed me with criticisms because i wasn't "wowed" by the great wakanda stuff.
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by sawdi: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2019
ShawttySoFyne:
Loll thought i was alone. I couldn't get subtitle

Where did you download it please?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Obidiugwu: 7:20am On Jan 05, 2019
Amazing,,,Dm us for your musical videos and management,,, henobproductions.com
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Asimov: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2019
Fantastic movie! Well done, Genevieve!
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Ojukwubucket(m): 7:24am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Shut d fuvk up.u and I know y she ran to Netflix to hype d movie.

She noticed some ppl were changing nollywood and she was being sidelined,so she did d best she could by being a director somebody who has no experience.

We all know who she is trying to compete with.

Kunle afolayan movies poo on this crap.

But I expect u defend her as usual not because she's good but u just want to hype her
U just hate the movie because it's connected to Igbo....nothing else.....
Keep hating u hear?....make we see where e go take u

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2019
Vtrd:

There is a difference between between been on Netflix and being a Netflix original.
Any movie can be on Netflix, but not any can be a Netflix original.

The latter is more prestigious.

Stick to your shallow Yoruba movies where someone must get pregnant out of wedlock and stop talking what you don't know about.

Netflix don't sponsor such crap.

Shut the fukk u igbos even though u claim u are the most educated in Nigeria, u fall my hand sometimes.

Do u know the walking dead is shown on fox TV .but is own by AMC, on AMC it will show AMC original because they develop it by themselves that doesn't mean AMC is better that fox TV, so a movie that shows Netflix original,does it mean its better than Disney or warner bros,I'm sure Netflix is better Disney that owns the avengers, but u can watch this same avengers on Netflix, what does that say to u?if a movie is good its good not celebrating mediocre because it is Netflix original,who Netflix original epp,are they not a mostly movie streaming service,

This was the reason y Genevieve ran to Netflix, so that dumb idiot like u can be feeling fly on top nothing.

I say it again search for Nigerian movies on Netflix and the most watched most rated one are made by yoruba.

At least yoruba are producing high quality movie,changing the landscape from crap u guys made.

Whenever a Yoruba produced movie gets out expect to see cinema jam packed raking in millions of naira,I heard wedding party one Alone made 3 billion naira total including cinema and DVD sells and movie streaming online, which Igbo has come close to that record.

Cinema is controlled by Yoruba in Nigeria, I didn't even hear anything about lion heart on social media or on news,how much has she made from cinema, I'm sure u can't say,rubbish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by chukwugoziegi: 7:30am On Jan 05, 2019
UrbanExotica:
I watched overrated and predictable.

God Bless you!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Jaqenhghar: 7:30am On Jan 05, 2019
redroom:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/283387-netflix-acquires-genevieves-lion-heart.html
Go and educate yourself
No its you who needs one.
...and polish up your comprehension skills while at it
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Jaqenhghar: 7:32am On Jan 05, 2019
redroom:

Any #Neflix Original movie is paid for!!, and bought over by Neflix for the content and quality, go and do some research and stop sounding like an illiterate
You are the one who sounds like an illiterate. So any movie on Netflix makes it automatically good. SMH. I bet you have never used Netflix sef.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by enemmo(f): 7:32am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Is there any Igbo movie that can beat kunle afolayan AND ebony life studios, I'm waiting.

Yoruba make film that yemi osibanjo had to create time for to watch.
Not your hype

Biko, ebony life studio movies are horrible.

Hype , hype and more hype.

I enjoyed the humour in the movie.

The culture , the food and dressing was on point.

The story at a point was dragging on and on..but It wasn't predictable a bit.

PS Peter Okoye should stick to his day job, Phyno was just okay.
Onyeka was brilliant. Same as Nkem Owoh, Pete , Genevieve and the Hausa man, Sani.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) / Wathoni Kisses Kiddwaya During BBNaija Truth Or Dare Game / AMVCA 2017: Full Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.